/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lying.

AnonymousPoster
02-02-2009, 01:52 AM
When I was younger, I joined a forum as a joke. I completely lied about how old I was. ( yes I was really stupid back then).

I left before everything got out of hand.
I'm not sure what I should do. Some of those people still try to contact me and talk to me after all these years. :( I just wished I could tell the truth, but I'm so embarrassed of what I've done when I was so young.
I'm thinking of just leaving those contacts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Donia
02-02-2009, 03:12 AM
If you wish to still talk to these people and it is not haram for you to do so, then just tell the truth.
If they don't want to talk to you anymore because of that, then so be it. At least you know that you're being honest and inshallah you will feel some peace inside.
Replace bad deeds with good deeds.

KashifB
02-02-2009, 10:53 AM
If I was in your situation I would tell them the truth.

Danah
02-02-2009, 10:57 AM
tell them the truth and that u were young back then.....they will understand
if they got upset on u, its their right to be so because they got fooled by you, but at least u will feel more peace afterward that u told them the truth whether they accepted it or not

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
You might have been daft in the past ut at least you realise that now. If you want to keep in touch don't continue decieving them, apologise for decieving them and tell them the plain truth. If they accept, alhamdulillaah. If they don't, move on.

By being open and honest with them even now so at least you won't be living your life in guilt.

Zahida
02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
:bravo::sl: I agree with Donia. That would be your best option at this moment but in future remember that lying causes pain and suffering all around maybe this was a test from Allah for you, but you are to be admired for realising your mistake and owning up to it and for being honest about it and wanting to rectify it. Well done. :sunny::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
If you wish to still talk to these people and it is not haram for you to do so, then just tell the truth.
If they don't want to talk to you anymore because of that, then so be it. At least you know that you're being honest and inshallah you will feel some peace inside.
Replace bad deeds with good deeds.

AnonymousPoster
02-03-2009, 03:16 AM
:sl:

But these contacts are from before I really began practicing Islam.
Some of them are males.
Back then, I did not show enough restraint in my posts. I even e-flirted in a sense.

AnonymousPoster
02-03-2009, 06:49 AM
It would be wise to get rid of the male contacts.

Gia
02-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Back then, I did not show enough restraint in my posts. I even e-flirted in a sense.
I think this is not a good background for starting over with them, and I don't believe that they will get over it easily. It's better for you and them to just end it and move on, except if you wish to stay in contact with them, then you'll have to say the truth and you'll have to accept their reactions.

Donia
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl:

Some of them are males.

Are you practicing Islam now?
If you are, then I think it is better for you to leave the male contacts alone. The past is the past.
Just seek forgiveness from Allah for the lying and move on sister. We all make mistakes.

AnonymousPoster
02-03-2009, 06:48 PM
I knew it!!! Yanal is not 13!!!! lol :P Come on Yanal own, tell the truth!!! Your too intelligent for a 13 year old!!!

On a serious not, i completely agree with Donia!!

Anon X

02-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Some of them are males.
In that case - leave it all behind you. If you want to change then you need to make a fresh start with new people who don't know you for what you used to do.

I'd advise you to cut contact with those people, otherwise they'll keep reminding you of your past behaviour. Plus you aren't supposed to be talking to guys.

Move into good company, pray to Allah for forgiveness and turn over a fresh leaf!

May Allaah help you!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.