/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Haqiqa

fahmeena
01-28-2009, 03:35 PM
:sl:

I have been doing some research on Haqiqa and all the rules that apply to it. I understand that its a Sunnah to perform Haqiqa for a new born on the seventh day by shaving the baby's head, sacrifizing a goat, paying the weight of the hair in silver and so on.

What i dont understand is why we have to sacrifize two goats for a boy and one for a girl. That seems a little biased for me. I just wanted to clarify and make sure that culture did not mix in with Sunnah somewhere along the years. Can someone help me gather some information on why its two goats for a boy and one for a girl?

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
:wasalamex

Sis you mean Aqeeqah?

No idea @ ur ques though

WassalamuAlaykum

fahmeena
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
:)

lol yeah thats what i meant. Iv seen so many ways to spell it.

syilla
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure for other madhab... but what i've learned was one goat or 2 parts of cow for boy and 1 part of cow for girl.

Why do u think is biased?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
roohani.doctor
01-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Probably cuz the boy gets the bigger (more?) sacrifice. I dont understand that either. Why does the girl get only one while the guy gets two?

Also, I was wondering about this ayat I recently came across: [016:072] "And ALLAH has made for you mates from among yourselves, and has made for you, from your mates, sons and grandsons, and has provided you with good things. Will they then believe in that which perishes and deny the favour of ALLAH ?"

Is a daughters value less than that of a son? I know that isnt really true but I've heard so many times that a daughter is a burden to her family and she is a guest and stuff like that so yea.

Another thing, my friends and I were discussing yesterday about the equity of men and women is Islam. Men and women are equal in Islam, right? But they are also different in their own ways i.e. men are generally stronger physically whereas women are on avg. stonger emotionally. So there is a balance between both genders. True?

syilla
02-10-2009, 02:47 AM
lol...y u have to think that way.

Just think like this, "you have to spend more on food for the boys".

hmm....

north_malaysian
02-10-2009, 03:46 AM
Hello...

1) If we guys want to marry a girl, we have to pay the mahr... in Malaysia we have to pay for the bride's feast expenditures (which is in tens of thousands)

2) If we guys have wives... we must provide them everything .. money, clothes, food, shelter, protection etc.

3) If we guys have kids ... we must provide the kids with money, clothes, food, education, shelter, protection, toys etc.

4) If we guys divorced our wives... we must provide her shelter, some properties, child's custody

5) If we guys have a mother and lots of sisters as the father is dead, we must provide them protection, money, food etc ... we are also responsible for our sisters' deeds as long as they're not married...

so sisters... we need more portion to do all these tasks.. it's not easy to be a guy.

MT2
02-10-2009, 04:33 AM

Prophet Muhammad (saw) used to sacrifice 2 goats for males and one females- so it's Sunnah. I've also been told that if a person can not afford two goats for a son, then one would suffice- though it is preferable to sacrifice two. I'll try to look it up insha'Allah

MT2
02-10-2009, 04:41 AM
It is mentioned in Tarmizi that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم says that two sacrifices should be from the male and one sacrifice of goat or sheep from the female. [10 - 11]

The reason behind this is to oppose the Jews because they sacrifice only one animal for the male and none for the girls. [12]

But one should remember that if one can not sacrifice two animals then one is enough. [13 - 14]

http://www.***************/forum/arc...p?t-16654.html

Gia
02-10-2009, 05:54 AM

I've been wondering about this too. It's for a baby, what does it have to do with guys paying a lot of money when they get older? His father is the one sacrificing this not him :hmm:

format_quote Originally Posted by fahmeena
I have been doing some research on Haqiqa
Haqiqa in Arabic means "truth", Aqiqa is the what a father sacrifices for his son/daughter

format_quote Originally Posted by londonfog
Is a daughters value less than that of a son? I know that isnt really true but I've heard so many times that a daughter is a burden to her family and she is a guest and stuff like that so yea.
Definitely not, sister. A daughter's value is never less than a son and the daughter is surely not a burden nor a guest, she's one's flesh and blood, how could she be loved less just for being a girl?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!