/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Aqsa Mosque jeopardized by Israeli excavation works

Silver
02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
I just saw this on al-arabiyya TV station

Aqsa Mosque jeopardized by Israeli excavation works -- Chief Justice
Politics 2/2/2009 2:31:00 PM

RAMALLAH, Feb 2 (Kuweit news agency) -- Al-Aqsa Holy mosque might collapse due to the Israeli excavation works taking place under its bases, besides the building of a huge network of tunnels, warned Palestinian Chief Justice Taiseer Al-Tamimi here on Monday.
He told media the Israeli excavations under Al-Aqsa are behind the collapse of the ground of a classroom in a school belonging to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) in Jerusalem, which injured 17 students 100 meters from Al-Aqsa grounds.
He said that the Israel authorities melted the entire rock base under Al-Aqsa using certain chemicals, and removed the soil beneath, leaving the mosque at great jeopardy. This danger is compounded by the cracks in the western walls of the holy mosque so that any earthquake or shake would lead to collapse.
The official mentioned that since the Israeli attack on Gaza, the Israeli government and the radical groups were keener than ever to change the identity of the town, where the Israelis are building 3,500 settlement units in Jerusalem in order to isolate it from its surroundings.
He called on the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), Jerusalem committee, The Arab League, and United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to honor their historic and humanitarian responsibility and fulfill their obligations towards Al-Aqsa Mosque and Jerusalem.(end) nq.lb KUNA 021431 Feb 09NNNN

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesP...18&Language=en

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*Yasmin*
02-02-2009, 06:40 PM
sad news indeed
i feel soooooo angry when i saw a zionist wandering in Al-Aqsa
May Allah keep Al-Aqsa and Al-quds. Ameeeeeeeeeen

The_Prince
02-03-2009, 02:54 AM
maybe thats we need to wake the whole Muslim world up.

Triumphant
02-03-2009, 03:01 AM
This is a major sign of Yawm al-Qiyamah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
02-03-2009, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Triumphant
how so?

sur
02-04-2009, 03:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Triumphant
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
how so?
yes, i would also like to know from "Triumphant", where did u come up with this notion???

Triumphant
02-04-2009, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
yes, i would also like to know from "Triumphant", where did u come up with this notion???
"lol"

The Palestinian
02-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Believe me even they destroyed it, muslims and arabs won't do anything but crying.
I've prayed in Al Aqsa, it's wonderful feelings mixed with sadness because you should have permission from the Israelis to go there.
If muslims didn't make a move for the people who killed, will they do it for a mosque?
But we say what Abd El Motaleb (our prophet's Grandfather) said when Abraha wanted to destroy El Kaaba :" Lel Bayt rab yahmeeh", means( The most have God to protect it).

Silver
02-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Believe me even they destroyed it, muslims and arabs won't do anything but crying.
I've prayed in Al Aqsa, it's wonderful feelings mixed with sadness because you should have permission from the Israelis to go there.
If muslims didn't make a move for the people who killed, will they do it for a mosque?
But we say what Abd El Motaleb (our prophet's Grandfather) said when Abraha wanted to destroy El Kaaba :" Lel Bayt rab yahmeeh", means( The most have God to protect it).
Yeah, I'm affraid a lot of muslims won't do anything even if was destroyed. Muslims today are submissive to their weak and corrupt governments.
I wish I could go pray there someday. Now I can't cuz I am lebanese :( My grandfather prayed there when he was young and told me that it felt great and that he'll never forget it...

*Yasmin*
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Palestinian
so true :(

Sahabiyaat
02-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Ya Allah.....imsad

doorster
02-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Muslim (buildings, lands etc.) problems in Israel/Palestine must be sooo very special that there are hundreds of thread on them, trying to incite trouble and "action" yet, if someone was to post about plight of Muslims elsewhere, they are accused of spreading hatred by LI "Muslims" against other religions/countries/brother Muslim/brother hindus etc. etc. and threads vanish

Izyan
02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
Muslim (buildings, lands etc.) problems in Israel/Palestine must be sooo very special that there are hundreds of thread on them, trying to incite trouble and "action" yet, if someone was to post about plight of Muslims elsewhere, they are accused of spreading hatred by LI "Muslims" against other religions/countries/brother Muslim/brother hindus etc. etc. and threads vanish
That's because it's ok if muslims beat, rape and kill other muslims

Izyan
02-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Isn't Asqa Mosque also the Temple Mount? I'm sure the Israelis won't do anything to upset this sacred ground.

doorster
02-20-2009, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
That's because it's ok if muslims beat, rape and kill other muslims
yay another friend of LI is back :(

Izyan
02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
yay another friend of LI is back :(
It's been a month did ya miss me?

doorster
02-20-2009, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
It's been a month did ya miss me?
yeah, I would have missed you like I would a sore thumb but I was banned at about the same time as you for a month

Woodrow
02-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Returning to what Bro. Doorster said.

A very good point:

if someone was to post about plight of Muslims elsewhere, they are accused of spreading hatred by LI "Muslims" against other religions/countries

It must seem that way to members. But going deeper, let us look at what Brother Doorster noticed.

We as an Ummah do ignore the plight of our Brothers and sisters. It is true there have been many threads about Al-Aqsa and threads about it should be made. But, does that reflect the concern for our Brothers and Sisters?

Where and how often do we see threads about the suffering of Muslims in Dafur, Somalia, Sudan, India, Bangladesh etc perhaps one or 2 threads a month at most. Sadly they very rapidly disintegrate into wars between members and the topic becomes lost in the battle at which point the best recourse is to close or delete the thread, before we all (Muslims and Non-Muslims) begin to look like 6 year olds fighting in the kindergarten sandbox.

We do need good threads about those topics and we do need to discuss them in depth, but we must do so based on fact, without emotionalism and without attacks against any poster as a person. Debate the statement with facts and keep it focused on the statement only, not the posters making the statements. Keep out unnecessary adjectives that only steer attention away from the facts.

Yes Al-Aqsa is very important to us, but keep in mind Allaah(swt) is more important and the plight of our suffering Brothers and Sisters is also important. In fact much too important to tarnish with our emotional outburst against other members.

Joe98
02-25-2009, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
Aqsa Mosque jeopardized by Israeli excavation works -- Chief Justice
The Jews say there was a temple there 2,000 years ago. And they say it was destroyed by the Romans. The wailing wall is apparently the last remaining part of the temple.

Muslims claim there was never a temple there. As a result Israelis are now excavating the area for archaeological purposes to prove the temple was there.

If Muslims were to say:

There was a temple there and the Romans destroyed it: Israel would not need to do any excavations.

-

Vito
02-25-2009, 06:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
The Jews say there was a temple there 2,000 years ago. And they say it was destroyed by the Romans. The wailing wall is apparently the last remaining part of the temple.

Muslims claim there was never a temple there. As a result Israelis are now excavating the area for archaeological purposes to prove the temple was there.

If Muslims were to say:

There was a temple there and the Romans destroyed it: Israel would not need to do any excavations.

-
Israel does whatever pleases them regardless of what anyone has to say. They've probably been planning to demolish everything in that area anyways. Its only a matter of time.

Silver
02-25-2009, 06:40 AM

If Muslims were to say:

Oh really?? So Israel is excavating just to prove us wrong??!
They would stop if we addmitted that there was a temple there!!! So it is our fault??! Well sure it is!! The Israelis are angels who never commit mistakes!

An exciting discovery in Jerusalem, constituting extraordinary remains of the wall of the city from the time of the Second Temple (second century BCE-70 CE) that was built by the Hasmonean kings and was destroyed during the Great Revolt, and also the remains of a city wall from the Byzantine period (324-640 CE) which was built on top of it, were uncovered in an extensive excavation that is currently underway on Mount Zion. The lines of these fortifications delineated Jerusalem from the south in periods when the ancient city had reached its largest size.

The new finds were presented today (Wednesday) at a press conference that was held on Mount Zion. The excavation has been in progress for the past year and a half, under the direction of archaeologist Yehiel Zelinger of the Israel Antiquities Authority, in cooperation with the Nature and Parks Authority and with financial support provided by the Ir David Foundation.

The project is being implemented as part of the master plan for the Jerusalem City Wall National Park, the purpose of which is to preserve the region around the Old City of Jerusalem as an open area for tourism. In the future the remains of the ancient city walls will be incorporated in a promenade that will encircle the southern side of Mount Zion and will continue along the northern bank of Gai Ben Hinnom and terminate in the City of David.
http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Israel+bey...ons-3-Sep-2008

It doesn't seem like they are doing it just to prove us wrong! Does it?

Vito
02-25-2009, 07:47 AM
While were at it, we might as well just say there was no such thing as Palestine. Maybe that will end the occupation as well huh? I want to change my name to /facepalm if thats possible.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.