/* */

PDA

View Full Version : if the biggest fitna for men is women...

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2009, 08:49 PM
as stated clearly in ahadeeth,

then what is the biggest fitnah for women? men? I THINK NOT !

Assalamu Alaikum

“I am not leaving behind me any fitnah that is more harmful to men than women "
Narrated by al-Bukhaari

“This world is fresh and sweet, and Allaah has appointed you over it, so see how you will do. Fear this world and fear women, for the first fitnah faced by the Children of Israel had to do with women.” Narrated by Muslim

‘If one of you were to be struck in the head with an iron needle, it would be better for him than if he were to touch a woman he is not allowed to.” (Reported by al-Tabaraani; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5045)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
01-29-2009, 08:51 PM
is that an actual question?

AssalamuAlaykum

S_87
01-29-2009, 08:52 PM
then what is the biggest fitnah for women? men? I THINK NOT
could u clarify what you mean here :-[

Musaafirah
01-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Umm. What are you on?
What do you mean I think not? You're saying men are completely harmless?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2009, 08:53 PM
is that an actual question?

AssalamuAlaykum
better believe it

could u clarify what you mean here
is the fitnah mutual?

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2009, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Umm. What are you on?
What do you mean I think not? You're saying men are completely harmless?
no sis not completely harmless

just im wondering if the biggest fitnah for women is men or not.

thats it.

thats really it.

no really theres no more to it.

please stop looking into this.

Musaafirah
01-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh. I thought you were implying that.
Right. Do you have the answer then or are ye gathering evidences and opinions?

Re.TiReD
01-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Hmm

Women = Fitnah for men

Women also = extremely sensitive creatures

Man = Kinda tough I guess when it comes to emotions and stuff

So although Women are fitnah for men arent men more of a fitnah for women considering their (womens) hearts are softer and they might be affected more?

Although of course I guess her gaze is less likely to fall on an ajnabee man as much as his gaze will fall on an ajnabiyyah

Blah :)

S_87
01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
oh in that case i htink men are fitnah for women but women can handle and control their desires better.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh. I thought you were implying that.
Right. Do you have the answer then or are ye gathering evidences and opinions?
i thot the answer is best received from the source - ie you sisters

So although Women are fitnah for men arent men more of a fitnah for women considering their (womens) hearts are softer and they might be affected more?

Although of course I guess her gaze is less likely to fall on an ajnabee man as much as his gaze will fall on an ajnabiyyah

Blah
the softest heart i ever knew was of a man, our nabi sallallahi alaihi wasallaam

guess so too... it works both ways init?
stay tuned! we're about to find out !

Re.TiReD
01-29-2009, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
oh in that case i htink men are fitnah for women but women can handle and control their desires better.
Manu :statisfie :D :p

Re.TiReD
01-29-2009, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman

stay tuned! we're about to find out !
I dont see the point, *scratches head* the hadeeth is clear... but if nothing has been said about men being the biggest fitnah for women then why try to get an opinion on it. Nothing has been said. Khallas.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2009, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
I dont see the point, *scratches head* the hadeeth is clear... but if nothing has been said about men being the biggest fitnah for women then why try to get an opinion on it. Nothing has been said. Khallas.
oh theres a point trust me

a huge point

but looks like, by the replies, us men truelly are harmless.

mashAllah mashAllaah

thread closed n all that i guess

Assalamu Alaikum

Olive
01-29-2009, 09:03 PM
So what is the BIGGEST fitnah then?

Musaafirah
Personal opinion. Yeah maybe I would consider a dude as the greatest fitnah, trust so many girls I know seem to be dating or what not and they're all muslim! It's like this thing, when my mates and that turned 13/14 BOOM! Guys galore. Annoyingly they seemed to have given into temptation...

IbnAbdulHakim
Personal opinion. Yeah maybe I would consider a dude as the greatest fitnah, trust so many girls I know seem to be dating or what not and they're all muslim! It's like this thing, when my mates and that turned 13/14 BOOM! Guys galore. Annoyingly they seemed to have given into temptation...
jazakIllah khair

honest answers like that are appreciated

and YES a rep shall indeed be given

Re.TiReD
01-29-2009, 09:04 PM

but looks like, by the replies, us men truelly are harmless.

Assalamu Alaikum
Only 2 of u posting in the thread.

Güven
01-29-2009, 09:05 PM
WAIT .......so the biggest fitnah of men is women and the biggest fitnah of women is...*Cough*

ok the thread can be closed lol

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2009, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
Only 2 of u posting in the thread.
ok the reason i asked is

i wondered if materialism is a bigger fitnah for the women or not.

or perhaps smoething else im missing?

thats all

Assalamu Alaikum

Ali.
01-29-2009, 09:06 PM
ok the reason i asked is

or perhaps smoething else im missing?

thats all

Assalamu Alaikum
So don't close the thread after 15-20min's! Leave it open for a bit, may get some interesting answers.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
^ inshallah

Re.TiReD
ok the reason i asked is

It's men.

Material cr*p is just that, cr*p

AssalamuAlaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
my intention was not to gross you out

it was to understand this world and the creation better.

Olive
01-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Told you it worked both ways. :p

Musaafirah
01-29-2009, 09:27 PM
LOL at givin me a rep. Why don't you wait for answers from other sisters to see the general problem. I'm not saying all sisters have the same problem with dudes nor that they are constantly fixated, but it can be a problem.
(I wrote this time ago, internet keeps playin up today!)

The Ruler
01-29-2009, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I always thought the biggest problem women were likely to be faced with was envy/malice/jealousy.
I'm not opposing you, but just curious... Can feelings be fitnah in themselves? Isn't it rather the object that incur these feelings?

*Yasmin*
01-29-2009, 09:42 PM
i think fitna of women more than fitna of men
the reason why i'm thinking that way is simple ... >>cause one woman could easily do fitna to 100 men , but one man hardly can do fitna for few women
:rollseyes

The Ruler
01-29-2009, 09:47 PM
What I mentioned aren't actual objects of fitnah, just types of fitnah. I guess. Fitnah = test, doesn't it? If I'm not mistaken?
I always thought fitnah = something that causes the Imaan to shiver.

i think fitna of women more than fitna of men
the reason why i'm thinking that way is simple ... >>cause one woman could easily do fitna to 100 men , but one man hardly can do fitna for few women
Elaborate?

Danah
01-29-2009, 09:50 PM

I was just about saying that
the biggest fitnah for women is materialism...

and the biggest fitnah for men is women....
well, to me I think women are better in handle their desires than men....so men cant be a fitnah for them

The Ruler
01-29-2009, 09:53 PM
^Isn't materialism something women desire too?

Danah
01-29-2009, 09:55 PM
^I meant their desires toward men

BlissfullyJaded
01-29-2009, 09:55 PM
:sl:

Fitnah does literally mean test/trial.

I don't think men are really the biggest fitnah for women. They are a great fitnah at times, but it is something we can control easier, and it depends on the girl and the dude who comes her way. I don't really think girls can be bothered to notice just any good looking guy that she just randomly sees, unless they happen to be in close proximity for a while and she warms up to him.

Danah
01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
^ u said it better than me sis :)

The Ruler
01-29-2009, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
^I meant their desires toward men
Sokka, wakarimasu.

I don't really think girls can be bothered to notice just any good looking guy that she just randomly sees, unless they happen to be in close proximity for a while and she warms up to him.
Agreed. Women have that element of gracefulness and beauty *cough*nee-san*cough* which a man notices from miles away. Whereas a man lacks both of those qualities. Hmm. So yeah.

IMO, for an unmarried woman/girl, society in itself is a great trial/test.

Ar-RaYYan
01-29-2009, 10:02 PM
I always thought the biggest problem women were likely to be faced with was envy/malice/jealousy.
and backbitting and materialism

i think men are a great fitnah to women but those things above are greater

Ansariyah
01-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Truth is Women are no different from men. They both are human..No one is perfect. That's why there is Islam, teaching us to stay chaste.

*Yasmin*
01-29-2009, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Elaborate?
what to elaborate?

The Ruler
01-29-2009, 10:42 PM
The biggest fitnah could also be chocolate. :hmm:
Or a cinnamon twirl/butter croissant/pan au chocolat etc. :exhausted

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2009, 10:43 PM
The biggest fitnah could also be chocolate. :hmm:
only if its haram :p

Or a cinnamon twirl/butter croissant/pan au chocolat etc.
only if its haram :p

'Abd al-Baari
01-29-2009, 10:49 PM

Ungratefulness in my opinion is a big fitnah amongst women.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.” They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).” It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allaah?” He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’” [Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1052]

Allah knows best.

:w:

Faith.
01-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Hmm I agree I think most women can be really ungrateful at times without realising it
and I think another thing is no matter how much a woman has got (ie:Materistic things) she'll always want more
:w:

Intisar
01-29-2009, 11:25 PM
no sis not completely harmless

just im wondering if the biggest fitnah for women is men or not.

thats it.

thats really it.

no really theres no more to it.

please stop looking into this.
:sl: Personally I think it may be mutual, but it's easier for women to hide their feelings and pretend like men don't matter to them and that they're not a fitnah. Men are more open to it and are not afraid to say that they want to get married to reduce the fitnah. Women are more concerned with what other people will think of them (ie. she's desperate, immature, lonely etc.) rather than whether she actually wants to married to reduce it as well.

If you look at certain cultures, women are always considered to be ''shaming'' their family or what not if they actually are open with their feelings and whether they want to choose their own husband. Unfortunately this cultural practice is often confused with the deen (honour killings).

So basically women are more concerned about their self-image, but the feeling is definitely mutual.

Umar001
01-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

From the days of before Islam I always found that girls never understood the feeling boys have towards girls.

And similarly boys do not understand certain aspects of girls.

Some may get offended at the concept that women are fitnah for men. But it is pretty obvious, not that it escuses bad behaviour, of course it doesn't, it's not a ticket for a man to sleep around and say 'They are our biggest fitnah'.

But it amazes me how some men can be so inconsiderate to their brothers, encouraging their wives to wear make up outside and showing their bodies, as if they do not know, from experience, that the biggest fitnah for men is women. :exhausted

Sidenote: I do not say that this means that women are never attracted to men, I think they can be, but I don't think it is anywhere near the same as the opposite.

May Allah restore the sense of protectiveness in the hearts of men, and make them men again.

Br.al-Habeshi

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2009, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

From the days of before Islam I always found that girls never understood the feeling boys have towards girls.
how true that is bro...

And similarly boys do not understand certain aspects of girls.
lol touche

May Allah restore the sense of protectiveness in the hearts of men, and make them men again.

Br.al-Habeshi

Ameen

wa alaikum ussalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

maryam87
01-30-2009, 12:34 AM
Nice thread

In MHO i dont believe men are the greatest fitnah for girls. For some maybe but in general the biggest fitnah for us is our tongue. Being females we like to gossip too much. We need to learn how to keep our mouths zipped at times LOL

_PakistaN_
01-31-2009, 10:11 AM
I like women. But it's not like i'm dying after them or anything. To me, it doesn't really matter, i'm not into girls too much.

Faseeha
01-31-2009, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam87
Nice thread

In MHO i dont believe men are the greatest fitnah for girls. For some maybe but in general the biggest fitnah for us is our tongue. Being females we like to gossip too much. We need to learn how to keep our mouths zipped at times LOL
I've heard just as many men gossiping as women. I think gossiping and materialism is just as commonly found in men as it is in women. The chances are that men are women's biggest Fitnah, its just that alot of women wouldn't admit to that.

sur
02-01-2009, 03:15 AM
.......................taking my words back...................

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.