/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Heart stops beating....

AnonymousPoster
02-11-2009, 06:50 PM
:sl:

Bismillah!

I am not sure if this has been my nature since a kid or not, but i think I like that which i cannot get.

This time its not simple.
A girl whom i have known to excist for one and half year know. We have never spoken other than her once asking me about a trip which was organized by the college. I have never made eye contact with her, I can't even look at her when shes around. I know shes around because i can feel that my heart has missed a few beats, then i have to hit it for it beat normally agian...... yes i think i am in love imsad.

I try my best to fight that butterfly effect feeling! The harder i try, the deeper i sink. Since I knew of this girls existence, I had seen her in my dream not less than 30 times. Even in my dreams I do not have the courage to say Salam, or to introduce my self in a suitable way.

I feel this is controlling me! Since she is a pakistani sister, from what i know they tend to marry only to pakistani brothers. I am far of from being a pakistani. So now i am clueless of what to do! I do not want to get her attention because that is bad, even if i did its not going anywhere! I can't forget it because It is not within my control. My last option is waiting to go to university in a different city and then that way i will have to forget.

If u have no advice for this situation then i can fully understand, because i don't know anyone who hasimsad however i just felt like telling this to u, in the hope of feeling slightly relieved.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
02-12-2009, 08:05 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
omg, this is so cute :statisfie :-[

subhanallah...firstly, i commend you for avoiding her!!! :thumbs_up keep it up and dont try to approach her unless it is done through the proper channels (i.e her mahrams)
but i do think you should take it further, for sure...you never know. even if you get rejected, just try it! ask around about her. dont put yourself through this, when other legitimate options are available...i think its worth chasing up and seeing if you guys are suitable, maybe her family is different. you just don't know unless you try!
dont do anything without the knowledge of her mahrams. be serious, and fear allah in regards to yourself and her.

either way, keep it halaal and give it a go :thumbs_up

alcurad
02-12-2009, 08:45 AM
^second

sevgi
02-12-2009, 11:23 AM
^^ Third.

You really must try. But I assume you are too young now anyway. So just wait. Keep avoiding until you are ready to tell your parents etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
02-12-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree with everyone else.

Just to add, don't wait for too long, though, you may lose her to someone else if you do!

sevgi
02-12-2009, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I agree with everyone else.

Just to add, don't wait for too long, though, you may lose her to someone else if you do!
Yes indeed.

Just the same, brother, don't wait too long for this girl or be blinded by her as you might be missing out on someone better or someone whose heart skips beats for you.

crayon
02-12-2009, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
Yes indeed.

Just the same, brother, don't wait too long for this girl or be blinded by her as you might be missing out on someone better or someone whose heart skips beats for you.
Oooh yes, that too!:thumbs_up

AnonymousPoster
02-12-2009, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
Yes indeed.

lool, thanks for the replies everyone :)

I am in fact 20, some say to young others say its perfect. I think its about a good age.

:w:

sevgi
02-12-2009, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
lool, thanks for the replies everyone :)

I am in fact 20, some say to young others say its perfect. I think its about a good age.

:w:
Well you aren't too young then. I don't know what you are like, but if suitable age was the only requirement to get married, then I'd suggest you get on up and speak to your parents about this pakistani sister.

If she rejects you, atleast the reality of it will allow you to move on.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-13-2009, 07:46 AM
^yep, agreed

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
if you feel that your're ready, etc then don't worry too much what others have to say.

as i said, dont put yourself through this, you clearly have feelings for her...so just take the available options, inshallah.

Al Qalam
02-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Feelings are physical reactions to thoughts that we have. When we control our thoughts, we control what we feel. Keep in mind that the feelings you are having for this young woman are really of your own making, because she does not have any "power" over you whatsoever. Only Allah has that kind of power over you. You have made a clear, conscious choice to feel this way about her, and it is within your capacity to change this feeling to something more manageable for you. If a future marriage is impossible, then you are stressing yourself and your heart in the wrong direction. Remember that love is choice we make, not a force that overcomes us. Ask Allah to help guide you through this. If you walk to Him, He will run to you.

noorseeker
02-13-2009, 08:31 AM
if you dont ask and find out , you will never know, Someone else might beat you to it

Ummu Sufyaan
02-13-2009, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Qalam
Remember that love is choice we make, not a force that overcomes us.
not always...as long as you do what you can do to avoid it, then how is it a choice? the hearts are in the hands of Allah, the choice is up to us and whether or not we act upon those feelings

You have made a clear, conscious choice to feel this way about her, and it is within your capacity to change this feeling to something more manageable for you.
how so?
We have never spoken other than her once asking me about a trip which was organized by the college. I have never made eye contact with her, I can't even look at her when shes around. I know shes around because i can feel that my heart has missed a few beats, then i have to hit it for it beat normally agian...... yes i think i am in love .

I try my best to fight that butterfly effect feeling! The harder i try, the deeper i sink.

AnonyMouse~
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Wa'alaikumasalam :D

I am also paki so i knw what its like..my parents wudnt allow it for sure but actually nowadays a lot of paki families tend to be a little more lenient with that. I have some paki friends that are allowed to marry arabs or whatever they want. So you should try, even if u get rejected, at least you won't regret not trying later. :P

AnonymousPoster
02-14-2009, 09:00 PM
BarakAllahu feekum for All those who provided their support :)

Musaafirah
02-14-2009, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Qalam
Feelings are physical reactions to thoughts that we have. When we control our thoughts, we control what we feel. Keep in mind that the feelings you are having for this young woman are really of your own making, because she does not have any "power" over you whatsoever. Only Allah has that kind of power over you. You have made a clear, conscious choice to feel this way about her, and it is within your capacity to change this feeling to something more manageable for you. If a future marriage is impossible, then you are stressing yourself and your heart in the wrong direction. Remember that love is choice we make, not a force that overcomes us. Ask Allah to help guide you through this. If you walk to Him, He will run to you.
Sorry, I don't think love is something we consciously make ourselves do.
I thought it was in a hadith, where the Prophet (SAW) was making duah of how he was trying to treat all his wives equally, but requesting the forgiveness of Allah for the matter out of his hands (i.e. his love for Aisha (RA)) Correct me if I'm wrong, I'll try and find the hadith insha'allah, bu seriously, one cannot control love. You can control your actions etc, but not always your emotions....
To the original poster, i hope all goes well for you insha'allah!

alcurad
02-14-2009, 09:14 PM
^true, at least try and talk to her, her parents and so on..

IbnAbdulHakim
02-14-2009, 10:01 PM
^ no not her.

her wali's :)

btw bro, is she pious (covered/decent good islamic character etc)? if not forget her imho, think of it as a great fitnah.

do the right thing. THE RIGHT THING!!

assalamu alaikum

Snowflake
02-15-2009, 01:10 AM
I agree with everyone else. Don't worry about her ethnicity. I'm pakistani and my mum wanted me to marry an arab bro she knew of. Bismillah go for it... : )

nazam786
02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
:sl: Brother did you heart really skip some beats:D

Look around maybe there is some out there whose heart skips a beat for you.

Firstly you should find out what type of girl she is? You have found the beauty from the outside now try to find the beauty from the inside

If i were the same situation. first thing that would matter to me is the beauty from the inside. And a girl that is covered up not reveiling her seld example she wears a scarfs. I would prefer a girls hair covered up rather that being lose.

I have this thing for girls in scarfs :p

Yanal
02-17-2009, 03:31 PM
First ask your parents so even if you get here you're efforts won't get washed. Then try to talk to her.

God-is-great
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
i dont think you should try and talk to her. you have to remember that even if your intentions are pure, you never know what might happened

the prophet said that if two people (different gender) were together alone talking the shaytaan is always the third person

so keep it safe and talk to her mahram
what you are doing, by lowering your gaze that is, is very important and the right way. Keep it up bro
I pray inshallah Allah make things easier for you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.