/* */

PDA

View Full Version : School closed so.................

Zahida
02-02-2009, 02:26 PM
:sl: To all of you at home today because school is closed due to the snow (HOORAY!!!)................... How about doing something good and reading Surat Yaseen at least once and then posting me to let me know you have read it......... Should take you at the most 6/7 minutes.........................

So far i have 54x.............. see SURAT YASEEN REQUEST.

THANKYOU.....................PLEASE:sunny::w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zahida
02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
:sl:SAD.............. VERY SAD:w:imsad

Musaafirah
02-02-2009, 09:10 PM
:sl:
do we have many kids on here? Not everyone's from the UK either! Also, not all schools were closed, so maybe not many people saw this thread.
Also, there could be a possibility that people DO recite Surah yaseen daily and don't feel the need to post here.
(Also, what did you mean by the 54x Surah yaseen request? :?)

Triumphant
02-02-2009, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
do we have many kids on here? Not everyone's from the UK either! Also, not all schools were closed, so maybe not many people saw this thread.
Also, there could be a possibility that people DO recite Surah yaseen daily and don't feel the need to post here.
i hate it when they call us kids...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
02-02-2009, 09:27 PM
:sl: Sis i made a request on the forum for a friend whose brother is dying because he has a tumour in his spine he is wheelchair bound and only 28. His mother asked for the yaseen surat to be read 125,000 times and it was announced at our localmosque. By 54x i meant that 54 people have read it but i suppose i was expecting more as i had requested that maybe people on the forum could ask friends and family, it seems however people are reluctant to help out and do a good deed........... May Allah ease the affairs of my friends family. Ameen .............

I am not dissing anyone but had thought that people no matter how old or young would be willing to help..............imsad:w:

I have also made a request from my Muslimstudents at school andwill be looking forward to recieving how many times they managed to do this and i am sure that they will not let me down i am expecting to be able to add at least another 80x InshaAllah.............
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir

The Ruler
02-02-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm just curious... Is reading Surat Yaseen (in particular) going bring us any good? I mean, it's not reading the Qur'an in general I'm talking about. Of course, you get thawaab for every word of the Qur'an you read, but why are people so fixated on surah Yaseen? It's not like reading that particular surah several times is going to incur some miracle, right? Or am I wrong?

Zahida
02-02-2009, 09:40 PM
:sl: Whoops i think i had better give up!!! The request was from an elder inour community whose son is dying and wanted to do this for him. Why i don't know but it was her request maybe asking members on the forum was a mistake. I have asked my family, friends and students and InshaAllah am getting some response from them.

Thankyou guys anyway i was just trying to help this family achieve what they have requested............:w::bump1:
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
I'm just curious... Is reading Surat Yaseen (in particular) going bring us any good? I mean, it's not reading the Qur'an in general I'm talking about. Of course, you get thawaab for every word of the Qur'an you read, but why are people so fixated on surah Yaseen? It's not like reading that particular surah several times is going to incur some miracle, right? Or am I wrong?

The Ruler
02-02-2009, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: Whoops i think i had better give up!!! The request was from an elder inour community whose son is dying and wanted to do this for him. Why i don't know but it was her request maybe asking members on the forum was a mistake. I have asked my family, friends and students and InshaAllah am getting some response from them.

Thankyou guys anyway i was just trying to help this family achieve what they have requested............:w::bump1:
Hey, I'm not against it or anything. I'm just wondering. Besides, won't you take this chance to gain a bit of knowledge too, and not delve into it ignorantly? =)

m102313
02-02-2009, 09:43 PM
We should be reading the Qur'an in general all the time, not only when someone becomes ill or at times of difficulty. And it does not really matter how many times a particular surah or verse is recited, as long as you do it sincerely and from the heart.

Zahida
02-02-2009, 09:47 PM
:sl: Of course i have often heard of people saying that they will do something ie read two rakaat nafal if something they wanted to happen etc etc............ maybe this mother has requested that people read this so when the time comes her sons death may not be too painful for him. She is a mother after all, to be honest i haven't really asked because the family are going through enough trauma anyway, i just obliged and requested on the forum in the hope that others would be inclined to do the same............

And Musafir...........>>>>>> No probs.:D

:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Hey, I'm not against it or anything. I'm just wondering. Besides, won't you take this chance to gain a bit of knowledge too, and not delve into it ignorantly? =)

Zahida
02-02-2009, 09:54 PM
:sl: I don't disagree with that at all, but if someone asks you to do that then i will oblige reading from the Koran is a reward and reading because someone has requested in time of need as i see it is a good thing also,,,,,,,,, I don't want to unnessary arguements or debates,,,,,,,,, so i will give up now. Thankyou to all of you without any bad feelings:bump1::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
We should be reading the Qur'an in general all the time, not only when someone becomes ill or at times of difficulty. And it does not really matter how many times a particular surah or verse is recited, as long as you do it sincerely and from the heart.

Mikayeel
02-02-2009, 10:23 PM
:threadclo

This thread has served its purpose, make dua that Allah will forgive our fellow muslim and grant him jannah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.