/* */

PDA

View Full Version : zakat and ramadan

islam19241924
02-04-2009, 11:16 PM
:sl:
salam to all brothers and sisters

i have a 2 questions,

before i turned back to islam i missed a lot of fasting during ramadan for many years, probably around 10 years.

what is the ruling upon this issue, do i need to make up for all the missed days?

my second question is that for many years i havent payed zakat, i ve decided to calculate using my bank statement to pay for all those years missed, my question isnt regarding how to calculate zakat but do i have to pay something called fidyah? and if yes how do i calculate that.

may allah reward those with the intention of helping me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sshussain
02-04-2009, 11:36 PM
do i have to pay something called fidyah? and if yes how do i calculate that.

may allah reward those with the intention of helping me.[/QUOTE]

As Salaam Alikum,
Masha Allah, its nice to hear that you are practicing the obligatory duties in Islam. Allah guides who ever HE wants, HE is independent of whatever exists between the earth and the heavens.
Its better if you ask any good scholar, He might be able to give you a good advice help you out. May Allah give us all to obey HIM to HIS pleasure.

Here is a website, in shaa ALLAH they might help.
www.islamqa.com

Yanal
02-05-2009, 12:30 AM
No you said when you turned back which tells us that you were not a muslim meaning you were not obligated but now you are.

Yanal
02-05-2009, 12:52 AM
O then it's nessecary to do that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islam19241924
02-05-2009, 01:14 AM
sorry forgot to mention i was not a practising muslim before but now i am

islam19241924
02-05-2009, 07:35 AM
ive been searching on google to find an answer and nearly all the opinions is that is for each ramadan i missed intentionally (no matter how many days) i must perform kafara and qadaa.

to perform kafara:
must pay to free a slave
if you cant free a slave then you must fast consecutively for 60 days
if you cant fast for 60 days you must feed 60 poor people

plus you must perform qadaa as well based on how many days missed

most of the opinions are from fatwas but one of them did give me a evidence:

narrated by Abu Huraira in the following Hadeeth: "A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "I am ruined." The Prophet asked, "What do you mean?" He said, "I had a sexual intercourse with my wife during Ramadan (while fasting)." The Prophet asked him, "Can you manumit a slave?" He replied in the negative. He then asked him, "Can you fast for two successive months continuously" He replied in the negative. The Prophet then asked him, "Can you feed sixty poor persons?" He replied in the negative. In the meantime an Ansari came with a basket full of dates. The Prophet said to the man, "Take it and give it in charity (as an expiation of your sin)." The man said "Should I give it to some people who are poorer than we O Allah's Apostle? By Him Who has sent you with the truth, there is no family between Medina's two mountains poorer than we." Allah's Apostle told him to take it and provide his family with it. Allah knows best.

most of the answers from fatwas are based on questions missing one day of ramadan but i found a couple stating the amount of days missed makes no difference

ok now to praise allah for not giving me a wife!:D i have plenty of fasting to do

:sl:

ps. as for not paying zakat i still havent found an answer if i have to pay fidya or something else

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.