/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sayyed Qutb

Ummu Sufyaan
01-31-2009, 09:29 AM
:sl:
who is he exactly? ive heard mixed things about him. but what is his significance exactly, and do the ulamaa (eg Shiekhs Uthaymeen, Ibn baz, rahimahumullah) say about him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
01-31-2009, 01:20 PM
u can read arabic...I found arabic sources
check this:
http://aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/2B28A...A7AB0BA87C.htm

and here is what Ibn Authaimen said about him in an interview...."look at the first post"
http://tomaar.net/vb/showthread.php?p=2846505

same here.....the first post
http://montada.echoroukonline.com/sh...ad.php?t=11846

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-31-2009, 02:10 PM

I personally haven't read much about Qutb or his works and have seen much dispute regarding him. The most balanced fatwa about him I came across was by Shaykh Ibn Jibreen which you can read here:

http://islamicawakening.com/viewarti...p?articleID=23

'Abd al-Baari
01-31-2009, 02:12 PM

jazaakAllah khayr akhee^

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
02-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Barakallahu feekum...

Ummu Sufyaan
03-05-2009, 08:50 AM
and also, who is jalal ud-deen al-Rumi :?

doorster
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
and also, who is jalal ud-deen al-Rumi :?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=who...d-deen+al-Rumi

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2009, 05:45 AM
who is Shaykh `Abdul Fattah Abu Ghudda? i've also heard mixed things about him and im a little confused :?

AabiruSabeel
10-21-2009, 06:27 AM
:wa:

Shaikh AbdulFattah Abu Ghuddah:
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951

Official site:
http://www.aboghodda.com/Biography-Eng.htm

Ali_slave of Allah
10-22-2009, 04:01 AM
Sheikh Rabee' ibn Haadi Al Madkhali wrote about 5 books refuting sayyid qutub

also Sheikh Abdullah ad Duwaish wrote a book refuting him.

and Sheikh ibn uthaymeen refered to those books.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYjwZJYQyzE

so Syed Qutub May Allah have mercy on him and forgive his sins... made major major errors...

and also Sheikh Saalih Al Fowzaan said Sayyid Qutub is a jaahil he had no knowledge"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62zICtVKhjY

جوري
10-22-2009, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik

I personally haven't read much about Qutb or his works and have seen much dispute regarding him. The most balanced fatwa about him I came across was by Shaykh Ibn Jibreen which you can read here:

http://islamicawakening.com/viewarti...p?articleID=23
I can't open this link.. pls find it for me?

Allah a3lam, but it is a known fact that when he was imprisoned by 'Abd naser' awaiting sentencing, he was fasting in his cell, he fell asleep and had a dream about the prophet SAW, telling him that they'd break their fast together insha'Allah, and they did in fact execute him while he was fasting.

No one really knows the ranks people have with Allah swt, but if I had to die now, I'd rather the death on the state of sayed qutb than abd'naser .. who did this to your brothers along with sayd qutb:

Media Tags are no longer supported

Abu Rago
10-27-2009, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_slave of Allah

and Sheikh ibn uthaymeen refered to those books.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYjwZJYQyzE

so Syed Qutub May Allah have mercy on him and forgive his sins... made major major errors...

and also Sheikh Saalih Al Fowzaan said Sayyid Qutub is a jaahil he had no knowledge"

Bakr Abu Zayd Rahimullah and Ibn Jibreen Rahimullah refuted Madkhali and Sheikh Fawzan regarding Sayyid Qutb here

Sampharo
10-27-2009, 12:48 AM
^ They did not refute him, they just said they didn't believe that even from someone who has gone so astray that we do not consider whatever is good in his books, and that we should accept his correct and beneficial writings and ignore and drop whatever is faulty. The defence was not undue, especially considering the fact that Sayyed Qutb was the loudest voice against the impending catastrophy of communism that Jamal Abdul-Naser was leading, where the Islamic heritage of Egypt was being wiped clean and the damage of which is still present till today.

Overall Sayed Qutb has written a few books with good material, made a few mistakes that he corrected. However his direction was extreme and despite the benefits that can be found in some of his writings, he had severe Aqeeda issues and called for forbidden war against other muslims and other acts of khawarej. The fact that some scholars appreciate whatever he said that was a voice against tyranny and extreme secularism, does not mean he is a balanced scholar from which we take everything he wrote.

convert
10-27-2009, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_slave of Allah

ahh yes, the infamous rabi madkhali. the man who praised hosni mubarak as a great leader of the ummah.

dont take these clowns seriously.

the same people who this fellow claims hated syed qutb defended his works (albani praising dhilaal al quran) and stepped in to try to stop his martyrdom (bin baaz).

this is how it starts with the madkhali cult: what is you stance on syed qutb ... yadda yadda yadda ... YOURE OFF DA MANHAJ, NO SALAAMS FOR YOU!

syed qutb (rahimahullah) was a shaheed inshaAllah and the benefits in his works far outweight any shortcomings (real or imagined).

Mp3 lecture on the life of Syed Qutb (rahimahullah)

Sampharo
10-27-2009, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
ahh yes, the infamous rabi madkhali. the man who praised hosni mubarak as a great leader of the ummah.

dont take these clowns seriously.

the same people who this fellow claims hated syed qutb defended his works (albani praising dhilaal al quran) and stepped in to try to stop his martyrdom (bin baaz).

this is how it starts with the madkhali cult: what is you stance on syed qutb ... yadda yadda yadda ... YOURE OFF DA MANHAJ, NO SALAAMS FOR YOU!

syed qutb (rahimahullah) was a shaheed inshaAllah and the benefits in his works far outweight any shortcomings (real or imagined).

Mp3 lecture on the life of Syed Qutb (rahimahullah)

Actually, that is what people with severe Aqeeda deficiency or lack of knowledge say. Make up false claims and accusations and insults on great scholars and call proper muslims on the right path as "Madkhali cult" to give themselves the feeling or illusion of righteousness. Moreover, they pass takfir and apostacy on everyone and call for the shedding of muslim blood. Naturally then Qutb is a complete hero to them and has done nothing wrong. When you ask for sources and proofs or evidence, they quote unknowns and rebels, and their evidence is nothing but a string of illogical deductions to subvert clear textual evidence that what they are saying is forbidden and against the Aqeedah of the companions and the Salaf and all the great scholars of Islam.

They will say that rebellion against rulers is acceptable, and start off using a verse in Quran that was about jews, and using the description of "kafiroon" to remake it into the ruling of the action, then slap it onto the rulers and then say "they were muslims, so now they are apostates, and they should be killed", all the while flat out ignoring the prophet's strict prohibition of doing that and specifically saying that there will be bad rulers not applying Shariah but we still cannot fight them otherwise we forbidden blood will be shed. They will also say suicide bombs in civilian areas are acceptable because the aim is to attack "agents", and a suicide bomber pushing his own button is a martyr. They will say it's ok to kill civilian muslims, either because they were supposed to be fighting with the "mujahideen" otherwise protecting apostate rulers and then apostates themselves, or just acceptable casualty.

Jihad is their coat of arms and it has nothing to do with them, their guns and bombs are aimed at their own communities and never at the real enemy outside (except in verbal ranty lectures of course where they bash America and England and all that, yet strangely enough always seem to find someone back home to start blaming and fixate on and criticise and make as a target for the hate).

Strangely enough, they contradict themselves usually by accusing the regular muslims and great scholars of passing takfir, when people can clearly see that scholars will never do so, but have to pronounce the acts of kufr to clarify. Yet they themselves are the ones passing takfir and apostacy on muslims and rulers, and further more making declarations that specific people are to be killed "their blood is halal", and are the ones who would not make Salam on what their likes consider to be non-muslim.

No place or time to waste going over the refutations of all that, yet warning against these polymecs is a duty on every muslim who knows, and I will continue to do mine:

A- Waging war against civilians, muslim or non-muslims, is strictly forbidden and there is no martyrdom in blowing yourself up amongst unarmed people.

B- Rebellion against rulers no matter how corrupt, is strictly forbidden by more than a dozen hadiths. Some of which:
Hudhaifa bin al-Yaman narrated a hadith in which he said, “The Prophet (saws) said, ‘there will be after me leaders who do not follow my guidance and do not follow my sunna, and there will be among them men whose hearts are like those of satan in the body of a human being.’ And I asked the Prophet (saws), ‘What I should do at that time if I reach it?’ He said, ‘listen and obey the ruler, even if he lashed your back and took your money, listen and obey.’" [Sahih Muslim]

In another narration, Auf bin Malik said, “O Prophet of Allah, do you recommend that we fight them?” He said, “No, don’t fight them as long as they do not prevent you from your prayers. And if you see from them something that you dislike, dislike their acts, do not dislike them. And do not take your hand out from obedience to them.” [Sahih Muslim] it has other narrations:
1) “There will be upon you leaders who you will recognize and disapprove of; whoever rejects them is free, whoever hates them is safe as opposed to those who are pleased and obey them”, they said, “should we not fight them”. He said, “No, as long as they hold the prayer, as long as they do hold the prayer!”

2)”The best of your leaders are those you love and they love you, you pray for them and they pray for you. The worst of your leaders are those who anger you and you anger them and you curse them and they curse you. He said we replied, “O Messenger of Allah, should we not remove them at that?” He r said, “No, as long as they establish the prayer amongst you.”
From Abdullah ibn al-Abbas, “if someone dislikes his ruler, he must be patient, because if he comes against the ruler in a rebellious or destructive manner by only a handspan and dies, he dies in a state of pre-Islamic ignorance (jahiliyyah) and sin.” [Bukhari and Muslim]
C- The blood of muslims is haraam and cannot be shed except in the Shariah dictated instances and ONLY by the authorized magistrate after proving evidence and making sure conditions are upheld and excuses do not apply. Apostacy can NEVER be declared simply by not abiding by Shariah, for it is by textual evidence only a sin, and even apostacy at heart (lack of belief) cannot be punishable by war and does not absolve the person of the sanctity of his blood. Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal was asked about what is being said about Quran being created, and said it is kufr, they asked whether they should fight the ruler since he is declaring that and is corrupt and torturing people just for not agreeing to that, and he insisted that it is completely impermissible.

To take fighting the ruler further and declare war on all muslims living in a country and considering their blood to be permissible to be shed in the quest to overthrow the ruler, is the heart of the act of Khawarej.

Be warned and aware of who you listen to in order to guard your faith from one of the worst corruptions you can face. Khawarij were warned against by the prophet -pbuh-: "One who defected from obedience (to the ruler) and separated from the main body of the Muslims-if he died in that state-would die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahiliyya (i. e. would not die as a Muslim). One who fights under the banner of a people who are blind (to the cause for which they are fighting. i. e. do not know whether their cause is just or otherwise), who gets flared up with family pride, calls to fight for their family honour, and supports his kin (his family or tribe) -if he is killed, he dies as one belonging to the days of Jhiliyya. Who so ever attacks my Umma (indiscriminately) killing the righteous and the wicked of them, sparing not those staunch in faith and fulfilling not his promise made with those who have been given a pledge of security-he has nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with him.” (Sahih Muslim).

والله المستعان

convert
10-27-2009, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
Actually, that is what people with severe Aqeeda deficiency or lack of knowledge say. Make up false claims and accusations and insults on great scholars and call proper muslims on the right path as "Madkhali cult" to give themselves the feeling or illusion of righteousness. Moreover, they pass takfir and apostacy on everyone and call for the shedding of muslim blood. Naturally then Qutb is a complete hero to them and has done nothing wrong. When you ask for sources and proofs or evidence, they quote unknowns and rebels, and their evidence is nothing but a string of illogical deductions to subvert clear textual evidence that what they are saying is forbidden and against the Aqeedah of the companions and the Salaf and all the great scholars of Islam.

They will say that rebellion against rulers is acceptable, and start off using a verse in Quran that was about jews, and using the description of "kafiroon" to remake it into the ruling of the action, then slap it onto the rulers and then say "they were muslims, so now they are apostates, and they should be killed", all the while flat out ignoring the prophet's strict prohibition of doing that and specifically saying that there will be bad rulers not applying Shariah but we still cannot fight them otherwise we forbidden blood will be shed. They will also say suicide bombs in civilian areas are acceptable because the aim is to attack "agents", and a suicide bomber pushing his own button is a martyr. They will say it's ok to kill civilian muslims, either because they were supposed to be fighting with the "mujahideen" otherwise protecting apostate rulers and then apostates themselves, or just acceptable casualty.

Jihad is their coat of arms and it has nothing to do with them, their guns and bombs are aimed at their own communities and never at the real enemy outside (except in verbal ranty lectures of course where they bash America and England and all that, yet strangely enough always seem to find someone back home to start blaming and fixate on and criticise and make as a target for the hate).

Strangely enough, they contradict themselves usually by accusing the regular muslims and great scholars of passing takfir, when people can clearly see that scholars will never do so, but have to pronounce the acts of kufr to clarify. Yet they themselves are the ones passing takfir and apostacy on muslims and rulers, and further more making declarations that specific people are to be killed "their blood is halal", and are the ones who would not make Salam on what their likes consider to be non-muslim.

No place or time to waste going over the refutations of all that, yet warning against these polymecs is a duty on every muslim who knows, and I will continue to do mine:

A- Waging war against civilians, muslim or non-muslims, is strictly forbidden and there is no martyrdom in blowing yourself up amongst unarmed people.

B- Rebellion against rulers no matter how corrupt, is strictly forbidden by more than a dozen hadiths. Some of which:
Hudhaifa bin al-Yaman narrated a hadith in which he said, “The Prophet (saws) said, ‘there will be after me leaders who do not follow my guidance and do not follow my sunna, and there will be among them men whose hearts are like those of satan in the body of a human being.’ And I asked the Prophet (saws), ‘What I should do at that time if I reach it?’ He said, ‘listen and obey the ruler, even if he lashed your back and took your money, listen and obey.’" [Sahih Muslim]

In another narration, Auf bin Malik said, “O Prophet of Allah, do you recommend that we fight them?” He said, “No, don’t fight them as long as they do not prevent you from your prayers. And if you see from them something that you dislike, dislike their acts, do not dislike them. And do not take your hand out from obedience to them.” [Sahih Muslim] it has other narrations:
1) “There will be upon you leaders who you will recognize and disapprove of; whoever rejects them is free, whoever hates them is safe as opposed to those who are pleased and obey them”, they said, “should we not fight them”. He said, “No, as long as they hold the prayer, as long as they do hold the prayer!”

2)”The best of your leaders are those you love and they love you, you pray for them and they pray for you. The worst of your leaders are those who anger you and you anger them and you curse them and they curse you. He said we replied, “O Messenger of Allah, should we not remove them at that?” He r said, “No, as long as they establish the prayer amongst you.”
From Abdullah ibn al-Abbas, “if someone dislikes his ruler, he must be patient, because if he comes against the ruler in a rebellious or destructive manner by only a handspan and dies, he dies in a state of pre-Islamic ignorance (jahiliyyah) and sin.” [Bukhari and Muslim]
C- The blood of muslims is haraam and cannot be shed except in the Shariah dictated instances and ONLY by the authorized magistrate after proving evidence and making sure conditions are upheld and excuses do not apply. Apostacy can NEVER be declared simply by not abiding by Shariah, for it is by textual evidence only a sin, and even apostacy at heart (lack of belief) cannot be punishable by war and does not absolve the person of the sanctity of his blood. Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal was asked about what is being said about Quran being created, and said it is kufr, they asked whether they should fight the ruler since he is declaring that and is corrupt and torturing people just for not agreeing to that, and he insisted that it is completely impermissible.

To take fighting the ruler further and declare war on all muslims living in a country and considering their blood to be permissible to be shed in the quest to overthrow the ruler, is the heart of the act of Khawarej.

Be warned and aware of who you listen to in order to guard your faith from one of the worst corruptions you can face. Khawarij were warned against by the prophet -pbuh-: "One who defected from obedience (to the ruler) and separated from the main body of the Muslims-if he died in that state-would die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahiliyya (i. e. would not die as a Muslim). One who fights under the banner of a people who are blind (to the cause for which they are fighting. i. e. do not know whether their cause is just or otherwise), who gets flared up with family pride, calls to fight for their family honour, and supports his kin (his family or tribe) -if he is killed, he dies as one belonging to the days of Jhiliyya. Who so ever attacks my Umma (indiscriminately) killing the righteous and the wicked of them, sparing not those staunch in faith and fulfilling not his promise made with those who have been given a pledge of security-he has nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with him.” (Sahih Muslim).

والله المستعان
i take it you've never come across those madkhali cultists then? that or you are one. i see you are quick to label people as khawaarij...

Sampharo
10-27-2009, 01:08 PM
i take it you've never come across those madkhali cultists then? that or you are one. i see you are quick to label people as khawaarij...
I see you are quicker to label people Madkhali cultist. Everyone knows there is no such cult, it's but an attempt by deviant sects to undermine established mainstream Islamic scholars and overwhelming evidence against them. Anyone can read my post and see I didn't label anyone or call any specific one, but scholars and the prophet -pbuh- named the act and the followers of the act. People can choose for themselves. والله المستعان

Wassalamu Alaikom

brotherubaid
10-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Just one thing

I have never seen any Scholar get More praise from his fellow scholars and even Bigger scholars than him then Sheikh Rabi bin Hadi al Madkhali does.

I do not know of any Scholar of our time like Al albani , Ibn baaz, Ibn Uthaimeen , Al fawzan ,Al luhaidan , and the list can go on and on .. i mean u name it and he has a Praise n tazkiyah for Madkhali may Allah protect him. BOth general Praise and Khaas Praise , like that of Al albani.

Now why do people hate him

Its actualy very natural , i dont blame u guys , Its the love of something taht makes a person blind n deaf. Sheikh rabee Bin hadi al Madkhali is well qualified to refute the mistakes of the people and AlhumdiLILLAH he always does it with Knowledge n evidenc , so when he does refute some one what do u expect the studenst of the person refuted and those who love him will do , offcourse they will talk bad about him n refute him back , but In case of Sheikh Rabee bin hadi al Madkhali , I am with the stance of Al albani , ibn baaz, ibn uthaimeen , fawzan , and even luhaidan and many many many many more.. check som eof the books like " Al thanaa al badee " and the book of isnaads of sheikh Rbee also has quite a few praises mentioned in the beginning.

So u laymen , n u nobodys can say all u want , Wallahi it does not in any way Hurt the Sheikh And like Sheikh luhaidan said "May Be Allah wants to Raise sheikh rabees ranks", And like Al ALbani said , Those who refute him do not do so with knowldge. So no one care what u say , How will what u say or ur sheikh says ever be Compared to what iBN BAzz n Big scholars of our time , both dead and alive say, I mean come on get real there is no comparison who will one listen to , U? Ur Sheikh? Or Ibn baz n albani ? lol get real get alife , do ur research , get ur facts and Fear Allah , its not up to you to talk about a scholar of Sheikh rabee's status , And i say this to the studenst n those who are with Sheikh MaDKHALI THAT they should not speak about those who the sheikh has refuted , they have no right to refute them and talk about them U should just be warned from the person n seek ur knowldge else where.

AssalaM O Alikum

brotherubaid
10-30-2009, 07:23 PM
he brought the evidence, Helllo?? Mean any thing to u??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.