/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New member

Aabidah Marie
01-27-2009, 04:54 PM
:sl:
I am the wife of an administrator That means that I never have acess to the computer. Woodrow and myself are either driving between MN and SD ( soon to add ND), or the computer is otherwise occupied with guess who? Someday I hope to have access to my own computer insha Allaah.

I accepted Islam on Oct 7 2006. Living in a town in SD with >300 people I used to spend a lot of time on the cxomputer. Just around the beginning of Ramadan, I clicked on a web site called belief net. just for curiosity (so i thought) i clicked on the reference to Islam. After 3 days or so, and about 30 some odd hours I took Shahada. Alhamdullilah!
Since my husband is biting his nails and pacing the floor it must be time for him to check in. But it is okay. I was so fortunate to have so many blessings, including my husband, from Allaah, I also receive many books from Egypt and Saudi. I am so blessed in all aspects of my life that giving up my computer is not that much a sacrifice.

The one area that i am lacking in is learning to read the Qur'an in Proper Arabic. My Grandchildren speak and read much better than myself. Masha Alaah someday that too will come.I cannot believe how empty my life was before i accepted Islam. I do wear hijab and dress, even around the house. We live miles from our nearest neighbor, but all i have to do is run out without my hijab, and it is like there is a traffic light that goes to green!

As you can probably tell, this was not a planned introduction, but thought it was time - I ACTUALLY HAD >5 MINUTES ON THE COMPUTER.

Thank you for remembering us in your Dua's. Especially when i am married to Woodrow. The only thing worse than living with someone who thinks they are always right is being married to someone who usually is!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
01-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Wa'Alaykumus Salaam,

It's a pleasure and honour to have you here on the forums aunt :). I hope you have a wonderful time here, and benefit through the forum, and insha'Allah the forum will benefit through you.

Thank you for remembering us in your Dua's. Especially when i am married to Woodrow. The only thing worse than living with someone who thinks they are always right is being married to someone who usually is
;D

crayon
01-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Aww mashallah!
Welcome to the forums sis, hopefully brother Woodrow will give you more than 5 minutes to on the computer next time...:p

Hope you enjoy it here!:)

nadia85
01-27-2009, 05:03 PM
welcome sister I am sure u will enjoy it here

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
01-27-2009, 05:03 PM
At long last, Aabida! We have been waiting for you! :D

Salaam and welcome to LI. :)

Aabidah Marie
01-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Asallamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahu wa Barakatu

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the Glory of Islam, and enlarge my family. It will be so niceto get to know my Sisters and Brothers.

glo
01-27-2009, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aabida Marie
The only thing worse than living with someone who thinks they are always right is being married to someone who usually is!
Haha! I know what that feels like.
Don't worry, you'll get used to it and learn to use it to your own benefit! :)

Gator
01-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope to see you in the discussions.

(Woodrow she needs a laptop and you need wifi!)

Aabidah Marie
01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahu wa Barakatu

Your pictures are wonderful....did I mention that my husband bought me a camera, so now i have a new hobby to fill my time.
N.B. am learning how to benefit from my husband's traits, but any advice will be accepted.

Jazak Allaah

Re.TiReD
01-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Wa'alaykum salam!!!!

It's great to see you here, masha'Allah! :D I hope we'll be seeing much more of you insha'Allah, have a fab time.

WassalamuAlaykum

Woodrow
01-27-2009, 05:51 PM

I want to thank everybody for the warm welcome you have given my wife. She will be back soon. Probably before the day is over.

She enjoyed meeting you all.

nadia85
01-27-2009, 06:00 PM
awww bless glad to hear masallah

*Yasmin*
01-27-2009, 06:43 PM
wa'alaykum asSalam
welcome sister
i felt that's you from ur name it was just a feeling wow

Olive
01-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Subhan'Allah, that's great!

Welcome to the Forums then, aunt. :)

Donia
01-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Wa alaikum asalaam rahmatullahi wa barakatu. :)
Welcome to the forum, sister.
So glad you could join.

Periwinkle18
01-28-2009, 03:43 AM
ASsalam o alikum

welcome to the forum aunty Aabida :) hope u enjoy ur stay.

layla is here
01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
aww that sweet to have a married couple on the board. I wonder if there are any other married couples out there on here?
Welcome to the board!

Ansariyah
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Lol MashaAllah, welcome.:bump1:

piXie
01-28-2009, 06:13 PM
:wasalamex

welcomeee! We was waiting for u to join. :D

format_quote Originally Posted by layla is here
aww that sweet to have a married couple on the board. I wonder if there are any other married couples out there on here?
There are some others too.

Intisar
01-28-2009, 06:16 PM
:w: Mashaa'Allaah so since Woodrow is Unc, I guess you're Auntie eh? ;D

Welcome, welcome, hope to see you posting a bit more. :D

Faith.
01-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Aaaw Welcome to the forum:D
:welcome:

Pk_#2
01-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Aabidah?! The Aabidah? :ooh: Well, hello sassy ladeh :statisfie

Oh AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh, btw :exhausted

*here's a carrot*
Welcome prezzie

And last but not least, *poKe!*

north_malaysian
02-02-2009, 06:57 AM
[BANANA] SeLAmaT dATanG (Welcome) [/BANANA]

It's nice to meet you....:D

P/S: I know it's hard being a wife of a famous LI Administrator, maybe Uncle Woodrow should give specific hours for you to log in...

Yanal
04-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Late welcome,I'm the youngest member and am 13,brother woodrow tell her to stay active,she might be the next mod!

BintAbee
04-23-2009, 02:48 PM
welcome and ^thanks Yanal for resurrecting this thread... never knew uncle woodrow's wife was here... hope she logs on more often... Welcome Aabida and hope u enjoy the forum!!! :)

Woodrow
04-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Aabidah does look over my shoulder often when I am on the open boards, and quite often tells me what to say. I try to be certain to state that I am writing her reply.

However, she often asks me to look and tell her what some specific members are saying and what the most active topics are.

She seldom types and often has to spend the day in bed. She suffers from chronic pain and has severe arthritis, so she does not like to sit at the computer. These long car trips we take several times a week are very exhausting for her and leave her very tired. We did get an RV a few weeks back so now she can lay down and sleep while we are on the road (which is almost all of the time)

*Yasmin*
04-23-2009, 03:20 PM
may Allah help her
in sha' Allah she'll recover
wish for her the best

salam

Woodrow
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
May Allah swt ease her pain :ermm: Cures her and gives her total relief. Ameen.Oh. Now we know why you appear extra intelligent lately :ermm:
There is a good bit of truth in that. We do often discuss many things that seem to eventually come up in threads. We spend a lot of time talking about many subjects, spending up to 12 hours a day together traveling across the prairies we do a lot of talking.

In fact we will be heading out again in a few hours. This time we will have very little internet connection, for many miles, our path is going to take us through the Wahpe-Ton Sisseton Lakota Reservation and then the Cheyenne River Rez so we are looking at 12 - 14 hours driving before we get to an area I can connect with the laptop.

I do appreciate her insight and opinions in a lot of subjects. She also has had a very diverse life.

BintAbee
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
May Allah make it easy for her and for you as well ... Ameen

أبو سليمان عمر
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
welcome asalam wa alakum :)

AabiruSabeel
04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
May Allah swt ease her pain :ermm: Cures her and gives her total relief. Ameen.
Ameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Oh. Now we know why you appear extra intelligent lately :ermm:
That's ironically quite the opposite of your classical jokes :><:

glo
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Safe journey, Woodrow and Aabidah. Be back soon. :)

Woodrow
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Safe journey, Woodrow and Aabidah. Be back soon. :)
This is actually a trip we makes several times a week. Normally we just head weat and pass through the Cheyenne River Reservation. But Because of the recent flooding many roads are out, so we are having to head North to the Wahpe-Ton Sisseton Lakota Reservation and go about 200 miles out of our way.

At the moment I can still use the laptop when we stop, like now. We still have about a 4-5 hour drive before we reach the Wahpe-Ton Sisseton Lakota Reservation from there onward we will not have any wireless connection until we get to Faith SD.

Aabidah says Salaam to everybody.

Tony
04-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Assalamu aleiykum sister, we feel like we know you already. You seem to have a diamond in Woodrow. May Allah bless you with peace and happiness

glo
04-24-2009, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
This is actually a trip we makes several times a week. Normally we just head weat and pass through the Cheyenne River Reservation. But Because of the recent flooding many roads are out, so we are having to head North to the Wahpe-Ton Sisseton Lakota Reservation and go about 200 miles out of our way.

At the moment I can still use the laptop when we stop, like now. We still have about a 4-5 hour drive before we reach the Wahpe-Ton Sisseton Lakota Reservation from there onward we will not have any wireless connection until we get to Faith SD.

Aabidah says Salaam to everybody.
For somebody living on a (relatively) small island, that's a enormous journey to take, Woodrow!
From where I live 200 miles (as the crow flies) in most directions would find me in the sea! :D
What is the purpose of the trip, and why do you have to make it several times a week?

Salaam back to you both. :)

saba muslimah
04-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Welcome dear Sis Abidah
Asalam Alikum Warehmatullah

I feel we have a huge family around the world on LI... :D
Wow our meeting place :thumbs_up :)

Woodrow
04-24-2009, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
For somebody living on a (relatively) small island, that's a enormous journey to take, Woodrow!
From where I live 200 miles (as the crow flies) in most directions would find me in the sea! :D
What is the purpose of the trip, and why do you have to make it several times a week?

Salaam back to you both. :)
Out here on the plains states there is very little population towns and cities are far apart. The Plains States are all very large. Most at least the size of the UK. Last May we moved into the house in SD to Evansville. Beautiful house that we both love. We were unable to get the fencing up and such before the bad weather hit and did not get the horses moved. We retained our residency as South Dakota. Both of us get our medical needs taken care of at the VA hospitals. For routine care you have to use the hospitals in your state of residency.

Because of the horses we had to spend much time in SD and also between the 2 of us we have at least 2 appointments a week at Fort Mead in SD for routine care.

Anyhow with being the few Muslims on the reservations we felt an obligation to do what we can on the reservations. The Pine Ridge Reservation now has a few Muslims at least 8 new reverts. But, Pine Ridge is also the most poverty stricken area in the USA, possibly in the world. Unemployment is about 75% and the few employed in any work are below the poverty level income. We do share what little we have with as many as we can at Pine Ridge. so we find ourselves spending a lot of time in Pine ridge also.

So we had Minnesota, for periodic comfort breaks living in a house with heat and running water. SD for taking care of our horses and visiting the reservations in SD.

But, it is all a moot point for the time being. We discovered there is no drinkable water for the horses here in Minnesota, which means we have to keep the horses out on The Cheyenne River Reservation. The house in SD has been condemned because of flood damage. We are now in the process of moving to ND. slow process between moving stuff from Minnesota, trying to keep up with our doctors appointments at Fort Mead, caring for the horses and trying to salvage what we can from the house in SD. But the time we spend on the reservations meeting with and speaking to the many Sioux we now know has been very beneficial. We do have a very large vacant Building in Faith SD which we are now giving to be used as a Mosque. It is an ideal location as it is centrally locate ed in the state. At this time the only Mosque available for Muslims in SD is in Sioux Falls and it is a 600 to 700 mile trip for most of the SD Muslims. The Faith location will make it an average of about 250 miles.

Sahabiyaat
04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
OMGGGGG
Mrs Woodrow!!!!!!! :-[

welcome onboard! :D

FatimaAsSideqah
04-24-2009, 11:34 PM

Masha'Allah! Welcome to LI Islamic Forum, our aunty! Apologise for my lateness welcome you!

Nice name you've got! :statisfie I'm so happy that we got uncle and aunt in here! :D

May Allah Taala cures your suffering and pain! Ameen.

GreyKode
04-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum, Respected Mrs Woodrow, Mashallah.
Brother Woodrow is such a great person, May ALLAH bless you both and your family.

Muslim Woman
04-25-2009, 12:44 AM
In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

format_quote Originally Posted by Aabidah Marie

I accepted Islam on Oct 7 2006.

MashaAllah

It's so nice to meet u , sis :)

May Allah bless you & bro Woodrow with good health & shower His others blessings on you 2 , Ameen.

Muslim Woman
04-25-2009, 01:01 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Aabidah Marie

I accepted Islam on Oct 7 2006.

MashaAllah

It's so nice to meet u , sis :)

May Allah bless you & bro Woodrow with good health & shower His others blessings on you 2 & near dear ones ...haha that includes us--forum participants also ...I hope :D

, Ameen.

Muslim Woman
04-25-2009, 01:07 AM

... we are looking at 12 - 14 hours driving
bro Woodrow , there is no alternate way to go ? I mean , by boat or train ??

Woodrow
04-26-2009, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

bro Woodrow , there is no alternate way to go ? I mean , by boat or train ??
The Plains States are very empty. Typical views of the Dakotas:

Where we call home is hundreds of miles from the nearest town that has Air, Rail or Bus service.

Yanal
04-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Talk about me Unc Woodrow,show her my immature posts if you want:).

Muslim Woman
04-26-2009, 03:50 AM
In the name of Allah , the Most Gracious , Ever Merciful

[img] http://theislampath.com/smf/Smileys/default/salam.gif[/img]

The Plains States are very empty. Typical views of the Dakotas:

views are nice but must you 2 live in Dakotas ? Can't u move in to another town where doctors & hospitals are available easily ?

Woodrow
04-26-2009, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
In the name of Allah , the Most Gracious , Ever Merciful

[url] http://theislampath.com/smf/Smileys/default/salam.gif[/img]

views are nice but must you 2 live in Dakotas ? Can't u move in to another town where doctors & hospitals are available easily ?
We raise horses, they are our primary income. Horses are still a very major part of transportation out here and many places can only be reached on horse back.

Plus, Aabidah is Native American and we prefer to live on the Sioux reservation. It is a different less troubling life style free from all of the clutter and fitnah of the cities.

It does have its hardships, but the rewards of ranch living are immense in the quietness and the ability to pray unhindered and live as Muslims with no distractions.

Most non-Americans see America as being big cities with lots of people. But the truth is the majority of North America is vast open farm and prairie land. Except for the 100 or so big cities, America is made up of farms, ranches and small towns.

Imam
04-26-2009, 09:59 AM

Welcome Dear sister ...Brother woodrow is one of the most beloved persons not only for the Muslims in LI but the non-Muslims too...
May Allah bless you both always...

Yanal
04-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Bro Woodrow,how do you get to the masjid on Fridays? If you don't mind me asking.

Woodrow
04-26-2009, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Bro Woodrow,how do you get to the masjid on Fridays? If you don't mind me asking.
In the car like we get every place else.

We always plan our schedule around that we will be within close travel to the Masjid at Sioux Falls. That is the only Masjid with an Imam in the entire state.
When we are on the Rez we are much closer to the Masjid, then when we are in Minnesota. We are always someplace in SD on Thursdays and Fridays and that is closer then when we are at home in Minnesota. When we get moved to ND we will be able to get to either the Masjid at Fargo or the one at Sioux Falls. But now since we are at the Rez most of the time we are closest to Sioux Falls.

Yanal
04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
MashAllah. May Allah keep your two iman hugh in the sky. Ameen.

PS bro woodrow I got a recent dot on my nose.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.