/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic League of Cuba

cubanomuslim
01-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Assalamu alaikum!

My name is Muslim, I'm 25 and I'm a Cuban new Muslim.
I'd like to give you some information about the situation of Islam in my country:
The Islamic League of Cuba is the name of an Islamic organization in charge of spreading the message of Islam in the country. It was officially created in 2004 and its members are all Muslims living in the island who wish to belong to it.

The government has given permission for the building of a mosque in Havana city and it is expected that the construction will begin in the near future. For the time being, Cuban Muslims perform their Jumu'a prayers at the house of the president of the League.

Ordinary people in Cuba have not enough knowledge about Islam, there are, however, a growing number of new Muslims and others who would like to gain more knowledge of the religion.

Generally, our only sources of information about Islam are printed books yet they are quite scarce. For instance, most of us have never read a Holy Qur'an with tafsir in Spanish like Muhammad Asad's. I wonder which is the ideal translation and commentary of the Qur'an for Cubans to read. Essential books like the main collections of hadiths are also difficult to find.

On behalf of the Cuban Umma I'd like to send my best wishes to you all, may God help you increase your iman, forgive you and reward you for your good deeds. If any of you desires to get in touch with us, you can email me at:
vry84@mail.ru

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
01-27-2009, 11:19 PM
cuba!! fidel castro eh.... :D

mashallah to see islaam their aswell, i hope fidel castro becomes muslim aswell

Mikayeel
01-27-2009, 11:37 PM
:sl:
woww i lovee cubaa !!

MashAllah, a big yemeni community there?

I will visit cuba one day inshAllah :)

transition?
01-27-2009, 11:56 PM
:sl:

Bienvenidos a LI Forums!

Islam in Cuba, wowzer.

Perhaps a mosque in another country can sponsor a book drive or fundraiser for your mosque.
Do you have a website for the Muslim community in your area? If you don't, it might be a great starting point. That way it would be easier to start calling other mosques to give you a hand.
Maybe even a video drive, so you can acquire video lectures to go with study groups/classes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-24-2009, 04:56 AM
very nice.. too bad I missed this, I have always liked Cubans the most out of all the countries south of the U.S..

very well educated individuals mash'Allah..

sorry I missed you the first time around.. here is to hoping you come back and post again..

:welcome: aboard..

:w:

Yanal
05-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes Islam is increasing in numbers everywhere which causes things like this to happen:).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.