/* */

PDA

View Full Version : India to launch cow urine as soft drink

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-16-2009, 02:35 AM
:sl:

Does your Pepsi lack pep? Is your Coke not the real thing? India's Hindu nationalist movement apparently has the answer: a new soft drink made from cow urine.

The bovine brew is in the final stages of development by the Cow Protection Department of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), India's biggest and oldest Hindu nationalist group, according to the man who makes it.

Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink – called "gau jal", or "cow water" – in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year".

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."

The drink is the latest attempt by the RSS – which was founded in 1925 and now claims eight million members – to cleanse India of foreign influence and promote its ideology of Hindutva, or Hindu-ness.

Hindus revere cows and slaughtering them is illegal in most of India. Cow dung is traditionally used as a fuel and disinfectant in villages, while cow urine and dung are often consumed in rituals to "purify" those on the bottom rungs of the Hindu caste system.

In 2001, the RSS and its offshoots – which include the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party – began promoting cow urine as a cure for ailments ranging from liver disease to obesity and even cancer.

The movement has often been accused of using more violent methods, such as killing 67 Christians in the eastern state of Orissa last year, and assaulting women in a pub in Mangalore last month. It also has a history of targeting foreign business in India, as in 1994, when it organised a nationwide boycott of multinational consumer goods, including Pepsi and Coca Cola.

The cola brands are popular in India, now one of their biggest markets, but have struggled in recent years to shake off allegations, which they deny, that they contain dangerous levels of pesticide.

Mr Prakash said his drink, by contrast, was made mainly of cow urine, mixed with a few medicinal and ayurvedic herbs. He said it would be "cheap", but declined to give further details about its price or ingredients until it was officially launched.

He insisted, however, that it would be able to compete with the American cola brands, even with their enormous advertising budgets. "We're going to give them good competition as our drink is good for mankind," he said. "We may also think of exporting it."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle5707554.ece

Cow ka Cola? +o(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
02-16-2009, 02:40 AM
Astagfarullah! Ewww zAk you better watch what you drink.

AabiruSabeel
02-16-2009, 04:09 AM
:sl:

Disgusting. We better watch for Hindu made confectionery as well. Who knows what they mix in it?

I don't think this cow ka cola will be able to make it in the market. There are a lot of Muslims there and so many other than hindu people.

:w:

The_Prince
02-16-2009, 04:11 AM
i want some of that, ill order a whole carton.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
02-16-2009, 04:25 AM
couldn't it have some remedial attributes though, it is going a bit too far I'll admit..

north_malaysian
02-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Eww.... why dont they just make the soft drink out of plants...

alcurad
02-16-2009, 04:27 AM
heh, atleast it's 'organic'.

north_malaysian
02-16-2009, 04:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
heh, atleast it's 'organic'.
ewwww.....

I wont buy any drinks coming from India......+o(

aminahjaan
02-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Oh Allah...what the heck has this world come to
DRINKING PEE?
This is so ridiculous

syilla
02-16-2009, 06:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu sayyad
cow ka cola? +o(
;D:rolleyes:

Zahida
02-16-2009, 09:03 AM
+o(+o(:offended:
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
;D:rolleyes:

justahumane
02-16-2009, 09:49 AM
I smell some kind of hindu hatred here in this thread. My duty to warn U ppls, my dear brother and sisters, as a follower of the holy prophet U should not involve in any activity which may jeopardise ur chances for jannah. We are all creation of ALLAH, be it hindu or a muslim. And to add to ur information, muslims interests are best secured in hindu hands rather than ppls of the book's. We can further talk on this subject if anyone can afford.

And as a follower of the holy prophet, U should not shy away from animal's urine. He was well aware about the medicinal benefits of Camel's urine. And when camel's urine can have such effects, why cant cow's.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/urine.htm

I m not debating in favour of cow's urine as such. Coz I dont subscribe to any such idea, be it camel's or cow's. But what irritates me that a learned modrator and honourable members start making things look as if all hindus are enjoying cow's as bed tea and evening milk. huh. Does RSS represents all hindus? does OBL represents all muslims? U guys seems to have cut from same cloths who say "ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS". Grow up.

PS: this is not for brother ZAK, and brother north malasiyan, coz I know for sure they too doesnt subscribe to any such anti hindu sentiment. And not for any honourable subscriber to this thread who doesnt generalize.

nazam786
02-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Gross.

It mus be holy

Musaafirah
02-16-2009, 11:40 AM
You know, i thought people only reverted to such situations when the whole world around them's like caving in.
But to actually go out of your way to purchase the um drink. Eek.

nadia85
02-16-2009, 11:58 AM
sorry doesnt sounnd nice

ardianto
02-16-2009, 04:19 PM
I was laugh when I read this thread because I imagine if I go to supermarket and find a bottled urine. I think this is funny, no matter who's made this bottled urine. And this is not an anti hindu sentiment.

Please dont angry brother Justahumane.:smile:

Pygoscelis
02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
That is disgusting. Next we'll be selling cow pies, the type you find in a field, lol

K.Venugopal
02-16-2009, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahjaan
Oh Allah...what the heck has this world come to
DRINKING PEE?
This is so ridiculous
At least cow's urine is known to have medicinal properties and the cow is considered as sacred by Hindus. So this product will storm the market in India. But in India there is propagation of urine therapy also and here the urine is one's own. A former Prime Minister of India attributed his good health (he became PM at the age of 81 and he died healthy at 99) to urine therapy and he even wrote a book on urine therapy. An amusing incident was when he was widely mocked for his pet fancy, he quoted the Bible saying that therein it says, "Drink from thine own cistern." Of course Christian priests contested his claim that the Bible meant that we should drink our own urine! In Islam the Sahih Bukhari quotes Mohammad as advocating drinking camel's urine as a medicine in several verses.

K.Venugopal
02-16-2009, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
That is disgusting. Next we'll be selling cow pies, the type you find in a field, lol
I won't be surprised if that happens. Cow dung is not at all considered 'dirty' in any Indian village. In fact, they use cow dung in so many ways, even for daily polishing of the mud-floors of their homes. Some temples give a concoction which includes cow-dung/cow-urine as 'prasad' (prasad = sacrament that is given in temples to the devotees to be consumed). If this sounds crazy to you, let me assure you there are many other things Hindus do that you would find crazier but would be absolutely sane for its adherents. It’s all a case of one man's meat being another's poison.

Hassan'76ers
02-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Interesting..

I wonder what the white average american will think of this..

mazhar_majhu
02-16-2009, 07:55 PM
That is true tht hindus consider cow as a holy diety....they workship and do drink the pee of a cow...and tht is the reason we (muslims) are not allowed to slaughter cows in the main cities as far as in know......
hindu ppl drink this from a long time but i suppose this drink is getting labell and bottled...

Muezzin
02-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey, as long as it's clearly labelled, I would have no problems even if they started selling this stuff in the UK.

Unclear labelling would just be taking the pee.

...what? If someone has to make a bad joke, it's me. :D

aminahjaan
02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by K.Venugopal
At least cow's urine is known to have medicinal properties and the cow is considered as sacred by Hindus. So this product will storm the market in India. But in India there is propagation of urine therapy also and here the urine is one's own. A former Prime Minister of India attributed his good health (he became PM at the age of 81 and he died healthy at 99) to urine therapy and he even wrote a book on urine therapy. An amusing incident was when he was widely mocked for his pet fancy, he quoted the Bible saying that therein it says, "Drink from thine own cistern." Of course Christian priests contested his claim that the Bible meant that we should drink our own urine! In Islam the Sahih Bukhari quotes Mohammad as advocating drinking camel's urine as a medicine in several verses.
Uhm....
u·rine

(yŏŏr'ĭn) Pronunciation Key
n. The waste product secreted by the kidneys that in mammals is a yellow to amber-colored, slightly acid fluid discharged from the body through the urethra.

Sounds delish

But it's a very creative soft drink choice...

To add to what you said about the Prophet encouraging drinking camel urine....it's haram to drink or consume bodily fluids so I don't see how that works.

north_malaysian
02-17-2009, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by justahumane
PS: this is not for brother ZAK, and brother north malasiyan, coz I know for sure they too doesnt subscribe to any such anti hindu sentiment. And not for any honourable subscriber to this thread who doesnt generalize.
ohh... yeah.. it has nothing to do with Hinduism... it just making urine into soft drink that makes me really wanna puke...

and these RSS peeps (they dont represent the Hindus), who knows if they sneaked into drink factories in India, and contaminated the water with cow urine....

Vito
02-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Will there be diet pee? I'm trying to watch the calories. No seriously though, isn't there a reason why they call it 'waste'? How can this stuff be healthy?

AntiKarateKid
02-17-2009, 03:37 AM
I smell some kind of hindu hatred here in this thread. My duty to warn U ppls, my dear brother and sisters, as a follower of the holy prophet U should not involve in any activity which may jeopardise ur chances for jannah. We are all creation of ALLAH, be it hindu or a muslim. And to add to ur information, muslims interests are best secured in hindu hands rather than ppls of the book's. We can further talk on this subject if anyone can afford.

And as a follower of the holy prophet, U should not shy away from animal's urine. He was well aware about the medicinal benefits of Camel's urine. And when camel's urine can have such effects, why cant cow's.

I m not debating in favour of cow's urine as such. Coz I dont subscribe to any such idea, be it camel's or cow's. But what irritates me that a learned modrator and honourable members start making things look as if all hindus are enjoying cow's as bed tea and evening milk. huh. Does RSS represents all hindus? does OBL represents all muslims? U guys seems to have cut from same cloths who say "ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS". Grow up.

Most of us are just reacting to the immediate images that form in our minds... not necessarily what is true.

justahumane
02-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Its unfortunate that while so many respected members shared their views on cow urine, made mockrey of hindus and India, but none came forward to talk on the hadith which is related to the holy prophet prescribing camel urine as medicine. Come on guys, plz enlighten us, plz let us know whether U muslims believe on this hadith or not? So far I know that its sahih Bukhari, which is also used to prescribe death penalty for Murtads/Apostates/renegades. I see no point in shying away to talk about camel's pee, for the reasons best known to U.

justahumane
02-17-2009, 06:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
ohh... yeah.. it has nothing to do with Hinduism... it just making urine into soft drink that makes me really wanna puke...

and these RSS peeps (they dont represent the Hindus), who knows if they sneaked into drink factories in India, and contaminated the water with cow urine....
LOL ya it can be a chance, thanks GOD that I already stay away from soft drinks, however for different reasons. But for soft drink lovers, danger is everywhere where hindus or even radical muslims have a presence. Why radical muslims? Coz they can use Camel's urine for same purpose, to make Ummah healthier. :D:D Better say no to Soft Drinks. :thumbs_do

Musaafirah
02-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Umm, I've found this. Camel urine. Still, eek.

aadil77
02-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Its unfortunate that while so many respected members shared their views on cow urine, made mockrey of hindus and India, but none came forward to talk on the hadith which is related to the holy prophet prescribing camel urine as medicine. Come on guys, plz enlighten us, plz let us know whether U muslims believe on this hadith or not? So far I know that its sahih Bukhari, which is also used to prescribe death penalty for Murtads/Apostates/renegades. I see no point in shying away to talk about camel's pee, for the reasons best known to U.
I would never consume any kind of waste whether it was sunnah or not.

As for cow waste, I don't think hindu's are bottleing it for medicinal purposes, I'm sure india's got access to better medicine than that, Its because you worship the cow and everything that comes out of it. Cow waste is one of the 5 purest things in hinduism right?

abdullah_001
02-17-2009, 01:59 PM
LOL ya it can be a chance, thanks GOD that I already stay away from soft drinks, however for different reasons. But for soft drink lovers, danger is everywhere where hindus or even radical muslims have a presence. Why radical muslims? Coz they can use Camel's urine for same purpose, to make Ummah healthier. :D:D Better say no to Soft Drinks. :thumbs_do
Call me a radical then but if the Prophet (saws) said it and it is in an authentic hadith then it is true without a doubt. How long ago was it that we found out that the wings of a fly carry a venom and the cure for it? Didn't Prophet (saws) say that one wing of the fly is a venom and on the other is its cure.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/83423

justahumane
02-17-2009, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdullah_001
Call me a radical then but if the Prophet (saws) said it and it is in an authentic hadith then it is true without a doubt. How long ago was it that we found out that the wings of a fly carry a venom and the cure for it? Didn't Prophet (saws) say that one wing of the fly is a venom and on the other is its cure.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/83423

My dear brother, where I m doubting the wisdom of the holy prophet? I only meant(that too jokingly) that as a radical (Which is no offence at all)one can sneak into a soft drink factory and contaminate(the word brother North Malasiyan used) the water by mixing camal urine(in order to benefit ppls who drink) and earn some sawab. It was just a humorous response to an equally humorous post. No offence intended.

justahumane
02-17-2009, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I would never consume any kind of waste whether it was sunnah or not.

As for cow waste, I don't think hindu's are bottleing it for medicinal purposes, I'm sure india's got access to better medicine than that, Its because you worship the cow and everything that comes out of it. Cow waste is one of the 5 purest things in hinduism right?

Wrong, get educated about hindus than comment brother. And camel's urine wont be anything less beneficial if U wont consume it, but I must warn u not to speak against consuming camel's Urine. U will commit a sin by speaking against something the holy prophet prescribed. No?

Again I stare at ur face with same question, if camel's is good to consume,than why cant cow's? What is the wisdome behind this thread apart from some baseless malacious motives?

And plz dont speak(my request with folded hands) like hindus are botteling it, rather say few hindus are botteling it. Otherwise U will be counted among the ppls who generalize, and almost all of them are Mushrikeen/kuffar. Why join the army of disbelievers when U are a blessed Muslim?

And dare not decide who I worship, ALLAH knows best and he is watching all ur actions.

And plz dont waste ur time in digging out cow dung or cow piss. rather bring something worthwhile to bash hindus. Are U guys bankrupt of real issues like the original poster, an honourable mod of the forum. Plz grow Up I request again.

m102313
02-17-2009, 02:43 PM

Tbh, I understand where brother justahumane is coming from. I know people will find this disgusting, but we need to respect other people's beliefs, I'm sure if we find a similar thread about mocking the Islamic Beliefs we will be there to defend it, as we have all the right to, but we need to be careful not to hurt other people's feelings. As far as im aware (cos my parents are from India), the cow is considered to be a religious symbol for the hindus.

alcurad
02-17-2009, 03:14 PM
^hai to that
it shouldn't be overdone, any number of peoples have had through their long and eventful histories any number of practices not liked/ridiculed by others. not that said actions could not be unsound in some way/s, but still..

aadil77
02-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Wrong, get educated about hindus than comment brother. And camel's urine wont be anything less beneficial if U wont consume it, but I must warn u not to speak against consuming camel's Urine. U will commit a sin by speaking against something the holy prophet prescribed. No?

Again I stare at ur face with same question, if camel's is good to consume,than why cant cow's? What is the wisdome behind this thread apart from some baseless malacious motives?

And plz dont speak(my request with folded hands) like hindus are botteling it, rather say few hindus are botteling it. Otherwise U will be counted among the ppls who generalize, and almost all of them are Mushrikeen/kuffar. Why join the army of disbelievers when U are a blessed Muslim?

And dare not decide who I worship, ALLAH knows best and he is watching all ur actions.

And plz dont waste ur time in digging out cow dung or cow piss. rather bring something worthwhile to bash hindus. Are U guys bankrupt of real issues like the original poster, an honourable mod of the forum. Plz grow Up I request again.
By not consuming camel urine I'm not at sin. Generalizing hindu's does not make you a kuffar, so watch what you say.

Didn't know the holy Prophet and Allah meant so much to a hindu, unless you're one of these people who claim to be half muslim and half hindu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.