/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Snow in the UK

Umar001
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

Yes! University is closed, and so are schools. Major distruptions to the London underground with some lines closed or heavily delayed. What could be the reason?

Snow! In my time in the U.K. which is over 10 years I have never witnessed snow like this, ever before! It is amazing, from last night until now, the view yerstaday at night looked amazing, the sky's colour, the snow on the ground, was totally great, and today morning looks just as good!

Normally we get a little splishy splashy snow, which looks brown in colour due to the soil, but today it is totally white and deep! Amazing!

I was going to take some pictures, but I have not done so, as of yet, I may do so.

How do you feel about it? And is it happening in other parts of the U.K or just London?

Br.al-Habeshi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Hanbali
02-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Assalaamu 'alaykum wa ra7matullaah,

Yh the colour of the sky was absolutely beautiful....it had a creamish tint to it, mashaALlaah.

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 10:26 AM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Our school never closes, today Tia's school is closed imsad but Uni open so have to go inabit grrrrrrrrrrr,

My neighbours cat is outside :hmm: they're so useless, there's a fox in their garden and they can't even watch out for their pets, we have to do it :mmokay:

chacha_jalebi
02-02-2009, 10:36 AM
yaaaay:D i was meant to go uni but no one else is turnin up and it is wicked :D

the snow is propa deep, like your whole foot goes under the snow!!!!!! its heavy

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ar-RaYYan
02-02-2009, 10:38 AM
its also happening here in Birmingham :mmokay:
it was snowing so much this morning that buses was delayed and there was a lot of traffic :heated:
its still snowing right now and its sooo cold even though im inside and wearing a coat :hmm:
i have never seen so much snow here in the uk- this reminds me of denmark.

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
yaaaay:D i was meant to go uni but no one else is turnin up and it is wicked :D

the snow is propa deep, like your whole foot goes under the snow!!!!!! its heavy

Reckon I can walk to uni? Passed gazillions of ducks who think the main road is their home these days :heated: And the foxes are out.. :hmm:

I wana take snow pics of swans in the freezing river, actually there is no river ahaha poor birdies.

02-02-2009, 10:41 AM
We have snow here too! It's beautiful!! :statisfie

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
We have snow here too! It's beautiful!! :statisfie
No you don't!!

Prove it ;)

Take a pic next to tha snowman and put it on sisters section ehehe. ;D

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 10:44 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

I took a pic from outside my bedroom window...will post it after my next lecture insha'Allah. We normally get more snow than you Southerners so was nothing new for me. Just the extreme cold made things a pain. My mum was stressing out coz she had to get the car running early...4 rounds she had to make, me at the train station and rest of em to school.....poor momma :$

I keep slipping and almost falling....Its annoying <_<

But beautiful :statisfie

WassalamuAlaykum

Ar-RaYYan
02-02-2009, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
I keep slipping and almost falling....Its annoying <_<

same here :hiding:
at least this time its better remeber few weeks ago everywhere was slippery im not going to mention how many times i slipped :hiding:

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
same here :hiding:
at least this time its better remeber few weeks ago everywhere was slippery im not going to mention how many times i slipped :hiding:
Lol I was walking at snails pace and was late for lecture as a result :-[

Gah! If we dont get more, then the one we have already will turn into ice and kill us all :hmm: optimistic arent I? :p

Ar-RaYYan
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Lol I was walking at snails pace and was late for lecture as a result :-[

Gah! If we dont get more, then the one we have already will turn into ice and kill us all :hmm: optimistic arent I? :p
very optimistic :mmokay:
no i dont more snow its soo frezing here :grumbling

S_87
02-02-2009, 11:19 AM
theres snow up north here too. cold!

Danah
02-02-2009, 11:27 AM
no wonder I see many people online now.......no school, eh?

I wish we get some snow here....

Güven
02-02-2009, 11:53 AM
coool , any Pictures ? :ooh:

youngsister
02-02-2009, 12:54 PM
:sl:

Left my house sooo early to get to work couldnt get there..no train.

So now i am at home, got the day off :)

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Argh I'm expecting a call so cant post my pics...

Hmm...I need to buy some suitable footwear :-[ my boots atm will be the death of me

crayon
02-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Oooh mashallah, looks lovely, you guys are so lucky! I miss snow!

format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
I wish we get some snow here....
There was snow! Very recently too, on January 25!
It was in Ras Al Khaimah, though.. But still, I was amazed when I heard, lol. Snow in the UAE, who would have thought?!:)

http://www.physorg.com/news152103925.html

muslimah 4 life
02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
The snow is pretty heavy in Birmingham and its freezing.
Still had to take my daughter to school and the my road hadn't even been
gritted. :grumbling

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Ok here's London last night, *cough*:

Güven
02-02-2009, 01:15 PM
^Those pictures are scary :X

Im glad the snow period is over in Holland (I think :skeleton:)
...Im waiting for SPRING :statisfie

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 01:17 PM
^ ;D Scary, how? ;D

In response to rep...Ahem *cough* I seem to have *cough* something in my throat *cough* prevents me from *cough* saying anything *cough* ahem :-[

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 01:17 PM
samaKah from London? Or are you visiting sumbody.. ;D

Crayon shmashing pic and Alpha Dude

I wana post one, but because ma garden is all lawn, it just looks all white and no one has gone there, now all the kids from Tia's school gonna mess it up :mmokay:

Now I gotta help mek lunch fo em...losers :hmm:

S_87
02-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Amatul Wadud you need some water or anything :? that cough doesnt sound good

its snowing loads again here :D

crayon
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2

Crayon shmashing pic and Alpha Dude
(oi, you do realize it's a picture of snow in the UAE that i didn't take, right? just making sure...):embarrass

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeh...paani *cough* :p :-[

Anywayyy....to make up for them pics....here's this morning...out back.

I love this one :statisfie

Güven
02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
^ ;D Scary, how? ;D

In response to rep...Ahem *cough* I seem to have *cough* something in my throat *cough* prevents me from *cough* saying anything *cough* ahem :-[
It just looks ...dark and cold and cold and silent ...tooo silent :skeleton:

and what rep? :X

S_87
^ the snow flakes look like little stars :D

youd answer this rep that made you cough if you got your paani right :D

Re.TiReD
btw the white in my pic is the actual snow falling, not the cam...

Here's another:

Re.TiReD
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
It just looks ...dark and cold and cold and silent ...tooo silent :skeleton:
Thats what snow does <_< coats the whole of existence in a silent blanket of white, almost like a muffler. Almost like the silencer thing on a gun :|

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
This is our FAT deformed snowman:

Let's make a snowman,
And let's make him fat,
Give him a round head,
And put on a hat,
A carrot for his nose,
AND then I suppose,
Some buttons down his chest,
Oh he really is the best,
For he's a fat jolly snowman,
A roly poly snowman,
Let's make a snowman TODAY! *SINGS*

;D

Woodrow
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I was wondering were they dumped the snow when they plowed my driveway. I see they sent it to you guys.

Actually we have been having some warm days in the past week. the temperature even got above zero a few times. We haven't had as much snow as normal for here, though.

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I was wondering were they dumped the snow when they plowed my driveway. I see they sent it to you guys
;D Yeah thanks bro, we were able to make a snow family with the snow you had donated ;)

Who would've thought the snow would've lasted with a plane journey from Texas to Luton :hmm:

Yanal
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Arghhh that's nothing compared to the snow that was here in a few weeks ago but all highschools were closed except mine:uugh:

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Arghhh that's nothing compared to the snow that was here in a few weeks ago but all highschools were closed except mine:uugh:
Corse! Care to send some over to me Yanal? I'll use it for my snow cat tomorrow =)

noorseeker
02-02-2009, 03:59 PM
its still snowing in birmingham. my car hasnt started from yesterday morning, i need to get to work tonight. im just waiting for my electric battery charger to get charged, so i can charge me batteries

inshallah it will work

Ali.
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Everybody has got snow apart from where I am.

Ah well, apparently we're getting some tomorrow. I really hope that's so!

ardianto
02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I want to play with snow, I want to feel winter, but I have no money for go to Europe.
Ooh, this thread is make me cry.:cry:

Güven
02-02-2009, 04:47 PM
^no you dont :skeleton:

Mikayeel
02-02-2009, 04:51 PM

cardiff is snow freee :D!! Not for long though! :(, we might see snow tomorrow morning, which is good, cuz no college :D nd bad cuz its gna b to cold!

With that cold my sort is going to be pushed to the edge of extinction!

Far7an
02-02-2009, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel

cardiff is snow freee :D!! Not for long though! :(, we might see snow tomorrow morning, which is good, cuz no college :D nd bad cuz its gna b to cold!

With that cold my sort is going to be pushed to the edge of extinction!
Why you so happy?! Snow is awesome!

I just made a snowman with my daughter. Post your snowman pics!

ardianto
02-02-2009, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
^no you dont :skeleton:
Yes, yes. I dont cry. ;D

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

Aww that's totally cuteness, post the pic!

Güven
02-02-2009, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

yes SNOW is awesome but not the cold :skeleton:

Danah
02-02-2009, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Oooh mashallah, looks lovely, you guys are so lucky! I miss snow!

There was snow! Very recently too, on January 25!
It was in Ras Al Khaimah, though.. But still, I was amazed when I heard, lol. Snow in the UAE, who would have thought?!:)

http://www.physorg.com/news152103925.html
yeah I heard about it, subhan allah it was amazing how come it snow in a place reach above 40 C at summer

but it only snowed in Ras Al Khaimah where I dont live :( and only in one mountain there because its a very high one and cold
lol, its loke a miracle, everyone was talking about it, but it last for few days then run away:(

*Yasmin*
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM
u r lucky persons , i saw snow b4 yeaaaaaaaaaaaars agoimsad

Mikayeel
02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
u r lucky persons , i saw snow b4 yeaaaaaaaaaaaars agoimsad

keep it that way!:smile:

Far7an
02-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Some of my photos from today

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM

Awesome snow! I read about how the snow in the news! Looks really beautiful. More pics!

S_87
02-02-2009, 06:57 PM
cool snowman, is that ladoos for the eyes or something?

ironic how whenever theres snow in the UK the country is at a standstill :rolleyes:

Banu_Hashim
02-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Yep. Lots and lotsa snow. :D. Apparently the cloud is moving westward and we're gonna get heavy snow here in Bristol over night..

IbnAbdulHakim
02-02-2009, 06:59 PM
lolll farhan that looks freaky :p !!

we made a snowman too, but we made it with the intention of flykicking its head off. and thats just what we did :D over and over again !

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 07:02 PM
We've been trampling all over our garden all day, but as soon as we got in, it looKed like it had been untouched, I guess 'cause it's snowing continuously! :D But when I woKe up there was hardly anyfin, imsad

Omdays! Farhan Yr snowmans arms are anorexic ;D but she has fat eyes, we tried to make the eyes out of stone but they kept falling off =| I like the hat, waned to put dads on, but he was wearing his =(

Far7an
02-02-2009, 07:02 PM

Nah not ladoos, lychees. Speaking of standstill, day off work tomorrow!

F4I, yeah lol it's the best looking snowman!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-02-2009, 07:06 PM
We've been trampling all over our garden all day, but as soon as we got in, it looKed like it had been untouched, I guess 'cause it's snowing continuously! :D But when I woKe up there was hardly anyfin, imsad
you are blessed to have a big garden, we have to walk 10 minutes to go to the park.

but subhanAllaah i just dont know whats more fun, to roll down the snowy hills or slide down it, when you slide its so fast and you get a real rush but when you roll you get all dizzy and cant regain balance especially coz everything around u is slippery.

hmm the funnest i must say is to flykick a snowmans head off. and the bigger the snowman, the more fun it is !

im making dua the snow lasts tomorrow aswell, we got plans to create our own glacier :D !

EVERYONE MAKE DUA FOR SNOW IN LONDON :(

Intisar
02-02-2009, 07:07 PM
:w: Man you guys just don't know how to handle snow, the only time schools were closed was when it reached almost 2 feet, mind you that was 1998 and they had to bring in the military (that was back when I lived in Toronto). :D

If you guys want real snow, we should pass our snow from the East Coast on to you guys.

Al-Hanbali
02-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Pic from last night:

Al-Hanbali
02-02-2009, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
hmm the funnest i must say is to flykick a snowmans head off. and the bigger the snowman, the more fun it is !
Innit...that's the best part of building a snowman....(smile)

Güven
02-02-2009, 07:41 PM
hmm....flykick a snowmans head off...Interesting :p

Mikayeel
02-02-2009, 07:51 PM

Aaah nooo the snow is building up in my area!! Which mean no college tomorrow :D, i will take some pics tmrw nd show u guys, our snow in cardiff is unique :p, cuz it doesnt snow often :D

Nájlá
02-02-2009, 08:12 PM
The snow is beautiful. I've took some photos but more snow came down soo its thicker now. I'll take more photos tomorrow.

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 09:10 PM
you are blessed to have a big garden, we have to walk 10 minutes to go to the park.

but subhanAllaah i just dont know whats more fun, to roll down the snowy hills or slide down it, when you slide its so fast and you get a real rush but when you roll you get all dizzy and cant regain balance especially coz everything around u is slippery.

im making dua the snow lasts tomorrow aswell, we got plans to create our own glacier :D !

EVERYONE MAKE DUA FOR SNOW IN LONDON :(
May Allaah make it wsnow heavy in the part of London you live in, Aameen, THAT is by far the strangest dua I've made so far..

Ima go Wardown tomorrow inshaAllaah and take loadsa pics, I'll try take pics of the squirrels if I find one hiding,

Post your pics too.

format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
Pic from last night:

You have that many cars infront of your houses.. =| Either small houses or a lot of cars in this neighbourhood! :hmm:

Innit...that's the best part of building a snowman....(smile)
:omg: Violent people on this forum,

Aaah nooo the snow is building up in my area!! Which mean no college tomorrow :D, i will take some pics tmrw nd show u guys, our snow in cardiff is unique :p, cuz it doesnt snow often :D
WalaykumSalaam, yay! Can't wait to see the pics, never been to cardiff, sounds very posh like Warington ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Rida
The snow is beautiful. I've took some photos but more snow came down soo its thicker now. I'll take more photos tomorrow.
Wb! & Post them siss x

Ali.
02-02-2009, 09:17 PM
The snow is building up! :statisfie

I've never really been this happy about snow..

:D

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 09:24 PM
^ loq

ArE wE ALLOWED tO mAkE sNowMaNs In Islaam!?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-02-2009, 09:25 PM
^ good question, i was abuot to make one today but my cousin stopped me cause he said its making another "man". so instead we made huge different shaped balls of snow

The Ruler
02-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I've been in the UK only for the past few years. And before that, I've never seen snow before. And yet, it fails to excite me. All it does is cover the earth with is frosty white-ness.

Last year, it snowed more than it did yesterday and my school was open. And this year, school's closed. For two days. *content sigh*

Nájlá
02-02-2009, 09:26 PM

:D :D :D the snow is getting thicker and thicker.

*Yasmin*
02-02-2009, 09:33 PM
when i see the snowman i remember the Scarecrow actually,i don't think about "man"

*Yasmin*
02-02-2009, 09:34 PM
beautiful pics sis Rida, Ma Shaa' Allah

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Nice Rida!

^ good question, i was abuot to make one today but my cousin stopped me cause he said its making another "man". so instead we made huge different shaped balls of snow
Oh yeah, balls..well a snowman is two balls innay, so I guess it's not actually a man/statue, :hmm:

format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
I've been in the UK only for the past few years. And before that, I've never seen snow before. And yet, it fails to excite me. All it does is cover the earth with is frosty white-ness.

Last year, it snowed more than it did yesterday and my school was open. And this year, school's closed. For two days. *content sigh*
Tag-Tag!! Just looK out tha window, doesn't it make you say subhanAllaah!

Mikayeel
02-02-2009, 09:40 PM

my pics finally :D

Backyard, where they gna b running(rabbits) and having fun, while am watching them from the inside with a hot cop of tea :D

The rabbits don't mind the weather! They seem to enjoy it, they thought i was gna let them out so started getting all happy, i will let them out tomorrow and i will post their hilarious actions! First time for them to be out on the snow, ooeeh big day! :p

Pk_#2
02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Nice.

Don't post the door =| I'm tempted to stalk you now.. =$

Rabbits awwK take them indoors they're gonna get the influenza!!

wildkat
02-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Today I was started a new placement at a nursing home as part of my nursing degree. I was an hour late due to the traffic for which I got into trouble, and it took my sister 2 hours to get to me to take me home- a journey that would usually be over in 15 mins or less. I am now dreading tomorrow morning and am not happy. Stupid snow!

glo
02-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't like driving in the snow, so I was glad when my hubby offered to drive me into work this morning.
I wore my walking boots and took an extra bag with extra clothing - just in case I might have to make my way home on foot (it's only about 4 miles) ... but luckily the bus service was operating well.
My husband even packed me a bar of chocolate. He said it's important emergency food!! :D

I have brought stuff home to work from home tomorrow. Alternatively I will catch the bus again. Who needs cars?!!

Actually, I love the look of the snow, and the gentleness with which the snowflakes trundle down to earth ...
Beats pouring rain anytime!

We are all hoping that the schools will be closed tomorrow, so the children can enjoy a day in the snow! :)

Zahida
02-02-2009, 10:05 PM
:sl: Cool........... I have just been told that the school i teach in is CLOSED again tomorrow!!!!! Sorry sis but i love the snow.............. Half the people near where i live did not go to work today because of the dangerous weather conditions and i believe more people will probably stay at home tomorrow........ just a thought(?????);D:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by wildkat
Today I was started a new placement at a nursing home as part of my nursing degree. I was an hour late due to the traffic for which I got into trouble, and it took my sister 2 hours to get to me to take me home- a journey that would usually be over in 15 mins or less. I am now dreading tomorrow morning and am not happy. Stupid snow!

glo
02-02-2009, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: Cool........... I have just been told that the school i teach in is CLOSED again tomorrow!!!!! Sorry sis but i love the snow.............. Half the people near where i live did not go to work today because of the dangerous weather conditions and i believe more people will probably stay at home tomorrow........ just a thought(?????);D:w:
I hope you enjoy your day at home!! :)

wildkat
02-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Lol.. My mum has been saying the same to me, and as tempted as i am, I know I will chicken out tomorrow and end up going to work anyways! I hate skiving, I feel really bad afterwards

Woodrow
02-03-2009, 03:58 AM
While people out here would laugh at that snow. I can sympathize with all of you.

Here while we may get much heavier snow, it must be remembered we have the equipment to handle it and it soon becomes no more than a common annoyance.

I tremember a few years ago in Texas how a light snow that hardly turned the ground white crippled the entire state. In places where heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions are rare, they can be devastating. Even here with 20 foot snow drifts being common sites, we will still have many deaths from the weather.

To my Brother's and sister's in The UK my Du'as are for you. To my non Muslim friends in the UK, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

May everybody overcome this potential disaster and remain safe. Ameen

Re.TiReD
02-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Ohh man, major disappointment. It was supposed to get worse today...I've just woken for fajr and its all clear imsad the only snow is the 2 inches on the shed roof from last night but thats all , darn it!

Re.TiReD
02-03-2009, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
cool snowman, is that ladoos for the eyes or something?

ironic how whenever theres snow in the UK the country is at a standstill :rolleyes:
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
:w: Man you guys just don't know how to handle snow, the only time schools were closed was when it reached almost 2 feet, mind you that was 1998 and they had to bring in the military (that was back when I lived in Toronto). :D

Oi Oi <_< its the worst snow London has seen in 18 years so shurrup :p

Olive
02-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Lool! We got two days off school! :D

I'm loving this. :p

Re.TiReD
02-03-2009, 12:49 PM
^ I wanted a day off but I didnt get it (imsad) so I bunked instead but then decided half-way that I should go so I went to catch train and they were cancelled and I had to walk through a supermarket carpark to get to the station and I nearly slipped and killed maself :| sheeshness man, they want the customers dead :skeleton: and then before that I took ma sis to school and I was afraid that she'd either slip or that I'd squish her hand to bits coz was holding it too tight. And to top that, there's black ice everywhere :exhausted Thats it, I've changed my mind, I'm not moving to the North Pole <_<

Zahida
02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
:sl: Little one me tooooooooooooooo and then Feb 13th Half Term so we get another week off!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):D
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz
Lool! We got two days off school! :D

I'm loving this. :p

Zahida
02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
:sl: Awwwwwwwwwwww sis poor you maybe you should have stayed at home and had a nice cup of steaming hot coffee or tea or hot chocolate or Horlicks or Ovaltine........................ Make yourself one and i am sure you'll feel :statisfie soon............. Hey and if you moved to the North Pole the bears would eat you!!!!!:):):w:
^ I wanted a day off but I didnt get it (imsad) so I bunked instead but then decided half-way that I should go so I went to catch train and they were cancelled and I had to walk through a supermarket carpark to get to the station and I nearly slipped and killed maself :| sheeshness man, they want the customers dead :skeleton: and then before that I took ma sis to school and I was afraid that she'd either slip or that I'd squish her hand to bits coz was holding it too tight. And to top that, there's black ice everywhere :exhausted Thats it, I've changed my mind, I'm not moving to the North Pole <_<

Re.TiReD
02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
:sl: Little one me tooooooooooooooo and then Feb 13th Half Term so we get another week off!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):D
Ooh I forgot I had to reply to ur PM :-[ sorry. Will do now insha'Allah.

Btw lots of elderly people were slipping about today..felt sorry for em :-[

Zahida
02-03-2009, 01:16 PM
:cry:imsad.................
Ooh I forgot I had to reply to ur PM :-[ sorry. Will do now insha'Allah.

Btw lots of elderly people were slipping about today..felt sorry for em :-[

Mikayeel
02-03-2009, 02:14 PM

Yaay, noo snow its melted away :D My driving lesson today was very nice cuz not alof of cars on the road, but u had kids trowing snowballs!

Re.TiReD
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
There's a mahoosive snowball on one of the street corners, wanted to take a pic of it but cudnt, will be destroyed by the time kids get back from school though :(

Musaafirah
02-03-2009, 02:32 PM
The snow's starting to melt! The foundations for my snow house seems alright though, my sisters have even added some towers!
Need to take some picz and insha'allah post 'em up.

Zahida
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
:sl: we had a strange day one minute it snowed frantically and the next minute it's sunny and then it's sunny and snowing at the same time........... It's really irritating when kids throw snowballs at you when you are driving not to mention dangerous because they are distracting you and other drivers...............:statisfie:w:

Yaay, noo snow its melted away :D My driving lesson today was very nice cuz not alof of cars on the road, but u had kids trowing snowballs!

Pk_#2
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM

EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL FOOTPRINTS

I love these X-mas tree things, especially in snow

This ones the nicest one, or the one opposite my house, I think it's been chopped off but there was two tiny ones,

I was meant to take pics of Wardown, but I couldn't walk out the house, plus bunKing is fun.

Na7lah
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
your snow doesn't even look that deep =$ In December i had ta get somfin from the backyard and the snow was above my knees *no i'm not short*

i hate snow and this is the 4rth? thread of snow on this forum :mmokay:

Pk_#2
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
your snow doesn't even look that deep =$ In December i had ta get somfin from the backyard and the snow was above my knees *no i'm not short*

No it's not deep at all, hasn't been snowing, last night's snow :)

Danah
02-03-2009, 05:09 PM
wow....that will be really nice, above the knees?? amazing

I hate being surrounded by snow threads not because I hate snow, but because I cant see it. lol. sooo different than u :)

Zahida
02-03-2009, 06:20 PM
:sl: Can anyone help??? I wanted to send in a picture but my PC won't let me download off it..............keeps saying image xyz failed???:laugh::w:

Na7lah
02-03-2009, 06:22 PM
use imageshack

Zahida
02-03-2009, 06:28 PM
:sl: Thanks sis. I am not very technical can you tell me what that is please???? Do i have to download it??:w::bump1:
use imageshack

Zahida
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Thankyou Alpha Dude am trying that at the moment it seems to be taking forever..................

Didn't workimsad

Najm
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Wow!!! Its a snow thread!!!!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7865669.stm

Cute baby at 1.14 :D

FiAmaaniAllah

MO783
02-03-2009, 07:26 PM

Alhumdullilah we were ok here in the north of england, bolton to be precise.

But snow does look beautiful

:)

Mikayeel
02-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Thankyou Alpha Dude am trying that at the moment it seems to be taking forever..................

Didn't workimsad

Sister why don't u try photobucket? Its easier, and faster :)

Najm
02-03-2009, 09:49 PM

I think snow is just awesome!!! I wish it snowed everyday!!! My exam got cancelled today!! Yay!! :statisfie

And it was so fun to drive!!! I normally hate driving, cause your always giving other people lifts. But now im enjoying it !!!! Doing donuts at the empty car park, 360's, sliding with the handbrake up, its just simply awesome!!!! :D

At the park sliding down the hills, making big snow balls and rolling it down the hills, making snowalien is really kool, snowball fight, and snow angels. :D

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM

So heres my pics.......

Ah!! The blanket of gentle snow :statisfie

This is the "Extra-Terrestrial" that visted UhktE's backyard!!! His name is SnowAlien!!!

Yep, his a GangStar alright!!! :D

FiAmaaniAllah

Pk_#2
02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
;D, Oh the alien footprints made me shiver =|

The aliens visited UK just in time for the snow, I see they've popped round yours too akhE, :o

IbnAbdulHakim
02-03-2009, 10:59 PM
najmmm i loved that footprints pic!!!! its so nice mashAllah :ooh:

Al-Hanbali
02-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Are they actually footprints or....?

Najm
02-03-2009, 11:19 PM

najmmm i loved that footprints pic!!!! its so nice mashAllah :ooh:
JazakAllah Khair akhi

Are they actually footprints or....?
Yes they are Large Footprints!! :skeleton: You believe in SnowAliens too!! Great!!! :D

;D, Oh the alien footprints made me shiver =|

The aliens visited UK just in time for the snow, I see they've popped round yours too akhE, :o
Hope you didnt get scared UhktE, they dont mean any harm! SnowAliens are kool! I see you had small ones around yours :rollseyes

P.s JazakAllah Khair to Mikayeel for introducing PhotoBucket!

FiAmaaniAllah

aminahjaan
02-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Right when I left vacation there on winter break it started to snow?
In AZ there's nooo snow :(
Lucky!

syilla
02-04-2009, 03:25 AM
yada yada yada... ya ya ya... i know everyone of you just love to make me feel jealous... :blind:

glo
02-04-2009, 06:55 PM
A little late because the snow is nearly gone ... but here are a couple of pics my husband took today whilst walking along the river Great Ouse.

DSCN5676?t1233773669 -

DSCN5682?t1233773701 -

Zahida
02-04-2009, 10:02 PM
:sl: Brother Najm............ Wow your garden is awesome!!!! Whats it like to have an alien living in your garden?????? I mean with the credit crunch and stuff are they expensive to keep i mean like what do you feed it that it's grown like size 1000 feet???? (Do you buy it shoes to keep them warm in all the snow) Lol!!!!!

But really your garden is AWSOME...............:bump1::w:

glo
02-05-2009, 01:30 PM
We woke up to another 4 inches of snow this morning! Yay!! :D

DSCN5700 1?t1233901665 -

DSCN5692 1?t1233901723 -

DSCN5697 1?t1233901748 -

DSCN5694 1?t1233901769 -

Najm
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM

And the snow falls during the night.......

And stops during the day......

FiAmaaniAllah

unknown_JJ
02-05-2009, 10:34 PM
omg i think i see my house .. sik picz

walikum asalam :)

Güven
02-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Amazing.....It looks like there is no end of Winter yet :exhausted

Yanal
02-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Our weather right now is great but on December or November we had 5feet snow for 3 weeks.

Mikayeel
02-06-2009, 01:14 AM

ooh its snowing very bad here, lets just hope it will keep snowing like this so no college 2morrow, 3rd time this week :D

Najm
02-06-2009, 01:37 AM

ooh its snowing very bad here, lets just hope it will keep snowing like this so no college 2morrow, 3rd time this week :D

What do you mean "snowing very bad here"? imsad

FiAmaaniAllah

*Marwah
02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
so is Birmingham..omg soo amazing Subhanallah

glo
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
More snow here in Buckinghamshire too ...

Does anybody else feed the garden birds in this weather?

S_87
02-06-2009, 11:49 AM
suns shining and snow mostly gone up north :p

glo
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Still loads of snow here.
Hubby just took me out in the car to show me how to drive in the snow (and how to get yourself out when you are stuck! :D)

I was pretty terrified at first, but I feel much more confident now for having practiced it!
I am so grateful for my husband. :)

Danah
02-06-2009, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
yada yada yada... ya ya ya... i know everyone of you just love to make me feel jealous... :blind:
same here.......I hate reading this thread :blind: but pic are very nice so it cant help at all :rollseyes

S_87
02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
same here.......I hate reading this thread :blind: but pic are very nice so it cant help at all :rollseyes
hey atleast u guys have nice sun shine, something UKers will be raving about in the summer :p for like one week

Musaafirah
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Good thing about snow is, lessons get cancelled and assignment deadlines gets postponed!
Woohoo.
Bad thing is, getting snowed in. How'd you drive in this weather?
Some people on our street were stalling and sliding back!

Ar-RaYYan
02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
^ lookin at the second pic :exhausted
im so glad i dont live anywhere near there:skeleton:
i wonder how many times you have managed to fall :rollseyes

nebula
02-06-2009, 08:25 PM
asalaamalakum this is a picture i took of the snow from my window!

The Ruler
02-06-2009, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musafir
Good thing about snow is, lessons get cancelled and assignment deadlines gets postponed!
Woohoo.
Tch. I thought it was a good thing until this morning when I realised that the teachers have been sending us all work to do over the school website and e-mail.

The Ruler
02-06-2009, 09:43 PM
I just finished uploading the whole lot... So here's a few more I took yesterday:

^My sisters' handiwork

^Melting Snow

^I think the poor fellow froze to death.

Güven
02-06-2009, 09:51 PM
wow AMAZING Pictures :ooh:

what camera did you use ?

The Ruler
02-06-2009, 10:07 PM
^It's an 8MP Fujifilm finepix S5800.

BlissfullyJaded
02-07-2009, 04:31 AM

Woowwy, the pictures are awesome mashaAllah! :thumbs_up Thanks for sharing. :D

zanjabeela
02-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Awesome pics, all! The Ruler, I really liked #3 and 6 on the last page.

:w:

crayon
02-07-2009, 09:00 AM
4 and 6 are lovely, the Ruler.

The snowmen are so cute mashallah..
(I think a third of their body fell off though. Just so you know. :p)

glo
02-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Today we built an igloo in the park and had great fun doing it.
We managed to get help from two young guys and an eldery retired teacher who still remembered building igloos with his student in the long winter of 1962/63. His advice was great, and he went home to bring us photographs from 1962.

It was wonderful meeting new people from different ages, getting to know them and making friends. :)

Happy winter time! :D

Soulja Girl
02-07-2009, 06:30 PM

^Aww, cute! :D Love the last pic... :)

:w:

Mikayeel
02-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Woooow an igloo!How coool :D

highway_trekker
02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Glo..that must have been fun :)

Güven
02-07-2009, 07:07 PM
WOW amazing , is it possible to live in there ? :ooh: :skeleton:

Musaafirah
02-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Aww glo! You've managed to at least finish the igloo off!
We've started one here at home, but not finished and ice is starting to melt. :(
'Bricks'...

Interior

Slightly bigger

And current...

But we're making it square... So it'll be like a house. I think.
Random other pics..flower pot

Melting snow...

Cabdullahi
02-07-2009, 07:15 PM
The above attempt of making an iglo was more like building a 3 bedroom family house or a bungalow.....not an iglo but a bungalow lolololol

Musaafirah
02-07-2009, 07:18 PM
^^ LOL! It was fun making it, and having the snowball fights!

glo
02-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Musaafir, ours was only little. Enough space for two to sit in ... no more ...

Yours looks very neat. Ours got a bit bumpy! :D

Musaafirah
02-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Credit goes to my little sisters. :-[
I just help throw snowballs at them. :D

Musaafirah
02-07-2009, 07:39 PM
My sisters'd probably go after you with pitch forks if they knew.
What say you glo?

Musaafirah
02-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I know you were kidding!
Yeah, if it doesn't snow tomorrow I am going to have so much fun throwing each brick at my sisters! Tehehehe

Güven
02-07-2009, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I don't mean this to be offensive, I really admire the work, but they're just begging to be kicked.

I'm pretty sure that if I created one myself, the most pleasure I'd have would be when knocking it down.

LOL innit I have the same urge aswell :D
after you build it so nicely , take some pictures and then wohoooo FLYING KICK!!

now thats fun :D

transition?
02-07-2009, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
While people out here would laugh at that snow. I can sympathize with all of you.

Here while we may get much heavier snow, it must be remembered we have the equipment to handle it and it soon becomes no more than a common annoyance.

I tremember a few years ago in Texas how a light snow that hardly turned the ground white crippled the entire state. In places where heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions are rare, they can be devastating. Even here with 20 foot snow drifts being common sites, we will still have many deaths from the weather.

To my Brother's and sister's in The UK my Du'as are for you. To my non Muslim friends in the UK, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

May everybody overcome this potential disaster and remain safe. Ameen

True. Even if the roads ice a bit, everything is shut down because in Mid-Georgia no one is really prepared for ice or snow at all.
We have such pleasant and warm weather here throughout the year, the rain can be troublesome for our drivers.

transition?
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
It didn't even snow once here. imsad

glo
02-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Awesome Igloo and house.

Is it bad that I feel like breaking 'em? :X
Very, VERY bad indeed!

Go and stand in the igloo corner!!

glo
02-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that if I created one myself, the most pleasure I'd have would be when knocking it down.
I suppose igloos are a bit like sand castles in that respect ... you know they are not going to last.
At the very lates the next tide/thaw will wipe them away.

(I'd rather the kids in the neighbourhood had a few days fun in it though, before it gets knocked down ... it did take 7 of us three hours to build it!)

Intisar
02-07-2009, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
We managed to get help from two young guys and an eldery retired teacher who still remembered building igloos with his student in the long winter of 1962/63. His advice was great, and he went home to bring us photographs from 1962.

It was wonderful meeting new people from different ages, getting to know them and making friends. :)

Don't feel you Canadian lol. :D

Ummu Sufyaan
02-08-2009, 07:48 AM
i hope you people are appreciating your snow :ooh: i wish i could take an image of the boiling hot weather we're living through :exhausted:phew

Najm
02-08-2009, 04:14 PM

:sl: Brother Najm............ Wow your garden is awesome!!!! Whats it like to have an alien living in your garden?????? I mean with the credit crunch and stuff are they expensive to keep i mean like what do you feed it that it's grown like size 1000 feet???? (Do you buy it shoes to keep them warm in all the snow) Lol!!!!!
But really your garden is AWSOME...............:bump1::w:
JazakiAllah Khair ukhti. The garden is very nice Alhadulillah. It is very hard to maintain though, and constant gardening is required by the family. Yday i had to save the fishes from the icy water, and snow being covered, and also plants which had fallen due to the heavy snow. :statisfie

Still loads of snow here.
Hubby just took me out in the car to show me how to drive in the snow (and how to get yourself out when you are stuck! :D)

I was pretty terrified at first, but I feel much more confident now for having practiced it!
I am so grateful for my husband. :)
APeace, yes driving in these conditions is very hard, and its all about keeping the car under control, braking early and driving slow. Its fun sliding around in empty car parks though:-[ Very lovely igloo by the way, well done!! Peace!

Awesome Igloo and house.

Is it bad that I feel like breaking 'em? :X
Yes its really bad!! :raging:

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
i hope you people are appreciating your snow :ooh: i wish i could take an image of the boiling hot weather we're living through :exhausted:phew
Alhamdulillah, snow is amazing, and it doesnt come often. People always complain when it hot, cold, snowy or rainy. SubhaanAllah, people should appreciate it always :statisfie

FiAmaaniAllah

glo
02-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Our igloo was bashed to pieces today ... imsad

crayon
02-08-2009, 05:21 PM
:ooh:
That's horrible!!
I'm sorry, glo...imsad

Alpha, do you have anything to say for yourself?!:uuh:

crayon
02-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Find out who did it, trap them in a corner, and stuff snow down their shirts and pants...:statisfie

Erm, I mean... forgiveness is something we should all try to do.. and it's great... and all that.:X

Banu_Hashim
02-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Snow has just turned to ice where I am. It's just plain cooooold now..

Banu_Hashim
02-08-2009, 05:56 PM

Woa... that's amazing. Me and my friends built half a giant igloo. It also got smashed in the process of a snow ball fight...:rollseyes

noorseeker
02-08-2009, 05:59 PM
its snowing bad now

glo
02-08-2009, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Find out who did it, trap them in a corner, and stuff snow down their shirts and pants...:statisfie

Erm, I mean... forgiveness is something we should all try to do.. and it's great... and all that.:X
Haha, I found your hidden message!! :D

Seriously though, can somebody explain that urge to destroy something which somebody else has taken time and effort to make?
I don't think I understand it at all ... :(

Now I think about it, all the igloos and snowmen I have seen around the neighbourhood had been knocked down and destroyed by the next day ... Why do people do that?

Alpha Dude has mentioned the idea that breaking something is just part of making it. But does that excuse breaking things which other people have made?

Any thoughts?

AhlaamBella
02-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Yay it's snowing again! :D I'm just hoping college shuts lol

Güven
02-08-2009, 09:35 PM
^Exactly....its fun to break your own stuff ( when you feel to) but not others.

BlissfullyJaded
02-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Ohh. :ooh: That was suchh a cool igloo! Well, at least you got a nice picture of it.

Guven and Alpha, you both scare me. :skeleton:

Güven
02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Yeah. Guven probably breaks all of his own expensive stuff all the time, purely because it's 'fun'. :><:
nooooooo lol I meant "snowmade stuff" :exhausted

Musaafirah
02-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Man, i feel for ya glo! (Let's go and follow Crayon's advice!)
our one's still standing, but we haven't done anything further as it hasn't snowed today...
Seeing as it's in our garden and hopefully no random people should bash it in. I'll see how long it lasts...

crayon
02-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Haha, I found your hidden message!! :D

Seriously though, can somebody explain that urge to destroy something which somebody else has taken time and effort to make?
I don't think I understand it at all ... :(

Now I think about it, all the igloos and snowmen I have seen around the neighbourhood had been knocked down and destroyed by the next day ... Why do people do that?

Alpha Dude has mentioned the idea that breaking something is just part of making it. But does that excuse breaking things which other people have made?

Any thoughts?
To be honest, I can understand that urge of wanting to break it...
Like having a huge row of dominoes all set up, and then being so tempted to tip the first one over.
Or knocking over a huge house of cards.
Or a Jenga tower.

But of course, it's never all right to destroy something that isn't yours.
"Temptation" is not a good enough excuse for doing something like that.

When I was in the 2nd grade I made a PERFECT clay model of a little panda chewing on a bamboo stalk. Everyone loved it. When I took it home, my brother threw it in the snow and it fell apart. It happened like 10 years ago and I'm still a little annoyed at him, lol.

nadia85
02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
salam/hi all when I was on my way 2 work yesterday I slipped and fell right on my back In the snow was so funny and embarssing lol hehe

Musaafirah
02-09-2009, 09:29 PM
GUESS WHAT?!!
The snow cleared this morning right, then I look out the window and there's a blanket of snow everywhere!!
Apparently down South we're gonna have 12 inches of snow tonight.
No uni tomorrow I guess.
Right, I'll be off now. I should really stop this procrastination business...

The Ruler
02-09-2009, 09:34 PM
We were supposed to have snow today. But the stupid rain is too persistent. At this rate, there won't be any unmelting snow. Meaning, school open tomorrow... And I have an assessed practicle. Tch.

m102313
02-09-2009, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
GUESS WHAT?!!
The snow cleared this morning right, then I look out the window and there's a blanket of snow everywhere!!
No uni tomorrow I guess.
I doubt the snow will remain till tomorrow morning even if it does snow, with it continuing to rain here, i really wanted to have a snow fight with my mates, missed out on last monday.

Banu_Hashim
02-10-2009, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
GUESS WHAT?!!
No uni tomorrow I guess.
Hmmm... 12 inches?? I think that's wishful thinking. There was a blanket if snow, but then the snow turned into rain and the snow kinda disappeared. Look outside. :(

Musaafirah
02-10-2009, 10:18 PM
The snow disappeared this morning!
Argh. I had to go into uni today! But, at least one essays over. Now two more to go AND a project write up.

Believer_786
02-12-2009, 02:59 AM
Hehe, we all love snow

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.