View Full Version : How to wake up for Salat Al-Fajr

Amat Allah
02-15-2009, 06:01 AM

Step 1

First of all INTENTIONS, INTENTIONS, AND INTENTIONS! You have to get
your intentions straight. You have to ask yourself why you are waking
up at dawn, are you waking up so that you can tell your friends how
you stayed up until 3 a.m. and then woke up for Fajr or are you doing
it because it is a pillar of Islam and Allah ordered us to pray?
Either way, you still have to get up and pray. Yes, it's important to
have your intentions straight, but that doesn't mean if they're not
you shouldn't pray. It just means if they are straight it will make
waking up a lot easier.

Step 2

Next, you have to have determination. Just like you schedule to watch
a movie or like you take the time to do anything that you want to do,
you have to put that kind of motivation into waking up for Fajr. You
have to realize how important it is to pray Salat Al-Fajr. (It's
obligatory to pray all five prayers, but I am writing about this one
because it's the hardest in my opinion.) You have to know that during
Salat Al-Fajr and Salat Al-Asr the Angels switch places. They take
turns during the day and during the night and they switch places
during Salat A-Fajr and Salat Al-Asr as the hadith Sahih Al Bukhari
will explain below.

Narrated By Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Angels come to you in
succession by night and day and all of them get together at the time
of the FAJR and 'Asr prayers. Those who have passed the night with
you (or stayed with you) ascend (to the Heaven) and Allah asks them,
though He knows everything about you, well, "In what state did you
leave my slaves?" The angels reply: "When we left them they were
praying and when we reached them, they were praying." (Vol. 1, Book
10. Times Of The Prayers. Hadith 530. (Shahih Bukhari)
What do you want the Angels to tell Allah, I left your slave sleeping
in bed? I don't think so and I hope not.

Step 3

Okay now that we got that straight; let me give you the tips for
making waking up easy.
Number one, sleep early; this is common sense. If you sleep early, by
the time Fajr comes, you'll have had enough sleep and you won't have
a difficult time getting up. Just like you would sleep early if you
have work or an exam the next day; make it a routine to sleep early
everyday.

Step 4

Second get at least three to four clocks in the house and at least
two in the room you sleep in. Set the alarm on all of them to be
about 13 minutes apart from each other. Also set them earlier than
the actual Fajr time because you're not going to get up right away.
That way each time one alarm comes on and goes off or you shut it off
and fall back to sleep, the other one will ring in 13 minutes, then
the next until you finally get up. The reason I say 13 minutes is
because some clocks have 10 minute difference between each snooze, so
by doing it this way all clocks won't ring at the same time.

Step 5

you have a mobile phone; use the alarm clock on it. I use the alarm
clock on my cell phone and I use the calendar alarm clock also on my
cell phone. I put it under my pillow and if I accidentally shut off
the snooze on the first alarm, the second one will sound in 13 or so
minutes.

Step 6

Last is the obvious way, have someone else wake you up. Be it your
mother, father, brother sister, wife, husband, who ever is in the
house with you. Or you could have someone call you during Fajr. I
know people who have had this done and it works especially if the
phone is far. They get out of bed and this action wakes them up.

Insha Allah these tips will help someone out there.

Jazakum Allahu khair.

writer: Brother Anas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv8XWt7w3_I

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zanjabeela
02-15-2009, 07:21 AM
:sl:
If you follow that to the tee, it will work so well, especially the part about being clear about your intentions and sleeping EARLY! You know how much sleep your body needs, and you know what time you need to be up. If you need 8 hours of sleep, DO NOT be going to bed at midnight. You're setting yourself up for failure.

Also, if you have a computer on in your room, it might be a good idea to turn it off...or move it to another room. The computer is like an amazing shaytaan...it just draws your attention to it. You can be lying in bed about to drift off, and you'll think, "Wait...I wanted to check that one thing online...or fix that one sentence in my paper." Before you know it, you've robbed yourself of critical sleeping time.

JazakiAllah khair for this. It's really such an excellent reminder, most especially for myself.

:w:

noorseeker
02-15-2009, 07:28 AM
JazakAllah khayran for the beauiful reminder

muslim sister)
02-15-2009, 12:36 PM
JazakAllah khayran

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Silver
02-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Good advice :) But when happens if you can't go to bed early? A lot of times I stay up late studying :S and I find it really difficult to wake up for fajr.

Nájlá
02-15-2009, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
Good advice :) But when happens if you can't go to bed early? A lot of times I stay up late studying :S and I find it really difficult to wake up for fajr.
I am like u i dont go to bed early. But some how if i do go to bed early it will be hard for me to get up.
And if i go to bed late then it would actually be easy for me to get up. Strange....

But the most important is the persons intentions. And about the alarm clocks i think someone
should put them far from u because the noise will annoy u and it will make u get up and go
and switch it off but when ur on ur feet. Your awake and it will be hard to go back to sleep soo just go and pray.

Yanal
02-15-2009, 07:10 PM
JazakAllah. Hopefully I can put a use to them tommorow inshAllah!

Banu_Hashim
02-15-2009, 07:35 PM
I agree. The biggest motivation (and your intention) for you should be to please Allah and to want a reward from Allah in the hereafter, InshAllah. If you're sacrificing your sleep to pray then this in itself is an act of Ibabah.

Imagine the amount of work you can get done if you stay up after Fajr as well.

JazakAllah Khair for this, really good advice.

shuraimfan4lyf
02-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Jazak'Allah khair sister..very beautiful advice,may Allah(Subhana Wa ta3la) put this deed on your scale in the akhira,and grant you highest degree in Jannah. Ameen

Amat Allah
02-16-2009, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAnjabeela
If you follow that to the tee, it will work so well, especially the part about being clear about your intentions and sleeping EARLY! You know how much sleep your body needs, and you know what time you need to be up. If you need 8 hours of sleep, DO NOT be going to bed at midnight. You're setting yourself up for failure.

Also, if you have a computer on in your room, it might be a good idea to turn it off...or move it to another room. The computer is like an amazing shaytaan...it just draws your attention to it. You can be lying in bed about to drift off, and you'll think, "Wait...I wanted to check that one thing online...or fix that one sentence in my paper." Before you know it, you've robbed yourself of critical sleeping time.

JazakiAllah khair for this. It's really such an excellent reminder, most especially for myself.

:w:
yes my dear sister u r absolutely right may Allah love u Ameeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
JazakAllah khayran for the beauiful reminder
Wa iayaki my dear may Allah love u Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by muslim sister)
JazakAllah khayran
Wa iayaki my dear may Allah love u Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
my dear sister Rida is right the most important is the person`s intention my dear sister Lara and if u can`t wake up let someone else wake u up like ur mother ,sister or father and u will be just fine honey ^^ Allah will be with u inshaa Allah coz u r trying ur best to please him ...

may Allah help u and love u my dear Ameeeeeeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Rida
But some how if i do go to bed early it will be hard for me to get up.
And if i go to bed late then it would actually be easy for me to get up. Strange....
yeah subhaan Allah sometimes I am just like that sooo strange :rolleyes: may Allah love u my dear Ameeeeeeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
JazakAllah. Hopefully I can put a use to them tommorow inshAllah!
wa iyakum Ameeeeeeen and inshaa Allah, Allah will help u and be with u coz u r working soo hard to please him may Allah give u succes in this Dunya and in the hereafter and may he love u Ameeeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I agree. The biggest motivation (and your intention) for you should be to please Allah and to want a reward from Allah in the hereafter, InshAllah. If you're sacrificing your sleep to pray then this in itself is an act of Ibabah.

Imagine the amount of work you can get done if you stay up after Fajr as well.

JazakAllah Khair for this, really good advice.
yeah subhaan Allah u r soo true may Allah accept our good deeds and purify us from all sins and be pleased with us all Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeen

may Allah love u Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Jazak'Allah khair sister..very beautiful advice,may Allah(Subhana Wa ta3la) put this deed on your scale in the akhira,and grant you highest degree in Jannah. Ameen
wa iyakum and may Allah love u and make us all pass the Serat with Rasool Allah salla Allaho alyhi wa sallam like an eye blink no but faster and reward us all with the highest levels of paradise with out being reckoning Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

sirajstc
03-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Great post Amat most worth jaza kalla kahair May Allah bless you :):):)

Amat Allah
03-14-2009, 03:10 AM
and may Allah protect u from all harms ,sins,shaitan and hellfire and make u pass the Serat as an eye blink with Rasool Allah salla Allaho alyhi wa sallam the same duaa for all muslims from jin and mankind Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

sirajstc
03-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Ameen

byw Amat ur siggy showing a virus

this siggy

go and upload it @tinypic.com

then will be ok :)

jaza kalla kahair

The Ruler
03-14-2009, 09:49 AM
What if you have an alarm clock that wakes your neighbor (who's a non-muslim) but fails to wake you up?

Hamad
07-21-2009, 07:19 PM
:salamext:

subhanAllah! MashAllah,great tips.

UmmHasan
07-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Great tips! JazakAllah for sharing. I have five alarms on my cell and so does my husband. Mine starts at 4:20 and his at 4:25 and mine 4:30 and so on. It gets quite annoying sometimes but it does get me out of bed.

_PakistaN_
07-22-2009, 05:10 AM
The most important thing that will wake u up are not alarm clocks, if you have a strong attention, and you are actually searious about waking up you will do it instantly as you hear the alarm. If you have weak intentions before going to sleep then most like you will turn off your alarm. I have an Azaan program set on my computer, I think that is the best tool to wake up for Fajr.

Amat Allah
06-27-2010, 11:24 AM
:bump:......

Muslimeen
06-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Nice tips, but my blankets weigh about 100 Kg's at fajr time. May Allah make me stronger. Ameen.

Amat Allah
06-28-2010, 01:46 PM
May Allah be pleased with you and help you my respected brother to worship him right always and for ever and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeen

try to sleep early and you will need no alarm clock to wake you up and even if there were 10 blankets over you, you will wake up by Allah`s willing if sleeping early...

May Allah bless you Ameeeeeeen

Muslimeen
06-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Jazakallah Sister,

I am in need of every bit of help and dua's I can get. Allah alone know's what is my condition and what will happen to me on the day of Qiyamah. I accept all my wrong deeds and deny nothing and unfortunately when I look at my good deeds then I can clearly say I am bankrupt.:cry:

May Allah have mercy on me and the entire ummah of Muhammad Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam. Ameen.

Samiun
06-28-2010, 02:59 PM
:sl:, I can't believe I'm saying this but my alarm couldn't wake me up during public holdays. I couldn't even hear a word from my handphone, I don't know what went over me. Do you have any solutions?

FS123
06-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Easy, have a very loud alarm ;)

Samiun
06-28-2010, 03:15 PM
:sl: brother, it's a rooster making noise. How loud can it get!?

Rhubarb Tart
06-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Jazakamullahu Khair for this info. Great and helpful tips!

Amat Allah
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
Jazakallah Sister,

I am in need of every bit of help and dua's I can get. Allah alone know's what is my condition and what will happen to me on the day of Qiyamah. I accept all my wrong deeds and deny nothing and unfortunately when I look at my good deeds then I can clearly say I am bankrupt.:cry:

May Allah have mercy on me and the entire ummah of Muhammad Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam. Ameen.
its ok my respected brother , just trust Allah The Most Merciful, when you strive to please Allah ,He The Most Generous helps His creatures to worship Him right and ease their lives and guide their way to the path of success...

having the strong and sincere desire of leaving something wrong and replace it with something good only to please the Lord of Al Aa`lameen would help you to reach your goal easly ..why? cause Allah helps those who strive in His cause and guide them to Him...laa ilaha illa Allah...

just don`t give up trust Allah and rely everything and all your matters on Him and never let the cursed satan let you down . he is weak stupid and one word of thiker makes him run like a chicken and Wa Allahi when Allah is in your mind heart and He Is all what you desire ,you will be happy no but the happiest ever...

"And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things. (3)" Surat At`Ta`laaq.

"The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Quran) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone); (2)" Surat Al An`faal.

satan is under our feet till the day of Judgement and he will remain there under our feet and we as the servants and slaves of The Most High and Praised One will never let him destroy our relationship with Allah ever by Allah`s willing...

May Allah love you and preserve you brother and all the Ummah Ameen ,as I see and feel deep within my heart , you are a good servant of Allah by Allah`s willing and may Allah make you the best of His servants and slaves ever and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeeeen

feeling sad for Allah`s cause means that your heart is soft and still a live ,may Allah fill your heart with Taqwa Imaan His rememberance love and the endless peace comfort happiness and satisfaction and reward you with al Firdaws Al aalaa without being reckoning and all the Ummah ....Ameeeeeeeeeen

take the strength of these pure feelings and use it for pleasing Allah in shaa Allah...

may Allah be with you and all of us Ameeeeeeeeen.

format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl:, I can't believe I'm saying this but my alarm couldn't wake me up during public holdays. I couldn't even hear a word from my handphone, I don't know what went over me. Do you have any solutions?
again sleep early....

format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
Easy, have a very loud alarm ;)
that would help some people...

format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Jazakamullahu Khair for this info. Great and helpful tips!
Wa iyaki my sweet sister may Allah be pleased with you ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

S_87
06-30-2010, 12:34 PM
did u not hear it or did u off it n roll back to sleep?

if u offed it (my alarm goes of every couple of minutes till i off) and still went to sleep then put it a little away from you enough to wake u up and make sure u get UP to off it.

Samiun
06-30-2010, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
did u not hear it or did u off it n roll back to sleep?

if u offed it (my alarm goes of every couple of minutes till i off) and still went to sleep then put it a little away from you enough to wake u up and make sure u get UP to off it.
:sl:, I did not hear my alarm sound. Maybe I just need to sleep early like Sister Amat Allah said.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-01-2010, 07:15 AM
you could implement methods to wake you up such as not using so much blankets..this will make your body cold and will make you feel uncomfortable. you could also drink a sufficient amount of liquids (tea, water, etc) during that day/before sleeping.

Raziah
07-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Go to bed early and have a very loud alarm and put it in the corner of the room,so that you can get up to stop it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.