/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bringing someone towards islam

Adiva
02-03-2009, 03:22 PM
How do you bring someone towards islam? Someone who is sitting on the fense? Is there any duas i can read..to make him see the light? I dont know what to do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Donia
02-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Keep talking to him. Try not to come on to strong. Does he have a Quran? Offer one. Remember Allah ta'aala guides whom he wills.

Dawud_uk
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
:sl:

it is a difficult question as you dont mention the persons background, what religion if any does this person follow? what are their beliefs? what do they think themselves about islam?

Adiva
02-10-2009, 05:54 PM
salaam..thank u for he respose...i agree allah guides who he wills..i feel that he is being guided put due to family and society he is fighting it..i have been reading about dawaah and trying not to come on strong...

basically...he did his shahaadah 2 years ago...for me..his family follow hinduism..we had nikah after..he didnt talk about the sha hadah afterwards..he doesnt know much about his families religious values..but does go to certain events..when his parents want him to...i feel he is at a point where he is being pulled..

when i went to umrah last year ..i had such a strange experience... i wanted allah to give me a sign that i should not give up on him...i did umrah for him...that day i had already done a umrah for my brother and tawaaf...my feet were killing..each step hurt...when i had started at safa marwa..walking up and down the hill..i kept stong ..didnt want to stop...on my 6th walk...all the pain vanished from my legs ...i walked up and down with a smile on my face...

im just makin dua that he sees the light..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Adiva
02-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Is ther no advise that anyone can give

Dawud_uk
02-18-2009, 07:25 AM

so he has said his shahadah and is muslim, though in his ignorance as a new muslim he has joined in the kuffar with their religious rites and festivals which he must stop as this is kufr in itself.

does he understand islam? does he accept it fully?

if not then there is no valid nikkah, as a muslimah cannot be married to a non-muslim.

if he does and accepts he must submit only to Allah and follow the Quran and sunnah then you need to start teaching him about the deen.

so he must be taught everything, everything a muslim should know, starting with aqeedah, then salaah, then everything else.

it could also help if you can get a brother from your family to start taking him to the masjid, basically be there as a friend and brother to him and help him in his deen.

corner
02-21-2009, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adiva
Is ther no advise that anyone can give
Give him some of "Dr Zakir Naiks" lectures on Hinduism and the prophecies of all the religions, such as Christianity,buddism, Hinduism, and so on..

Give him some lectures from Ahmad deedat, try to bring him closer to Islam through Lectures rather than books because I assume he doesnt read much?

Try to give him some HArun Yahya tapes about the Miracles of Islam, also try to give him some documentary or something about Islam and/or Muhammed(saw)!

This is the easiest way to make Da'wah, and it is effectful if you know what he looks for, but the best way is to sit and talk and show him Ahadeth and verses from the Qur'an and to explain matters of faith!

Also, sister, watch some of Dr Zakir Naiks and/or Ahmad deedats lectures yourself, it is very good because you learn how to do Da'wah!

Salaam

saba muslimah
02-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Salam Evry1,
Well simple follow the Rules Of our Last Prophet Peace be upon him..
the best way to bringing someone towards ISLAM...it dosen't matter which religion they have. or they belive but first we have true & complete knowledge about our islam ,,, then we will bring sum1...

Adiva
03-01-2009, 12:20 PM
thank you all for your response.. he understands islam a great deal..The past year i have been doing aalot of my own research on comparitive religious studies..Dr Zakhir Naik..Ahmed Deedat..and have quotes a lot of things that i have heard. Yes he did the nikhah for me but i feel he understands the truth behind it..he is very stubborn so its hard for him to agree with me all the time .. sometimes i have to do things and make him think it was his idea..complicated i knw..

his mother has a huge influence in his life and he is close to her.. i feel like it is a fight he is having inside on his own where he realises the true faith bt fears change or lettin people down..he wont talk to me about it.. i do now know alot about hinduism so i have challenged him in converstaion..using the vedas..he knows very little but only does things to make his mum happy and i think also because they are the ways he has only known..

everything i do ..i explain the reasons behind it so he understands.. i am still looking for someone. a brother who can make him feel comfortable and ease him into the understanding of islam.. he belives in the oneness of allah.. its hard for me as the area we live in is full of hindus..who are lovely people..but its not helping my situ.. i pray a lot and read a hadeeth that said that its hard for a woman to preach and lecture someone into islam but she should make dua..

Allah chooses the souls he wants to guide to his light..i believe his is one.. maybe i just neeed to be patient

Dawud_uk
03-01-2009, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adiva
thank you all for your response.. he understands islam a great deal..The past year i have been doing aalot of my own research on comparitive religious studies..Dr Zakhir Naik..Ahmed Deedat..and have quotes a lot of things that i have heard. Yes he did the nikhah for me but i feel he understands the truth behind it..he is very stubborn so its hard for him to agree with me all the time .. sometimes i have to do things and make him think it was his idea..complicated i knw..

his mother has a huge influence in his life and he is close to her.. i feel like it is a fight he is having inside on his own where he realises the true faith bt fears change or lettin people down..he wont talk to me about it.. i do now know alot about hinduism so i have challenged him in converstaion..using the vedas..he knows very little but only does things to make his mum happy and i think also because they are the ways he has only known..

everything i do ..i explain the reasons behind it so he understands.. i am still looking for someone. a brother who can make him feel comfortable and ease him into the understanding of islam.. he belives in the oneness of allah.. its hard for me as the area we live in is full of hindus..who are lovely people..but its not helping my situ.. i pray a lot and read a hadeeth that said that its hard for a woman to preach and lecture someone into islam but she should make dua..

Allah chooses the souls he wants to guide to his light..i believe his is one.. maybe i just neeed to be patient

which part of the uk are you two living in?

if the midlands then i'll jump on the train and come meet him myself, if london i know plenty of brothers who could come meet him inshallah and have a talk.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.