/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How hardship is turned into ease

Ummu Sufyaan
02-02-2009, 08:31 AM
:sl:
How hardship is turned into ease.
When the grief and distresses (i.e calamities) befall you, then do not seek help/ask in any one but Allah and do not make dua to (anyone) except Him. And do not humble yourself to the dead or to the remnants in his grave (i.e do not seek their help). Rather raise what you seek to the one who is in the heaven, for there your Dua is answered

((أمن يجيب المضر اذا دعاه))
Or, Who answers the distressed one when he calls upon Him. (al-Naml: 62)

And there is no escape from trials

((أحسب الناس أن يتركوا أن يقولوا ءامنا وهم لا يفتنون))
“Do not the people think that they will be left alone because they say: “We Believe,” and will not be tested? (al-Ankaboot, 2)

And if a calamity is to befall you, then face it with acceptance (Ridha) and submission. Allah says,
((ومن يؤمن بالله يهد قلبه))
And whoever believes in Allah, He guides his heart (to the the true faith with certainty, i.e what had befallen him was already written for him by Allah from the Qadar (Divine Preordainments) (al-Taghaabon, 11)

‘Alqamah said: (concerning the above verse): "He is the person that when a calamity befalls him, he knows it’s from Allah, so he accepts it."

And do not feel annoyed with hardships, for annoyance does not remove it. And be aware of the regret of not knowing beforehand of what is to come to pass (by saying) the word “Law” (if), for verily it is from Satan. The Prophet, sallalhu aleyhi wa salaam said:

((أحرص على ما ينفعك, واستعن بالله ولا تعجز, وان أصاببك شيئ فلا تقل: لو أني فعلت كذا لكان كذا وكذا, ولكن قل: قدر الله وما شاء فعل, فان "لو" تفتح عمل الشيطان)) (رواه مسلم)

"Be vigilant for what is to your benefit and seek the help of Allah and do not falter. But when you are stricken by some setback, do not say: "If only I had done such and such,' rather say: 'It is the Decree of Allah and He does whatever He wills.' For, verily the saying 'If' (i.e if only i had) begins the work of the Devil." (Muslim)

Taken from: Sheikh abdul Muhin al-Qaasim in his Sermon “The Path to Happiness.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
04-24-2009, 12:41 PM
*bump...

Ali_008
05-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Jazakallah khair

Ali_008
05-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Jazakallah khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ahmed_indian
05-04-2009, 06:52 AM
jazaak Allah khair

noorseeker
05-04-2009, 06:59 AM
JazakAllah khayran

Sahabiyaat
05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
it sez i cant rep you :( because u have been a bad girl! lol.

great post!

Re.TiReD
05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
JazakAllah khayr sis...Just amazing <3

Danah
05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
((أحرص على ما ينفعك, واستعن بالله ولا تعجز, وان أصاببك شيئ فلا تقل: لو أني فعلت كذا لكان كذا وكذا, ولكن قل: قدر الله وما شاء فعل, فان "لو" تفتح عمل الشيطان)) (رواه مسلم)

"Be vigilant for what is to your benefit and seek the help of Allah and do not falter. But when you are stricken by some setback, do not say: "If only I had done such and such,' rather say: 'It is the Decree of Allah and He does whatever He wills.' For, verily the saying 'If' (i.e if only i had) begins the work of the Devil." (Muslim)
This is the main reason of why so many people have miserable life subhaAllah...

jazaki Allah khair sis

nebula
05-04-2009, 08:12 PM
mashallah great thread ukthi

Jazakallahu khayran

Ummu Sufyaan
08-17-2010, 11:45 AM
*Bump...

Danah
08-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Even though I have read this before, but it feels as if this is the first time!!
JazakiAllah khair for bumping the thread again dear sis!

Salahudeen
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
jazakallah khair yes when people say "if I had done this instead" this also causes them to feel regret about the past how wise is the prophet (saw)

syilla
08-18-2010, 03:47 AM
Jazakallah khayr for the reminder ukhti :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.