/* */

PDA

View Full Version : zAk the II...farewell.

Umar001
02-03-2009, 01:46 PM

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,
Wa Salaatu Wa Salaam 'Ala Muhammad.

As-Salaamu ‘Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I’ve been Muslim for about 3 years going onto 4; I have spent my time since becoming a Muslim online, especially on LI. Those from old will notice the change in me, through my writings, and I hope it is one for the better.

You should all realise that I was not made mod due to any knowledge, for I am the least amongst you, so whenever I have said something wrong, or oppressed anyone (through editing/deleting etc posts) then forgive me, and if you have the ability then delete such posts of mine, and I entrust you with that.

Whenever I have spoken about topics which cause concern I did not do so due to any desire other than fear for people in general and myself. I did not enjoy such topics or conversations and I hope they did not tarnish any love that people had for me, for I love my brothers and sisters (may Allah make me truthful).

To those that I have spoken to then forgive me and know that I am weak, and I seek Allah’s forgiveness before I perish. Whenever I have wronged you then please do not hold it against me and if you want any form of retribution then ask an admin for my e-mail and I will try my best to make things right.
For those of you who think I think I am better than you then do not think so, for I only act, write, and talk - the way I do because I need more Mercy than you from our Creator.

Anyhow I’m going to be going, so I thought it may be useful to write what I’ve learned, so as to – in a weird way - give back something.

Be careful to speak about Allah that which you do not know. To claim He, subhanahu wa ta’ala, has made something halal which He has not, or made something haram which He has not. Do not give rulings as if the religious matters are easy, when we do not even know the rules and principles used to derived rulings, let alone the authenticity of ahadith and the explanations of verse. For verily people more knowledgeable than you have not been shy, at times, to say “I do not know!”

I remind you to be careful, whom so ever you are, of mixing too much with the opposite gender. No matter how much a person who does not hold Islamic values tells you it is ok. Do not think so. I recall a brother whom I knew from before my days as a Muslim. He never felt the need for building such a barrier, yet one day he informed us of his despair, due to fornication which had befallen him. Allah’s help is sought, be careful!

There are various ways you can safeguard yourself from committing errors and falling into situations, one of the greatest which I have learnt is to start with the name of Allah. This should aid you and your reader to remember him throughout your post.

It should help you, to stop writing sinful material, or avoid giving rulings or opinions from your own self, as you realise that Allah is watching you.

And it should help your reader to realise that Allah is watching and that you knew that and thus help find excuses for you when you commit mistakes.

Also, when you have written your post leave it for a minute and return to it after a while to see if you really want to post it, or whether what you wrote was out of anger or excitement. Ponder over what you have written – is it more likely to be for or against you? Do you really need to post it, or could you remain quiet?

To the non-Muslims, children of Adam, ‘alayhis salam, then I can only say the words which Ibrahim said to his father:

"O my father! Verily! I fear lest a torment from the Most Beneficent (Allāh) overtake you, so that you become a companion of Shaitān (Satan) (in the Hell-fire)." [Tafsir Al-Qurtubī] (Maryam 19:45)

I fear for you, for many of you seem genuine, and I hope that you analyze both the Qur’an and Muhammad, salla Allahu ‘alayhi wa salam, or continue to with an open heart and strive to do good, may God give you the greatest thing!

To the rest Jazaakumullahu Khayr for the knowledge you’ve given me and have high ambitions and stick with the scholars! And finally may Allah re-unite us His Paradise
And as-Salaamu ‘Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Br.al-Habeshi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.