/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you Manage your Time??...

-Elle-
02-09-2009, 02:27 AM
:sl:

I am having an incredibly hard time managing my..well,time.(lol). I literally have to plan every hour in my day to get things done. My studies require a greaaaat deal of work (readings,homeworks,memorisation,writing,calculati ons,e verything and anything!)

I also have a part-time job which I actually like (although I've been liking it a bit less everyday now...but that's a different story!) which is why I can't seem to quit. I love having a job and earning my own money, paying my own personal expenses/bills/etc... I have been told many times to quit, but I truly don't want to.:(

I never have time to see any of my loved ones and I constantly feel exhausted and overloaded...so my question is, to all of the students out there(or even the ones finished yet went through this in Uni..especially if you've entered a medical/engineering/pharmaceutical program, which require many hours of dedication..) how do/did you manage your time and workload?

Any tricks?Tips?Advice? because I'm slowly loosing it.

:uuh:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
02-09-2009, 02:37 AM
May I ask how old are you?

Vito
02-09-2009, 02:48 AM
I think what you need to do or try to do is plan ahead instead of planning things by the hour. Just take a timeout one day and get yourself settled to where you can make yourself a schedule or just use a calender and combine your school / work schedule together and figure out what days you want to use for studying / relaxing / hanging out / whatever. Planning ahead and keeping an active schedule always helps.

Woodrow
02-09-2009, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~

Any tricks?Tips?Advice? because I'm slowly loosing it.

:uuh:

No magic tricks and no instant results. But worked for me.

Remember that there are no more than 5 things in your life that are of irreplaceable value. Write them down. reduce the list to three. Prioritize them. allow 6 hours per day for the most important. 4 hours for the second and 2 for the third. With the remaining 12, 10 hours is reserved for sleep and eating 2 hours for traveling back and forth.

Stick to those and learn to let go of everything else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Na7lah
02-09-2009, 04:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Remember that there are no more than 5 things in your life that are of irreplaceable value. Write them down. reduce the list to three. Prioritize them. allow 6 hours per day for the most important. 4 hours for the second and 2 for the third. With the remaining 12, 10 hours is reserved for sleep and eating 2 hours for traveling back and forth.

mashallah excellent advice :thumbs_up

crayon
02-09-2009, 09:55 AM

Mashallah, very interesting method.:thumbs_up

For me personally...
I write lists. I love lists. And then prioritize.
Also, doing something the same day it gets assigned helps me. I like working hard for one day getting things done, and then relaxing for the rest of the week.

Musaafirah
02-09-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm just like the original poster. Nothing seems to work for me though.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
work it all around salaah :D seriously prayer times make everything else easy to place !

*Yasmin*
02-09-2009, 02:22 PM

i'll try this :thumbs_up
i feel like falling apart because of this issue<< managing ma time i mean

Mysterious Uk
02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I have a giant calander pinned to the wall, i write everythng in advance so i know exaclty wat i need 2 do and wen i need 2 do it by. Cos it is rather big u can see everything u need 2 do clearly and when u need 2 do them by. But then again i'm not particularly swamped with loads and loadsa things to do so i don't think a giant calander would help tooo much. Anyhu it's one step forward i guess.

-Elle-
02-10-2009, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
May I ask how old are you?

18 bro.

format_quote Originally Posted by Kai85
I think what you need to do or try to do is plan ahead instead of planning things by the hour. Just take a timeout one day and get yourself settled to where you can make yourself a schedule or just use a calender and combine your school / work schedule together and figure out what days you want to use for studying / relaxing / hanging out / whatever. Planning ahead and keeping an active schedule always helps.
That's what I've been trying to do...yet my work schedule varies(which frustrates me tremendously), and everyday, new assignements are given with due dates that might interrupt my earlier plans( ex: planning to do "Work A" on thursday, yet tuesday I am assigned an even bigger assignement for thursday, so it messes up my original plans!)..I don't know if im making much sense..

Jazak'Allah kheir great advice...I just realized that I always focus on the little things and leave the big things last minute...prioritizing might actually work.

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
work it all around salaah :D seriously prayer times make everything else easy to place !
I wish I could do that!!!..Yet I usually pray during breaks then hurry back to class... it's like that nearly everyday. On weekends, im stuck at work all day( I sometimes sneak a reading in there!..)

format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
I have a giant calander pinned to the wall, i write everythng in advance so i know exaclty wat i need 2 do and wen i need 2 do it by. Cos it is rather big u can see everything u need 2 do clearly and when u need 2 do them by. But then again i'm not particularly swamped with loads and loadsa things to do so i don't think a giant calander would help tooo much. Anyhu it's one step forward i guess.

I think this is the best idea so faar!!!...WOW!...How come I never thought of that? I have an overloaded agenda and my cellphone is filled with notes...yet I always forget to do things. Im sure if it was pinned in front of my face I'd remember..insh'Allah, im getting a huge calendar ASAP!

Im getting really tierd lately, to the point where my own friends keep on asking me what's wrong when nothing is wrong..I'm just so exhausted I loose my enthusiam(which is strange for them, since im usually always upbeat and making everyone laugh)..imsad

Is there was also a way to keep external, useless problems from affecting me? I want to focus on my studies 110%...

I feel some situations are a true waste of time, and I dedicate myself in helping certain people who truly, now that I think about it, don't deserve any help. Might sound harsh but i'm truly not a hard-hearted person..unless someone has wronged me.Then I go mad:D

tresbien
02-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Time is a soldier of ALLAH.IF U ARE PIOUS TO YOUR CREATOR, HE WILL BLESS U TIME

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.