/* */

PDA

View Full Version : he requested me to go to church

AnonymousPoster
02-14-2009, 12:04 PM
My mother is having health problems and she requested me to go to church and pray for her there that she will gets better since I stopped going to church with her and my father for few months now. When I stopped, they were very upset at first and seemingly like every single Sunday comes up, they expected highly that I would get dressed and go with them, but I never did. So, is it permissible to go to church with the intention just to make them happy, especially my mother?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
02-14-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't believe it is permissible, sister/brother.
You have to obey your parents and please them in everything, except in that which is haram. Praying for them in a church falls under that category, no doubt.
Tell her you will pray for her in your own way, and that you hope she will accept and respect that. Tell her you can not compromise your faith in God just to put a smile on her face.

glo
02-14-2009, 02:14 PM
I assume that you have reverted to Islam and haven't told your parents?

Perhaps it is time for you to be honest with your parents ...
Explain that you will pray for your mother - but now in ways which they are expecting.

I hope all goes well for you, and that your mother will get better soon.

Peace :)

K.Venugopal
02-14-2009, 02:44 PM
If God only responds when you pray in a particular place or worship in a particular style, that God is no God but a tyrannical concept we have created. God is the reality you are and calming yourself is the prayer and worship to realize God. Since God is everywhere, a Church is as good a place as a mosque or temple to pray to God. But, being a Muslim, if you are unable to pray except in the prescribed Salat format, then you might have a problem offering prayers in a Church! The best resolution under the circumstances would be to hug your mother and tell her how much you love her.

I hope your mother gets well soon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
02-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Do not pray to ANYONE but Allaah !!

ever!

only Allah can help your mother... only Allaah can...

tell your mother you are praying for her, you are praying with all your heart...

crayon
02-14-2009, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by K.Venugopal
But, being a Muslim, if you are unable to pray except in the prescribed Salat format, then you might have a problem offering prayers in a Church!
"Salat" is not the only kind of prayer a muslim can offer. There is also dua'a, which means supplication. The prophet peace be upon him said "Dua'a is the very essence of worship". There is no obligatory, set structure for dua'a, but there are some things that are preferable to do when making dua'a, such as facing the qiblah.

http://www.jannah.org/articles/duah.html

Zamtsa
02-14-2009, 05:24 PM
To pray in the Church is okay, unless you find a statue or a cross. And say to your Father and Mother that antum will pray for them, in the Masjid or anywhere.

Have you declare your Muslim identity?

Recite this pray given by Rasulullah 'alaihi Shalawatullahi wa Salaam "Bismillaahilladzi (by Allah names, which by calling His names) laa yadhurru (there is nothing dangerous) maa asmihi syai'un (whatever the name) fil ardhi (in this earth) wa laa fis samaa'i (and there is no danger in the sky), wa Huwa Sami'ul 'Aliim (and He is All Hearing and All Knowing).

Rasulullah said that it should be read 3 times in the morning and 3 times in the afternoon. So there won't be anything which could harm thee (Abu Daud, Ibn Abi Syaibah, Shahih).

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

K.Venugopal
02-14-2009, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Thayyib
[B]To pray in the Church is okay, unless you find a statue or a cross.
If a statue or cross is problematic, the solution would be not to have it in your mind. Not wanting to have it in a Church when there are millions upon millions of statues and crosses in the world is to miss the point. You would then have to destroy all statues and crosses in the world to be able to pray the Islamic way.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.