/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You Cannot Please Everyone!

highway_trekker
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM
[PIE]A man said to al-Hasan al-Basri (rahimahullah):
'The people sit around you so that they may find fault with you!' So he said, 'Indeed, I encouraged my soul to aspire for Paradise so it aspired for it. Then I encouraged it to aspire for salvation from Hellfire and so it aspired for it. Then I encouraged it to aspire for salvation from the people, but I didn't find a way to that. Indeed, the people were not pleased with their Creator although He provides for them, so how can they be pleased with another creation like themselves?' [1]

Prophet Musa ('alayhisalam) said: 'O my Lord, the people say things about me which are not (i.e. not true)! So Allah revealed to him: 'O Musa, I did not make that (privilege) for Myself, so how can I make it the case for you?' [2]

Malik ibn Dinar: 'Since I have known (the reality of) people, I have not taken delight in their praise nor have I hated their criticism.' It was said to him, 'Why is that?' He said, 'The one who praises from amongst them is excessive and the critic from amongst them exaggerates!' [3]

'Aisha (radhiallahu `anha) wrote to Mu'awiya (radhiallahu `anhu): 'Salamun 'alayk. Amma ba'd, I have heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) say, 'Whoever gains the Pleasure of Allah by the anger of the people (i.e. thereby gains their anger), Allah suffices him of the people's troubles. And whoever gains the pleasure of the people by the Anger of Allah (i.e. in the process he gains His Anger), then Allah leaves him to the people.' Wa-Salaamu 'alayk.' [4]

Imam al-Shafi'i: 'There is nobody except that he has someone who loves him and someone who hates him. So if that's the case, let a person be with the people who are obedient to Allah `azza wa jall!' (- as they love and hate for the Sake of Allah and they are not unjust) [5][/PIE]

References:

[1] Al-Bidaya wal-Nihaya (9/318 )

[2] Al-Adaab al-Shar'iyyah by Ibn Muflih (1/38 )

[3] Tarikh Dimishq (59/307)

[4] Reported by al-Tirmidhi in Kitab al-Zuhd (no. 2414), declared Sahih by al-Albani

[5] Hilyat al-Awliya (9/124)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhlaamBella
02-05-2009, 08:50 PM
SubhanAllah. so true. JazakAllah Khayr for sharing :thumbs_up

Donia
02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
JazakAllah khayr. That was a really nice post mashAllah.

transition?
02-06-2009, 01:51 AM
:sl:

Ameen. So true.
I've spent my youth trying to "fit in" and being accepted. Doing things so you can have attention and have others give you compliments is surely not a guided life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
highway_trekker
02-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Wa'eeyaakum

AnonyMouse~
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
wow...so true.

i needed this read!

jazakAllah khair!

*Yasmin*
02-08-2009, 10:39 PM
i can't please my self ,i'm wondering how to please the people
anyway, jazake Allahu khayran sis , good post

Mujahidah4Allah
02-10-2009, 06:03 PM
:sl:

mashaAllah good post n reminder...

wa/salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!