/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ibn ul-Qayyim on the love for Allah

Ummu Sufyaan
01-27-2009, 09:13 AM
:sl:

Ibn al-Qayim said in a poem:
The love of the Beloved must be unconditionally returned If you claim love yet oppose the Beloved, then you love is but a pretence. You love the enemies of your Beloved and still seek love in return. You fight the beloved of your Beloved. Is this Love or the following of Shaytan? True devotion is nothing but total submission of body and soul to One Love.

Source: al-Walaa' wal Baraa' according to the Aqeedah of the Salaf Muhammad Saeed al-Qahtani

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-28-2009, 08:50 AM
*bump...

KashifB
03-01-2009, 12:01 AM

Is it possible you could explain this in simple English what he's trying to say? I don't understand :embarrass

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
03-01-2009, 01:21 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam

its just basically means that truly loving Allah means obeying Him ... and there's no such thing as loving Allah, yet opposing Him<---if that is the case, than this love isn't really true..

i guess another way to understand ibn ul-Qayyims words is to compare loving and revering someone, eg a friend, etc. i.e if you love them, then you do everything they do, and you don't really want to go against their word, or opposite them. naturally, because of your love for them, you want to follow and be like them...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
03-01-2009, 01:46 PM

What a fantastic quote jazakAllah khair

Amat Allah
03-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Jazaki Allaho khairan my dear Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

I love Ibn Al Qayyim soo much may Allah grant him al ferdaws and all muslims with out being reckoning Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen

Ummu Sufyaan
11-28-2009, 10:43 AM
*bump...

Najm
11-28-2009, 01:16 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah! Thats an amazing quote!! Ameen to the dua!

FiAmaaniAllah

saf1
12-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Great quote :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.