/* */

PDA

View Full Version : loving someone for the sake of allah?

Ummu Sufyaan
02-08-2009, 07:23 AM
:sl:
I’m not sure if this has been posted before or not, but how does one know if they Love another for the sake of Allah?

I mean are there any signs, etc about the person to indicate that they love another for the sake of Allah? Cos sometimes I feel like telling people that I love them for the sake of Allah (and sometimes people tell me), but I don’t know if I really do, because I don’t know what loving for the sake of Allah really entails. So what does it really mean, and how does one know that they love another for the sake of Allah?

I hope that makes sense.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Najm
02-14-2009, 11:03 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

:bump1: Good question i want to know the answer as well

My guess would be, saying with spouses, if some having annoying habits, its how we over come that, and not lose our love towards them. Hence loving for the sake of Allah, knowing that you will be rewarded for your patience! :-[

FiAmaaniAllah

glo
02-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I agree with Najm.

Loving somebody isn't just about enjoying someone's company because s/he is friendly or likeable, or you have much in common or you just 'get on well' or you are attracted to each other.

The much harder part of loving people is the conscious decision to be loving/respectful/kind to somebody who (at least at that moment) we don't perceive to be lovable.
Those are the times when we have to choose to love the other person, as you call it 'for the love of Allah' - because God calls us to love (show respect, kindness, tolerance etc to) each other.

Peace

Cabdullahi
02-14-2009, 12:10 PM
love is when you see an old lady standing on the bus and you kindly release your seat for her to sit down....thats respect but....respecting someone is part of showing love

helping the poor,old and unfortunate is a practise that we should all do,and allah commands us to do it,and if you offer help like giving up your seat then that indicates you love them for the sake of allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
02-14-2009, 12:18 PM
this is what I think......

its when u love people a pure love:
In addition to what brother Najim said....
Not love them because they are rich
Not the high grades they get in their academic life "if u r studying with them"
Not for the social privilege they have
Not because they are funny and u laugh when u r with them
Not because they can advice u when u r in trouble so they are very useful to u just when u need them otherwise u dont care about them

but because u would like to be with them in the hereafter and u find them the one who can go with u in this life to remind each other about the ultimate purpose of being in this life, they are the ones that help u to worship allah not distract u and take u away from that. And they are the ones who u really would like to be with under the Shadow of Allah as prophet Mohammed peace be upon him said in his Hadeeth:

Abu horierah one of the prophet mohammed peace be upon him friends told us that the prophet said there will be seven under the shadow of god when there is no shadow except his: a leader who is setelling justice, A youth person raised in obeying God, A person his heart always missing the mosque, Two persons loved each other in god they met for him and split on his love, and a person remembered his god while alone and his eyes gave a flood of tears and a person offered by a beautiful female and he refused because he is afraid of god and a person gave for the poor in secret till his left hand can not know what the right gives

alcurad
02-16-2009, 04:35 AM
love is how humans explain a plethora of feelings/emotions, depends really on how you perceive it.
loving others is loving oneself at the core, others make us feel good, help us then we love them.
love for the sake of Allah is perhaps a construct-concept,meme- to make us less selfish, it could be achieved at that. It's effects won't be different from other kinds of love, so it doesn't matter that much if we knew it was for the sake of god or not, the lack of 'instructions' on how to find out if it were is deliberate.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.