/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance of Repentance

sshussain
02-12-2009, 08:27 PM
As Salaam alikum,
I was wondering, how can a person be completely sure that Allah has accepted his repentance, be it from major or minor sins.
As for minor sins they are taken away when a person performs ablution for prayers etc...
But what about the acceptance of repentance for Major sins???
Can a person be sure about it???
:?:?:?
:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
02-13-2009, 07:52 AM
The fear of not knowing keeps you trying harder and harder in deen,

The answer is no body knows. The ten companions R.A promised jannat by our prophet pbuh knew they had jannah, but yet they had more fear of Allah swt than any of us.

If me and you knew jannah was promised, and sins our sins were forgiven, we would do everything half heartly, we probably wont even wake up for fajr.

sshussain
02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
You are sooo true :)

anonymous
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalam Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakahtu

It is said, that when a person feels true regret from the sin he has committed, and he never ever wants to go back to it again, feel it as if Allah has forgiven that sin. because the condition for true repentance are 3.

In case a sin related to Allah, which does not involve anyone else, is committed there are three conditions for the repentance of the sinner to be accepted:
1. That he refrain from committing the same sin again.
2. That he feel ashamed at what he has done. 3. That he makes a firm intention of not committing that sin again
Source

Remember brother that we all commit sins, day and night, but we have to realise that we should repent when we feel it in our heart, because Allah's forgivness and Mercy encompasses all.

May Allaah guide us to repent from our sins, Ameen.

Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakahtu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
02-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Also read this brother

Ibn Mas’ood radiyallahu anhu says a man came to the Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam and said, "O Apostle of Allah. I found a woman in a garden and did everything to her except having intercourse: I kissed her and hugged her and so on, but I didn’t go beyond this. So judge me as you wish." The Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said nothing in reply and the man went away. Upon this Umar radiyallahu anhu remarked, "Allah would have kept it a secret if he had kept it a secret." The Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam in the direction the man had gone and said, "Call him back." When they called him back, he recited to him the following verse, "Establish Prayers at the two ends of the day and early part of the night. Indeed good deeds wipe out evil ones. And this (Qur’aan) is a reminder unto the mindful."
(Qur'aan 11:114)
Source - This whole page is a very good read

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.