/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Less people are speaking arabic these days!!

Silver
02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
:sl:

It seems to me that less people are speaking arabic these days.

Most of the muslims come from non-arabic countries and don't speak arabic. Some are trying to learn which is great...but wouldn't it be better if arabic was taught in schools as a 2nd language (in muslim countries)?

Muslims should also teach their children how to speak arabic when they are young because children learn faster than adults...
Armenians in Lebanon for example, learn arabic and armenian when they are young and speak both languages fluently... I think that muslims can do the same, they should teach their children their native language and arabic.

Even in arabic countries, arabic isn't as important as it used to be. In Lebanon, people prefer to speak in french and english. Arabic is not regarded as important, I rarely even write anything in arabic!! In school and universities, we use either french or english.

I am worried because arabic is the language of the Quran, and if people don't understand arabic that means they won't read the Quran or will read it but won't understand anything.
As a result muslims might have less faith and become weaker than they already are.

Muslims should pay attention to this and begin to give more importance to arabic: the language of the Holy Quran.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
02-05-2009, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
:sl:
but wouldn't it be better if arabic was taught in schools as a 2nd language (in muslim countries)?
agree....its the language of the quran which the islamic country believe in
I have been always wonder why they dont teach arabic

I rarely even write anything in arabic!! In school and universities, we use either french or english.
even my arabic handwriting is messy now because it has been a while since I write in Arabic very frequently as my old days

not only that, but if u noticed that many Uni students or teenagers start to use many English words in their daily Arabic conversation which lead us to a strange language start to spread among those teenageres....this is putting the language in danger

Silver
02-05-2009, 12:57 PM
even my arabic handwriting is messy now because it has been a while since I write in Arabic very frequently as my old days
My handwriting is messy too!! :( Last time, i wrote a whole sentence in arabic, I was in my last year of school...

not only that, but if u noticed that many Uni students or teenagers start to use many English words in their daily Arabic conversation which lead us to a strange language start to spread among those teenageres....this is putting the language in danger
Some of my classmates look down on those who use only arabic in conversations thinking that they do that because they're not very fluent in french :(

crayon
02-05-2009, 01:06 PM
"but wouldn't it be better if arabic was taught in schools as a 2nd language (in muslim countries)?"

It would be better, of course.
But we must remember that a lot of the governments of "muslim" countries don't really care much about the islam of their people. These governments would gain nothing from teaching arabic in their schools, so they won't do it.

So it ends up having to be an individual effort when non native speakers have to learn arabic, and not everyone has the time or resources available to learn, so they just use the bare minimum they need.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Caller الداعي
02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
salams !
a really good idea:
our teacher used to teach arabic in mosques around the country as part of arabic revival program in which scholars and ppl who knew arabic were sent to mosques in the city and arabic was taught after magrib til esha for a few months!!! the results were very good and even if the ppl didnt fully learn the language atleast it created an atmosphere and an awarness of its importance!!
maybe something like that can be started on a smaller scale!!

~SkYWaLkeR~
02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Assalamu alaikom,
Arabic is the best language ever!!
it is awesome!
:D

Whatsthepoint
02-06-2009, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
"but wouldn't it be better if arabic was taught in schools as a 2nd language (in muslim countries)?"

It would be better, of course.
But we must remember that a lot of the governments of "muslim" countries don't really care much about the islam of their people. These governments would gain nothing from teaching arabic in their schools, so they won't do it.

So it ends up having to be an individual effort when non native speakers have to learn arabic, and not everyone has the time or resources available to learn, so they just use the bare minimum they need.
What do governments gain from teaching English in schools?
Schools teach English because it is an universal languauge used in science, business, everywhere, Arabic has some religious significance.

crayon
02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
"Arabic has some religious significance."

It does, but the secular governments of islamic countries don't care about religion, so they won't bother with arabic.
English though, like you said, is currently a universal language, so their people and country will only be able to advance in medicine, science, economics, etc. if they know it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.