/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm jealous...

selection
02-08-2009, 03:21 AM
:sl:
Let me tell the story.

I have a friend that has learned many things about Islam. He can rite Al-Qur'an very well too. Also he always teach me the meaning of it.

At first I'm really happy that he wants to teach me. But now I feel guilty. Everytime I read Al-Qur'an I don't feel anything. And when I pray I don't feel anything except It's my duty, not because the way I contact to Allah. But my friend feel it.:raging:

I know that I can't be like him, because I'm not him.:cry:

I hope someone can help me. Becuse this feeling is really bothersome. I feel that I'm a "failure product".imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
02-08-2009, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by selection
Let me tell the story.

I have a friend that has learned many things about Islam. He can rite Al-Qur'an very well too. Also he always teach me the meaning of it.

At first I'm really happy that he wants to teach me. But now I feel guilty. Everytime I read Al-Qur'an I don't feel anything. And when I pray I don't feel anything except It's my duty, not because the way I contact to Allah. But my friend feel it.:raging:

I hope someone can help me. Becuse this feeling is really bothersome. I feel that I'm a "failure product".imsad

I take it that you are telling us you are jealous about your friends success in Islamic matters, namely regarding the Quran, to the point where you are turned off the practice coz all you can think about is your friends success over your failure. I dont get what you want help with though...Do you want help getting better at quran or do you want help not being jealous of your mate? Or both? Or neither? Gahh!

Firstly, I dont know why you would say you cannot be like him. Is he supernatural? Practice makes perfect. He obviously worked really hard to be awesome at what he does. You obviously havent.

Turn your jealousy into envy. Evny is when you wish you could attain something someone else has attained whilst being very happy and proud of them. How? Well, you can use the jealousy you feel for your bro to push you further. Make it a constructive jealousy. Tell yourself you can be the same as him of even better and work work work.

If you want to sit there and complain about not feeling it or not being equal to him, that just tells me you've given up coz your lazy bones are slopping around in your body telling you to not even try.

Remember that there is no place for jealousy in our deen. At all. And you are at fault for feeling that way. your friend hasnt done anything wrong. If you dnt try to fix this, you will continue to feel like a failure.

:w:

tresbien
02-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Praise be to Allaah.

According to Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, eemaan (faith) is “belief in the heart, words on the tongue and actions of the body.” This includes three things:

1. Belief in the heart

2. Words on the tongue

3. Actions of the body

As this is the case, then it will increase and decrease. That is because the degree of belief in the heart differs from one person to another. Believing in what someone tells you is not the same as believing something that you see with your own eyes. Believing in what one person tells you is not the same as believing what two people tell you, and so on. Hence Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) said:

“ ‘My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead.’ He (Allaah) said: ‘Do you not believe?’ He [Ibraaheem (Abraham)] said: ‘Yes (I believe), but to be stronger in Faith’” [al-Baqarah 2:260]

Eemaan may increase with regard to belief, contentment and tranquillity in the heart. A person may experience that in himself when he attends gatherings of dhikr where he hears a lesson. Remembering Paradise and Hell increases eemaan to the point where it as if you can see them with your own eyes. But when a person is negligent and leaves those gatherings, this certain faith is reduced in his heart.

Eemaan in the sense of words may increase similarly. Whoever remembers Allaah a few times is not like one who remembers Him one hundred times. The latter is far better in eemaan.

And the one who does an act of worship in a perfect manner will have more faith than one who does it in an imperfect manner.

The same applies to righteous deeds. If a person does good deeds physically more than another, the one who does more will have more eemaan than the one who does less. This is stated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah – I mean the fact that eemaan may increase and decrease. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We have fixed their number (19) only as a trial for the disbelievers, in order that the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) may arrive at a certainty [that this Qur’aan is the truth as it agrees with their Books regarding the number (19) which is written in the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and that the believers may increase in Faith [al-Muddaththir 74:31]

“And whenever there comes down a Soorah, some of them (hypocrites) say: “Which of you has had his Faith increased by it?” As for those who believe, it has increased their Faith, and they rejoice.

But as for those in whose hearts is a disease (of doubt, disbelief and hypocrisy), it will add suspicion and doubt to their suspicion, disbelief and doubt; and they die while they are disbelievers [al-Tawbah 9:124-125]

According to a saheeh hadeeth, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have never seen any women lacking in reason and faith who have a more negative impact on the mind of a serious man than you.”

Thus eemaan increases and decreases.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Fadeelat al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol. 1, p. 49)

pls watch ways to incrae'se imane
http://lailanasheeba.wordpress.com/w...ur-iman-faith/

Yanal
02-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I also feel like that but for something else. In my soccer team I have a good friend who always gets praised by the coach but I hardly ever but now I have the ambition to be better.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonyMouse~
02-08-2009, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by selection
Let me tell the story.

well i dont have much time to read what others have said so sorry if i be repetitive but usually when your praying it helps more if u understand what your sayin rather than just reciting what you have memorized..cuz i used to pray w/o knowing the meaning and it just felt like i was doing it cuz i HAD to...but now i have the translation for each line memorized and i feel so much closer to Allah..like now i even WANT to wake up for tahajjud sum days alhamdulilah.

Also, u have the ability to be like ur friend if not better..u just need to try ur hardest because at one point he was in your position too and it took him time to learn everything he knows now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.