/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to burn a cd

noorseeker
02-08-2009, 11:12 AM
:sl: Just need some quick advice

I am trying to put around 10 hours of lectures onto 1 cd , and having trouble doing this, i know they have to be in mp3 format or the cd has to be able to take on mp3

So i have all these lectures

and i have a blank cd-r disc

what do i do now:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Gia
02-08-2009, 11:29 AM
What's the problem exactly? what software are you using? Nero 9 is a good choice
Nero 9 Link

noorseeker
02-08-2009, 11:52 AM
it will ytake me over 2 hours to download the trial .

its not copying to the cd as the disc wont allow it

Gia
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
If you're sure that there is no hardware problem with the cd writer then you should download Nero, but since it's trial it just might be not worth the 2 hours, so I've made a quick Google search and came out with this software which is free of charge and only 3.04 MB which means you can download it within a few minutes. I hope it will help.

CD Burn xp LINK

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
02-08-2009, 01:43 PM
JazakAllah sister

noorseeker
02-08-2009, 01:59 PM
still cant do it

Woodrow
02-08-2009, 02:39 PM
:sl:

Put the blank CD in the drive. Go to your start menu, click on "My Computer" right click on the CD click "format" follow the steps.

Now leave it alone go to your burning software and try again.

A question just came to mind. Do you have the MP-3 files all in one folder on your PC?

noorseeker
02-08-2009, 03:02 PM
i have put them all into 1 folder , JazakAllah bro woodrow

YusufNoor
02-08-2009, 03:05 PM

IF you are making an mp3 disc, you ARE NOT making a cd! [technically]

you ARE making a data disc!

it CAN be real confusing.

you have to choose data disc and then you should have options [that SHOULD be fairly straight forward]. if it all looks "Greek" to you, see if you program has a help file and go to "burning mp3 discs. it should clue you in on any of the little details that you are unaware of.

:w:

Soulja Girl
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM

^Thanks for tha info bro! :)

noorseeker
02-08-2009, 04:57 PM
ok now the stuff is on the disc, dont know how but now it only plays on my laptop, it dont play on my cd player

silly me coz its not a mp3 player

crayon
02-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Does your CD player play things that are in mp3 format?

Na7lah
02-09-2009, 10:11 PM

brother the fastest way is *in my opinion* iTunes,

1. open itunes
2. place the files you want in a new playlist and give the playlist a name
3. place in a blank CD
4. on the bottom of the playlist it sayz 'Burn disc'
5. click that and then choose 'audio cd'
6. wait for it to burn

On step 5 there are 2? options *if i remember right* a audio cd or a data cd, if you make an mp3 one you can play it on your laptop, car and cd player, however the disadvantage is that it doesn't hold a lot, i use the 80 min/700 mb ones so it can't hold more than an hour *u could make a series of cd's though*

if you make a data cd it'll hold up to 700 MB *depending on the CD* however you can only play it on your Laptop/computer, it doesn't play on most CD players or cars

hope that helps - BTW you can get a free version of Itunes just google it and it doesn't take long to download *but i think u already might have it*

noorseeker
02-10-2009, 07:33 AM
JazakAllah sis , lucky guess ,, i do have itunes

Whatsthepoint
02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Or you could get yourself a USB stick, its much more handy.

noorseeker
02-10-2009, 01:46 PM
i give up aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok im actually starting a i.t course this week lol

BintAbee
04-11-2009, 08:48 PM

can we not make an mp3 disc that can play in an mp3 player coz our car has an mp3 player.. it can play the regular mp3 players that we buy... so anyway how do we make an mp3 disc? Please help!!!!!!

BintAbee
04-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Anyone?

YusufNoor
04-11-2009, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

IF you are making an mp3 disc, you ARE NOT making a cd! [technically]

you ARE making a data disc!

it CAN be real confusing.

you have to choose data disc and then you should have options [that SHOULD be fairly straight forward]. if it all looks "Greek" to you, see if you program has a help file and go to "burning mp3 discs. it should clue you in on any of the little details that you are unaware of.

can we not make an mp3 disc that can play in an mp3 player coz our car has an mp3 player.. it can play the regular mp3 players that we buy... so anyway how do we make an mp3 disc? Please help!!!!!!

make sure that you are making a DATA cd! check your recorder for options.

BintAbee
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
^ Jazakallah Khair akhi... It worked... Alhamdulillah.. I learnt something new... I'm so excited

YusufNoor
04-23-2009, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
^ Jazakallah Khair akhi... It worked... Alhamdulillah.. I learnt something new... I'm so excited

now for lesson # 2. did you know that by changing the the size of the file, you can can fit more tracks on the disc?

you MAY have set a default size, but on my mp3 maker i can choose the file size each time i make a disc. so instead of a 40 part lecture being on 4 discs, you can cut it down to 2!

you can fool around with it to figure out what works best for you.

Na7lah
04-23-2009, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

now for lesson # 2. did you know that by changing the the size of the file, you can can fit more tracks on the disc?

you MAY have set a default size, but on my mp3 maker i can choose the file size each time i make a disc. so instead of a 40 part lecture being on 4 discs, you can cut it down to 2!

you can fool around with it to figure out what works best for you.

wa alaykum assalaam,

which one do you use akhi?

YusufNoor
04-23-2009, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
wa alaykum assalaam,

which one do you use akhi?

mp3 maker 11 deluxe by MAGIX
i don't recommend it or anything, it's just the cheapest one i could find.

i just loaded EASY CD & DVD Burning by ROXIO. i found them simple in the past.

i use a different program, GOLDWAVE, for editing.

Na7lah
04-23-2009, 03:15 PM
ok jazakallah khair :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.