/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Travel

crayon
02-10-2009, 09:46 AM
As some of you may have noticed, I'm a little obsessed with travel.
The thrill of seeing new places and meeting new people, discovering different cultures and traditions, trying different things is just beautiful.

I thought we could make a thread where any "travelers" here could describe their journeys, discuss places we'd like to go, share travel advice.. That sort of thing.

Okay, so some questions to get it going..

Where have you been?
What have been your favorite places? Why?
Any profound travel experiences?
Where would you like to go next?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Erm, yeah, don't overwhelm me with responses or anything...:uuh:

Güven
02-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I guess no one travels :ermm:

*charisma*
02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Only places I've been to were Palestine and Jordan.

I would like to go to Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Japan, and Malaysia...mostly just because of the landscapes and architecture.

Profound traveling experiences? Hmm, getting lost is always an experience :D

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
:salamext:

The places Ive been to are the Netherlands(obviously), Germany, Belgium, England and Turkey.
Its interesting to see people from different cultures and languages.

btw dont ever talk loud in London...those cops are crazy there lol :uuh:

I would love to travel the World especially the east! The far far far East :thumbs_up

smile
02-10-2009, 06:46 PM
travelling is awesome!!!!!

~Taalibah~
02-10-2009, 07:04 PM
:sl:
The places worthy of note that i've been to so far are Makkah and Madinah Shareef.
Madinah shareef is my favourite. Absolutely peaceful.
As for experiances, i was too young to be able to take in. Only thing i remember was getting lost!

Places i'd really like to go visit are Canada, Malysia, Indonesia and India Insha'Allah.

zanjabeela
02-11-2009, 05:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
The thrill of seeing new places and meeting new people, discovering different cultures and traditions, trying different things is just beautiful.

I thought we could make a thread where any "travelers" here could describe their journeys, discuss places we'd like to go, share travel advice.. That sort of thing.

Where have you been?
I haven't been to many places, so I'll probably separate them out into separate posts to make it seem like I've been around. lol No, I'm kidding...just out of time constraints :)

Malaysia, it was beautiful, of course. I don't think I've ever seen a friendlier people. You can be waiting in a bus station, and the girl next to you will just start talking to you about how you like it there, if you need anything, etc. The people really make the place pop.

We wanted to take a bus to the north of Malaysia, to Kota Baru, because my uncle had lived there for a while and said it was gorgeous. So, we were asking for directions to the bus station, and this man tells us, "Oh, don't take the bus. I'll be going there this evening and you can come with me." Just offering a ride to total strangers in the middle of a busy Kuala Lampur street...it was astonishing.

When we went for Hajj, there were some sisters sitting next to us in Masjid Nabawi who turned out to be from Kota Baru...when we said that we had visited, they were so happy that they gave us their address and phone number so that "the next time you're there, you must come visit us!!!" Seriously, what genuine people, mashaAllah. The people really make the place, more than anything else.

I hope others share their experiences here too.

:w:

Intisar
02-11-2009, 06:23 AM

Where have you been?
:sl: A bit of family was political, granddad was an ambassador, so from a young age I travelled a lot with my grandmother (his wife, may Allah have mercy on her).

My sister lives down under, so I definitely want to visit there sometime inshaa'Allaah.

I hate waiting in terminals and stuff, I'm so impatient and something always has to go wrong. I wish we could just teleport ourselves to places lol; wishful thinking eh. But seriously, this past summer I was waiting in the airplane for like 5 hours, couldn't use phones or anything, my family was so worried. I arrived at my destination about 6 hours later than planned. I was hungry and cranky; subhan'Allaah I would never want to experience anything like that again.

My travel experiences have been pretty fun though, I've gotten lost with my mum and sisters in certain countries and my mum became a source of entertainment in times of distress.

When I was younger my grandma (may Allah have mercy on her, I used to call her mommy number one) used to take me around Kenya and take pictures so that I could see them when I became older. I wish I could back though and kind of relive a bit of my childhood.

crayon
02-11-2009, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I guess no one travels :ermm:
Blasphemy!:ooh:

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Only places I've been to were Palestine and Jordan.

I would like to go to Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Japan, and Malaysia...mostly just because of the landscapes and architecture.

Profound traveling experiences? Hmm, getting lost is always an experience
Palestine mashallah, is it really as dangerous there as it looks? What was it like?
I had a palestinian friend who went to visit a few years back, at first I was like "are you crazy come home RIGHT NOW!", but then she explained it's safe.. she really loved it, seeing her heritage and stuff.

I'd love to go to spain.. We learned about Andalusia in school a bit, so it would be cool to try to relive what it was like then..

Lol, getting lost is always an interesting experience!:p

:salamext:

The places Ive been to are the Netherlands(obviously), Germany, Belgium, England and Turkey.
Its interesting to see people from different cultures and languages.

btw dont ever talk loud in London...those cops are crazy there lol :uuh:

I would love to travel the World especially the east! The far far far East :thumbs_up
I've been to Amsterdam.. We were walking down the street and I saw a sign for a torture museum.. I really wanted to go, but my dad wouldn't let me, used the excuse of "we don't have enough time"...Hmph.:mmokay:

format_quote Originally Posted by Farashah
The places worthy of note that i've been to so far are Makkah and Madinah Shareef.
Madinah shareef is my favourite. Absolutely peaceful.

Places i'd really like to go visit are Canada, Malysia, Indonesia and India Insha'Allah.
Mashallah.. I've only been to madinah once, when I was a kid.. I really want to go again though, inshallah.

India is #1 on my list!:D

format_quote Originally Posted by zAnjabeela
Malaysia, it was beautiful, of course. I don't think I've ever seen a friendlier people. You can be waiting in a bus station, and the girl next to you will just start talking to you about how you like it there, if you need anything, etc. The people really make the place pop.
Yes, I completely agree about Malaysians, they are the sweetest people ever! We had barely landed at the airport, waiting for our luggage, and this old malaysian lady started talking to us, telling us where to go, giving us advice. Mashallah, they're very hospitable and friendly..

format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
:sl: A bit of family was political, granddad was an ambassador, so from a young age I travelled a lot with my grandmother (his wife, may Allah have mercy on her).

I hate waiting in terminals and stuff, I'm so impatient and something always has to go wrong. I wish we could just teleport ourselves to places lol; wishful thinking eh. But seriously, this past summer I was waiting in the airplane for like 5 hours, couldn't use phones or anything, my family was so worried. I arrived at my destination about 6 hours later than planned. I was hungry and cranky; subhan'Allaah I would never want to experience anything like that again.

When I was younger my grandma (may Allah have mercy on her, I used to call her mommy number one) used to take me around Kenya and take pictures so that I could see them when I became older. I wish I could back though and kind of relive a bit of my childhood.
Ahh yes sis, that's one good thing about being part of a diplomatic family that's travels alot, mashallah.

Lol, you never know, some people thought it wishful thinking when humans wanted to fly.. And now we're doing it!
I'm weird in the fact that I actually like the "travel" part of traveling. Waiting ages at the airport, losing luggage, plane being delayed, getting lost in airports with 10 minutes until the plane takes off.. It adds to the excitement for me, lol.

Kenya, wow!! It's also on my list of places to go, lol, number 4. What's it like there?

Faseeha
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM

I absolutely love traveling, Although I haven't done much of it, yet!

I've been to India and Dubai, both interesting experiences.

Places I'd love to go to: that would be EVERYWHERE!

It's one of my dreams to travel the world Insha'Allah. I'd want to start with Makkah and Medinah though. Also on the top of the list, America, France, Italy, UK, Egypt, and the list goes on......

S_87
02-11-2009, 12:22 PM

I'm weird in the fact that I actually like the "travel" part of traveling. Waiting ages at the airport, losing luggage, plane being delayed, getting lost in airports with 10 minutes until the plane takes off.. It adds to the excitement for me, lol.
i totally love that part too..i love airports n the whole checking in, getting onto plane (and having loads of luggage :rolleyes: ) thing

ardianto
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
I have an obsession of traveling around the world.
Staying in a foreign country for few days, few weeks or few months, then move to other country. From continent to continent, from north pole to south pole.
But I cannot do that because I have a family. They need me in our home, and I must work, making money for my family. I cannot leave my beloved wife and sons.

Alhamdulillah, I got a solution. An internet !.
With internet I can traveling around the world, meet people from many countries without leaving my chair.:)

Ansariyah
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I have been & lived in so many countries, I lost count, lemme see:

Germany, Holland, UK, France, USA. Syria, Egypt, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Italy, Portugal.

The most profound travel experience for me is learning to speak 5 languages, I want to learn more languages InshaAllah.

Silver
02-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I've only been to Syria. :) I'd like to go to Malaysia, Turkey, Palestine, India, Italy, USA, China...

crayon
02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Mashallah brother, may Allah reward you for your dedication to them.

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I have an obsession of traveling around the world.
Staying in a foreign country for few days, few weeks or few months, then move to other country. From continent to continent, from north pole to south pole.
And I'm the exact same way. No family yet though, hoping to see some of the world before I get tied down somewhere!

crayon
02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I have been & lived in so many countries, I lost count, lemme see:

Germany, Holland, UK, France, USA. Syria, Egypt, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Italy, Portugal.

The most profound travel experience for me is learning to speak 5 languages, I want to learn more languages InshaAllah.
Five languages, mashallah!
Out of those places, which did you enjoy the most?

format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
I've only been to Syria. :) I'd like to go to Malaysia, Turkey, Palestine, India, Italy, USA, China...
Ooh cool, which part of Syria did you go to??

Intisar
02-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Ahh yes sis, that's one good thing about being part of a diplomatic family that's travels alot, mashallah.

Lol, you never know, some people thought it wishful thinking when humans wanted to fly.. And now we're doing it!

Kenya, wow!! It's also on my list of places to go, lol, number 4. What's it like there?
It's amazing, animals come around people's houses (like hyenas) and people don't even mind it most of the time. Others try to chase them away; hyenas are wuss's they start making that weird laughing noise. The scenery is amazing too, and the air is just so different. Everything is so fresh. It's just amazing, I wish I could go back. imsad

crayon
02-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Lived in (in order)
Syria
Canada
Saudi Arabia
Bahrain
UAE
Saudi Arabia again

Visited
Germany
Holland
Malaysia
Lebanon
Turkey
Oman
Canada (vacation besides living there)
Jordan

Want to visit
India
South Africa
Spain
Kenya
Iran
Bhutan
Peru
Morocco
Tonga
Iceland
UK (especially scotland)
Finland
Mongolia
Nepal
China
New Zealand
Argentina
(you can see which list is longest, lol)

Cities I love
Montreal
Aleppo
Kuala Lumpur
Melaka
Abu Dhabi

crayon
02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
It's amazing, animals come around people's houses (like hyenas) and people don't even mind it most of the time. Others try to chase them away; hyenas are wuss's they start making that weird laughing noise. The scenery is amazing too, and the air is just so different. Everything is so fresh. It's just amazing, I wish I could go back. imsad
Wow, mashallah.. Hyenas are probably just their version of backyard rascals, instead of raccoons, squirrels, or stray cats, lol.

Mikayeel
02-11-2009, 06:28 PM

My ambition is to go around the world! Travel and see each country (except the really cold ones!) And InshAllah i will be blessed with a partner who shares the same dream!

So inshALlah i might study zoology and part of the course i might visit one of these counties:

Ecuador
South africa
Spain
Greece
Australia

I have been to :

Sudan
Syria
Egypt
Holland
England/Wales
Belgium
France
Germany
USA
India

I want to visit (The ones i realllllyy like)

Malaysia
Brazil
Bolivia
USA - Miami
Australia
Madagascar
China or Japan (i know they are very different, but one of the 2 will do)

Zahida
02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
:sl::sl: I would ike to travel to ALL the Islamic countries around the world and admire Allahs' beauty all around and read namaaz in al the beautiful Masjids in all the different countries............................

I would start off in Makkah and then hopefully finish there tooooooooo..............................:w::)

Silver
02-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Ooh cool, which part of Syria did you go to??
I've been to Syria a lot of times. I went to Halab, Tartous, Homos, Damascus & some villages in southern syria.

bewildred
02-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I've been to some countries already. But the very one that left me speechless is the Algerian Sahara. It's amazing, gorgeous, breathe taking.... I can go on and use all the superlatives. To witness the sunset on the Hoggar or Tassili is something that will remain forever in my memory. I wait for my kids to grow a bit older to share with them this magic.

*charisma*
02-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Palestine mashallah, is it really as dangerous there as it looks? What was it like?
I had a palestinian friend who went to visit a few years back, at first I was like "are you crazy come home RIGHT NOW!", but then she explained it's safe.. she really loved it, seeing her heritage and stuff.

I'd love to go to spain.. We learned about Andalusia in school a bit, so it would be cool to try to relive what it was like then..

Lol, getting lost is always an interesting experience!:p
Uhmmm it really depends on where you go. Obviously, the more you roam the lands, the more dangerous it can get. There's a lot of risks to take depending on how much you want to get out of the trip.

In particular, of course, are the checkpoints. There's a differences between certain checkpoints, like some are REALLY bad, and others you can pass through a bit more easily. Three checkpoints specifically, that I'll never forget were the ones I had to pass through coming from Hebron, I've witnessed things first hand that literally would've made me a mujahid right then and there, and not because of the severity of the situation, but just to know that there are situations more severe than this and that this is probably the lightest of them all. I'd do it all over again, though, just because of the experience and how much perspective I got in that one day that I couldn't have ever imagined in a lifetime of just wondering, and it definitely gave me an iman boost. That's the treasure that comes with traveling, subhanallah.

Then there's the nature, sunsets, architecture, history, and the relationship between residential Jews and Arabs. It's pretty nice, and if you stay in your own hometown or surrounding towns, then it's pretty safe, especially if you're an American citizen, and it's not as scary as it may seem when you consider anything bad that happens there as the typical norm of everyday life.

And yeah Spain has an amazing history...I'd also like to see old mosques inshallah.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

crayon
02-12-2009, 07:59 AM
^^ Jazaki Allah khair for all that info sis, it actually sounds quite nice now.. I'd love to go someday inshallah.

I've been to Syria a lot of times. I went to Halab, Tartous, Homos, Damascus & some villages in southern syria.
Cool, mashallah. I've been to Lebanon a few times, we've got friends there, so we visit them. They live on this mountain in Tripoli, soo beautiful subhanallah.. And of course they showed us around beirut as well.

We were having dinner one day at this restaurant in the mountains, and eating lebanese food (of course). I tried these different kinds of raw meats, not sure if they have any other name.. It was cold and windy on top of the mountain, so that plus the meat, and I was sick the next day, throwing up, stomach hurt, felt horrible. But they took us to this horseriding place and I actually managed to ride, lol. It was a lot of fun.

crayon
02-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Oh, can't believe I forgot to say this:

One of the best parts of traveling is packing your bags!!
It feels like "ok, this is it, i'm about to go on my adventure!"..

Güven
02-12-2009, 10:25 AM
I think getting lost is the best part :thumbs_up

sevgi
02-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Where have you been?

I have been to (In alphabetical order):

Belgium
Germany
Holland
Indonesia
Japan
Singapore
Taiwan
Turkey

My favourite places have been and why:

Istanbul, Turkey: You can't explain why with words. It is just too amazing.

Belgium as a whole: Very pretty country. The men were a tad too 'hey how you doin'' though.

Tokyo, Japan: Crazy. Just crazy. It's like being in space.

Jakarta, Indonesia: The people are just amazing. Maybe it was coz I'm white. But still, they were just amazingly nice.

Profound travel experiences:

I'll try not to focus on toilet stories...even though they are the best.

Finding halal pizza in Tokyo was great. Finding a hair in my sushi, not so great.

I fell in love with this poor sweet-maker in Istanbul infront of the bosphorous. He was such a charmer, darn it! I fell for his curly hair and the fact that he broke a huge sweet thing called 'sarili burma' in two and said something which meant 'be my other half'. It started raining on us at that moment. Gahh!

These women came upto me and wanted to touch my hand in Jakarta. They called me and my friends 'whitey'. Lol. I managed to bargain things down from 40 000Rupiahs to 5000 Rupiahs.

Taiwan: I felt as though the hotel was so dirty, I made a mould for myself on my bed out of my clothes and lay on it like a corpse till the morning. The toilet was broken. My roommate didn't know. We've never distress laughed that hard in our lives.

Singapore: We stayed in this awesome hotel. I think it was five star. We stayed up till 6am watching 'Sleepless in Seattle' (It was the only thing on TV ok) and eating junk food. We then slept in and almost missed our flight.

In Germany, I broke our hotel's electricity thingy. It wasn't funny. I ran away and hid in the stairwell. lol. It was only 3 years ago...shut up.

Where would I like to go next?:

England and Turkey at the end of this year Inshallah.

Then Mauritius and Morocco.

I've always wanted to go to India...but recently, I found out how dangerous it is and how snakes just roam free there. So now I'm like :S

Anywho. Yes. Indeed.

ws.

crayon
02-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Awesome post, jazaki Allah khair, really enjoyed reading it.
There's a chance I may be going to Istanbul this summer inshallah, if it works out, I can't wait!

Hairs in sushi...+o(

Ahh, snakes shmakes, they won't hurt you!
(i think....) lol.

sevgi
02-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Awesome post, jazaki Allah khair, really enjoyed reading it.
There's a chance I may be going to Istanbul this summer inshallah, if it works out, I can't wait!

Hairs in sushi...+o(

Ahh, snakes shmakes, they won't hurt you!
(i think....) lol.
You must go to Istanbul!

I know...I think I dropped it back on the sushi train :P

I have a serious phobia, not just a fear, of snakes!

crayon
02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I know! I've heard it's stunning!
I've only been to the south of Turkey, Mersin and a couple of close cities.

Ew, lol! Perhaps someone else had done the exact same thing before you, hah. Or perhaps someone had put the hair in there on purpose...:><:

sevgi
02-12-2009, 11:47 AM

Ew, lol! Perhaps someone else had done the exact same thing before you, hah. Or perhaps someone had put the hair in there on purpose...:><:
Ideal Karma would have been if I picked the same plate of sushi up again :S

Nah, I think I told the chef guy thing so I wouldn't have to pay for it :P

Güven
02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
Tokyo, Japan: Crazy. Just crazy. It's like being in space.
You went to Japan !? Tell me more about it :ooh:

did you go to Adana ?

I never went to Istanbul ..Poor me imsad

crayon
02-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Yup, I also went to Adana!

The best thing about Turkey was probably the food, turkish food is lovelyy.:statisfie

sevgi
02-12-2009, 12:09 PM
You went to Japan !? Tell me more about it :ooh:

did go to Adana ?

I never went to Istanbul ..Poor me imsad
Japan.

I was there for about three days. I stayed at a lady's house. After getting off the plane, I was restless for a nice, clean, spacious bathroom that I could just take wudu in properly. I asked the lady for directions to her bathroom. When I opened the door, I was upset to find a aeroplane lavatory sized toilet.

They don't believe in bread or sugar. I was having tea and I asked for sugar and the lady looked at me like...'what the hell are you gonna do with sugar?'. It had a vanilla like essence to it.

I roamed the streets of Tokyo with my eyes wide open. They are so professional and so neat. Their take away food stores display their food as though they are presenting food for fine dining.

I met amazing people. I went to a Turkish restaurant! It was so small. Everything is so small.

They ride their bikes everywhere. They have huge parking lots for bikes. Aparently everyone owns cars though...they just don't use them unless they want to show off on the weekends. They train and bike everywhere. The trains...*drools* They are so bloody fast! I met this girl in Japan. She was half Japanese, half Turkish. She fell asleep on the train and when we got off, she got stuck on there. She sms'd us saying "I'll meet you guys in a minute". She literally went to the next stop, jumped on a new train and met us by the time we exited the train station.

Lots of suicide in Japan though. That girl was saying something like 100 people kill themselves just by throwing themselves infront of trains, everyday.

The Japanese are very hard working. A shop keeper (I think) told me that a man as dishonoured if he doesn't work two jobs or leave his store open till a few hours past the general closing hours.

I went to this mega huge electronics warehouse...I looked at the 8megapixel cameras and thought...WOOOWWW! Mine was like 1.2 back then :P

Oh oh Guven! They were selling kestane on the street!!! I bought some!! I kept one...and I still have it. LOL.

So much more...but yeah...that's about it for now. If you have fb you can see my photos on there.

I haven't been to Adana. Are you Adanali?

EDIT: And some of the architectural wonders....man...I went to this museum thing.....it was like standing on a single pillar! I was so worried it would collapse on us!

crayon
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Yup, I also went to Adana!

The best thing about Turkey was probably the food, turkish food is lovelyy.:statisfie
I just went to a turkish restaurant two weeks ago, and I'm now craving Turkish food again...:exhausted

Güven
02-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Japan.

I was there for about three days. I stayed at a lady's house. After getting off the plane, I was restless for a nice, clean, spacious bathroom that I could just take wudu in properly. I asked the lady for directions to her bathroom. When I opened the door, I was upset to find a aeroplane lavatory sized toilet.

They don't believe in bread or sugar. I was having tea and I asked for sugar and the lady looked at me like...'what the hell are you gonna do with sugar?'. It had a vanilla like essence to it.

I roamed the streets of Tokyo with my eyes wide open. They are so professional and so neat. Their take away food stores display their food as though they are presenting food for fine dining.

I met amazing people. I went to a Turkish restaurant! It was so small. Everything is so small.

They ride their bikes everywhere. They have huge parking lots for bikes. Aparently everyone owns cars though...they just don't use them unless they want to show off on the weekends. They train and bike everywhere. The trains...*drools* They are so bloody fast! I met this girl in Japan. She was half Japanese, half Turkish. She fell asleep on the train and when we got off, she got stuck on there. She sms'd us saying "I'll meet you guys in a minute". She literally went to the next stop, jumped on a new train and met us by the time we exited the train station.

Lots of suicide in Japan though. That girl was saying something like 100 people kill themselves just by throwing themselves infront of trains, everyday.

The Japanese are very hard working. A shop keeper (I think) told me that a man as dishonoured if he doesn't work two jobs or leave his store open till a few hours past the general closing hours.

I went to this mega huge electronics warehouse...I looked at the 8megapixel cameras and thought...WOOOWWW! Mine was like 1.2 back then :P

Oh oh Guven! They were selling kestane on the street!!! I bought some!! I kept one...and I still have it. LOL.

So much more...but yeah...that's about it for now. If you have fb you can see my photos on there.

I haven't been to Adana. Are you Adanali?

EDIT: And some of the architectural wonders....man...I went to this museum thing.....it was like standing on a single pillar! I was so worried it would collapse on us!
Wow Thats Amazing ...I soo wanna go to Japan!
Japanese people are awesome and that language aaah.

Are there many Muslims there ? And what do they think of Islam ?

and lol @ Kestane ;D

yep Adanali ( diziye bakiyon ? :P ) well Maybe half hmm...

sevgi
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I just went to a turkish restaurant two weeks ago, and I'm now craving Turkish food again...:exhausted
You can adopt me as your sis and I'll cook for you all the time!! I love cooking!

crayon
02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
You can adopt me as your sis and I'll cook for you all the time!! I love cooking!
Awesome, deal!
Ever tried Syrian food? I can make that for you!
(as soon as i learn how to make it, that is):X

Güven
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
most Syrian and Turkish food are very similar isnt it ?

crayon
02-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Well yeah, there are some similarities, but lots of differences too.
Sweets are very similar though, I think.

Helena
02-12-2009, 12:50 PM
My only destination is in everyone's heart, the place we long for, the place we dream for...Makkah al Mukurramah and Madinah al Munwarah :cry:..That's the only place i've been invited to and i pray that Allah(swt) gives me the tawfique to go there again and again insha Allah! :cry:..

*charisma*
02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

The planes!

Observing the discomfort of the people in coach on the plane is always entertaining :D.

It's especially hilarious when someone wants to lean their chair back and the brother behind him is getting annoyed so he kicks it up, and then they give each other the eye to eye stare 'til someone gives in. Or when my brother and I went alone, he got to sit next to the creepy people who would lay their heads on him as they slept ;D and he'd ask me how to get them off and I'd just laugh, so he'd pretend to be asleep and jerk his shoulder so the other person didn't get offended and assume he did it as a reflex or something.

OR THE STEWARDESSES! coffee? tea? coffee? tea? newssspaypaaa? and the safety tips and warnings they give before the plane starts...apparently if it so happens that anything goes wrong, you can die safely <_<.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

crayon
02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
^Lol!

Ahhh plane stories, where to begin
Once a friend and I were traveling together, and for some reason, we decided to try out a whole bunch of different accents and personalities. We were rednecks, asian, blonde, nerdy... anything you can think of. We weren't being too loud, but this guy a row ahead of us kept giving us dirty looks. At the end he's like "could you please keep it down!!". Ugh. My mom was sitting right next to us and said she couldn't hear us properly, how a guy a whole row ahead did I'll never know.:mmokay:

On the way to Malaysia a British teacher sat next to me, we talked the whole time, she asked me some questions about islam and ramadan and eid.. I saw her on the way back home, too, we talked about how our trip had been.

I love meeting people on planes!:statisfie

Silver
02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I tried these different kinds of raw meats, not sure if they have any other name..
You tried raw meats?? Haha most people don't :)

Danah
02-12-2009, 06:15 PM
I am have not been in many places, but I like traveling

well....where did I travel?

UAE :p

Oman......very nice place, we went near the sea in Suhar, the mountains there are amazing....but still would like to visit Salalah one day

Saudi....but still did not visit Madina :(...but I visited many places there
I went to Makkah, Jedah, Taef (amazing place especially the road that take u from Jedah to Ta'ef, they call it Hada road. The nice thing there is that u can stop ur car their in mountains road and many monkeys will come jumping to ur car lol, they sell bananas ther so u can feed them)
baby monkeys are very cute lol :statisfie
I went to Tabook as well
Qatar.....not spending too much time

UK....only in London twicw and I found it.....kind of not bad, but it was strange to be in a non muslim place for the first time :-[, but I liked it being there for a month in each visit..would like to go there again

I would like to visit Japan one day:rollseyes...insha allah I will, I am obsessed about far east countries culture

crayon
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
You tried raw meats?? Haha most people don't :)
Lol, I like trying new things.:)
I also had some kebbeh mishwiye, it was fulll of sha7me on the inside.. I tipped it all into an ashtray, and it froze solid because of the cold, lol.

Silver
02-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I also had some kebbeh mishwiye, it was fulll of sha7me on the inside.. I tipped it all into an ashtray, and it froze solid because of the cold, lol.
My favorite dish!!! :D Very unhealthy though :rollseyes

Juhaina
02-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I already have been in Germany, Italy, Austria, Czech, Greece and Egypt.

Egypt i loved most. Its a really great country with wonderful people. mostly i like the desert. Siting in the desert, watching the sunset is wonderful :)
and cairo this crazy, noisy and crowded city. i love it.

crayon
02-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Juhaina- Ahh yes, I love cities like that, with all that hustle and bustle.. They give me a rush.

My favorite dish!!! :D Very unhealthy though :rollseyes
Very unhealthy indeed... I could almost feel my arteries getting clogged up, lol.
I love the mana'eesh you get in lebanon, 3al saj, cheese, zaatar, mmm..

S_87
02-13-2009, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

The planes!

Observing the discomfort of the people in coach on the plane is always entertaining :D.

It's especially hilarious when someone wants to lean their chair back and the brother behind him is getting annoyed so he kicks it up, and then they give each other the eye to eye stare 'til someone gives in. Or when my brother and I went alone, he got to sit next to the creepy people who would lay their heads on him as they slept ;D and he'd ask me how to get them off and I'd just laugh, so he'd pretend to be asleep and jerk his shoulder so the other person didn't get offended and assume he did it as a reflex or something.

OR THE STEWARDESSES! coffee? tea? coffee? tea? newssspaypaaa? and the safety tips and warnings they give before the plane starts...apparently if it so happens that anything goes wrong, you can die safely <_<.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
LOL i like to compare hostesses on different airlines. ive found that british hostesses are so skany compared to other ones who have the 'professional' look.
i would like to visit egypt, palestine and malaysia some day. oh and pakistan:statisfie

ardianto
04-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Is it an old thread ?.
I know, I know. But I think I dont need to make a new thread for tell it.
Few hours ago when I watched my TV, I saw a place with beautiful panoramic, clean cities, good looking people, and - this is the most important - full of Muslims people.
Then I told myself "Woooww, one day I must come to that place, I must come to...TURKIYE (not Turkey :D)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.