/* */

PDA

View Full Version : money

sister_islam
02-02-2009, 10:41 PM
:sl::sl:

i wanted to ask you what should you when find money on the streets?

thanks

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
02-02-2009, 10:47 PM
:sl:
Put it in an envelope and mail it to my house.

KashifB
02-02-2009, 11:05 PM
If you suspect it's someones, ask them and give it back otherwise keep it.

aysegul
02-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I tried to find the owner then if ı couldnt find the owner,I would give it to a charity:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
02-02-2009, 11:36 PM
DONT give it to the Police :X

aysegul
02-02-2009, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
DONT give it to the Police :X
İf this is for me : I mean-- I try to find with police:D If we cant ı would offer them to donate the money:D

(Ne kıvırdım ama):D

Snowflake
02-02-2009, 11:51 PM
assalamu alaykum,

Narrated by Zayd Ibn Khalid Al-Juhani:

"A man asked the Prophet (saw) about the ruling on finding lost gold or silver (i.e.money) abd he (saw) replied, "Remember the description of its container (i.e. purse or the like) and the string it is tied with, and make public announcement about it for one year. The if no one idientifies it, you can utilize it but you have to keep as a trust, and if its owner shows up to reclaim it at any time afterwards, give it to him. Then the man asked him about the ruling on finding lost sheep... (I think the rest isn't relevant here..)

Source: 'A Summary of Islamic Jurisprudence' by Dr Salih al Fawzan. Chapter 3: Finding lost objects (page 195-196)

Yanal
02-02-2009, 11:56 PM
^ that's the Hadith I found. Anyway once I found a crumpled wrecked 100$:). I thank Allah!

aysegul
02-02-2009, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
^ that's the Hadith I found. Anyway once I found a crumpled wrecked 100$:). I thank Allah!
Thank Allah ?:D lol

Yanal
02-03-2009, 12:12 AM
For finding that money. It's my distiny that I found it and Allah writes our distiny.

aysegul
02-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Thank You Allah ! ı needed 100$..So it makes me happy and alsoo many thanks for writing it to my destiny:D

Yanal
02-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Yes but not the destiny part like that. Specifically like this, Allah I thank you for writing my distiny like this(not for my religious part though:()

aysegul
02-03-2009, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Yes but not the destiny part like that. Specifically like this, Allah I thank you for writing my distiny like this(not for my religious part though:()
okey yanal:D
lets come to the point ...You take money or get it to police?:D

*Yasmin*
02-03-2009, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
assalamu alaykum,

Narrated by Zayd Ibn Khalid Al-Juhani:

"A man asked the Prophet (saw) about the ruling on finding lost gold or silver (i.e.money) abd he (saw) replied, "Remember the description of its container (i.e. purse or the like) and the string it is tied with, and make public announcement about it for one year. The if no one idientifies it, you can utilize it but you have to keep as a trust, and if its owner shows up to reclaim it at any time afterwards, give it to him. Then the man asked him about the ruling on finding lost sheep... (I think the rest isn't relevant here..)

Source: 'A Summary of Islamic Jurisprudence' by Dr Salih al Fawzan. Chapter 3: Finding lost objects (page 195-196)
jazake Allahu khyran sis for posting the Hadith

i heard from ma teacher
if you catch any thing like a money , you can't put it again or leave it, you must do wht was Narrated in da hadith .
pls correct me if i'm wrong

Snowflake
02-04-2009, 04:48 PM
^InshaAllah yes, wa iyyaki. This is what the shariah states. If the money is left, someone else may take it and not necessarily keep it as trust. The ruling benefits both the person who lost the money and its finder.

Cabdullahi
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
give it to me PLZZ ,give some of it to charity and keep the rest thats only if the owner doesnt come forward

halloula
02-08-2009, 01:54 PM
salam as my knowledge are if you find anything lost on the street you should call up for the owner for one year with the description of the lost item in the same place you found dit if he shows upp then you give it to him back if he doesnt then it's yours but i just want to say that these days it might be not relevant as if you call up in the street that you found money hundred person will come up to you claiming it so i would suggest you donate it to charity so you can gain hassana or you keep it for your self

sister_islam
06-22-2009, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Or try find the owner of the money. <_<

Incidentally, I believe I might have lost a sum of money in High Wycombe the other day. I don't remember how much though. Maybe you've found it? :ooh:
:sl:

you serious? or joking?

Beardo
06-23-2009, 12:52 AM
I believe the ruling is you announce the missing item for a year, and if no claims, then it's yours to keep.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-23-2009, 01:42 AM
I would never keep it for myself. I would hope I can find the owner. I don't even spend my own money that I get like on Eid and stuff...what are the chances I'll keep the money I find lol :p Actually I would feel guilty even picking it up...cuz I know I'd prolly not find the owner. Anyone can just come up to you and say it's mine :/ If I happen to do what the hadith says, I'll just give it as sadaqah.

- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister_islam
:sl::sl:

i wanted to ask you what should you when find money on the streets?

thanks

Charity.

MSN
06-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I just ignore it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.