/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a mouse in our house!

Ummu Sufyaan
02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
:sl:
how do we kill it. we have two mouse traps set up, but it doesnt seem to be tempted by the cheese!
any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
02-11-2009, 01:01 PM
mouse poison :?

Ummu Sufyaan
02-11-2009, 01:03 PM
i dont think we even realized it exists :p but mouse poison is worth a try :D

Güven
02-11-2009, 01:05 PM
kill ? you want to kill that poor guy imsad

Maybe you should buy a cat?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
02-11-2009, 01:06 PM
kill ? you want to kill that poor guy
what else are we supposed to do with?
we already have cats, but we dont let them inside...and eww a cat walking inside with a mouse it its mouth +o(

Mujahidah4Allah
02-11-2009, 01:07 PM

my cousins, they put a bucket of water, well not such a high bucket, and they left t for the night and the next day there were quite a few drowned...

so it might get thirsty?

wa/salam

Amat Allah
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
replace the cheese with fish and inshaa Allah u will sleep well after that....^^

sevgi
02-11-2009, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

Oh the cat won't kill it. It will pick it up gently and carry it outdoors.

:P

Güven
02-11-2009, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
Oh the cat won't kill it. It will pick it up gently and carry it outdoors.

:P
yeh maybe it can be friends with him and tell him to play outside lol

noo I mean if the mouse sees that there is a cat in house it will probably leave.

and if he realy does being caught he will die "naturally".

MO783
02-11-2009, 03:10 PM

just buy a mouse trap

Lonely Gal
02-11-2009, 03:11 PM
good luck in tryna get rid of it.. we had one yrs n yrs ago.. but i member that it took us ages to get rid of it.. dunno if it died or visited the neighbours lol
We tried everythin, mouse traps, food and poison.. dint see to work.. dunno what done the trick in the end..
This mouse ate everything but the one peice on the trap! a very intelligent creature we had lol..

Najm
02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Tom never managed to catch Jerry. :D

Put poison where they tend to come, conceal any holes around the house.

Find where Jerry's house is, and do the same :X

Other other hand Tom almost Caught Jerry with a hoover. :blind:

FiAmaaniAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
02-12-2009, 07:31 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam...barakallahu feekum
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah

my cousins, they put a bucket of water, well not such a high bucket, and they left t for the night and the next day there were quite a few drowned...

so it might get thirsty?

wa/salam
hmmm, clever :mmokay: :p

noo I mean if the mouse sees that there is a cat in house it will probably leave.
but when the cat leaves, it'll come back...

Gia
02-12-2009, 07:40 AM
What kind of cheese did u use? maybe the mouse hates it :D

well I think you should use something other than cheese, and I don't recommend poison if there are kids in the house :X

I should have had breakfast earlier <_<

Ummu Sufyaan
02-12-2009, 07:46 AM
What kind of cheese did u use? maybe the mouse hates it
lol, he cant hate it, he eats around it. can u believe it lol...its seems to have out smarted us :p

Vito
02-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Buy some pepper spray and try to blind it so it doesn't know where to run. Or just fill some balloons up with bleach and give it a shot :thumbs_up

Gia
02-12-2009, 08:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed

lol, he cant hate it, he eats around it. can u believe it lol...its seems to have out smarted us :p
Aww smart lil mouse, Keep him! ;D

Buy some pepper spray and try to blind it so it doesn't know where to run. Or just fill some balloons up with bleach and give it a shot
Are you suggesting that she should chase the mouse around the house? :hmm:

Ansariyah
02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
How did the mouse get there...:muddlehea..why how Errr!

If I knew anything other then a human being resided at our home..I wud leave the house for the furry thing. How can u sleep knowing the mouse is there>? lol. Creepy!

Is there like a Mouse Police perhaps..who are qualified to catch it?

Helena
02-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, firstly you should understand the purpose of the attraction of the mouse in your house..hmmm..At times we eat carelessly in the house, crumbs from biscuit/bread/cakes are spread in the house.. or when we eat food we leave it open..its best to cover the food. Sometimes we leave foods around like flour unpacked, bread open and biscuits half eaten and half open....man we should be more careful.

or in some houses we don't have closed bins. It attracts flies and perhaps mice. Because as there are numerous food thrown and at night the bin is open..we should purchase closed bin for our own health.

I apologise if im sounding rude, im just stating the facts sis. sorry man...please do forgive me insha Allah.

Vito
02-12-2009, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gia
Aww smart lil mouse, Keep him! ;D

I was just being dumb :)

Seriously though, are you able to see this mouse? Or does he come around when your not there? I think if your around when hes around, you should do one of those old traps like you see in the cartoons. I think they are called drop traps. Or just call pest control if you get that kind of service. They can tell you why hes there in the first place so that way you can prevent it from happening again possibly.

*charisma*
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Put peanut butter on the traps. It has a strong scent and mice like it...so that should work. My sympathies go out to you. You're a brave woman :cry:

Fi aman allah
w'salaam

_PakistaN_
02-12-2009, 07:04 PM
i swear we have like 5 mice in our house. we killed like 4 already with mouse pads and they keep comming out from no where. we are in a bigger problem then you are lol!

Mujahidah4Allah
02-12-2009, 09:28 PM
i'm telling you do the bucket drowning thing its a back home trick my grandma taught...

wa/salam

Mikayeel
02-12-2009, 09:49 PM

It might be worth getting ultra sound devices, these will defo cast away all mice, and u won't hear them :)

nebula
02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Sis you should try using these glue traps, basically they are really sticky and you place them on like walls and run ways for the mouse. It will eventually get trapped onto the glue trap and then u can throw it out! BANG and the dirt is gone...

or grab a gun and shoot away...

_PakistaN_
02-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Alright lets be searious now. Take a gun and shoot them. i hope u have good aim :)

Ummu Sufyaan
02-13-2009, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
How did the mouse get there...:muddlehea..why how Errr!
i don't know. all i know is that one night i was sitting alone, when i heard footsteps running back and forth and i froze to death thinking what on earth is that :uuh:

format_quote Originally Posted by Helena
Well, firstly you should understand the purpose of the attraction of the mouse in your house..hmmm..At times we eat carelessly in the house, crumbs from biscuit/bread/cakes are spread in the house.. or when we eat food we leave it open..its best to cover the food. Sometimes we leave foods around like flour unpacked, bread open and biscuits half eaten and half open....man we should be more careful.

or in some houses we don't have closed bins. It attracts flies and perhaps mice. Because as there are numerous food thrown and at night the bin is open..we should purchase closed bin for our own health.

I apologise if im sounding rude, im just stating the facts sis. sorry man...please do forgive me insha Allah.
lol...i swear our house is spotless :mmokay: :p no really it is...:-[

zanjabeela
02-13-2009, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gia
LOL I have memories of my brothers doing this. It can go on all night...those little suckers are FAST!

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
If I knew anything other then a human being resided at our home..I wud leave the house for the furry thing. How can u sleep knowing the mouse is there>? lol. Creepy!

Is there like a Mouse Police perhaps..who are qualified to catch it?
Because it's too hard and expensive to move homes at the drop of a hat LOL!

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Put peanut butter on the traps. It has a strong scent and mice like it...so that should work. My sympathies go out to you. You're a brave woman :cry:

Fi aman allah
w'salaam
There you go with the scents again. Master Sniffer, that's what you are. :X

format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Alright lets be searious now. Take a gun and shoot them. i hope u have good aim :)
Somehow, I'm guessing this is not going to be an option. Unless the sister wants a house full of bullet holes. ^o)

Umm ul-Shaheed, did you try sprinkling rat poison pellets around the area where you think it is? That will work...but someone is going to have to hunt for the deceased creature, because it more than likely will not make its way outside for the journey to the next world. +o( Sorry for your problems, sis. Good luck!

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
02-13-2009, 07:53 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
format_quote Originally Posted by zAnjabeela

LOL I have memories of my brothers doing this. It can go on all night...those little suckers are FAST!
lol yh last time there were one is our house my sis holds the vacuum, makes me place my finger on the "on" button and says: when i tell you, put it on. ;D
they are way too fast :p

Umm ul-Shaheed, did you try sprinkling rat poison pellets around the area where you think it is? That will work...but someone is going to have to hunt for the deceased creature, because it more than likely will not make its way outside for the journey to the next world. Sorry for your problems, sis. Good luck!
lol check previous post :p

zanjabeela
02-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Oh! I don't know how I missed it! Yay! Down with the mouse!

:skeleton: That is one heck of a picture +o(

:w:

Najm
02-13-2009, 09:37 AM

What do you know!!! Tom Catches Jerry!!!! :ooh:

Do you need to show the pic imsad

FiAmaaniAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
02-13-2009, 09:39 AM
:wasalamex
should i remove it, then?

'Abd-al Latif
02-13-2009, 10:11 AM
how do we kill it. we have two mouse traps set up, but it doesnt seem to be tempted by the cheese!
any ideas?
Mice are not tempted by cheese, infact mice don't even like cheese. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/5319210.stm

Mice like sweet things like choclate or sweets etc. They love choclate and it's the best thing to use as bait, peanut butter also works well.

I just came across this website and the answers to this link are methods which I have tried previously and they have worked. Take a look:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...5090133AAPsZAl

'Abd-al Latif
02-13-2009, 10:15 AM

What Ruling on killing mice and rats, and a comment on the character Mickey Mouse

Question:
What Ruling on killing mice and rats ?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with killing mice and rats, because ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated that Hafsah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“There are five animals for which there is no blame on the one who kills them: crows, kites (hawk-like birds), mice/rats, scorpions and mad dogs.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1828. (Translators’ note: the Arabic word fa’rah may refer to rats or mice, so both are mentioned in the translation).

Al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad said: I heard ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:

“There are four things which are faasiq (corrupt) and may be killed at all times, whether one is in a state of ihraam [for Hajj and ‘Umrah] or not: kites, crows, mice/rats and mad dogs.” Narrated by Muslim, 1198.

Mice and rats are harmful creatures, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained:

Ibn ‘Abbaas said: a mouse (or rat) came and started dragging the wick (of the lamp). It threw it in front of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), onto the mat on which he was sitting, and it burnt a hole the size of a dirham. He said, “When you go to sleep, extinguish your lamps, for the Shaytaan will tell creatures like this to do something like this so that you will be burned.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 5427.

The mice or rats that may live in people’s houses are among the harmful creatures or vermin (fuwaysiqah) which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to kill in all situations, whether we are in ihraam or not. The root of the word fuwaysiqah (fasaqa) means to deviate from the right way and to do harm; hence a sinner is described as “faasiq”, and these animals are called fawaasiq, as a metaphor for their evil nature; or it was said that it is because it is not haraam to kill them, whether one is in ihraam or not, for they have no sanctity or protection in any circumstances. Al-Tahaawi narrated in Ahkaam al-Qur’aan with his isnaad from Yazeed ibn Abu Nu’aym that he [Yazeed] asked Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri why mice/rats were called fuwaysiqah. He said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) woke up one night and saw that a mouse/rat had taken the wick of the lamp to burn down the house of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he got up and killed it, and said that it was permissible to kill them whether one is in ihraam or not. This was mentioned by al-‘Allaamah al-Dumayri.

Al-Bukhaari and Muslim narrated in their Saheehs that Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari said: A house in Madeenah burned down with its people inside. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard about this, he said:

“This fire is an enemy to you, so when you go to sleep, extinguish it.”

Al-Bukhaari narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Cover the vessels, for the mouse/rat may drag out the wick (of the lamp) and burn the occupants of the house.”

Something similar was narrated by Muslim, in which he says: “For the fuwaysiqah may start a fire and burn the house and its occupants.”

Al-Tabari said, explaining these ahaadeeth: if a person wants to spend the night in a house in which there is no one else, and in which there is a fire or a lamp, it is a duty on him to extinguish it before he sleeps… The hadeeth was narrated by al-Haakim; he said its isnaad is saheeh.

(From ‘Awn al-Ma’bood Sharh Abi Dawood).

Now that we know Islam calls mice and rats fuwaysiqah (evil) and allows us to kill them even in Makkah, and that they are a means which the Shaytaan tried to use to burn down the house of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and we know that they are one of the main reasons of damaging food and spreading the plague, we find it very strange that the foolish people in the west seek to make their children like mice and rats by propagating the character of Mickey Mouse in games, comics and funfairs. Go figure!!

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Najm
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM

:wasalamex
should i remove it, then?
You caught Jerry, i dont see the need to display it uhkti imsad

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:Maybe you should, Najm's too sensitive. :-[

Yeah, should be deleted :-[ And im not sensitive :ooh: Am i really? :muddlehea

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
You tend to cry too often, though. :-[

What do you mean?:ooh: I dont cry. I dont think so....

Alpi are trying to express youself?:rollseyes

FiAmaaniAllah

Ummu Sufyaan
02-14-2009, 05:39 AM
nasty image has been removed...
:sl:Maybe you should, Najm's too sensitive. :-[
that was my impression too :hiding:

BlissfullyJaded
02-14-2009, 07:03 AM

Glad that problem is over with now.

I can't believe you took a picture tho, lol. I've never even stood long enough in the area to see a live mouse, let alone a dead one. :D

Ummu Sufyaan
02-14-2009, 08:17 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
I can't believe you took a picture tho, lol. I've never even stood long enough in the area to see a live mouse, let alone a dead one. :D
lol, i glad that came up...i didnt take the pic, my sis did lol :mmokay:

Najm
02-14-2009, 10:14 AM
nasty image has been removed...

that was my impression too :hiding:

JazakiAllah Khair!

:ooh:I dont think i am. I think you and alphi are trying to fool me ^o). Or maybe i am ? :-[

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
02-14-2009, 10:42 AM
imsad

Ummu Sufyaan
02-15-2009, 07:42 AM
what akhee alpha dude said...but i decided to remove it anyway, other peoples may have been disturbed too...

anyways :threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.