/* */

PDA

View Full Version : unhappy in my job

nadia85
01-31-2009, 04:37 PM
salamz guys hows u all???well I feel I am getting bullyed by my area manger she shouts and embarres me in front of every 1 at work to the point of some time trears I spoke 2 my other manger who said he cant do anything about it help plzzzzzzzzzzzz what can I do ???:raging:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
01-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Where do you work? tell your store manager, they'll have to give her a warning and make her apologise.

where I work its the other way round, lol

Civilsed
01-31-2009, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadia85
salamz guys hows u all???well I feel I am getting bullyed by my area manger she shouts and embarres me in front of every 1 at work to the point of some time trears I spoke 2 my other manger who said he cant do anything about it help plzzzzzzzzzzzz what can I do ???:raging:

:sl:

This constitues as Bullying and Harassment in the work place, and of course you can do something. I would suggest speaking to her manager make it formal and taken a witness if you can. If this results in no action then You can contact Citizens advice, also check out the links below.

As far as i am aware even if you leave (ensure all is documented) you can take it the the tribe union, but insha'Allah it wont come to that.

Remember to make Dua'a and Qiyam Alail (Night Prayer) Allah is the only one to change your situation.

http://www.supportline.org.uk/proble...ng_at_work.php
http://www.tuc.org.uk/tuc/rights_bullyatwork.cfm

nadia85
01-31-2009, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Where do you work? tell your store manager, they'll have to give her a warning and make her apologise.

where I work its the other way round, lol
I dont work In a shope I work In care work

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadia85
01-31-2009, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Civilsed

This constitues as Bullying and Harassment in the work place, and of course you can do something. I would suggest speaking to her manager make it formal and taken a witness if you can. If this results in no action then You can contact Citizens advice, also check out the links below.

As far as i am aware even if you leave (ensure all is documented) you can take it the the tribe union, but insha'Allah it wont come to that.

Remember to make Dua'a and Qiyam Alail (Night Prayer) Allah is the only one to change your situation.

http://www.supportline.org.uk/proble...ng_at_work.php
http://www.tuc.org.uk/tuc/rights_bullyatwork.cfm
thanks for the info

Zahida
01-31-2009, 08:58 PM
:sl: sorry to hear that sis. Your manager is responsible for you but she is also employed by someone else is she not.................

Is she doing this/behaving like this with anyone else????

You must tell the people higher up the people who employ her....... your manager........

Don't let it continue also NEVER leave the job because you are being bullied. Be positive and act on it. May Allah ease your burdens Ameen.:):w::w:

nadia85
01-31-2009, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: sorry to hear that sis. Your manager is responsible for you but she is also employed by someone else is she not.................

Is she doing this/behaving like this with anyone else????

You must tell the people higher up the people who employ her....... your manager........

Don't let it continue also NEVER leave the job because you are being bullied. Be positive and act on it. May Allah ease your burdens Ameen.:):w::w:
she does it 2 a few ,and then theres her daughter and her daughters best frien get away with all sorts

Ummu Sufyaan
02-01-2009, 07:54 AM
just stand up to her? or would you get fired :p...if not, seriously say something. she wont expect it, so it'll shock her. it'll be priceless :p ;D

HelpAbdulHameed
02-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Involve a lawyer. It is called Harassment.

Zahida
02-01-2009, 07:42 PM
sl: Sounds like they keep it in the family!!! But seriously you should not let this continue. This woman is also employed by someone else, just remind her of that!! :w::sunny:
she does it 2 a few ,and then theres her daughter and her daughters best frien get away with all sorts

IbnAbdulHakim
02-01-2009, 11:03 PM
lol be so sweet polite and friendly that it burns her inside to ever be nasty to you again!

aah how sweet that type of revenge can be.

being an angel - nothing can beat it

Dawud_uk
02-02-2009, 05:18 AM
:sl: nadia,

you are a muslimah, your forebares are the women of the muhajiroon and ansar who fought besides their men and chased them back into battle when they attempted to flee so stand up for yourself in this little situation.

how to stand up to her. you can start by next time she shouts then just tell her you dont have to accept being spoke to that way and walk away. this will infuriate and annoy her more than anything else but hopefully by behaving like a grown up other than a little girl like she is she will get the message.

keep up this tactic, if it doesnt work then just complain politely to her superiors but keep walking away. dont take crap from these people, it isnt worth it.

Gia
02-02-2009, 06:03 AM
How about trying to work things out with her? Maybe if you managed to be kind of friends with her then you could solve the problem.

muslimfriends
02-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Nadia
I know you are getting bullied this is against the law. This is sort of haressment from area manager to you.
Talk to your area manager with calim and pesent to see if she is unable to help you take some notes from the meeting or arranged a meeting with her.
if you wanted to take it further Human resources (recrutied team) or manager next line.
Then after that if their not helping you can take them to employment rights trubual (after your greances and meeting).

If this helps let me know.

cheers

nadia85
02-02-2009, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimfriends
Hi Nadia
I know you are getting bullied this is against the law. This is sort of haressment from area manager to you.
Talk to your area manager with calim and pesent to see if she is unable to help you take some notes from the meeting or arranged a meeting with her.
if you wanted to take it further Human resources (recrutied team) or manager next line.
Then after that if their not helping you can take them to employment rights trubual (after your greances and meeting).

If this helps let me know.

cheers
thank you this is helpfull

nadia85
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
salam/hiya well I feel really bad about going 2 work these days for example yesterday I had a problem on my hands so I called her ,well as u now I work as a senior carer In a care home and 1 of our residants had is bowels open in his trouses thats f9 but the problem was we had no gloves to use they have been finished for a few weeks and they havent botherd trying to get any more fast ,so she said to me and?????? after I told her I said u also now his son came In a is going to complain today monday because he asked me for gloves and I couldnt give him any !!!!!!so she was like ok I will come and do it ,the care home is in bradford she is in leeds and my other manger lives in darrligton so I just said 2 her no I LL do it ,so had to use plastic supermarket bags on my hand to clean some 1 feces .

Zahida
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
:sl: Bro personally i found those kind of people just continue no matter how nice or sweet you are............. It's like turning the other cheek but people like that just keep on bringing you down because they think they are superior to you, maybe they have issues that they can't deal with and being nasty makes them feel better about themselves.........who knows but in the work environment this bully is also employed by someone higher up..............:giggling::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
lol be so sweet polite and friendly that it burns her inside to ever be nasty to you again!

aah how sweet that type of revenge can be.

being an angel - nothing can beat it

Zahida
02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
:sl: Sis Allhumdohlillah to you for doing a job like that.......but if you are expected to do this job you must be properly equipped........It is the companys responsibility to provide the right equipment for you.

It was noble of you to do this and very great but you didn't have to do it, i think she knew that thats why she offered to do it herself.

I feel you must be upfront and tell her you are not happy because xyz and tell her that if things don't improve you will be taking it further. Mention that you will talk with HR and see what response you get....

All the best.:sunny::w:
salam/hiya well I feel really bad about going 2 work these days for example yesterday I had a problem on my hands so I called her ,well as u now I work as a senior carer In a care home and 1 of our residants had is bowels open in his trouses thats f9 but the problem was we had no gloves to use they have been finished for a few weeks and they havent botherd trying to get any more fast ,so she said to me and?????? after I told her I said u also now his son came In a is going to complain today monday because he asked me for gloves and I couldnt give him any !!!!!!so she was like ok I will come and do it ,the care home is in bradford she is in leeds and my other manger lives in darrligton so I just said 2 her no I LL do it ,so had to use plastic supermarket bags on my hand to clean some 1 feces .

muslimah 4 life
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Sister don't let them get away with such behaviour.
Ofcourse your other manager could have done something I guess he just doesn't want to get involved.
You often see such behaviour in care homes etc, it's sad especially when people like you give it 100%.
Stay strong and if you have staff meetings bring up issues that concern you, it may encourage other staff members to do the same.
I'm sure once they see its making you upset and not wanting to go in to work they will treat you like a star the last thing they want is to lose someone commited and hardworking like you.
Stay strong and don't give up wot ur doing cuz they can't replace carers like you.
:w:

nadia85
02-07-2009, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah 4 life
Sister don't let them get away with such behaviour.
Ofcourse your other manager could have done something I guess he just doesn't want to get involved.
You often see such behaviour in care homes etc, it's sad especially when people like you give it 100%.
Stay strong and if you have staff meetings bring up issues that concern you, it may encourage other staff members to do the same.
I'm sure once they see its making you upset and not wanting to go in to work they will treat you like a star the last thing they want is to lose someone commited and hardworking like you.
Stay strong and don't give up wot ur doing cuz they can't replace carers like you.
:w:
salam n thanks:bump1:

nadia85
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
salam/hi just wanted 2 up date on this well my area manager is still the same so I spoke 2 here boss which i regret now because on friday she said she will make my life hell at work blah blah anywayz yesterday i had enough and told her boss whos coming back 2 day to speack more when she finds out she is going 2 go mad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.