/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sheikh ALbani

StrictlySunnah
02-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Recently ive been having discussions with some of my friends, and even been reading up some information, and i find that people dont like what Sheikh Albani does, like his reasons for hadiths that hanafis believe to be sahih, Albani had the view of them being daeef, is there anything wrong with what Albani did, because personally i believe scholars have different views when it come to analysin hadeeths and classifyin them sahih or daeef, so we shouldnt judge the scholar for his view, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
:sl:
Recently ive been having discussions with some of my friends, and even been reading up some information, and i find that people dont like what Sheikh Albani does, like his reasons for hadiths that hanafis believe to be sahih, Albani had the view of them being daeef, is there anything wrong with what Albani did, because personally i believe scholars have different views when it come to analysin hadeeths and classifyin them sahih or daeef, so we shouldnt judge the scholar for his view, does anyone have any thoughts on this?
im not sure but you may find the following thread helpful, inshallah
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...l-albaani.html

rpwelton
06-18-2009, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrictlySunnah
I don't think we have the knowledge to debate whether what he did is right or not, since we do not know the science of hadith. However, if scholars have discussed this issue regarding Sheikh Albani then perhaps someone can post something about that here.

Sampharo
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Sheikh Albani's weight and corrections of hadith has been so high that even Hanbali Saudi scholars Abdul Aziz Ibn Baz and Ibn Uthaiman refused to lead the prayer in his presence and told him flat that he is the most knowledgable amongst them of the prophet, to which he smiled and after taking position asked them along with the rest of the sheikhs and scholars as to whether pray the proper way of the prophet (in regards to his work on reviving the prophet's original manner of prayer and collecting all the sources on it) or should he make it easier on them, to which Sheikh Ibn Baz said it is a chance for them to learn and asked him to pray as the prophet exactly.

It is not of proper discipline to come to someone of such stature in knowledge and decades of influence and ask laypeople like the ones on a forum to give their opinion. We can do that regarding new bloggers and startups and nobodies who seem to be using internet propaganda to attract attention towards them when their online lectures seem to suggest they should pack up and go back to basic school rather than misguide people with mistakes and personal baseless opinions. Apparently being a scholar today, even a bad one, is a call to fame that many are rushing into.

Leave Al-Albani and other masters alone brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamicRevival
06-19-2009, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
Sheikh Albani's weight and corrections of hadith has been so high that even Hanbali Saudi scholars Abdul Aziz Ibn Baz and Ibn Uthaiman refused to lead the prayer in his presence and told him flat that he is the most knowledgable amongst them of the prophet, to which he smiled and after taking position asked them along with the rest of the sheikhs and scholars as to whether pray the proper way of the prophet (in regards to his work on reviving the prophet's original manner of prayer and collecting all the sources on it) or should he make it easier on them, to which Sheikh Ibn Baz said it is a chance for them to learn and asked him to pray as the prophet exactly.

It is not of proper discipline to come to someone of such stature in knowledge and decades of influence and ask laypeople like the ones on a forum to give their opinion. We can do that regarding new bloggers and startups and nobodies who seem to be using internet propaganda to attract attention towards them when their online lectures seem to suggest they should pack up and go back to basic school rather than misguide people with mistakes and personal baseless opinions. Apparently being a scholar today, even a bad one, is a call to fame that many are rushing into.

Leave Al-Albani and other masters alone brother.
What? Can you please explain what you mean, Especially the part where its underlined

Sampharo
06-19-2009, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
What? Can you please explain what you mean, Especially the part where its underlined
What is to explain? The man's weight (knowledge influence I mean) and knowledge of hadith is unsurpassed in our days. Ibn Uthaiman and Abdul Aziz Ibn Baz were part of a study group lecture with Sheikh Al-Albani and addressing other younger scholars. When the time for prayer came and they all took positions for prayer, Al-Albani asked the sheikhs to lead the prayer but they refused, telling him that he should be the one leading the prayer for he is most knowledgable about the prophet. Al-Albani is a scholar of Hadith and sunnah and wrote the book on the prophet's prayer, while the sheikhs are Fiqh and Osool Fiqh scholars. This situation shows proper discipline and respect amongst the scholars, and how highly they regard learning specifically about the prophet.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-19-2009, 06:38 AM
^
i think he was confused about the following:
Sheikh Albani's weight and corrections of hadith has been so high that even Hanbali Saudi scholars Abdul Aziz Ibn Baz and Ibn Uthaiman refused to lead the prayer in his presence and told him flat that he is the most knowledgable amongst them of the prophet,
@ troubled soul, what was meant was that shaikh al-albaani was the most knowledgeable amongst them, in regards to the Sunnah of the prophet.

Caller الداعي
06-19-2009, 07:32 AM
salam to all!
i dont want to start off a debate about whos scholar is better or whatever, all id like to mention is that the majority of us are not qualified to judge the verdicts of scholars and the way they used their evidence besides theyve been in this field for years and were God fearing but nobody is free of errors like imam malik said: everyones words are taken and rejecting except for the prophet s.a.w!
and blindly justifying what any scholar has said is not correct in anyway all it will lead to is more groups and sects. so what ever difference the great scholars had should not be taken up by any old to dick and harry as though hes been given the duty to differentiate right from wrong. no doubt if someone does possess good knowledge and is qualified in this field then theres nothing wrong with that inshallah.
instead of debating about these matters we should try to learn more and be a means of unifying the ummah!
may Allah help us and make us of those who take the good of what is said and act upon it!

syilla
06-19-2009, 07:45 AM
:salamext:

at least his contribution on knowledge is so much compare to ourselves... huhu.

Sampharo
06-19-2009, 07:57 AM
So I think we are in agreement al-hamdolellah not to try and judge such sheikhs and scholars. This thread I would say qualifies to be closed quickly, I guess.

mathematician
06-19-2009, 02:34 PM
May Allah be pleased with Albani

Yanal
07-08-2009, 05:36 AM
:salamext:
I do not know but insha'Allah try this? http://www.albani.co.uk

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
07-08-2009, 06:27 AM
This is shaykh Al-baani's formal education:

3 – As for their claim that: He has no Shyookh (He did not learn under Scholars)
That is a haste unfound statement, Shaykh Al-Albani [May Allah have mercy on him] learned under his father some sciences (‘Uloom Al-Ala like Sarf), as well as some books of the Hanafi Fiqh (Mukhtasar Al-Qadouri), and he learned from him the Holy Quran, and completed it under him by the recitation of Hafs.

He also learned under Shaykh Sa’eed Al-Burhani the books “Maraqi Al-Falah” in Hanafi Fiqh, and “Shuzoor Al-Zahab” in Nahw, and some books of Balaghah. He also used to attend the sittings of Al-‘Alamah Muhammad Bahjat Al-‘Ataar [May Allah have mercy on him] with some of the teachers of Al-Magmaa’ Al-‘Ilmi in Damascus, and among those that used to attend these sittings are: ’Izz Al-Din Al-Tanoukhi [May Allah have mercy on him] where they used to read “Al-Hamasah” by Abu Tammam.

Shaykh Albani [May Allah have mercy on him] met during his beginning with Shaykh Muhammad Raghib Al-Tabaakh [May Allah have mercy on him], where Al-Shaykh Al-Tabaakh showed his admiration with Shaykh Al-Albani and gave him “Al-Anwaar Al-Ghaliya fee Mukhtasar Al-Athbaat Al-Hanbaliyah”.

So once you know this, you would realize how baseless their saying that: He had no Shyookh, and how far away from reality it is.
It does not even harm the Shaykh if he did not have a large number of Shyookh. How great a number of Scholars had only a few Shyookh, and that did not affect their knowledge. Rather, even among the narrators of hadith you will see among them narrators that did not narrate except from two or three Shaykhs, [and some] even one, and yet this did not stop the Imams from attesting and declaring their Dabt (ability to preserve the knowledge they gained), Hifz (memorization), and Itqaan (precision), and that did not prevent from listening to them and taking from their knowledge.

From this category is, Abu ‘Umar Ahmad ibn Abdullah ibn Muhammad Al-Lakhmi who is known as ibn Al-Baghi (died 400 H) from the people of Ashbilia. He was described as the most unique scholar of his time, and the most knowledgeable scholar of his age, he gathered Fiqh, Hadith, and Virtues. He memorized several books of Sunnah, as well as books of Gharib in a good manner.
take as an example: using overly lenient criteria, he took an large number of ahadeeth which Al Bukhari had proven were weak, and made them acceptable/strong. and named this 'creation' assilisila assahiha~!
7 – Their claim that: He is lenient in authenticating traditions.
That too is something relative, which differs depending on people, so whoever was strict would view others as being lenient, and whoever was lenient would view others as being strict. The reference to arriving to the Truth [in this matter] is Istiqraa’ (comprehensive reading and research), and comparing [him] to others. As for the matters that led to attributing the Shaykh [May Allah have mercy on him] to leniency [in authenticating]:

1 – Tahseen (Ranking as Hasan) the weak tradition that came through multiple ways (T’adud Al-Turuq).

2 – Accepting the narrator whose reliability is unknown (Majhoul Al-Hal), and depending on the declaration of reliability of Ibn Hiban.

3 – Accepting some weak narrators.
All the different types of weak traditions are acceptable for consideration and mending, and can be strengthened if they came through multiple ways, with the exception of those whose chain contains a narrator who is a liar (Kazab) or a fabricator (Wadaa’), the narration of he who is accused of lying (Mutaham Bi Al-Kazib), the narration of a narrator whose in the rank of those who are left (Fee Martabat Al-Tark), like those whose memory worsened a lot, and the Shaaz and Munkar tradition.

Now as for accepting the narration of a narrator of unknown reliability (Majhoul Al-Hal), and depending on the declarations of reliability given by Ibn Hiban, that is one of the issues that were attributed to Al-Albani [May Allah have mercy on him] without a correct proof on it! Since, in reality the shaykh replied in many places on those who depended on Ibn Hiban’s declaration of reliability, and described them as being too lenient! He also set in the introduction of his book (Tamam Al-Minah) p.20-26 a rule that he called: “Not depending on the Tawtheeq (Declaration of Reliability) of Ibn Hiban”.

[Finally,] as for him accepting some weak narrators, then that is [only] a claim, since they cannot produce one narrator that there is an agreement that he should be left, and then Al-Albani [May Allah have mercy on him] came and accepted him!
http://www.islamicboard.com/1072102-post1.html

Muaz bin Jabal
07-08-2009, 04:35 PM

The fact is that the Shaykh has now passed. We pray that Allah Subhana wa Tala has mercy on him and grant him jannah. Ameen.

No one is perfect, everyone has some kind of shortcomings.

I might add that how the Shaykh graded the hadith is not the end all decision.

I think the scholars pay more attention to other greater scholars of the past and how they graded hadith.

For example Amirul Mumineen fil hadith Abu Hajar al-Asqalani Rahimullah.etc.

May Allah grant us the correct understanding of his deen. Ameen

Banu_Hashim
07-08-2009, 05:15 PM
^ Ameen.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-08-2009, 05:33 PM

As for the video that was deleted, I'll reply to your PM.

For Br. Alcurad - I suggest you go to the Ahl AlHadeeth forums (either the Arabic (preferably) or English) and discuss this there with actual scholars and students of knowledge who take part there, in particularly the Arabic. Without offense, I'll just say that since you yourself admit that you are not an expert, your words on discrediting Shaykh Al-Albani in reality hold no weight.

As the brother above said, he has passed (rahimullah), so lets pray for him that Allaah accepts his good and forgives his faults. Ameen.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.