PDA

View Full Version : Arguing parents

anonymous
02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Curious.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
02-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Dont really argue with my parents. But these days yea alot.

sevgi
02-04-2009, 11:10 AM
There was no middle ground in the options above...but yeah, often.

AnonymousPoster
02-04-2009, 03:07 PM
My parents never argue, they're two love birds, but I argue with my mum a lot, never with my dad though..strange.:coolalien

ANon2

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
02-04-2009, 03:44 PM
I argue only on big things with my mom if my sister sweared and got of the hook. That's about it so rarely.

Soulja Girl
02-04-2009, 04:39 PM
:sl:

No hamdulillah... =)

:w:

KashifB
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
My parents hardly argued ever but I argue all the time with my wife !

Silver
02-04-2009, 04:58 PM
They don't argue a lot...

Intisar
02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
:w: They hardly ever argue, and when they do it's in a joking way. Like those old bickering couples who are in love as ever mashaa'Allaah. :D

tresbien
02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
when parents get older,they argue and nag

AhlaamBella
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Not really. . . usually over me. My mum understands me, my step-father isn't sensitive at all. Not good to be honest

AnonymousPoster
02-04-2009, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tresbien
when parents get older,they argue and nag
agree.....

they are made my life like a hell......and always argue for the most stupid and silly reasons in the world....and its me who always the victim since I am the only daughter living in the home with them

may allah guide them to the right path one day, especially my father

Anon3

AhlaamBella
02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

Anon3
Ameeen :)

Zahida
02-04-2009, 10:24 PM
:sl:Tut Tut!!:w::bump1:
format_quote Originally Posted by KashifB
My parents hardly argued ever but I argue all the time with my wife !

Zahida
02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
:sl: Sorry to hear that little one May Allah guide us All in the right path Ameen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,imsad:w:
agree.....

they are made my life like a hell......and always argue for the most stupid and silly reasons in the world....and its me who always the victim since I am the only daughter living in the home with them

Anon3

KashifB
02-05-2009, 09:53 AM
agree.....

Anon3
I feel sorry for you and I hope they realise how they are affecting you by arguing all the time. BTW, I'm pretty sure hell will be much worse than this !

The Ruler
02-06-2009, 11:42 PM
agree.....

Ah I see, I went through that phase 2 years ago. And now my sisters are going through it. Most of the times I'm unaware of the arguments because I'm usually up in my room with headphones... Last time, my sister came to my room and started crying and all I told her was to get over it (and get out of my room). It happens. Give it time and time heals. Most of the time if not always.

Faseeha
02-07-2009, 11:17 AM

It's very common, and i personally believe that parents who constantly argue in front of their children are quite selfish because they don't think of the negative effect it has on the kids.

AnonymousPoster
02-07-2009, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Ah I see, I went through that phase 2 years ago. And now my sisters are going through it. Most of the times I'm unaware of the arguments because I'm usually up in my room with headphones... Last time, my sister came to my room and started crying and all I told her was to get over it (and get out of my room). It happens. Give it time and time heals. Most of the time if not always.
its because I am the only one so there is no way to talk to any other one in the family....I feel that I cant handle it anymore, so I start ignoring it and act as if nothing is happening

format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim

It's very common, and i personally believe that parents who constantly argue in front of their children are quite selfish because they don't think of the negative effect it has on the kids.
very true....
not only that, each one of them come to me telling me about the other, as if they want me to hate the other side
I feel creepy, I fed up from both of them....I really cant handle it anymore, each one of them want to appear in front of me as the right side

Wallahi I am making a lot of duaa for both of them that allah guide them one day to the right path and to stop their childish action. My father dont like to admit if he was wrong.....I have never seen him did that and said sorry to mom, she is always the one who apologize even if she did nothing wrong

I think I am in a great test with those two, so please make duaa for me

The Ruler
02-07-2009, 12:30 PM
its because I am the only one so there is no way to talk to any other one in the family....I feel that I cant handle it anymore, so I start ignoring it and act as if nothing is happening
I am the eldest amongst my siblings. And if anything, it is always me that has to fix things. I did that the time before the last time. And by doing that I found out that getting involved is more disgusting than not getting involved. Being the eldest and having youger siblings is much worse, because at times like this, they expect something from me I can't give.

Ignoring what's happening is something that can't just be done. I find my refuge is manga/anime and my conscience. Perhaps you ought to find something that can take your mind off things?

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Sometimes I can handle my parents' argueing now, knowing that next year or a year after, I won't be seeing this anymore. It keeps me going. =]

AnonymousPoster
02-07-2009, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
I am the eldest amongst my siblings. And if anything, it is always me that has to fix things. I did that the time before the last time. And by doing that I found out that getting involved is more disgusting than not getting involved. Being the eldest and having youger siblings is much worse, because at times like this, they expect something from me I can't give.

Ignoring what's happening is something that can't just be done. I find my refuge is manga/anime and my conscience. Perhaps you ought to find something that can take your mind off things?

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Sometimes I can handle my parents' argueing now, knowing that next year or a year after, I won't be seeing this anymore. It keeps me going. =]
to be honest I found my refugee in memorizing Quran and here in LI, looking around here and seeing how some people are struggling to find the true path is make my problem to me nothing, it make me always grateful that I am in better situation than some people who have more problems than me.....
Alhumulilah I am doing a good progress in memorizing so far all thanks to Allah, so this make feel better.....I always have this verse in my mind
"but it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you,"
I am 21

but even though, please pray for me, I have some hard times with my parent

Faseeha
02-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Have you ever tried talking to either of your parents, telling them how you feel about their arguing all the time? Maybe if u said something to them it could help?

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
:salamext:

My mother passed away now, Rahimahaa Allaah, but I don't recall ever seeing my parents argue. And they'd only ever speak of each other in praise and grattitude. Al-Hamdulillaah, that was a really blessed environment to grow up in.

~SkYWaLkeR~
02-07-2009, 06:01 PM
al hamdulilah...my parents rarely argue..

AhlaamBella
02-07-2009, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
And they'd only ever speak of each other in praise and grattitude. Al-Hamdulillaah, that was a really blessed environment to grow up in.
Alhamdulilah that is so true. When parents argue it is really stressful for the children to witness

Ummu Sufyaan
02-08-2009, 07:28 AM
agree.....

cant you somehow talk to them? or get someone else to? help them to realise thier mistakes, etc... please have patience with them. don't ignore them, they clearly need some kinda help, innit :) ummm....be paitent when with the whole taking sides thingee, and try just take each day as it comes, as each matter as its thrown at you. this whole life is about tests and trials, in one way or another we are bound to be tested in matters we dont like. face the music when you need to...just have sabr and make dua.

they're your parents, your're their daughter, treat the situation with much delicacy. as so not to let one think that you are taking sides with another (even though you may not be, but this is how none-the-less they'll take it...)

sorry if anything has been repeated, i havent read all posts :-[

halloula
02-08-2009, 02:23 PM
they rarely does al hamdulilah

Raizins
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
My parents are divorced. >_< So I guess I don't need to answer this question...

sshussain
02-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I only used to insist my mom to cook my favorite dish. :D

muslim sister)
02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Even if my dad makes mom angry my mom never argues with him,my dearest mom is really tolerant person, I wish I could be like her
I miss my mommy,I am studying far away from home :(

Abdul Wahid
02-15-2009, 03:14 PM
My parents are constantly arguing. I do dua to ALLAH(SWT) that he guides and that they are good to each other. MashaALLAH my dad is a very good man, he prays 5 times a day and he puts up with a lot. I do dua that my mum comes on to the right path. Sometimes I think that my dad is super-human, the amount that he has put up with. Nevertheless they are both my parents and InshaALLAH I will continue doing dua for them and that they stay happy.

AnonymousPoster
02-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Every single day, mostly over money.
In the car, at home thats why I don't go anywhere with them.
With 5 younger siblings, it gets quite frustrating , Its been going on since I was 6/7 probably from before but my memories are from that time on. I mostly ignore it, unless it gets physical at which point I try to break it up or prevent it as much as I can.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.