/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is World Of Warcraft Haraam?

index123
02-13-2009, 08:32 AM
I don't know if this is the wrong section but sorry did not know where to post it.
Anyway I was wondering if it was haraam considering the fact that its got magic and so many
pagan style myths on it. Hehe although I would really like to hear that its halaal because its so fun to
play when your feeling down. but its probably not, I mean thats like asking if its halaal to read greek myths(which
I'am not sure is it lol?).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zamtsa
02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Al Baqarah (2):102 They followed what the evil ones gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon; the blasphemers were not Solomon but the evil ones teaching men magic and such things as came down at Babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (such things) without saying: "We are only for trial so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls if they but knew!

Al An'aam (6):7 If We had sent unto thee a written (Message) on parchment so that they could touch it with their hands the unbelievers would have been sure to say: "This is nothing but obvious magic!"

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Pomak
02-13-2009, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by index123
I don't know if this is the wrong section but sorry did not know where to post it.
Anyway I was wondering if it was haraam considering the fact that its got magic and so many
pagan style myths on it. Hehe although I would really like to hear that its halaal because its so fun to
play when your feeling down. but its probably not, I mean thats like asking if its halaal to read greek myths(which
I'am not sure is it lol?).
Its not really haram because those 1's and 0's form undead, orc or elves. Nor is it haram because it has mages or shamans. It would fall into the haram territory because its a waste of time and money.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.