/* */

PDA

View Full Version : in praise of mile end road...

Dawud_uk
01-31-2009, 04:41 AM
:sl:

i am someone who hates london, always have done. even back years ago when i was non muslim i still hated london because everyone was just chasing money and not bothered about others.

i can honestly say i hate london for the sake of Allah, i have bara for it and its culture of money and selfishness.

But...

yesterday i needed to go mile end road to meet someone, they didnt show (which was unfortunate as i had come from leicester) but alhamdulillah the area seemed really nice.

The youngsters especially seemed practicing, brothers giving salaams (a novelty in many parts of london i have travelled in), smiling and being friendly and helpful and from what i saw both the young brothers and sisters modest, not grouping together and chatting as was end of school time as i see in leicester and elsewhere.

obviously every area will have its problems, but i liked the area immediately and i am not usually a city person having been brought up in a village so that is saying something for me.

Jazakallah khairan for anyone from the area who made my short visit a pleasant one and whatever it is good you are doing there keep it up!

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
01-31-2009, 04:55 AM
Its lovely to read this. May Allah S.W.T give them baraka in their good deeds, Inshallah.

I personally know such experiences and they suddenly bring you into light from darkness and you start hoping for good.

Yanal
01-31-2009, 06:13 AM
Here's my own saying. If you move for deen then deen will move towards you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.