/* */

PDA

View Full Version : problem with life

anonymous
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
hello there,
this is my first time posting because im in a awkward situation.
im 20 years old and have had a gf for the past 4 years. before the bashing occurs or what not for having one i know what people have to say but i couldn't marry someone unless i truly know them. the only problem i have now is well she's a christian convert, her father is muslim ( he married a white lady who was christian). now honestly, to me i'd love for her to be muslim but will i go to hell for marrying her? because im planning on getting engaged with her in a few months after she finishes school.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
02-06-2009, 09:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
hello there,
this is my first time posting because im in a awkward situation.
im 20 years old and have had a gf for the past 4 years. before the bashing occurs or what not for having one i know what people have to say but i couldn't marry someone unless i truly know them. the only problem i have now is well she's a christian convert, her father is muslim ( he married a white lady who was christian). now honestly, to me i'd love for her to be muslim but will i go to hell for marrying her? because im planning on getting engaged with her in a few months after she finishes school.
Hey,

Hell? Stop thinking about whether or not you will go to hell.

To me, marriage is about practicality. Will she be able to cater for you? At the end of the day, you should be marrying someone who will take you closer to Allah. But I am not to judge. So you love her...nice. Well, in islam, you are allowed to marry a non-muslim woman as long as she is willing to embrace islam soon. So nah, you won't go to hell.

However...if you guys dnt live a good exemplory islamic life and your kids grow up questioning islam..and god...then guess what...Allah is gonna give you a harsh question/answer session in the next life. Think of the repercussions your extended and immediate family and ur own faith will experience from this. for example...ur kids will become closer to their christian cousins than their muslim cousins..they will be confused little buggers...what then? force islam onto them?

For your sake, I hope she converts and you guys can provide a clean, clear-cut islamic lifestyle for them to take in and embrace.

peace.

sevgi
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
*waits for people who can be bothered to find verses of Quran and Hadith about men marrying non muslim women*

sshussain
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Quran states that Muslims are allowed to marry the females of the People of the Book (Jews and Christians).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
02-06-2009, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sshussain
Quran states that Muslims are allowed to marry the females of the People of the Book (Jews and Christians).
Not just any Jew or xtian, there are conditions she must meet. Like she has to be of good character n actually been chaste..as in no fooling around etc be4 marriage. She also must believe in the oneness of God.

I'm sure that a non-Muslim woman like that exists tho i wud imagine it wud be 1 in a million, but I wud not reccommend it, I mean its already hard enuff to be a good Muslim wen both ur parents are Muslims, Imagine. To each their own..

Dawud_uk
02-07-2009, 06:37 AM
:sl:

as others have pointed out this is a very bad idea for you to marry a christian.

for a start is it even permissable, as the above poster stated there are conditions on marrying a woman of the book, i.e she has to be a believer in tawhid (such as the unitarian christians you get in some parts of the west and africa) and chaste.

now chaste means she has never been touched, kissed etc outside of marriage. brother you've been her bf for the past four years so you know the answer to this.

finally as another issue learn a lesson from the example shown by this girls father who married a christian and then saw his children raised upon disbelief, do you really want to be so selfish as to marry this girl because you like her and then see you future children go into the hellfire if they dont accept islam?

many such marriages break down in the west, and when they do the judges ALWAYS sides with the non muslim parent and gives them custody as it is in keeping with the norms of society.

brother think again about this relationship and fear Allah not just for yourself but your future family as well.

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.