/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Topics on Islam!

aminahjaan
02-12-2009, 04:51 AM
:sl:
Salam ukhs and akhs
I'm in this class every Sunday, like this class that teaches teen girls about Islam and Quran
and I'm assigned to do this project and talk about a subject in Islam
and I have noooo idea what to talk about
need answers by Saturday!
Here is all that has been taken:

- atheism
- how does God address the people of the book in the Quran
- the similarities between the three monotheistic religions
- misconceptions about Islam:
1- violence/jihad
2- slavery (NOT TAKEN)
3- women status
4- hijab
5-polygamy
6- gender relations/how to get married (know each other)
-what is unique about Islam

Please help!
Mucho thanks,
JazakAllah!
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tresbien
02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Speak about ethics and virtues in islam

aminahjaan
02-13-2009, 02:21 AM
I think I might need to be more specific, because there are so many.
But that's a good point to elaborate on.

BlissfullyJaded
02-13-2009, 02:42 AM

Hmm..you could narrow into something about friendships. Like how Islam promotes ties between the believers and what we need to do have healthy friendships and avoid hurting each other.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zanjabeela
02-13-2009, 02:51 AM
...and to add to the above ^: how hurting others hurts ourselves (i.e. the importance of abstaining from gossip, backbiting, anger, etc.)

:w:

aminahjaan
02-13-2009, 05:41 AM
^^
Yeah I think backbiting is a perfect one
especially since its a class with all girls lol

glo
02-13-2009, 06:58 AM
What about charity?
The role even children can have in being charitable. How to raise money for those in need, etc ...

noorseeker
02-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Talk about the issues of what is affecting teenage girls in this minute of time

aminahjaan
02-16-2009, 04:43 AM
JazakAllah thank you guys
Btw the topic thing has been prolonged to next week so I have more time to think.
This is more for Da'wa and how to prepare ourselves if we are approached by non-Muslims about hot topics that a lot of people are unclear on.
I was going to do slavery, but since it doesn't apply to our daily life I see no point in it. My brother suggested Prophet Aissa's (AS) role in Islam since many people like to pick at that. I'm just not sure how to elaborate on that, and I don't know if that is even a good topic to talk about.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.