/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what happens on wedding night?

AnonymousPoster
02-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Asalam alaikum,
I am a revert and I am inshallah getting married soon, that is when I find the right person.
my question comes about after nikkah is done, then on the wedding night what is supposed to happen? I won't know this person alot, so Is expected to be intimate that first night or can you wait until your ready and know them more? I'm to nervous to ask this in person:-[
JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
02-06-2009, 07:12 PM
First Mabrook! May ALlah bless ur marriage ameen n make u one another the coolness of each others eyes ameen.:sunny:

Ofcourse u can wait n take it slow. There is nothing wrong wit that. I assume ur a sister so the way u feel is normal, as I have heard similar stories from sisters who felt this way n I don't blame them.

I think wat happens on the wedding night, is wat the husband n wife want, u don't have to follow any rules. Wen Allah makes u husband n wife, u can share anything, incl: letting him know how u feel. InshaAllah he'll understand.

AhlaamBella
02-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I have heard that if you are a virgin you can take it slow

nebula
02-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Well i reckon the first thing that would happen would be that you finally realised your married, your stuck for life! AAH then you go smash your head on the wall... lol nah...

Anything can happen on the wedding night akhi/ukthi... theres nothing that your suppose to do.. just go with the flow... fly like a buttefly sting like a bee

imsad wish i could get married yet people make the halal so hard for me and the haraam incredibly easy to get..!

GOOD LUCK, good health long life!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
02-06-2009, 07:59 PM
What happens on the wedding night?
Well, if the husband and wife love each other very much they turn on the PlayStation and whup the hell out of each other on Street Fighter.

The Ruler
02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
You you could just peacefully go to sleep. I mean, a wedding day is tiring regardless of how little time you spend on the actual ceremony.

Caller الداعي
02-06-2009, 08:08 PM
salam !!!
mashalla its good to see muslims espc. reverts eager to learn and seek every detail of life according to islamic teachings may Allah give u a pious perfect husband who fears Allah and fulfils his duties to his Lord and the people ameen!
anyway there is nothing which is fard or obligatory on that night not to my knowledge but there are aadabs and ettiqutes from sunnah which can be found easily.
there r arabic books out there which have been written on this topic i.e. the road to marriage! but as i said in arabic however english i have not read myslef but im sure u can find one inshallah!

nebula
02-06-2009, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Well, if the husband and wife love each other very much they turn on the PlayStation and whup the hell out of each other on Street Fighter.
haha :P ur a joka bro

AhlaamBella
02-06-2009, 09:12 PM
You could just stay up talking properly one-to-one instead of will Mahrem and Wali:)

tresbien
02-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Some Advice & Etiquettes for the Wedding Night| Sheikh Sâmî al-Mâjid|

The first wedding night is like no other. It is the night where two people embark upon life in a whole new world with its own unique qualities and experiences.

It is a doorway that is being crossed for the first time. The two people are able for the first time to enjoy what has always before been forbidden to them. This new permissibility applies to only one person. For the husband, this person is his wife, his life-partner, the woman who is going to be the mother of his children. Should not this woman deserve to be treated with the utmost care, consideration, and sensitivity from the very first moment?

True, this is not the first experience that this young man will have had in dealing with women. He will have grown up surrounded by his mother, his sisters, and other female relatives. However, though he will have been interacting with these people for many years, that interaction will have had limits placed upon it. There will remain secrets, a world hidden from view.

However, the meeting of a husband and a wife for the first time changes all of that. It is the beginning of a whole new kind of relationship, in many ways deeper and more personal than any other relationship that he will ever have, bringing with it a deluge of unique experiences and considerations. Between the husband and wife, nothing remains hidden. There are no veils and no barriers, and no shameful parts. How could there be, since the husband is a garment for his wife and she is a garment for him. They are to seek comfort and tranquility in one another.

What does the wedding night mean for the husband? It signifies the end of one important stage in life and the beginning of another, one that will assume for the rest of his time on Earth. This means that he should take care to start off this new life correctly, taking every step with the utmost care, deliberation, and patience, and knowing full well the direction in which he wishes to proceed.

The wedding night should be a night filled with tenderness, intimacy, affection, and joy. In that night, the husband should be seeking to establish ties of love and affection with his wife and placate her worries and her fears about the new life she has just embarked upon, so that she feels secure and at peace with him.

There are some etiquettes that have been related to us regarding the wedding night that we wish to remind every newlywed about, that perhaps he will benefit from them:

1. The husband should place his hand upon his wife's head and offer a supplication for her.

He should place his hand upon the front part of her head at the time when he first starts to approach her or after that. He should mention the name of Allah Almighty and then pray for blessings, and then say the supplication that was taught to us by the Prophet (peace be upon him): “O Allah! I ask of you the good of her and the good of what you have placed in her nature, and I seek refuge with you from the bad in her and the bad that you have placed in her nature.” [ Sunan Abî Dâwûd (2160) Sunan Ibn Mâjah (1918) Mustadrak al-Hâkim (2811) and Sunan al-Bayhaqî (7/148)]

The hadith speaks about taking hold of her forelock upon reciting this supplication. However, there is nothing wrong if the husband abandons some Sunnah practice like that one if he feels it could bring about some negative consequence, like angering his wife or causing her to feel an aversion to him. Such feelings might come about if the woman is unaware of this Sunnah and she misunderstands its intended meaning.

It is not a condition for this supplication that his wife should hear it. There is nothing wrong if the husband recites the supplication in such a manner that it is only audible to him. There is nothing mentioned in the hadîth to indicate that it is preferable to say it loudly.

2. The husband and wife should offer two units of prayer together. This is an established practice of the pious predecessors, as related in the following narrations:

Abû Sa`îd, the freedman of Abû Usayd, said:

I got married while I was a slave, so I invited a number of the Prophet's Companions, including Ibn Mas`ûd, Abû Dharr, and Hudhayfah. We started to offer prayers and Abû Dharr went forward. They said to him: “Hold up.”

He said: “Is this so?”

They said: “Yes”, whereupon I went forward to lead the prayers, though I was a slave and possession.

They taught me, saying: “When your wife enters upon you, pray two units of prayer, then ask Allah for the good of what has entered upon you and seek his refuge from the bad of it. Then the matter is for you and your wife.” [ Musannaf Ibn Abî Shaybah (17147) and Musannaf `Abd al-Razzâq (3822)]

Shaqîq said:

A man called Abû Jarîr came and said: “I have just married a young lady and I fear that she shall dislike me.”

`Abd Allah b. Mas`ûd said: “Affection is from Allah and dislike is from Satan who wishes to make you dislike what Allah has made lawful to you. So, when she comes to you, bid her pray with you two units of prayer. Then say: ‘O Allah, bless me in my family and bless them in me. O Allah! Bring us together in what you bring together in goodness. And cause us to part, when we part, towards goodness.” [ Musannaf `Abd al-Razzâq (10460-10461), Mu`jam al-Tabarânî al-Awsat (4018) and Mu`jam al-Tabarânî al-Kabîr (9/204) – all of these with authentic chains of transmission]

It is important for us to take heed of the fact that this practice of offering two units of prayer together is not established on the authority of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Consequently, it is not something that we should become stern about putting into practice. Likewise, we should not think to blame anyone who does not do so, as if it was an established and indisputable Sunnah that was being neglected.

The issue is an easy one. If the husband and wife wish to postpone the two units of prayer until later, they may do so. They may wish to spend time together first, speaking, relaxing, and getting to know one another, so she may overcome the fear and shyness that she is likely to feel.

taken from http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cf...sub_cat_id=696
SEE ALSO

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive...ng=E&id=139469

crayon
02-07-2009, 09:21 AM
"The husband and wife should offer two units of prayer together."

That is so beautiful.

To the thread starter-
What happens on the wedding night is whatever you want to happen; simple as that.:)

Ushae
02-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Bwahahahaha ! Genius !

sevgi
02-09-2009, 12:17 PM
HAH!

Street fighter? I'd rather play Assasin's Creed....coz Altaïr Ibn La-Ahad is bloody gorgeous.

Maybe then my kids would look like him.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

its all halal so go with the flow.

personally i would never want to rush things, and make sure everyones happy :)

Cabdullahi
02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
first night of marriage.....erm tell sweety to stay at home and hook up with your mates and chill,when you come back food should be on the table,if there's nothing then she has failed the first test

im kidding.........just take it slow,stay with her,perhaps helping each other cook dinner and then go outside into the garden and watch the stars while talking and stuff

S_87
02-09-2009, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Asalam alaikum,
I am a revert and I am inshallah getting married soon, that is when I find the right person.
my question comes about after nikkah is done, then on the wedding night what is supposed to happen? I won't know this person alot, so Is expected to be intimate that first night or can you wait until your ready and know them more? I'm to nervous to ask this in person:-[
JazakAllah
its not necessary to be intimate, but that IS what generally happens...

جوري
04-13-2009, 01:13 AM
I was about to write, rent a movie from netflix and butter up some popcorn but playstation works too...

AntiKarateKid
04-13-2009, 01:46 AM
You could be funny and... right when you're feeling REALLY sleepy act intimate... Then fall asleep on her! Preferably with loud snoring.

Joking of course, because I assume you want to STAY married to her :rollseyes

Sahabiyaat
04-13-2009, 12:29 PM
:D lol @ all the replies

I think following the sunnah of the dua and the salah, to begin with is great.Because i mean, your both sitting there....like....er..hi, how r u , blah blah and its so nerve wrecking! atleast this way u have sum guidelines to busy yourself with. And ofcourse a gift should be given to the wife, which i think is a traditon anway.

I think the best thing to to do is NOT to consumate the marriage on the first night..Rather I think you should relax, talk, watch a movie, or even go for a walk! (without the knowledge of the sleeping household ofcourse, otherwise they will find this very strange!).

anonymous
04-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Lol! It seems so obvious now you think about it!

anonymous
04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Whatever the couple decides is what they should do. No point in pressurising yourself under false expectations from society or whatever.

burdenofbeing
04-14-2009, 01:53 AM
it all depends. I think the most important part is, how much you know your spouse, and the level of familiarity you have.

sleeping together in the same bed for the first time is a strong experience all by itself. we were so uncomfortable! Of course now it's the reverse.

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by burdenofbeing
sleeping together in the same bed for the first time is a strong experience all by itself. we were so uncomfortable! Of course now it's the reverse.
:rolleyes: and...thank you for that information.lovely to know.

Güven
04-14-2009, 04:54 PM

this is actually a very good idea...

Im serious.

burdenofbeing
04-14-2009, 04:56 PM
:( ok...

Sahabiyaat
^ not really
i can be quite a sour loser
and if he dont let me win, am gna cry :'(.Thatll confuse him :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
:sl:

Go for a long drive together and spend your first Fajr together on a beach near the waves, then watch the sun rise over the water..sit, relax and spend time with each other.

AnonymousPoster
04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

Simple!!

1. Stress out! Look at eachother, and see what you got eachother into!

or

2 Stress free!! Look at eachother, and see what eachother wants to do!

Assalamu Alaykum
AnonSymous

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 04:59 PM
thats is all ver'ahhhhhhhhh' ^ but what would families actually think of this whole getting out of the house on the first night.

I bet they would find it seriously weired and would even assume somethings wrong!! , that u wanna leave the house!

u can only do these things if you have ur own home, which most people dont when they first get married.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-14-2009, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
thats is all ver'ahhhhhhhhh' ^ but what would families actually think of this whole getting out of the house on the first night.

I bet they would find it seriously weired and would even assume somethings wrong!! , that u wanna leave the house!

u can only do these things if you have ur own home, which most people dont when they first get married.
They usually get you to stay in a hotel during the first couple of nights..at least in my family. I cannot imagine getting married and taking my wife back to my family's house the very first night! That would just be...completely wrong :offended:

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zayd
They usually get you to stay in a hotel during the first couple of nights..at least in my family. I cannot imagine getting married and taking my wife back to my family's house the very first night! That would just be...completely wrong :offended:
wow.....really

well in my family and wider family friends, that would be utterly disrespectful and unacceptable.

i remember some distant relatives, they got married and decided to go to a hotel straight away.

some very bad things were said about them later on, like how shameless the girl was to do that....(to openly imply that they wanted to get away from everyone, ofcourse to be intimate)

i know...its so silly.....:muddlehea .and weired, but then again my lot have a weired way of thinking.

ur family is cool akhee.

جوري
04-14-2009, 05:16 PM
what the.. why get married if you don't have a place to stay? one of the things that need to be fulfilled in order to be married is financial independence to bare the obligation..

I have never heard of a hotel or family home, I think they are both rather creepy and uncomfortable.. to be honest this is truly the first I have ever heard of this.. sob7an Allah, do people honey moon in their parents' home? :offended::offended::offended:

burdenofbeing
04-14-2009, 05:17 PM
it's a cultural thing. in Turkey bringing the bride to the groom's house is common. many keep living there for years as well.

I had my own house, so it was not too much of a problem. My parents did find it odd that we invited lots of our friends for breakfast the next day though. :P

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
sob7an Allah, do people honey moon in their parents' home? :offended::offended::offended:
:rolleyes: welcome to my world.unless i go outside the family, thats what i got to look foward to :offended:

nebula
04-14-2009, 05:21 PM
In the pakistani culture, the bride is ment to stay in the inlaws house and it is very hated and disrespectful if the bride wants to have her own house.

Usually if she asks for her own house or place then this causes a lot of problems and tension between within the inlaws!

edit: i have seen this happen.

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 05:22 PM
My parents did find it odd that we invited lots of our friends for breakfast the next day though. :P
omg u did that,did ur wife mind ?

burdenofbeing
04-14-2009, 05:23 PM
omg u did that,did ur wife mind ?
we wouldn't do it if she minded. we both wanted it to be so. fun times...

Raudha
04-14-2009, 05:25 PM

I think every couple has a right to complete privacy at all times..and more so on their first night..If the husband cannot afford a separate home then the logical thing to do is to @ least take his wife to a hotel for their first few nights..for the family to have a problem with this sounds rather inquisitive.

And yeh...I don't think people should spend their honeymoons around family and friends...In fact it is part of islamic ettiquette to abstain from visiting a newly wedded couple for some time after the marriage..doesn't this mean that they should be left alone and allowed privacy???

:peace::peace:

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 05:26 PM
we wouldn't do it if she minded. we both wanted it to be so. fun times...
:D ahhh bless.
but hey akhee, dont say 'fun times' as if thats only for the past.You should do something special to remind u of the fun times!

جوري
04-14-2009, 05:26 PM
:rolleyes: welcome to my world.unless i go outside the family, thats what i got to look foward to :offended:
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
In the pakistani culture, the bride is ment to stay in the inlaws house and it is very hated and disrespectful if the bride wants to have her own house.

Usually if she asks for her own house or place then this causes a lot of problems and tension between within the inlaws!

wow.. sob7an Allah that is awful .. and sort of nauseating to think about, even with what is expected shouldn't people give you a few days with each other? You are barely wed and they are judging you, I thought the concept of a 'Honey Moon' is universal.........:eek:

:w:

جوري
04-14-2009, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha

I think every couple has a right to complete privacy at all times..and more so on their first night..If the husband cannot afford a separate home then the logical thing to do is to @ least take his wife to a hotel for their first few nights..for the family to have a problem with this sounds rather inquisitive.

And yeh...I don't think people should spend their honeymoons around family and friends...In fact it is part of islamic ettiquette to abstain from visiting a newly wedded couple for some time after the marriage..doesn't this mean that they should be left alone and allowed privacy???

:peace::peace:
I have to admit this is the first I have come across the 'staying with the family'.. even the poorest of people manage to go to the shores of their homelands for a week or even a couple of days as it is the best things in life are for free and at weddings people usually bestow gifts some which are monetary for just that sort of thing... I am surprised that culture overshadows religion still in this day and age..

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 05:30 PM
I thought the concept of a 'Honey Moon' is universal.........:eek:

nope imsad

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-14-2009, 05:33 PM
wow.....really

well in my family and wider family friends, that would be utterly disrespectful and unacceptable.

i remember some distant relatives, they got married and decided to go to a hotel straight away.

some very bad things were said about them later on, like how shameless the girl was to do that....(to openly imply that they wanted to get away from everyone, ofcourse to be intimate)

i know...its so silly.....:muddlehea .and weired, but then again my lot have a weired way of thinking.

ur family is cool akhee.
Yeah Alhamdullilah..its one of the things they're actually open about! But I can completely relate to what you're saying..I hate desi culture regardless..so much bakwas I tell you!

what the.. why get married if you don't have a place to stay? one of the things that need to be fulfilled in order to be married is financial independence to bare the obligation..

I have never heard of a hotel or family home, I think they are both rather creepy and uncomfortable.. to be honest this is truly the first I have ever heard of this.. sob7an Allah, do people honey moon in their parents' home? :offended::offended::offended:
No..it's like after the nikah and before the walima. After the walima you go and honeymoon..its something thats done even if the man has his own house..its just to.. I don't know why..but I like the idea of getting to stay in a 5 star hotel w/ my wife :D lol.

I think it is so in the general desi culture..especially back home..and it's disgusting. I think the more families are moving to the West they're opening up and realizing that a lot of what they do is baseless culture. The wife has the right to have her own place.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-14-2009, 05:35 PM
nope imsad
Make sure you put it in your contract then!

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 05:36 PM
:cry: not fair.

*runs away sobbing*

nebula
yeah the wife does have a right to her own place but then the rest of the family will hate you :D lol so sometimes people have to choose...

make the wife happy?

or make the family happy?

جوري

No..it's like after the nikah and before the walima. After the walima you go and honeymoon..its something thats done even if the man has his own house..its just to.. I don't know why..but I like the idea of getting to stay in a 5 star hotel w/ my wife :D lol.
As a part of a honey moon abroad then absolutely but a hotel in town a couple of blocks from the 'rents :haha: anyway I shall refrain at this stage as I don't want to offend with what appears to be a common cultural practice..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-14-2009, 05:38 PM
yeah the wife does have a right to her own place but then the rest of the family will hate you :D lol so sometimes people have to choose...

make the wife happy?

I'm telling you..get her to put it in the contract and then agree..you have the perfect excuse then, you can't do anything but to choose her :D

As a part of a honey moon abroad then absolutely but a hotel in town a couple of blocks from the 'rents :haha: anyway I shall refrain at this stage as I don't want to offend with what appears to be a common cultural practice..

Do go on! I offend my culture practically all the time..the satisfaction that I get from doing so :D

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Make sure you put it in your contract then!
Are you kidding me...they just about have gotten used to the idea of me being a girl and going to university and wanting to have a career.

LOL.i can just imaggine me sitting there and saying, I WANT A HONEYMOON NOW! :D , Ah Allah knows best what will happen akhee.Im not worried too much.As long as there is love between us, i dont care where we spend the first night.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Are you kidding me...they just about have gotten used to the idea of me being a girl and going to university and wanting to have a career.

LOL.i can just imaggine me sitting there and saying, I WANT A HONEYMOON NOW! :D , Ah Allah knows best what will happen akhee.Im not worried too much.As long as there is love between us, i dont care where we spend the first night.
Ouch. It's not just that..if people get used to someone compromising what's dear to them they'll just start taking advantage. Sometimes you can compromise, other times you can't. Wallaahu 'alam.

جوري
04-14-2009, 05:58 PM

Insha'Allah, Allah swt will bless you with someone amazing who will rock your world and have a sense of adventure -- meh and good progressive in laws who will cut you some slack :D

so don't sob.. because then I'll be sad too imsad

crayon
04-14-2009, 06:17 PM
I had my own house, so it was not too much of a problem. My parents did find it odd that we invited lots of our friends for breakfast the next day though. :P
Where I come from (and other arab countries as well, i thiiink), it's tradition to have a big breakfast the day after the wedding.. Close friends and family are invited, usually.

On my wedding night... we will get on a plane that will begin our year long journey of the world. InshaAllah.:shade:

burdenofbeing
04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Where I come from (and other arab countries as well, i thiiink), it's tradition to have a big breakfast the day after the wedding.. Close friends and family are invited, usually.

On my wedding night... we will get on a plane that will begin our year long journey of the world. InshaAllah.:shade:
tsk tsk... don't make us envious. I can't dare to dream of such a thing...

crayon
04-14-2009, 06:31 PM
tsk tsk... don't make us envious. I can't dare to dream of such a thing...
Hey, dreaming is free!
Trust me, if it weren't, I'd be flat broke right now.:offended:

burdenofbeing
04-14-2009, 06:46 PM
oh, so that's not the actual plan, but the dream?
in that case, I would suggest being more realistic even with dreams. less broken heart that way.

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Insha'Allah, Allah swt will bless you with someone amazing who will rock your world and have a sense of adventure -- meh and good progressive in laws who will cut you some slack :D

so don't sob.. because then I'll be sad too imsad

:) thanks hun, InshaAllah, i hope so too.xx

Forced_In
04-14-2009, 07:29 PM
assalmo alaikom

Sister Sahabiyaat can I as you something kindly ? I assume Snkaelegs is a memer of this forum. If you have objection to any of his posts just call the mods. In any event the sig part is no place for such things :

Snakelegs cheater still runs, and it clenches at my heart, everytime i see it....
Thanks;

Also I wish a happy life for OP.

wassalam

Forced_In
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
assalmo alaikom

Sister Sahabiyaat can I as you something kindly ? I assume Snakelegs is a
member of this forum. If you have objection to any of his posts just call the
mods. In any event the sig part is no place for such things :

Snakelegs cheater still runs, and it clenches at my heart, everytime i see it....
Thanks;

wassalam

Sahabiyaat
04-14-2009, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Forced_In
assalmo alaikom

Sister Sahabiyaat can I as you something kindly ? I assume Snkaelegs is a memer of this forum. If you have objection to any of his posts just call the mods. In any event the sig part is no place for such things :

Thanks;

wassalam
:)

snakelegs was a female member of this forum who passed away from cancer.Her signiture is a running CHEETAH!!!!! (hehe) (the animal!).and my signiture is in memory of her.

bet ur embarassed now. :D

Najm
04-14-2009, 07:54 PM

make the wife happy?

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Son: You know when i get married, me and my wife will have our own place to call home

Mother: WHAT?!! Your father has spend all his life building this house for you and your brothers, AND you want to leave us???

FiAmaaniAllah

جوري
04-14-2009, 08:38 PM
:) thanks hun, InshaAllah, i hope so too.xx
khyer insha'Allah.. I think the confusion over your siggy is because it might be misspelled? I believe this is the proper spelling of it insha'Allah
cheetah..

//-Asif-\\
04-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I'd be so blessed for a wife of the sort.

Forced_In
04-14-2009, 08:46 PM
:)

snakelegs was a female member of this forum who passed away from
cancer.Her signiture is a running cheater(the animal!).and my signiture is in
memory of her.

bet ur embarassed now. :D
assalam - Hi

Hmm... Ok since I am new here, I have been reading a bit of archives and I
thought you have some objection to some of her (oops not his) posts.

Embarrassed? Lets take another look at it, No; I am not embarrassed; This is
another ayah for me, now we are reminded of her through this incident.

Interestingly I somehow wanted to make a poll and ask moslems if they think
they would die as moslems? I thought someone might live a whole life as a
moslem but in the end die as a kafir and vice versa ... , someone still with
agnostic attitude still in her ID and then die as one who believes in God.
Would I die as a moslem?

People : please pray for her.
Moslems : please read a fatiha for her and lets ask God to forgive her.

wassalamo ala manettaba al hoda - Peace to the person who follows guidance

Intisar
04-14-2009, 08:54 PM

In Somali culture it's seen as ''shameful'' for the couple not to stay/live with each other for at least 7 days.

:nervous:

Bagwell
04-15-2009, 02:23 AM
It is an offence to your husband not be intimate sexually with him on your Wedding Night.

coddles76
04-15-2009, 02:38 AM

I was dead tired on my wedding night, I went straight to sleep ;) Wasn't thinking about anything else but I would of loved to play playstation if I had enough energy ;)

burdenofbeing
04-15-2009, 02:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bagwell
It is an offence to your husband not be intimate sexually with him on your Wedding Night.
if he shows intent on that regard, entertaining him would be advised. if it's too uncomfortable for you, you can of course say so.

aamirsaab
04-15-2009, 10:35 AM
what happens on wedding night?
You go to bed, that's what.

Sahabiyaat
04-15-2009, 09:06 PM
khyer insha'Allah.. I think the confusion over your siggy is because it might be misspelled? I believe this is the proper spelling of it insha'Allah
cheetah..

whatever are you talking about gossamer, please check my post and signiture, you will find i have, cough, spelt it quite correctly! :D

جوري
04-16-2009, 12:28 AM
whatever are you talking about gossamer, please check my post and signiture, you will find i have, cough, spelt it quite correctly! :D

--------:X-------------------:D

very cool

Najm
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
what happens on wedding night?
You go to bed, that's what.

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Yep thats right, akhi!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Layla454
04-17-2009, 05:24 PM
You don't have to do anything you don't want. Just take things as they come inshaAllah until you feel more comfortable :)

Ummu Sufyaan
04-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Rather I think you should relax, talk, watch a movie, or even go for a walk! (without the knowledge of the sleeping household ofcourse, otherwise they will find this very strange!).
lol hmm i like that walking idea. by myself that is :p :D yh ill walk...and walk...and keep on walking then ill break out into a run and run away and never come back :X :p ugh! marriage just terrifies me :-[ imsad i wanna stay at home with my fam :p imsad

Cabdullahi
04-18-2009, 12:50 PM
^ hahahaha

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.