/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jalbab

anonymous
02-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey

Didnt know whether this was the right place to place this thread....Anyway I wear the jalbab it protects me and I feel very comfortable wearing it :D but I wanted to ask you I do not have many jalbabs so if I was to go out to the shops or to my cousins or to the high street is it possible to wear my own clothes as long as they are loose is that permissble or after I wore the Jalbab am i not allowed to take it off for no reason....also at special occasions am I allowed to wear a suit if the wedding is segregated....thank yooooou :D

loovee you all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
02-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Ofcourse sis...u can wear ur own clothes.:sunny:

Zahida
02-16-2009, 09:23 PM
:sl: Hey sis as long as you are modestly covered and covered so as not to attract attention you could be wearing a bin liner....................:w::D

The Ruler
02-17-2009, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Didnt know whether this was the right place to place this thread....Anyway I wear the jalbab it protects me and I feel very comfortable wearing it :D but I wanted to ask you I do not have many jalbabs so if I was to go out to the shops or to my cousins or to the high street is it possible to wear my own clothes
I don't think you need to wear different jilbaabs everytime you go out. In fact most women regularly wear 2-3 jilbaabs (I alternate between two blacks that look the same *grin*).

as long as they are loose is that permissble
I think it ought to be fine. But many scholars say that we were ordered to wear something on top of our garments (thus, the jilbaab).

or after I wore the Jalbab am i not allowed to take it off for no reason
Of course you can take it off so long as your dressing code is fine.

....also at special occasions am I allowed to wear a suit if the wedding is segregated....thank yooooou :D
If it's segragated, it's all good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
02-17-2009, 02:05 AM
just dont do anything to attract men outside (by showing off body shape or wearing flashy glitzy colors/stuff etc) and its all good.

men are sick, never forget that, protect yourself from em

alcurad
02-17-2009, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
men are sick, never forget that
now, now,

sevgi
02-17-2009, 03:22 AM
*Sevgi goes to hell*

syilla
02-17-2009, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman

men are sick, never forget that, protect yourself from em
at first i thought this statement comes from a girl...erm...but clearly i'm wrong :X

ukhtee...there are so many kinds of jalbab out there...

some say it is not good to wear bright colours...but if you come to Malaysia...even the men wear pink and bright green... :p

nazam786
02-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Is wearing a scarf a giving more respect to Islam.

Or is it a fashion nowadays?

Snowflake
02-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Allah has stated in the Quran for women to wear an outer garment when out or in the presence of non mahrams. The outer garment doesn't have to be a jilbab though. A loose coat is fine. A large shawl is sufficient too. It must cover the awrah - which for a woman is head to feet. No doubt then, the shawl has to be pretty large.

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
:salamext:

Perhaps this article will be useful:

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...ubstitute.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.