/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Come and enjoy.....

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I've been depressed for so long now (years yes YEARS) that I am so close to losing faith or maybe I've already lost it. I pray as much as I can but I give up now. I still feel the need to pray, but having the sincerety and even trying to believe that eventually my duas will be answered and I will get better is an impossibilty.

I can't think like that anymore, it's probably not worth me praying if I haven't got the sincerety in my heart right? Should I just give up altogether and accept that this is my life and I will NEVER get better?

Please don't tell me things will change and I have to believe they will and all that crap because my kismet is already written, I can't do anything, that's right NOT even make dua because it will never be accepted.

Please don't tell me I will live a happier life in the hereafter, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT FOR SURE ONLY ALLAH SWT KNOWS!!!

After years and years of trying to make my life better, it collapses on top of me again and again. I pray and I pray and yes I shouldn't be complaining like this but how else am i supposed to let this anger and these frustrations out to release the tension?

No one else listens, my family don't care, my friends are sick of me and my depression (not good friends I know) or maybe i've driven them away by being miserable all the time.

I wake up every morning feeling painfully lonely, empty, like I'm already dead just walking around in a body, nothing to look forward too, no true friends, no family who actually care. I drive around in my car and I just cry while i'm driving, I used to play the Qur'an in my car, but not even that makes me feel better. Even after praying, I feel lifeless and empty.

Why should anyone care how i feel? Afterall, I'm just another 'nobody' walking around on this earth waiting to drop dead with this torturous pain and loneliness.

I say Istighfar all the time but I can't say it like I mean it, I can't recite the Qur'an like I mean it anymore, I can't read any dua like I mean it anymore, I feel treacherously hopeless. All these words can't describe the pain and suffering I'm going through.

What I do, should I just give up and accept that I was born to live in misery? If Allah swt is forgiving, why after years of asking for forgiveness am I still suffering this much? Why do people say "Allah doesn't burden a soul more than it can bear"? When I feel i could collapse and die any minute from this pain that has built up over the years and has got too much for me to handle?

Do I really have to accept the fact that i will NEVER see the light at the end of the tunnel?

"Verily after hardship comes relief" YES that is correct for everyone EXCEPT ME!

"No soul is burdened with more than it can bare" YES for all of you EXCEPT ME!!!!!

None of these matter to all of you, you are just reading, you can't feel what i feel.

These words are nothing. I'm nothing, this world is nothing!!! My pain doesn't mean anything to anybody.

I see happy people, I want to murder them.

I see people smiling, I want to murder them.

DON'T TELL ME THEY MIGHT BE UNHAPPY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!!! AT LEAST THEY CAN MANAGE A SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day people will be sad and the next day they find relief. Allah swt eases their pain after a while.

But my pain doesn't matter, it carries on and on and it doesn't stop hurting. This is not a TEST IT'S NEVERENDING TORTURE!!!!!

Are you all happy? haha, did you all find 'relief after hardship' hahahaaaaaa GOOD FOR U!!!!!!!

Are any of you going through hardship right now this very minute????? What is your hardship? It's probably so minor and pathetic you call it HARDSHIP LOL!!!!!!

Don't worry about me, I'm just another excuse for a human being!!!!! MY FEELINGS DON'T COUNT!!!!!!

SORRY IF I'VE OFFENDED ANYONE I DON'T MEAN TO, YOUR PROBLEMS MUST BE REAL BAD!!!!!

What are you going to tell me next? That I have a roof over my head, I have bread to eat and clothes to wear?????? WHAT IS THE POINT WHEN I'M LIVING IN MISERY!!!!!!!

Are you going to tell me that the people in GAZA are suffering???? so am I! YES GO ON CALL ME PATHETIC OR WHATEVER COMES TO MIND!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL IN YOUR SHORT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T BOTHER REMEMBERING ME IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
02-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Ive never met anyone who sounds so much like me a few months ago. So that's what it was like.

If you can be bothered...go through my thread history. Read them. Identical.

You arent telling is what your problem is...but you know what...i get you. I know you dont believe me...coz ur life is just 'different' and 'worse' and I wont understand.

You can live however you like. You can give up on your deen and iman if you like. Thats all in your hands. Why ask us smiling, happy losers anyway?

We cannot care for you if you do not care for yourself.

People will get sick of you the same way you are pushing them away.

You will be lonlier than you have ever known to be.

You dont care now...post-rant/vent time is best left untouched. I just felt like sharing my two cents.

btw, mind over matter dude.

glo
02-09-2009, 12:40 PM
This is such a dark time you are going through ... I can feel your pain.

I have no answer for you - at least not one which wouldn't sound at least vaguely patronising.
If you like I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers though.

Can I ask if you have sought any medical help for your depression?
Counselling and/or medication may just help you to lift your mood enough to engage with your life better.

Some friends and members of your family may be getting frustrated with you, but do you have people who will support you and sustain you?
Can you look for support groups?
Don't isolate yourself. Try to stay in contact with people, no matter how hard it may seem.

I wish you well and I hope you enter better times soon.

Peace

Silver
02-09-2009, 01:00 PM
What are you going to tell me next? That I have a roof over my head, I have bread to eat and clothes to wear?????? WHAT IS THE POINT WHEN I'M LIVING IN MISERY!!!!!!!

Are you going to tell me that the people in GAZA are suffering???? so am I! YES GO ON CALL ME PATHETIC OR WHATEVER COMES TO MIND!!!!!

If you don't want any help or advice, then what's the point of this thread? I don't get it!
I just have one thing to say: Never despair of the mercy of God.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
This is such a dark time you are going through ... I can feel your pain.

I have no answer for you - at least not one which wouldn't sound at least vaguely patronising.
If you like I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers though.

Can I ask if you have sought any medical help for your depression?
Counselling and/or medication
may just help you to lift your mood enough to engage with your life better.

Some friends and members of your family may be getting frustrated with you, but do you have people who will support you and sustain you?
Can you look for support groups?
Don't isolate yourself. Try to stay in contact with people, no matter how hard it may seem.

I wish you well and I hope you enter better times soon.

Peace
:sl:

Thank you for bothering to reply.

I can't take anti-depressants, they don't work for me plus their only a temporary measure, depression always comes back.

I was refered to a psychiatrist, but not very helpful. It's a DEAD END.

Thank you for your kind words.

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
If you don't want any help or advice, then what's the point of this thread? I don't get it!I just have one thing to say: Never despair of the mercy of God.
LETTING MY ANGER AND FRUSTRATION OUT!!!

IF YOU 'DON'T GET IT' DON'T BOTHER REPLYING TO THE THREAD!!! :mad:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

Thank you for bothering to reply.

I can't take anti-depressants, they don't work for me plus their only a temporary measure, depression always comes back.

I was refered to a psychiatrist, but not very helpful. It's a DEAD END.

Thank you for your kind words.
travel the world. Go Africa.

Go Egypt.

Go yemen.

Go Bangladesh.

See this world, maybe you'll realise something inshAllah

Silver
02-09-2009, 01:21 PM
LETTING MY ANGER AND FRUSTRATION OUT!!!

IF YOU 'DON'T GET IT' DON'T BOTHER REPLYING TO THE THREAD!!!
Hey!! Calm down!! I didn't mean to offend you!
Actually, I understand how u r feeling...I felt that way before.
I felt nothing when I was praying, I did not read the Quran. Eventually I stopped praying and I went through tough times...and my friends started saying that it was because I stopped practicing my religion after God has guided me. They didn't understand...

So i know how you are feeling, I was just wondering why you did not want any advice cos there are probably other people who have had similar problems and maybe they can help.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
seriously this bro should travel.

full

eshtop.

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl: Bro/sis, I don't think you should look at other people and assume that they don't have hardships, just because they smile, laugh/joke around.

A lot of people use humour to get away from the problems they face. It's not just for the sake of having fun, it's more as a refuge away from having to be thinking about negativity all the time. I know this is true for me, at least.

Also, we all need to keep in mind that this world is only temporary and in comparison to the akirah, it is nothing at all. It would only be like a day, or half a day, of the vastness in the hereafter.

Allah is what you think Allah to be. If you constantly think Allah is going to let you down, then there is less chance of your duas being accepted.

When you make dua, you HAVE to BELIEVE that Allah is listening and will answer. Don't be negative about it, that is one of the conditions of the acceptance of dua.

Above and beyond anything, you need to keep in mind that THE goal is not this world. You're not meant to have total happiness in this world. The goal is to be a good muslim and gain paradise/avoidance from hell-fire, ANYTHING that stops you from achieving this is a DISTRACTION. A distraction that's possibly from the shaytan and/or something that stems from the desires of your nafs.

I know, easier said than done, but whatever happens, you need to strive for the other-world, more than this one.
How can I make myself believe that? I've read books about dua to help me too but nothing is helping and I want to help myself, but believe me when I say NOTHING is helping me have sincerety in my duas and prayers anymore. There's only so much a soul can take and if I wasn't Muslim I would have commit suicide by now.

Why have i suffered most of my life, what a waste of a life!!!!!! Why do others suffer a while then get happiness afterwards??????? Why is mine ongoing for so long?????????

Others have at least a bit of happiness in this world, and it's not fair that they will also get in the hereafter. BUT ME?????? I've had NO happiness and it's not guaranteed I'll have any happiness in the hereafter.

I can't help the way I'm talking, how negative I am. Living the kind of torturous life I've lived has turned me into this person, whatever I am!!!!!!

I wish I had the ability to change but I don't, it's been too long and I am completely and utterly fed up and exhausted!!!

Thank you for the advice I know you are only trying to help.

AnonymousPoster
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
seriously this bro should travel.

full

eshtop.
Yes and that will take my depression away!!!!! :rolleyes:

IbnAbdulHakim
^ stop reading/thinking etc for real its not helping you.

TRAVEL ! RELAX ! UNWIND !

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymousgender
yes and that will take my depression away!!!!! :rolleyes:
hey man dont knock it till you tried it!

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fighting4iman
hey man dont knock it till you tried it!
hey man, i'm a woman!!

KashifB
02-09-2009, 01:56 PM
May Allah subhanahu wata'ala help you in difficult times. Ameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 01:57 PM
hey man, i'm a woman!!
i adress my sisters as "man" many times, its all good

but seriously, maybe its your environment? a change could be just what you need

sevgi
02-09-2009, 02:04 PM
You know...you asked a few posts down how you could make yourself believe in Allah's Allahness.

To that I tell you to fake it till you make it.

I know that you wont get that and you think im being a silly idiot...but it works.

Ever forced yourself onto a prayer mat and forced yourself to cry ur bottom off to this creator who you are so angry at?

Try it.

You know...when doing stuff to fix urself dont think that the stuff will work.

Counselling doesnt help. Nothing helps. But the fact that you are taking steps on your own accord about things which concern you help you take back a little bit of control in your life. Only you can force urself into that counsellors office or onto that aeroplane or onto that prayer mat. You control urself and ur life utterly at those moments.

You need 'you' time. You obviously havent spent much time with urself in a long time..or ever. coz you dnt know how to handle urself..and u are so delicate...

allocate a corner in ur room. or any room or backyard. switch ur phone off and face a wall, a tree or something....and try to think of nothing. as ur brain tries to clear the fuzz to reach 'nothing'...it will find clarity...one day...and even if it doesnt work..ur spending time on you..and guess what...for people who have crap lives like you, keep in mind that no one will ever spend time on you..so maybe you should.

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KashifB
May Allah subhanahu wata'ala help you in difficult times. Ameen.
hahaha my whole life is one big 'DIFFICULT TIME' is there such thing as 'easy times'? LOL!!! I don't believe in happiness, I don't believe in 'ease'!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the Dua....... Now lets see what happens, lets see if that dua reached Allah swt!!!!! hahahahahahahah :D

sevgi
02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Another point is that Allah bestows hardship upon the people he loves in this world, so that they don't have to face it in the hereafter.

Hardship is also a wake-up call. Something that Allah is using to draw you nearer to him.
Its hard to see that when you have been putting up with crap ur whole life, bro.

Don't bother saying stuff like this to her atm. She's just gna hammer you with her rant-o matic 3000.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
everyones been through lows and "emptiness" and "darkness" and "sadness"

and the only solace was achieved through patience during such times.

sevgi
02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Sevgi, I understand what you mean. But don't assume I'm not speaking based on my own personal experience, either. I have had my share of hardship and if somebody were to have said the above to me when I was not practicing, I'd have reacted with scorn too.

But, Alhamdulilah, it really DOES make sense now.
:O

Second time in two days that you've misconstrued what I meant!

Gahh! I have issues with expression..I really do. Sori Alpha...:(

I really meant and assumed no such thing...and I'm sorry my comment sounds as though I am demeaning your advice to the sis. Urgh.

sevgi
02-09-2009, 02:31 PM
everyones been through lows and "emptiness" and "darkness" and "sadness"

and the only solace was achieved through patience during such times.
Maybe this is her version of patience. She is being patient...maybe this is as patient as she can be under the circumstances.

I give you props for not killing yourself sis. As long as you dont do that, it means you still have your head on straight.

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Another point is that Allah bestows hardship upon the people he loves in this world, so that they don't have to face it in the hereafter.

Hardship is also a wake-up call. Something that Allah is using to draw you nearer to him.
Then why have I gone further away from Him? No it's not a test. Having my iman would have been one thing that kept me sane, now I've completely lost it!!

Why would Allah swt want to help me, all I'm doing is complaining and not being thankful for what I have got. And the worst thing is, I can't even help the way I feel or think after going through so much hardship. imsad

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
i giv props for not leaving islaam mashAllah

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Alhumdullilah thank you all for replies. I didn't expect anyone to bother replying with the amount of anger and hatred coming from me.

Thank you for putting up with me.

I have tears in my eyes, lump in the throat, brain is dead, can't even see what i'm typing properlt. Tears falling in the keyboard. All hope lost.

sevgi
02-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Alhumdullilah thank you all for replies. I didn't expect anyone to bother replying with the amount of anger and hatred coming from me.

Thank you for putting up with me.

I have tears in my eyes, lump in the throat, brain is dead, can't even see what i'm typing properlt. Tears falling in the keyboard. All hope lost.
I hope you read my posts one day.

sshussain
02-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I was in a state of depression and felt the same it comes back now and then and I feel the same that when this is going to end, and when some1 used ask me about it i used to get frustrated and mad at my own friends who just wanted to care. But believe me brother recite this dua and In Shaa Allah you will get relief.
One of the means of treating them is mentioned in the saheeh hadeeth from Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him): “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says: ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatija naasyati bi yadika, maada fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghayb ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa dhihaab hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety),’ but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.” This is one of the remedies prescribed in sharee’ah.

:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
I hope you read my posts one day.
There's too many. :embarrass

Can you name a few in particular?

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sshussain
I was in a state of depression and felt the same it comes back now and then and I feel the same that when this is going to end, and when some1 used ask me about it i used to get frustrated and mad at my own friends who just wanted to care. But believe me brother recite this dua and In Shaa Allah you will get relief.
One of the means of treating them is mentioned in the saheeh hadeeth from Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him): “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says: ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatija naasyati bi yadika, maada fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghayb ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa dhihaab hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety),’ but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.” This is one of the remedies prescribed in sharee’ah.

:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

Been reading that for a very long time. I can read all I like, but the decision of whether Allah wants this suffering to end on not lies with Him.

sshussain
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
And if you believe in Ruqyya, I will advice you to do this:

Take a cup of water, dip your right index finger in the cup.
Bring the cup near your mouth so that the air coming out from your mouth should touch the water, and then recite these ayaats from the Quran:

1) Surah Al-Fatiha
2) From Surah Baqrah-- the first 5 ayaaths, Ayaat-al-Kursi, The last 3 ayaats of Surah Baqrah.
3) Surah Ikhlas, (surah 142)
4)the last two surahs--(Muawwizatyan) the last 2 surahs of holy Quran.

In Shaa Allah, Allah will give you shifa. I just suggested the things which i got shifaa from. And I keep on doing these things when ever I need it.
And we can only tell you to do things but can't really change your condition, its you who can change your condition.
Especially in the state of depression a person feels really very weak and feels like even a slight burden can squish him/her, but its only you who can remove the burden from yourself. Fight back the darkness, let not the state of depression over takes you.
I'm not being sarcastic my brother/sister in faith, but it is that ALLAH WILL NOT CHANGE THE CONDITION OF PEOPLE UNTIL THEY CHANGE THEMSELVES.

And believe me this is one of the most harshest ayaats to me. As I used to think that when I was feeling the need for help and I'm not getting any help :'(.
But that is not the case, Its just your determination in your mind that is taken in to account by Allah and HE the most Mercy full will help you out.

:peace::peace::rollseyes:peace::peace:

sevgi
02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
There's too many. :embarrass

Can you name a few in particular?
No. LOL. There are only three of them.

Stop with the shyface...you have nothing to be sorry about...we are here for you, sis.

sshussain
02-09-2009, 03:05 PM

Bring the cup near your mouth so that the air coming out from your mouth should touch the water, and then recite these ayaats from the Quran:

1) Surah Al-Fatiha
2) From Surah Baqrah-- the first 5 ayaaths, Ayaat-al-Kursi, The last 3 ayaats of Surah Baqrah.

In Shaa Allah, Allah will give you shifa. I just suggested the things which i got shifaa from. And I keep on doing these things when ever I need it.
And we can only tell you to do things but can't really change your condition, its you who can change your condition.
Especially in the state of depression a person feels really very weak and feels like even a slight burden can squish him/her, but its only you who can remove the burden from yourself. Fight back the darkness, let not the state of depression over takes you.
I'm not being sarcastic my brother/sister in faith, but it is that ALLAH WILL NOT CHANGE THE CONDITION OF PEOPLE UNTIL THEY CHANGE THEMSELVES.

And believe me this is one of the most harshest ayaats to me. As I used to think that when I was feeling the need for help and I'm not getting any help .
But that is not the case, Its just your determination in your mind that is taken in to account by Allah and HE the most Mercy full will help you out.

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sshussain

1) Surah Al-Fatiha

And believe me this is one of the most harshest ayaats to me. As I used to think that when I was feeling the need for help and I'm not getting any help .

I went to see someone 2 months ago and he told me someone has given me evil eye!! He told me what to do but I honestly have not got the energy to keep it up. I stopped. I feel weak and exhausted beyond belief and I've come to the point that even I can't help myself.

sshussain
02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Atleast try it once, please. :popcorn:
Jazak Allah
you will be satisfied :statisfie

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
from where did the suffering stem? do you know thread starter?

AnonymousPoster
02-09-2009, 04:14 PM
from where did the suffering stem? do you know thread starter?
I can't truely pinpoint it. I'm guessing the way I've been brought up in my broken family has made me the person I am today - a failure in life!!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I can't truely pinpoint it. I'm guessing the way I've been brought up in my broken family has made me the person I am today - a failure in life!!
what?

you cant be a failure until you've ended your life as a disbeliever.

dont ever think that

sshussain
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
May be my advice may seem really weird but if you are not married, and are able to do so, then get married. It will help you to get over your depression you will find a new friend for life who you can rely upon and your condition will change. In shaa Allah.:D

noorseeker
02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Sister from all of the replies you have had, we are all sad about your situation, we all truly truly would love to see you better, a couple of my brothers have had depression, one was hard enough, but two.

ive seen beautiful people with beautiful hearts turn into zombies when they get depression, you think why oh why, why them, im even crying now as i write this ,

My big smile hides a of pain, you go around in life thinking why is everyone happy and your not , and you dont even no the reason why.

It seems like your missing a lot of love in your life,

i dont know what i can say to make you happy, but take little steps at a time, i am at the moment,

I make dua with tears in my eyes , for me , you and all those people out there who are going through difficult times,

I always get amazed when i hear there is no sadness in jannah, always happy, always having fun, no problems

And do you know why because thats what makes jannah , Jannah.

halloula
02-10-2009, 08:55 AM
look sister no one in this life didnt go thru a hardship but some people got the patience to survive in this situation and some got into depression to the point that they loose faith and sometimes you hear a lot of people they even suicide ( die as desbielever). me myself i went thru a period of hardship i looked at it as the end of thee world i was so weak that i thought of killing myself but i sticked to God i wasnt really feeling any pray or dua but i was still doing it i was in period of darkness everything seems the same for me i lost 15 kilo in 1 month i stopped eating drinking sleeping working i was completely exhausted but i was saying dua everyday even though i wasnt sure if its gonna be accepted or not. And suddenly out of nothing a small light appear in the darkiness and my life start getting fixed and now alhamdulilah you can look at my thread you will feel the pain i was leaving. No one got no problem but each of us handle it the way he is. Be patient sister try not to loose faith and do something stupid just keep practising your pray and duaa and after hardship come ease. Sister take as an exam from God his testing your patience and your faith so try to be strong i know what i'm saying may seem a bit stupid for you but all what i want to say that you will be rewarded in jannah after sister. I feel what you feel and we all here for you, you can come and ask us for help anytime try to empty your heart PM if you want dont leave it inside or you will blow up .

salam

Ummu Sufyaan
02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
@thread starter. im abit weary about replying to your post, since you may not read it. but cos your my sis in islam, im gna make the effort :D. so god darn it, read it!!! *slams fist on table* :p you better not ignore this post like you have wiv some other beobles here :mmokay: *jokes* :)

seriously, realize that if you wanna change, then you have to make the effort. the fact that you haven't read (if im remembering right :-[ :p) some of the posts in this thread, tells me that you are not sincere in changing. but if you truly want to change, again, you need to be sincere and put in the effort and to also continue making the effort, no matter how many times you fall. no matter how many times you try and fail. :)

life is a test and Patience is a virtue.

dont stop praying. how can you know your sincerity. don't let satan put you off. this whole life sis we don't know where we are going. the Prophet, sallahu aleyhi wa sallam, didn't know where he was going, until certain verses from surat al-Fath were revealed to him!!!! so what about us! :( sis, that doesn't mean you give up because you don't know that your prayers are gna be accepted, it just means you have to strive in moderation, meaning you pray with fear that your prayers are gna be rejected, whilst having the utmost hope that they are gna be accepted innit. after all, islam is moderation, and moderation is success!!! :thumbs_up

also, about your duas and destiny, check this thread out.

and also, about your dua being answered, read this inshallah, and see where it applies to you :) but do NOT give up making dua. image that you do. how do you know that some kinda evil hasn't been removed from you. image by not making dua, that evil that may befall you, that may have been prevented due to your dua. how do you know that there is something better for you in the Hereafter. you just dont :( you just keep making dua, and hope for the best!!!

Things which may prevent du’aa’ from being answered include:

1. When the du’aa’ is weak in itself, because it involves something inappropriate, or involves bad manners towards Allaah, may He be exalted, or it is inappropriate, which means asking Allaah for something which it is not permitted to ask, e.g. when a man asks to live forever in this world, or he asks for a sin or something haraam, or he prays that he will die, and so on. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A person's du’aa’s will continue to be answered so long as he does not pray for something sinful or for the breaking of family ties.” Narrated by Muslim.

2. When the person who is making du’aa’ is weak in himself, because he is faint-hearted in his turning towards Allaah. This may be either because of bad manners towards Allaah, may He be exalted – such as raising his voice in du’aa’ or making du’aa’ in the manner of one who thinks he has no need of Allaah; or because he pays too much attention to the wording and tries to come up with unnecessarily ornate phrases, without paying attention to the meaning; or because he tries too hard to weep or shout without really feeling it, or he goes to extremes in that.

3. The reason why his du’aa’ is not answered may be because he has done something that Allaah has forbidden, such as having haraam wealth – whether it be food or drink or clothing or accommodation or transportation, or he has taken a haraam job, or the stain of sin is still in his heart, or he is following bid’ah (innovation) in religion, or his heart has been overtaken by negligence.

4. Consuming haraam wealth. This is one of the major reasons why du’aa’s are not answered. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, Allaah is Good and only accepts that which is good. Allaah commanded the pious to follow the same commandments as He gave to the Messengers. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘O (you) Messengers! Eat of the Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables, fruits)] and do righteous deeds. Verily, I am Well-Acquainted with what you do’ [al-Mu’minoon 23:51]

‘O you who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism)! Eat of the lawful things that We have provided you with’ [al-Baqarah 2:172]

Then he mentioned a man who has travelled on a long journey and is dishevelled and covered with dust; he stretches forth his hands to the heaven, (saying) “O Lord, O Lord”, but his food is haraam, his drink is haraam, all his nourishment is haraam, so how can he du’aa’ be accepted?” Narrated by Muslim.

The man described by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had some of the characteristics which help du’aa’s to be answered – he was travelling and he was in need of Allaah, may He be exalted and glorified – but the fact that he consumed haraam wealth prevented his du’aa’ from being answered. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

5. Trying to hasten the response. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The du’aa’ of any one of you will be answered so long as he is not impatient and says, ‘I made du’aa’ but it was not answered.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

6. Making the du’aa’ conditional, such as saying, “O Allaah, forgive me if You will” or “O Allaah, have mercy upon me if You will.” The person who makes du’aa’ has to be resolute in his supplication, striving hard and earnestly repeating his du’aa’. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Let not any one of you say, ‘O Allaah, forgive me if You will, O Allaah, have mercy on me if You will.’ Let him be resolute in the matter, whilst knowing that no one can compel Allaah to do anything.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

In order for du’aa’s to be answered, it is not essential to adhere to all of these points and be free of all that could prevent one’s du’aa’s from being answered. That is something which happens very rarely. But one has to try hard and strive towards achieving this.

Another important point is to realize that the response to the du’aa’ may take different forms: either Allaah will respond and fulfil the desire of the person who made the du’aa’, or He will ward off some evil from him because of the du’aa’, or He will make something good easy for him to attain because of it, or He will save it with Him for him on the Day of Resurrection when he will be most in need of it. And Allaah knows best.
Source

you better have read my post sis :p

AnonymousPoster
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
@thread starter. im abit weary about replying to your post, since you may not read it. but cos your my sis in islam, im gna make the effort :D. so god darn it, read it!!! *slams fist on table* :p you better not ignore this post like you have wiv some other beobles here :mmokay: *jokes* :)

seriously, realize that if you wanna change, then you have to make the effort. the fact that you haven't read (if im remembering right :-[ :p) some of the posts in this thread, tells me that you are not sincere in changing. but if you truly want to change, again, you need to be sincere and put in the effort and to also continue making the effort, no matter how many times you fall. no matter how many times you try and fail. :)

life is a test and Patience is a virtue.

dont stop praying. how can you know your sincerity. don't let satan put you off. this whole life sis we don't know where we are going. the Prophet, sallahu aleyhi wa sallam, didn't know where he was going, until certain verses from surat al-Fath were revealed to him!!!! so what about us! :( sis, that doesn't mean you give up because you don't know that your prayers are gna be accepted, it just means you have to strive in moderation, meaning you pray with fear that your prayers are gna be rejected, whilst having the utmost hope that they are gna be accepted innit. after all, islam is moderation, and moderation is success!!! :thumbs_up

also, about your duas and destiny, check this thread out.

and also, about your dua being answered, read this inshallah, and see where it applies to you :) but do NOT give up making dua. image that you do. how do you know that some kinda evil hasn't been removed from you. image by not making dua, that evil that may befall you, that may have been prevented due to your dua. how do you know that there is something better for you in the Hereafter. you just dont :( you just keep making dua, and hope for the best!!!

Source

you better have read my post sis :p

OK, I won't ignore it. :D

Seriously though, did I ignore some posts in here? I hope I didn't, if I did then please forgive me I will go back and check them all. :embarrass

You don't know how much I appreciate the fact that you have taken time out to reply. Alhumdullilah, thank you sister. :cry:

I haven't stopped praying, maybe I missed a few prayers but I haven't completely stopped even though I did feel like it.

The problem is, while I'm praying I start thinking, "I'm praying because I have to, I will make Dua because I have to," then I just laugh at myself silently thinking, "Things will only get worse, but I'll carry on praying". I have no faith left in me, and that is the killer.

Believe me, I used be so determined to wake up, pray my namaz, do my dua and be fully sincere and feel the fresh air and the happiness in my heart after praying.

I did if for years, throughout my depression I tried staying strong. But, the suffering has been so long now, so long that anything I read, duas, their meanings, stories of repentence, miracles of the Qur'an, nothing, nothing makes me feel better. I'm emotionaly and physically drained, I have no strength left in my weak body to believe anything anymore.
The shaytan has well and truely taken over me. I'm still fighting with the little strength I have left, trying to fight the shaytan. I feel like a failure in front of Allah swt, He gave me tests and I'm failing them miserably.

Your right, maybe if I carry on making dua an evil might be reverted from me. I will carry on praying and I hope Allah swt will forgive me for my messed up thinking, and messed up behaviour and InshaAllah I pray that He cures my depression and I hope it never comes back. Ameen.

Please keep me in your duas. imsad

Ansariyah
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Change is inevitable..One day things will change. I hope that u believe that..InshaAllah.

Don't lose ur hope..EVER!

Pls read the story of Prophet ayub (as) n draw ur own conclusions from it.

I have dedicated a poem to u long be4 I even knew ur story, because u remind me of those I had in mind.

here is the poem:
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...hardships.html

muslim sister)
02-11-2009, 12:52 AM

The problem is, while I'm praying I start thinking, "I'm praying because I have to, I will make Dua because I have to," then I just laugh at myself silently thinking, "Things will only get worse, but I'll carry on praying". I have no faith left in me, and that is the killer.

anything I read, duas, their meanings, stories of repentence, miracles of the Qur'an, nothing, nothing makes me feel better. I'm emotionaly and physically drained, I have no strength left in my weak body to believe anything anymore.
The shaytan has well and truely taken over me. I'm still fighting with the little strength I have left, trying to fight the shaytan. I feel like a failure in front of Allah swt, He gave me tests and I'm failing them miserably.

Assalamu Alaikum sister.Sorry my english is bad but I will try to help u.
The red lined phrases is not your words BUT WISPERS FROM SHAYTAN,yes it is wispers from shaytan may he be cursed!!!He is trying to misguide u,make u a disbeliever.Be strong don't let it wisper u,spoil your life,keep praying,make dua,even if u feel like it is not going to be answered,believe me it will be answered,Allah subhanahutaala never ignores his slaves' duas,it will be answered if not in this world,then hereafter InshaAllah,just keep praying and one day u will realise it.never leave faith in Allah,imagine what we were going to do if we didn't have faith.if u truly believe in Allah sooner or later we will go Paradise of course if we will be true believer and only with mercy of Allah InshaAllah,May we all be amongst that people Ameen!!!so why suffering,why bothering,eventually the ease will come InshaAlla,I know easy said than done,I myself now "depressed"but I am trying to fight it,I try not to allow shaytan to feel myself down,of course it is not easy to get over from depression quickly,it needs effort,and only YOU can change your situation,if u go on complaining that u can't get over depression,and won't make any effort,of course ur situation is not going to change,so sister get up and strive for life,take baby steps,start from this:whenever u have bad thoughts like"u will never get over it"say:NO I will get over it,I will live happy life,I will have happy family ,children husband etc..InshaAllah,if u do so,Allah subhanahu taala will see that u are doing effort to change ur situation and He will help u with it,and it will become easier and easier day-by-day,don't expect u will find ease in a month or so,it is going to take long,depends on how hard u work on it.Let me tell u about myself,first days all I did was cry and sleep all day and cry all night,:'(then I said to myself Stop,I will not go on like this,and alhamdulillah day by day I am feeling ease of course some days I do feel sad,cry sometimes,but I realised that I don't cry everyday alhamdulillah,and it is only with help of Allah subhanahutaala,with prayers for him I have been making with duas I have been making to Him,how grateful I am that He made me muslim,alhamdulillah,:statisfieI can't imagine what was I going to do if didn't have faith in Allah,
it is Shaytan's goal to make us measerable and loose our believe in Allah,don't let it!!!Fight it,how difficult it may be.I know that u state is very bad as u think,but you are MUSLIM sister,we have hope that eventually we will get reward inshaAllah for our effort,surely Allah never fails in His promises, imagine what would u do if u were paralised,homeless,no family,and if u didn't believe in Allah,that would be real bad.Allah subhanahu taala has given us great gift "Islam",so whenever I feel depressed I thank Allahu subnahahutaala that he has guided me to the straight path to Islam,I think to myself it is much better to live whole life in misery being muslim (difficult though)than living happily life being kuffar,so sister please don't despair in Allah's mercy (eventually with mercy of Allah u will go to Paradise,and if u make effort u will live happily life as well, Inshaallah,surely after every hardship there will come relief.if u even don't believe in it,make uoyrself believe in it :mad:
see, in your first post you asked us not even to bother in replying,now u ask to remember u in our duas,I am very happy to hear this,it proves that you aren't that bad and negative as you sound to be,deep inside you are very kind person I feel it,it is just you suffered so much as u think,in real there are lots of people in much more difficult situation and believe me they wish they were in our situation,it is as if me feeling good,cos we are both suffering from depression,it is good sign,InshaAllah I will remember u in my duas,I prayed for you yesterday as I read your post in ummah.com,but I was sad as I saw it was closed I was going to post u and found out it was closed,and do u know why they closed it?
sis,try not to offend people who are trying to help you,we here spending our time in typing trying to help u sincerely and u offended some of them,I can understand that u are suffering,but it doesn't give u right to offend people,try to be nice to people,and in exchange Allah will be nice to you inshaallah,maybe that is why as u sayed all your friends went away from you,if u replied to all of them like u replied on ummah even the truest friend can't endure that,imagine u also would turn away from friend like you,don't get offend,I am trying to explain that what u are doing is only harming yourself,we can go away but u can't,so try to find new friends,if u offended old ones go and ask forgiveness and try to be nicer to them next time,I am trying to say that with this attetude with this negative you are killing yourself day-by day
I was going to show u one video,watch it and read carefully what that man says,here is the link:
http://theislamicummah.ning.com/vide...inder-must-see
please,don't be negative,pessimistic,after watching this video I thought to myself,how ungrateful I was towards Allah,He has given me family,I can see,I can walk,I can make sujud to Allah,pray make dua,read Quran,I have home,warm bed,food to eat ,water to drink,hope in future,I have health,if I count it goes on and on and on,as Allah says in Quran if we count blessings of Allah we will never be able to end counting them,subhanallah!!!We are so ungrateful,I felt guilt after seeing this video,maybe because of my ungartefulness I am suffering from depression?!So sister think about it,maybe because of our ungratefulness we are suffering?so Lets start to live new,pure life,without envy,negative,ungratefulness,negative thoughts,lets starts to live being grateful towards Allah,He has granted us with so many things that we have,isn't it wonderful being grateful living pure life,with hope,that eventually there will be ease,and doing this u r actually taking step forward in recovering from depression,and inshaAllah Allah will see that we are being grateful and he will grant us peace of mind with wondeful life in this world and hereafter Inshaallah
Sis,there are many people that would be real HAPPY to have our "depressed condition"so think about it,I am not only telling all this things to u,it is as if I am reminding to myself ,I need to do it myself to,so sis lets start new life with HOPE and beliefe to Allah subhanahutaala :) :) :)

Mujahidah4Allah
02-11-2009, 12:53 AM

i feel for you sis you probably dont want sympathy votes, i wish you lived by me... if i knew where you lived, sometimes when you need an answer, its right in front of you but one chooses to ignore thinking that might not be it... it may take years to discover but once the answer unfolds everything will fit... and i'm not just saying it ...

wa/salam

AnonymousPoster
02-13-2009, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim sister)
Assalamu Alaikum sister.Sorry my english is bad but I will try to help u.
The red lined phrases is not your words BUT WISPERS FROM SHAYTAN,yes it is wispers from shaytan may he be cursed!!!He is trying to misguide u,make u a disbeliever.Be strong don't let it wisper u,spoil your life,keep praying,make dua,even if u feel like it is not going to be answered,believe me it will be answered,Allah subhanahutaala never ignores his slaves' duas,it will be answered if not in this world,then hereafter InshaAllah,just keep praying and one day u will realise it.never leave faith in Allah,imagine what we were going to do if we didn't have faith.if u truly believe in Allah sooner or later we will go Paradise of course if we will be true believer and only with mercy of Allah InshaAllah,May we all be amongst that people Ameen!!!so why suffering,why bothering,eventually the ease will come InshaAlla,I know easy said than done,I myself now "depressed"but I am trying to fight it,I try not to allow shaytan to feel myself down,of course it is not easy to get over from depression quickly,it needs effort,and only YOU can change your situation,if u go on complaining that u can't get over depression,and won't make any effort,of course ur situation is not going to change,so sister get up and strive for life,take baby steps,start from this:whenever u have bad thoughts like"u will never get over it"say:NO I will get over it,I will live happy life,I will have happy family ,children husband etc..InshaAllah,if u do so,Allah subhanahu taala will see that u are doing effort to change ur situation and He will help u with it,and it will become easier and easier day-by-day,don't expect u will find ease in a month or so,it is going to take long,depends on how hard u work on it.Let me tell u about myself,first days all I did was cry and sleep all day and cry all night,:'(then I said to myself Stop,I will not go on like this,and alhamdulillah day by day I am feeling ease of course some days I do feel sad,cry sometimes,but I realised that I don't cry everyday alhamdulillah,and it is only with help of Allah subhanahutaala,with prayers for him I have been making with duas I have been making to Him,how grateful I am that He made me muslim,alhamdulillah,:statisfieI can't imagine what was I going to do if didn't have faith in Allah,
it is Shaytan's goal to make us measerable and loose our believe in Allah,don't let it!!!Fight it,how difficult it may be.I know that u state is very bad as u think,but you are MUSLIM sister,we have hope that eventually we will get reward inshaAllah for our effort,surely Allah never fails in His promises, imagine what would u do if u were paralised,homeless,no family,and if u didn't believe in Allah,that would be real bad.Allah subhanahu taala has given us great gift "Islam",so whenever I feel depressed I thank Allahu subnahahutaala that he has guided me to the straight path to Islam,I think to myself it is much better to live whole life in misery being muslim (difficult though)than living happily life being kuffar,so sister please don't despair in Allah's mercy (eventually with mercy of Allah u will go to Paradise,and if u make effort u will live happily life as well, Inshaallah,surely after every hardship there will come relief.if u even don't believe in it,make uoyrself believe in it :mad:
see, in your first post you asked us not even to bother in replying,now u ask to remember u in our duas,I am very happy to hear this,it proves that you aren't that bad and negative as you sound to be,deep inside you are very kind person I feel it,it is just you suffered so much as u think,in real there are lots of people in much more difficult situation and believe me they wish they were in our situation,it is as if me feeling good,cos we are both suffering from depression,it is good sign,InshaAllah I will remember u in my duas,I prayed for you yesterday as I read your post in ummah.com,but I was sad as I saw it was closed I was going to post u and found out it was closed,and do u know why they closed it?
sis,try not to offend people who are trying to help you,we here spending our time in typing trying to help u sincerely and u offended some of them,I can understand that u are suffering,but it doesn't give u right to offend people,try to be nice to people,and in exchange Allah will be nice to you inshaallah,maybe that is why as u sayed all your friends went away from you,if u replied to all of them like u replied on ummah even the truest friend can't endure that,imagine u also would turn away from friend like you,don't get offend,I am trying to explain that what u are doing is only harming yourself,we can go away but u can't,so try to find new friends,if u offended old ones go and ask forgiveness and try to be nicer to them next time,I am trying to say that with this attetude with this negative you are killing yourself day-by day
I was going to show u one video,watch it and read carefully what that man says,here is the link:
http://theislamicummah.ning.com/vide...inder-must-see
please,don't be negative,pessimistic,after watching this video I thought to myself,how ungrateful I was towards Allah,He has given me family,I can see,I can walk,I can make sujud to Allah,pray make dua,read Quran,I have home,warm bed,food to eat ,water to drink,hope in future,I have health,if I count it goes on and on and on,as Allah says in Quran if we count blessings of Allah we will never be able to end counting them,subhanallah!!!We are so ungrateful,I felt guilt after seeing this video,maybe because of my ungartefulness I am suffering from depression?!So sister think about it,maybe because of our ungratefulness we are suffering?so Lets start to live new,pure life,without envy,negative,ungratefulness,negative thoughts,lets starts to live being grateful towards Allah,He has granted us with so many things that we have,isn't it wonderful being grateful living pure life,with hope,that eventually there will be ease,and doing this u r actually taking step forward in recovering from depression,and inshaAllah Allah will see that we are being grateful and he will grant us peace of mind with wondeful life in this world and hereafter Inshaallah
Sis,there are many people that would be real HAPPY to have our "depressed condition"so think about it,I am not only telling all this things to u,it is as if I am reminding to myself ,I need to do it myself to,so sis lets start new life with HOPE and beliefe to Allah subhanahutaala :) :) :)

Alhumdullilah thank you for taking time out to reply, honestly I really appreciate it.

I am trying to bring the hope slowly. Some of it has come back Alhumdullilah, some of it of it I'm still uncertain about. But, it's a start.

I'm starting therapy soon, and when I asked the doctor if it will help, he didn't even sound too sure. Allah I can do is put my trust in Allah SWT and see how it goes. I'm still in complete misery and the hardest thing is trying to think positive. imsad

sevgi
02-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Alhumdullilah thank you for taking time out to reply, honestly I really appreciate it.

I am trying to bring the hope slowly. Some of it has come back Alhumdullilah, some of it of it I'm still uncertain about. But, it's a start.

I'm starting therapy soon, and when I asked the doctor if it will help, he didn't even sound too sure. Allah I can do is put my trust in Allah SWT and see how it goes. I'm still in complete misery and the hardest thing is trying to think positive. imsad
Sis, it is all in your hands. You are gonna look back and be like...'what the hell..was that me????'

Brother Fighting4iman will probably remember best how unstable I was. Seriously...it's a matter of time before you just outgrow your problems.

I learnt that people outgrow everything...including problems...no matter how detremental..I just look back and cannot recognise myself. I cant.

You are going to be fine. You are because you believe in Allah and you cant just go on like this...and no one will fix you but you. Good to see you are taking steps towards betterment.

glo
02-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Good that you are starting therapy soon!
Try to feel positive about it and see how it goes. It's a new start and a new opportunity to create a change.

Let us know how you are getting on ... :)

muslim sister)
02-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Sis, it is all in your hands. You are gonna look back and be like...'what the hell..was that me????'

Brother Fighting4iman will probably remember best how unstable I was. Seriously...it's a matter of time before you just outgrow your problems.

I learnt that people outgrow everything...including problems...no matter how detremental..I just look back and cannot recognise myself. I cant.

You are going to be fine. You are because you believe in Allah and you cant just go on like this...and no one will fix you but you. Good to see you are taking steps towards betterment.
Glad to hear good news,InshaAllah everything will be fine,keep us informed,we do care about you

sevgi
02-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Glad to hear good news,InshaAllah everything will be fine,keep us informed,we do care about you
Me? Lol..I'm awesomely finey winey.

muslim sister)
02-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Me? Lol..I'm awesomely finey winey.
Sorry I quoted ur post by mistake and later realized it,but here there were no options to edit it,so left it like that:-[

sevgi
02-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Sorry I quoted ur post by mistake and later realized it,but here there were no options to edit it,so left it like that:-[
Hehehe...that is quite alright sis. You will be able to edit your posts once you have reached 50 posts.

:)

BNDGR
02-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Asalam alaikum,
I can feel how much pain your in, I'm so sorry, inshallah SOMETHING will change for the better for you soon! Noone should feel so alone and suffer as much as you are.
I don't think there is anything anyone can say to you at this point you just need to vent since this is a good place for it. Inshallah I do wish you comfort and peace of mind and for you to see the light at the end of your tunnel!, and I will make dua for you.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-14-2009, 09:12 AM
OK, I won't ignore it. :D

Seriously though, did I ignore some posts in here? I hope I didn't, if I did then please forgive me I will go back and check them all. :embarrass
maybe i misunderstood something then :-[ lol hmmm....

You don't know how much I appreciate the fact that you have taken time out to reply. Alhumdullilah, thank you sister. :cry:
Barakallahu feeki, not a problem :)

I haven't stopped praying, maybe I missed a few prayers but I haven't completely stopped even though I did feel like it.
okie dokie! but you know that you cant do that! you gotta strive to keep all five :p im serous sis, pull your socks up!

answer one question for me:
when you pray, do you intend on praying because you have to, as you mentioned? do you make dua because you have to? what is your intention when you get up to pray?

you cant say you have no faith left in you, because you are a Muslim. one who didn't have faith, wouldn't be a Muslim, and wouldnt be ranting and raving on lol about their fear of their prayers, and duas, no? if you didst care you wouldn't have that worry in you to find out what your prob is, right! but you are a Muslim, alhamdulillah. all you have to do, is build and cultivate that lil seed of faith into a giant been stalk lol where at the end of the day you pick your beans. i.e jannah, inshallah. :statisfie:D woo.. you're new name is now Jacqueline :p :D
Believe me, I used be so determined to wake up, pray my namaz, do my dua and be fully sincere and feel the fresh air and the happiness in my heart after praying.
maybe your're trying too hard. you try hard you :p maybe your're exerting yourself un-necessarily, meaning you do deeds for the sake of it, without it really begin your true desire. you know, like you feel you have to make dua. nah sis, if thats the case, then your being excessive, and you only should do what as much as you feel like doing. even if that be the smallest amount. now obviously i mean this for voluntary acts of worship. as for the obligatory ones, such as prayer, ukhtee you HAVE to fear allah in regards to these, and perform them. :( these are obligatory! you simply have no excuse...even if you were sick, you aren't allowed to give up your prayers...
stick with the obligatory duties first, and when you feel good enough, step up abit, and read some extra quran during the day, for eg. but for now, you HAVE to work on praying your all five. theres no excuse sis! :)
you know, maybe you should pray or do your 'ibaadah with someone. maybe a sibling/friend or something...

I did if for years, throughout my depression I tried staying strong. But, the suffering has been so long now, so long that anything I read, duas, their meanings, stories of repentence, miracles of the Qur'an, nothing, nothing makes me feel better.
although i agree that these things you just mentioned do make one feel better, try other permissible methods of trying to feel better. maybe see a friend, smell the roses dudette, smell the roses :ooh: :p. go for walk. listen to a nasheed. think outside the square, and do something different! :D sure 'ibaadah is important, but there are other stuff in our life that we need to tend to also :)

I'm emotionaly and physically drained, I have no strength left in my weak body to believe anything anymore.
dont over exert yourself sis...just. be. paitent. i seriously cant think of anything more benefical to advice one who has tried everything and has nothing left. seriously, have patience. see, the best things in life are for free :D and dont we all like a freebie :p

well if you haven't given up then your not a failure, right. so as long as you keep patiently persevere and praying, dude your in to score, big time :p *inshallah*

Your right, maybe if I carry on making dua an evil might be reverted from me. I will carry on praying and I hope Allah swt will forgive me for my messed up thinking, and messed up behaviour and InshaAllah I pray that He cures my depression and I hope it never comes back. Ameen.
alhamdulilah, keep it up :thumbs_up

i completely and utterly disagree lol :) i do know that certain things in our life, deffo affects the way we turn out and all. however to say that one has failed due to these, is going a step far. you know why? cos what happens to you, and how you react to it, are two different things. i understand why you will connect them somehow, but you still have the free will to change your negative into a positive, by the will of allah. do you not?

name me ONE thing that you are not able to do to change your negative into a positive. just one. sure you come from a broken family, but you're still one whole, right? so why cant you do something to change your condition.
what are YOU personally doing to change yourself. are you just making dua and sitting and waiting for change? it doesn't work like that. its like sitting and hoping for a job, but not looking for one, or going for interviews, etc. tell me, how is that logical? as long as your're able to do something about it, then do so.

all this it just feeling sorry for yourself, and it isn't gna get you anywhere... in fact, it makes you go backwards, no?
i mean for how long have you been feeling so down for, your whole life you say? so tell me, for how long has sitting and feeling depressed and not doing anything about it helped you. hasn't it occurred to you that perhaps you need to do somethings differently. :)
you have the means to change sis, but your problem does not lie in what happened to you, and how you feel, etc...your problem lies in that your not doing anything to change. :)

The Ruler
02-14-2009, 12:24 PM
It seems as though you know what your future is and what it holds. And yet,

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT FOR SURE ONLY ALLAH SWT KNOWS!!!

You're funny. No really. That's hilarious.

DON'T TELL ME THEY MIGHT BE UNHAPPY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!!! AT LEAST THEY CAN MANAGE A SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Managing a smile whilst being unhappy is more painful than you think. To always pretend and smile even when you're sad, angry and/or frustrated is p-taking. Yet people do that. Why? I don't know.

I believe that when advising someone, slapping them with reality is the best pathway. But if I were to do that, I'd be ignoring Alpha nee-chan's, "Speak and advise kindly." Tch.

Danah
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Your post bring tears to my eyes :cry:I am really sorry to read ur first post, it made me feel very sad Wallahi
but sis, do you really think that u r the most person on the face of this earth who are suffering in hardships????
Please don't tell me I will live a happier life in the hereafter, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT FOR SURE ONLY ALLAH SWT KNOWS!!!
u dont know that either my dear!! so dont lose the hope

I say Istighfar all the time but I can't say it like I mean it, I can't recite the Qur'an like I mean it anymore, I can't read any dua like I mean it anymore
see? u have the tools but u need to use them correctly, u need to make them coming from the heart. from the deep of ur heart my dear, I know its very hard in ur case, but believe me if u keep trying u will do it at the end, u will prove to Allah that u r very sincere in that, not just say them in ur praying and thats it. As u said in one of your posts, you pray but u asked urself whether there is a use of praying or not. Do u think that if u make any duaa in that situation u will make it really from your heart?
I dont think so at all. sister, u have to put all ur trust in Allah, imagine as if u r about thrown in a big, deep, scary hole and the bottom of that hole, there will a fire, or monitors or anything scary and that u have no one to help....no one, okay?
then u start fulling down in that very deep hole and in ur way to the bottom u r surely 100% that u will not get hurt when u hit the ground, because u r very sure that Allah will protect u from any harm----> that is the ultimate trust in Allah

remember the story of prophet Ibrahim peace be upon him, his people threw him in the fire, what was his reaction? did he said that its gonna be the end? he kept his patient and was fully aware that Allah will not leave him, and that what happened, how can the fire turned to a cool breeze!! If Allah want something it is just a "Be"

look at the prophet Mohammed Peace Be Upon him when he was with his friend Abu Bakar Assidiq on the cave of Thowr when Quraish men were chasing them and they were exactly under their feet in that cave, Abu Baker said: "if anyone of them look at his feet position he will definitely see us"...and if they got caught they will be for sure killed, but what did the Prophet said?
he said: "dont get scared, Allah is with us"
that is the ultimate trust in Allah

so sister, your Shaitan is playing very perfectly in ur heart, dont let him get you, burn him with ur pure intent to change.
I can see that you are a pious sister that's why u are still trying to make ur prayers and duaa better, if its someone else he/she will just gave up and live a miserable life without even think about return back to allah

"Verily after hardship comes relief" YES that is correct for everyone EXCEPT ME!

"No soul is burdened with more than it can bare" YES for all of you EXCEPT ME!!!!!
My dear sister, this is a very serious thing, Dont decide that by yourself, you are not the God to decide whether those versus are excluding u or not. Be Careful !! jazaki allah khair

I was very sad to read that from you sister, its as u r not believing in the powers of Duaa :cry:

But here, wallahi u have no idea how relieved I felt to see that u start changing through ur posts from the beginning to ur last post :)

May Allah make your whole life easy, cheerful, full with happiness until u die and even after ur death in ur grave
May Allah wipe all of ur sins by what u have been through in ur life
May Allah strengthen your eman by this experience u r going through and help u to go through this test
May Allah compensate all ur patience and grant u a very bright future

and Finally May u find this post kind of helpful because I am not good at giving advices or make the others feel better :-[ imsad

you r in my duaa my dear sister :)

kjra
02-14-2009, 05:55 PM
I've been depressed for so long now (years yes YEARS) that I am so close to losing faith or maybe I've already lost it. I pray as much as I can but I give up now. I still feel the need to pray, but having the sincerety and even trying to believe that eventually my duas will be answered and I will get better is an impossibilty.

I can't think like that anymore, it's probably not worth me praying if I haven't got the sincerety in my heart right? Should I just give up altogether and accept that this is my life and I will NEVER get better?

Please don't tell me things will change and I have to believe they will and all that crap because my kismet is already written, I can't do anything, that's right NOT even make dua because it will never be accepted.

After years and years of trying to make my life better, it collapses on top of me again and again. I pray and I pray and yes I shouldn't be complaining like this but how else am i supposed to let this anger and these frustrations out to release the tension?

No one else listens, my family don't care, my friends are sick of me and my depression (not good friends I know) or maybe i've driven them away by being miserable all the time.

I wake up every morning feeling painfully lonely, empty, like I'm already dead just walking around in a body, nothing to look forward too, no true friends, no family who actually care. I drive around in my car and I just cry while i'm driving, I used to play the Qur'an in my car, but not even that makes me feel better. Even after praying, I feel lifeless and empty.

Why should anyone care how i feel? Afterall, I'm just another 'nobody' walking around on this earth waiting to drop dead with this torturous pain and loneliness.

I say Istighfar all the time but I can't say it like I mean it, I can't recite the Qur'an like I mean it anymore, I can't read any dua like I mean it anymore, I feel treacherously hopeless. All these words can't describe the pain and suffering I'm going through.

What I do, should I just give up and accept that I was born to live in misery? If Allah swt is forgiving, why after years of asking for forgiveness am I still suffering this much? Why do people say "Allah doesn't burden a soul more than it can bear"? When I feel i could collapse and die any minute from this pain that has built up over the years and has got too much for me to handle?

Do I really have to accept the fact that i will NEVER see the light at the end of the tunnel?

None of these matter to all of you, you are just reading, you can't feel what i feel.

These words are nothing. I'm nothing, this world is nothing!!! My pain doesn't mean anything to anybody.

One day people will be sad and the next day they find relief. Allah swt eases their pain after a while.

But my pain doesn't matter, it carries on and on and it doesn't stop hurting. This is not a TEST IT'S NEVERENDING TORTURE!!!!!

Are you all happy? haha, did you all find 'relief after hardship' hahahaaaaaa GOOD FOR U!!!!!!!

Are any of you going through hardship right now this very minute????? What is your hardship? It's probably so minor and pathetic you call it HARDSHIP LOL!!!!!!

Don't worry about me, I'm just another excuse for a human being!!!!! MY FEELINGS DON'T COUNT!!!!!!

SORRY IF I'VE OFFENDED ANYONE I DON'T MEAN TO, YOUR PROBLEMS MUST BE REAL BAD!!!!!

Assalamu-alaikum sis, i really don't know what to say. I was crying when i read your post. I obviously don't know what exaclty ur problems are but this is exactly how i feel sometimes. For years too i have been suffering from depression.....there were times i have felt that there was no option for me other then death.....but i am still here! I know the only reason i am here is because of my faith in Allah. Without my belief in Allah i am nothing.
Sometimes i feel so low that it makes me question why im here.....things get soo bad sometimes that i find the smallest things so hard. There are times when i don't feel like getting up from bed......but i push myself....the only reason i push myself to get up is so that i do not miss my prayer.

I wake up everyday thinking today will be different.....but it usually is the same. I believe that whatever i am going through is a test from Allah, but why does the same hardship repeats its self! Sometimes i feel like i am going around in a circle.......! The things i have been through i wudn't wish it on my worst enemy......[not so long ago....i did wish it!]

I found it so hard to talk to any one about it.....evryone knew what i was going through but they would always tell me that some one else is worse of then i am....so i should think that i am really lucky....! but how am i? I obviously knew that there is no way that they can understand what i am going through......i felt so alone! You talk about the emptyness, the lonliness, the heart ache.......i too feel it.....but i am slowly learning to ignore it. How is that possible.....right? I don't know......i keep praying to Allah....maybe its because of that....i don't know.
There is nothing much in my life to look forward to......espicially with everything i have been through.
There is a tiny hope still alive in me........i don't want to kill that hope.

My family and friends can't understand what i am going through.....when i tried to open up to them they hurt me more some how......now i just 'pretend' im fine......when inside im just tearing up. It helps when i pretend......
When they go on about there so called 'problems'.....such as 'im feeling so depressed, i cannot go on holiday this year'.......it makes me wanna laugh at their face.....! lol.......but i don't! I pretend ....'yeh it must really depressing for you!'
No one can truly understand our pains except Allah......
Why doesn't Allah answer our prayers?....Only Allah knows...maybe he has something better in store for us......thats what i keep telling myself.
I keep thinking there is something i am doing wrong.....i don't know what though!

When i read your post.....it sounded so much like what i had wrote down on my journal.........yeh i know im kinda sad fro having a journal! But i find it helps sometimes to write.....so u can vent your anger.....no one's going to get hurt by that right? Obviously it doesn't solve your problems.....but it made me see how bitter i had become....it made me see how much i have changed from a loving and out going person.....to.......!

Anyways i realise that the only thing i can do is pray, pray and pray. I just think that if i were to continue having a life of miseary....and die....then at least i cud ask Allah why?....but if i do not fulfill my duties towards Him.....how can i possibley ask Allah 'why?'.......because in my heart i already know the reason.......

So i am trying to.....I know i have nothing to look forward to in my life....but im still trying........
All i can say to u sister...is that keep praying. If its possible try doing Umraah. And if u can then drink Zam Zam water evryday. I am definately going to include you in my dua. May Allah bless you and protect you always.

AnonymousPoster
03-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Still no changes, still dying and slowly collapsing with the torture.

Alhumdullilah for giving me this pain and torture, and for giving happiness to the people who destroyed me. ALHUMDULLILAH. :enough!:

kjra
03-02-2009, 05:09 PM

Alhumdullilah for giving me this pain and torture, and for giving happiness to the people who destroyed me. ALHUMDULLILAH. :enough!:
aww sis i really wish i cud take away ur pain.....but i can't. All i can do is remember u in my duas. Please sis, take care. may Allah ease ur pain.Ameen

IbnAbdulHakim
03-02-2009, 07:19 PM

didnt go travelling yet eh

anonymous
03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Then why have I gone further away from Him? No it's not a test. Having my iman would have been one thing that kept me sane, now I've completely lost it!!

Why would Allah swt want to help me, all I'm doing is complaining and not being thankful for what I have got. And the worst thing is, I can't even help the way I feel or think after going through so much hardship. imsad
:salamext:

Because He loves you. He loves his slave more than 70 mothers, and He's always waiting for you to call out to Him, to ask of Him, and He will give. That is a promise.

I envy you sis! I really do!

Just imagine, you've been through so many sorrows in this world, what will your status be on the Day of Judgment and in the Hereafter?

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 70, Number 551:
Narrated 'Abdullah: I visited Allah's Apostle while he was suffering from a high fever. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! You have a high fever." He said, "Yes, I have as much fever as two men of you." I said, "Is it because you will have a double reward?" He said, "Yes, it is so. No Muslim is afflicted with any harm, even if it were the prick of a thorn, but that Allah expiates his sins because of that, as a tree sheds its leaves."
Think about whatever pain you go through, your sins are shedded from you like a tree sheds its leaves! SubhaanAllaah look at the Mercy!

You're saying Allaah doesn't answer your prayers right? This used to be my thoughts and sometimes I still get these thoughts, astagfirullah. But Allah is never unjust, deep down we all know that. But the stress and the worry is ignited in our heart, and shaytaan turns that into a flame, by making us think bad thoughts about our Rabb, astagfirullah.

May Allaah ease your troubles, give you happiness in both worlds, and grant you a place in Jannat ul Firdous, Ameen. That is a sincered dua from my heart for my sister. InshaAllaah, when Allah has His Mercy on me and lets me enter Paradise, I shall reuqest from Allaah to let me meet my sister in Islam:smile:

I am a sister by the way, just incase you're thinking I don't want to meet no strange bro lol :D

Take Care <3 x

:wasalamex

AnonymousPoster
03-18-2009, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:salamext:

Because He loves you. He loves his slave more than 70 mothers, and He's always waiting for you to call out to Him, to ask of Him, and He will give. That is a promise.

I envy you sis! I really do!

Just imagine, you've been through so many sorrows in this world, what will your status be on the Day of Judgment and in the Hereafter?

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 70, Number 551:
Narrated 'Abdullah: I visited Allah's Apostle while he was suffering from a high fever. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! You have a high fever." He said, "Yes, I have as much fever as two men of you." I said, "Is it because you will have a double reward?" He said, "Yes, it is so. No Muslim is afflicted with any harm, even if it were the prick of a thorn, but that Allah expiates his sins because of that, as a tree sheds its leaves."
Think about whatever pain you go through, your sins are shedded from you like a tree sheds its leaves! SubhaanAllaah look at the Mercy!

You're saying Allaah doesn't answer your prayers right? This used to be my thoughts and sometimes I still get these thoughts, astagfirullah. But Allah is never unjust, deep down we all know that. But the stress and the worry is ignited in our heart, and shaytaan turns that into a flame, by making us think bad thoughts about our Rabb, astagfirullah.

May Allaah ease your troubles, give you happiness in both worlds, and grant you a place in Jannat ul Firdous, Ameen. That is a sincered dua from my heart for my sister. InshaAllaah, when Allah has His Mercy on me and lets me enter Paradise, I shall reuqest from Allaah to let me meet my sister in Islam:smile:

I am a sister by the way, just incase you're thinking I don't want to meet no strange bro lol :D

Take Care <3 x

:wasalamex
Alhumdullilah that was sooo beautiful sis. Thank yo so much for taking time out to write such a beautiful things. I have tears in my eyes :cry:

I'm still hurting so much, still hurting like crazy, like no being has felt this pain, it's tortore sis, I don't know how long I can stand and breathe. :exhausted

Danah
03-18-2009, 11:36 AM
May Allah make things easy for you sis

you are still in my mind from the first time I read your thread :cry:........and you are always in my duaa

AnonymousPoster
03-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Alhumdullilah that was sooo beautiful sis. Thank yo so much for taking time out to write such a beautiful things. I have tears in my eyes :cry:

I'm still hurting so much, still hurting like crazy, like no being has felt this pain, it's tortore sis, I don't know how long I can stand and breathe. :exhausted
It's not easy my dear sis, who said it was? It's not. But we need to ask Allah for strength and patience to overcome these difficulties, and InshaAllah He will definitely Help us :thumbs_up

Cabdullahi
03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
is it a sister? wow....i thought it was brother...too aggressive to be a sister........

anyways all i can say is hang in there ukhti and just be brave....this is life and no matter what struggle you endure you have to discipline your soul and just ask allah

the sahabahs were suffering a million times more torture than you and despite that they kept saying in humbleness ''when will allah give us victory''...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.