/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Cadburys Chocolate with Pork

Hamayun
01-28-2009, 12:09 AM
:sl:
This is a warning to anyone buying Cadburys Chocolate. Please check the ingredients.

Me and my family bought some Cadburys chocolate mousse and after we all ate it realised it contained Pork Gelatin.

I would have never imagined Pork in Chocolate. What is wrong with these people?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Sadly many products contain gelatin. Check the ingredients on everything and if you see gelatin mentioned, don't eat it, unless you know the gelatin is from a halal source.

Dawud_uk
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
any cadbury's products which contain geletine will contain pork (not that eating non pork but still haram geletine is a good thing anyway).

this is because they manufacture in the uk and in the uk they dont use beef geletine anymore because of the fear of mad cow disease.

Silver
01-28-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't think that the Cadburys they send to the middle east contains pork, they usually use beef gelatine.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
01-28-2009, 10:30 AM
on the cadburys in the UK that are vegetarian they have it clearly there on their products that its suitable for vegetarians....

Danah
01-28-2009, 10:33 AM
^ true....and there is nothing in its ingredients said that it contain pork Gelatin

Hamayun
01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Jazakallah for the advice. The chocolate mousse said "pork gelatin" in the ingredients. I feel even worse because its pork and not beef. I wish I had checked before I ate :(

YusufNoor
01-28-2009, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
I don't think that the Cadburys they send to the middle east contains pork, they usually use beef gelatine.

as another brother(or 2) pointed out, GELATIN (period, not just pork) is Haram, UNLESS it states that it is Halal.

btw, not using you as an example, just pointing it out. :)

:w:

*Flossy*
01-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Don't know about anyone else but I was surprised to find that muller light yoghurts have got gelatine in them... My (muslim) friend came to my house the other day and on the way went to Tesco to get some lunch... They bought a muller light yoghurt and I was like "Woah!! Don't you know they have gelatine in them?!" Their reply was "No they haven't, I used to eat these all the time" so I said to check the ingredients and they were as surprised as me!! :muddlehea

Musaafirah
01-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Here's a link for what's halaal and what's not.
You can go back to the home page to search for other companies you may be interested in.
This only applies in the UK however.
Food guide

sur
01-29-2009, 04:21 AM
pork has water(H2O) in it's tissues.....
if a pork is slaughtered, water in it evapourates & becomes part of a cloud......
cloud rains & that rain water seeps into ground....
they pump that water in ur water tank & u drink that water....

So now water that originated in pork is going in ur body.....!!!!! How can u stop this haraam product going in u???

Yanal
01-29-2009, 04:23 AM
Not to inhale^. It's a good warning.I looked up that some Hershey bars contain pork too.

Yanal
01-29-2009, 04:24 AM
Also not only everyone gets pork in them only people near non halal meat shops.

YusufNoor
01-29-2009, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
pork has water(H2O) in it's tissues.....
if a pork is slaughtered, water in it evapourates & becomes part of a cloud......
cloud rains & that rain water seeps into ground....
they pump that water in ur water tank & u drink that water....

well, they put chlorine in to kill the crap [OK, except the chlorine] and fluoride to pacify you so that you don't care! :D

So now water that originated in pork is going in ur body.....!!!!! How can u stop this haraam product going in u???

a) do you really think that the kufar waste any pork? :)

b) you really don't trust Allah[SWT] to filter the rain water? :blind:

BlackMamba
01-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Are Doritos haram?

Musaafirah
01-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Halaal

Doritos Cool Chive & Sour Cream Dip
Doritos Hot Salsa Dip (fish derivatives)
Doritos Mild Salsa Dip (fish derivatives)
Nobby's Nuts Coated Sweet Chilli Flavour
Nobby's Nuts Dry Roast
Nobby's Nuts Salty
Walkers Lights Cheese & Onion Flavour
Walkers Lights Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Flavour
Walkers Lights Simply Salted
Walkers Lights Sour Cream & Chive Flavour
Walkers Salt & Shake Crisps
Walkers Sensations Crisps Caramelised Onion & Sweet Balsamic Vinegar Flavour
Walkers Sensations Crisps Gently Infused Lime & Thai Spices Flavour
Walkers Sensations Crisps Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Flavour
Walkers Sensations Crisps Slow Roasted Lamb & Moroccan Spices Flavour
Walkers Sensations Crisps Thai Sweet Chilli Flavour
Walkers Sensations Crisps Vintage Cheddar & Red Onion Chutney Flavour (alcoholic flavours)
Walkers Crisps BBQ Rib Flavour
Walkers Crisps Cheese & Onion Flavour
Walkers Crisps Chilli & Lemon Flavour
Walkers Crisps Heinz Tomato Ketchup Flavour
Walkers Crisps Marmite Yeast Extract Flavour
Walkers Crisps Pickled Onion Flavour
Walkers Crisps Ploughmans Flacour (Animal Rennet)
Walkers Crisps Prawn Cocktail Flavour (alcoholic flavours)
Walkers Crisps Ready Salted
Walkers Crisps Roast Chicken Flavour
Walkers Crisps Salt & Vinegar Flavour
Walkers Crisps Steak & Onion Flavour
Walkers Crisps Worcester Sauce Flavour
WalkersMax Crisps Chargrilled Steak Flavour (alcoholic flavours)
WalkersMax Crisps Cheese & Onion Flavour
WalkersMax Crisps Paprika Flavour
Walkers Baked Cheese & Onion Flavour
Walkers Baked Mango Chilli Flavour
Walkers Baked Ready Salted
Walkers Baked Salt & Vinegar Flavour
Walkers Baked Sour Cream & Chive Flavour
Chipsticks Ready Salted
Chipsticks Salt 'n' Vinegar Flavour
French Fries Cheese & Onion Flavour
French Fries Ready Salted
French Fries Salt & Vinegar Flavour
French Fries Worcester Sauce Flavour
Monster Munch Flamin' Hot Flavour
Monster Munch Pickled Onion Flavour
Monster Munch Roast Beef Flavour

Quavers Salt & Vinegar Flavour
Cheese Flavour Moments (animal rennet)
Scampi Flavour Fries
Walkers Sensations Poppadom Bites Lime & Coriander Flavour
Snaps Spicy Tomato Flavour
Squares Cheese & Onion Flavour
Squares Ready Salted
Squares Salt & Vinegar Flavour
Original
Oven Roasted Onion & Rosemary (animal rennet)
Sour Cream & Cracked Black Pepper
Wotsits Flamin' Hot Flavour
Wotsits Prawn Cocktail Flavour
Doritos Chilli Heatwave Flavour
Doritos Cool Original Flavour
Doritos Hint of Lime Flavour
Doritos Lightly Salted
Doritos Sizzling BBQ
Doritos Tangy Cheese Flavour
Sensations Corn Chips Cream Cheese & Cracked Black Pepper Flavour
Sensations Corn Chips Sweet Chilli & Coriander Flavour

Haraam
Walkers Sensations Crisps Oven Roasted Chicken with Lemon & Thyme Flavour - Poultry extract
Walkers Sensations Oriental Crackers Peking Spare Rib & Five Spice Flavour - contains pork

Please avoid:
Bacon Flavour Fries
Frazzles
Walkers Crisps Smoky Bacon Flavour
Nobby's Nuts Coated Smoked Bacon Flavour
Walkers Crisps Roast Gammon Flavour
Walkers Crisps Sweet Cumberland Sausage Flavour

Investigating:
Wotsits Really Cheesy Flavour

Calf Rennet Clarification:
Rennet per se, is not impermissible.
It is permissible to eat cheese which has rennet from calf rennet though
praiseworthy to refrain from due to a slight difference of opinion viz:

Is Whey Rennet Haraam? (no!)
http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/in...question&id=20

A.F. - Alcohol Flavourings:
Alcoholic Flavourings Clarification:

Alcohols used as a carrier for food colourings and flavourings are permissible as long as they are not sourced from dates or grapes.

Read the full article here:
http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/in...uestion&id=200

mystifyed
01-29-2009, 08:16 AM
i just ate a perk yesterday:exhausted

Fishman
01-29-2009, 08:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
This is a warning to anyone buying Cadburys Chocolate. Please check the ingredients.

Me and my family bought some Cadburys chocolate mousse and after we all ate it realised it contained Pork Gelatin.

I would have never imagined Pork in Chocolate. What is wrong with these people?
Chocolate mousse usually contains gelatine, Cadbury or not. Regular chocolate is free from the stuff, it's just that mousse needs something to give it its jelly-like consistency.

Word of advice: don't eat chocolate mousse or any chocolate-flavoured yoghurts, I've never seen one without any gelatine.

chacha_jalebi
01-29-2009, 04:27 PM
is quavers the original ones halaal, these crisps people are so stooopid, why make one flavour halaal and the other not? pssssssh

Hamayun
01-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Great advice by all. Jazakallah :)

Khalisah
01-29-2009, 06:19 PM
As a general guidline, most foods that are suitable for vegetarians these days have the vegetarian symbol, also most moussses/jelly, jelly sweets, trifles, anything that is of jelly consistancy or moussy, or chocolate yoghurts will contain geletin, and usally haram from a non-islamic shop will be haram. The cadburys chocolate should be fine though InshaAllah - Still always safer to check:)
Hope that helps!

Pk_#2
01-29-2009, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
is quavers the original ones halaal, these crisps people are so stooopid, why make one flavour halaal and the other not? pssssssh
:skeleton: I ate 3 for lunch. And I duno, but they're really stoopid because they losing customers by putting one crap flavour in, 'cause no ones gonna buy it to chuck a few away, get me.

sur
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

a) do you really think that the kufar waste any pork? :)

b) you really don't trust Allah[SWT] to filter the rain water? :blind:

Mine was a rhetorical question.
I do trust ALLAH that chemicals in pork get processed to their basic nature & so this basic chemical H2O(dihydrogen oxide) does NOT remain haraam. Likewise "gelatin" is a basic compound that in extracted from whatever source after a lot of filteration processes..... So it DOES NOT remain haraam................

Eating pork is haraam, E.A.T.I.N.G. or drinking any porkish material for that matter.

If gelation extracted after filteration is haraam, then water that evaporated from pork is also haraam. !!!

YusufNoor
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Mine was a rhetorical question.
I do trust ALLAH that chemicals in pork get processed to their basic nature & so this basic chemical H2O(dihydrogen oxide) does NOT remain haraam. Likewise "gelatin" is a basic compound that in extracted from whatever source after a lot of filteration processes..... So it DOES NOT remain haraam................

Eating pork is haraam, E.A.T.I.N.G. or drinking any porkish material for that matter.

If gelation extracted after filteration is haraam, then water that evaporated from pork is also haraam. !!!

do you have a daleel for that?

Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala decides what is haram and halal.

Dawud_uk
01-31-2009, 02:52 AM

geletine from pork (or other haram source) is not the same as water, one is basic compound of life, the other is mixture of various organic chemicals and dead organic matter directly devived from a haram source.

there is no filtration process, it is processed through various cooking and chemical processes but end result is still a product containing dead haram animal.

sur
02-01-2009, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
do you have daleel for that?
Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala decides what is haram and halal.

I gave daleel with example of water...!!!
or if u r asking for scholarly fatwa on this topic, YES, i have scholarly fatwa BUT scholar i heard it from doesn't have online material from him so i can't give his web link. But if u search like "fatwa gelatin" u'll find many fatwas allowing gelatin.

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk

geletin from pork (or other haram source) is not the same as water, one is basic compound of life, the other is mixture of various organic chemicals and dead organic matter directly derived from a haram source.

there is no filtration process, it is processed through various cooking and chemical processes but end result is still a product containing dead haram animal.

u r contradicting urself. U said there is no filtration then urself said it goes thru chemical processes.......

How about if someone extract pure calcium(Ca) from bones of pork & start selling in market......!!! This is even more simple than water(H2O). Will u take that calcium???

& by-the-way gelatin is a chemical extracted after purifying & chemically extracting processing collagen. & Many of medicines & cod-liver-oil capsules, primrose oil capsules etc rather ALL capsules have same gelatin whose source we cannot confirm. If gelatin is haraam then we should stop taking gelatin containing supplements & many foods available in market, right from yogurt, ice creams, low-fat-milk coz they use gelatin to take fat out, beverages coz they use gelatin to clear beverages like fruit juices of pulp, jellies & salads,,,, let alone this chocolate mentioned in OP.

Now, there's nothing like halal gelatin or haraam gelatin. Gelatin manufacturers don't care about muslims. They would buy whatever raw material would be cheaper for them.

Woodrow
02-01-2009, 04:39 AM
Even if you can not find products with halal gelatin, you need not be deprived. Look for things that use stuff like Carrageen, aga-agar, etc. You will never notice it is not gelatin.

aminahjaan
02-01-2009, 05:18 AM
that's nasty. I don't want pig in my chocolate.

Dawud_uk
02-01-2009, 05:49 AM
I gave daleel with example of water...!!!
or if u r asking for scholarly fatwa on this topic, YES, i have scholarly fatwa BUT scholar i heard it from doesn't have online material from him so i can't give his web link. But if u search like "fatwa gelatin" u'll find many fatwas allowing gelatin.

u r contradicting urself. U said there is no filtration then urself said it goes thru chemical processes.......

How about if someone extract pure calcium(Ca) from bones of pork & start selling in market......!!! This is even more simple than water(H2O). Will u take that calcium???

& by-the-way gelatin is a chemical extracted after purifying & chemically extracting processing collagen. & Many of medicines & cod-liver-oil capsules, primrose oil capsules etc rather ALL capsules have same gelatin whose source we cannot confirm. If gelatin is haraam then we should stop taking gelatin containing supplements & many foods available in market, right from yogurt, ice creams, low-fat-milk coz they use gelatin to take fat out, beverages coz they use gelatin to clear beverages like fruit juices of pulp, jellies & salads,,,, let alone this chocolate mentioned in OP.

Now, there's nothing like halal gelatin or haraam gelatin. Gelatin manufacturers don't care about muslims. They would buy whatever raw material would be cheaper for them.
they are not extracting calcium though are they?

they are extracting the various matter from the bone and tendans which they boil up and do other things to to make geletine, the sticky stuff you use for cooking.

the gelatine in the tablets is the coating, not all medicines have it but there are alternatives so ask at the doctors if not sure.

SirZubair
02-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Buy your chocolates from New Zealand, Cadbury use HALAL Geletin in nearly ALL of their chocolates here :) From Chocolate fish to Perky Nana ;) :)

Fishman
02-01-2009, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
that's nasty. I don't want pig in my chocolate.
You need to use gelatin to make yoghurts like that, unless you use some expensive alternative or a vegetable-based substance. And since most of Cadbury's customers are not Muslims or Jews, you can't really blame them for using the first one.
It's not just Cadbury mousse that is haram, all mousses and chocolate yoghurts are, except ones that are specifically halal.

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Buy your chocolates from New Zealand, Cadbury use HALAL Geletin in nearly ALL of their chocolates here :) From Chocolate fish to Perky Nana ;) :)
There is no problem with Cadbury chocolate here either, it's just that the thread title is a bit dramatic. Mousses are the problem.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.