/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Tough Question to Answer for Muslims

cannafield
01-31-2009, 08:47 AM
What would happen if Mecca and Medina were nuked? I'm not talking just a damaging nuke, something that would kill people. Instead, something that would turn Mecca and Medina into craters annihilating all traces of human existence there. Believe me, that is scientifically and politically possible this day in age. It's quiet a likely possibility, assuming the fanaticism grows and if Israel ever gets nuked. But, technicalities aside, I want all Muslims to ask yourself this question, "What would happen is Mecca and Medina ceased to exist?" I'm not posting this question to stir up trouble, I could care less about what religion you are. But, realistically, it seems a lot more probable that a move like that would end Jihad. That, or else it would inflame the whole Muslim world to Jihad.

It would do one or the other, annihilate Islam or make it grow stronger through Jihad. My personal opinion is about 50/50 for both. I'd like to know what you all think. I doubt it would ever happen, no one has the back bone except maybe Israel to do something like that... seeing as Al-Aqsa is in Jerusalem, and what are Muslims going to do, nuke the third holiest site in Islam after the other two are gone? I hope it never comes to this, but it could.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
01-31-2009, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cannafield
What would happen if Mecca and Medina were nuked? I'm not talking just a damaging nuke, something that would kill people. Instead, something that would turn Mecca and Medina into craters annihilating all traces of human existence there. Believe me, that is scientifically and politically possible this day in age. It's quiet a likely possibility, assuming the fanaticism grows and if Israel ever gets nuked. But, technicalities aside, I want all Muslims to ask yourself this question, "What would happen is Mecca and Medina ceased to exist?" I'm not posting this question to stir up trouble, I could care less about what religion you are. But, realistically, it seems a lot more probable that a move like that would end Jihad. That, or else it would inflame the whole Muslim world to Jihad.

It would do one or the other, annihilate Islam or make it grow stronger through Jihad. My personal opinion is about 50/50 for both. I'd like to know what you all think. I doubt it would ever happen, no one has the back bone except maybe Israel to do something like that... seeing as Al-Aqsa is in Jerusalem, and what are Muslims going to do, nuke the third holiest site in Islam after the other two are gone? I hope it never comes to this, but it could.
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

1. This is the wrong section, as you are not comparing religions.

2. Maybe you should invest your time on better things than wondering about if this happend about this then what would they do about that. Unless of course you plan on nuking the places you mentioned?

3. Islam is a complete way of life, and deriving rulings and extracting information from the sources of Islam is not always something a person who has not studied can do, so may be this isn't the best place to ask about it, for you will only get opinions of lay people, generally speaking.

Br.al-Habeshi

Dawud_uk
01-31-2009, 10:43 AM
its been tried before... well sort of.

in the time just before the prophet muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) the ethiopians sent a huge army including war elephants to sack and destroy mekkah, they actually wanted to destroy the kabba as they had built a simular place of pilgrimage and wanted no challengers to this money spinner.

the result of this outrage?

you can read about it in the Quran, chapter 105

Seest thou not how thy Lord dealt with the Companions of the Elephant?
Did He not make their treacherous plan go astray?
And He sent against them Flights of Birds,
Striking them with stones of baked clay.
Then did He make them like an empty field of stalks and straw, (of which the corn) has been eaten up.

admittedly not the best plain english translation but i am sure you get the idea, that God took a hand and by a miracle the kabba was protected.

S_87
01-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Allah is The Protector, its not a tough question, let anyone try...but they will never suceed against the plan of Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m102313
01-31-2009, 11:15 AM
To me you sound really ignorant. And maybe you can go research on the word Jihad, that'll keep you busy.

crayon
01-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Islam does not depend on Makkah or Madinah. Yes, they are two important and blessed places in our religion, but as long as we have the Quran, Islam will remain, whether people like it or not.

And FYI, the Kaabah will be destroyed in the future, by an Abyssinian leader. It is a sign of the day of judgment.

Eric H
01-31-2009, 02:11 PM
Greetings and peace be with you cannafield; welcome to the forum, if you stay, you may be pleasantly surprised by the kind people here. Can I respectfully ask that you search for topics that promote, justice, peace, tolerance and understanding.

But just a thought on your question, if any country nukes another, then surely there will be repercussions. If someone decides to nuke Disneyland Florida, there will be angry people demanding payback

I have to agree with crayon, the survival of religion is not so much dependant on man’s actions, rather it is dependant on the will of God.

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace on Earth

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.