/* */

PDA

View Full Version : asalamalakum brothers/sisters

Kasun
01-30-2009, 04:11 AM
I am a buddhist by birth but as of now I am embracing Islam.I do have a qur'an but also other texts to read just as an introduction to understanding the qur'an.I will start reading the Quran in a few days, but I have a question regarding making Wudhu. As a non muslim, am I not to recite the prayers after making Wudhu? Your replies will be much appreciated. thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
julie sarri
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
You have to make wuduh first before offering your prayer's and before reading the quran becouse you have to be in a state of purity

halloula
01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
yeah you have to make whudhu before praying and before reading quran and if you a man you have to make circumsission to embrace islam properly

AnonymousPoster
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by halloula
yeah you have to make whudhu before praying and before reading quran and if you a man you have to make circumsission to embrace islam properly
No you dont need wudu (ablution)...IF you're reading a translation, hope that helps!

&

Praise be to Allaah.
If circumcision after converting is too difficult, because of his age, then it is OK if he does not get circumcised. Circumcision should not be insisted on, lest it turns him away from Islam.

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/115)

All the best! =D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.