/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Do We Mess Up Exams?!

Danah
02-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I read this somewhere and found it funny to share here.... just to make those who currently are doing exams to have some laughs and brighten their moods :)
May Allah make it easy on everyone have exams here "including me"
--------------------------------------------------

A year has 365 days for you to study.

After taking away 52 Sundays, there are

only 313 days left.

There are 50 days in the summer that is

way too hot to work so there are only 263 days left.

We sleep 8 hours a day, in a year, that

counts up to 122 days so now we're left with 141 days.

If we fooled around for only 1 hour a

day, 15 days are gone, so we are left with 126 days.

We spend 2 hours eating each day, 30

days are used in this way in the year, and we are left with 96 days in our year.

We spend 1 hour a day speaking to

friends and family, that takes away 15 days more and we are left with 81 days.

Exams and tests take up at least 35

days in your year, hence you are only left with 46 days.

Taking off approximately 40 days of

holidays, you are only left with 6 days.

Say you are sick for a minimum of 3

days, you're left with 3 days in the year to study!

Let's say you only go out for 2 days!

You are left with 1 day!

But that 1 day is your birthday...

so...

GOOD LUCK to everyone on your exams.

'Make things easy not difficult and be cheerful not threatening'

(Bukhari N Muslim)

source

I am not sure whether this is the right place or the Puzzles & Humour section is the right one :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
02-17-2009, 09:02 AM
hehe... :D

i'm glad i'm over with exams...

nazam786
02-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Lol that was funny

Nice one saya

Soulja Girl
02-17-2009, 07:30 PM
:sl:

Lol, niiche... :coolious:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Yasmin*
02-17-2009, 07:32 PM
nice excuses
though we can't do anything
We SHOULD Succeed :(/:)

Güven
02-17-2009, 07:36 PM
hmmm....that explains why

muslim sister)
02-18-2009, 01:11 PM
nice thread,recently I had exams,thoughd I wouldn't pass,but to my surprise all of them were above 90%,I am hapyyyy:D

Periwinkle18
02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
lolz i hav my exams in May so plz pray 4 me everyone.

Sahabiyaat
02-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Im printing this out and showing it to my lecturer, and saying "SEE!" lol.

Güven
02-27-2009, 02:58 PM
good Idea!! ^^

Green_shoes
02-27-2009, 09:53 PM
But i spend 2 hours just eating lunch, i need to eat faster then

i failed in my accounting exam today though :(

God-is-great
02-27-2009, 10:25 PM
lol i like this thread

zanjabeela
02-28-2009, 12:37 AM
:sl:
LoL So, that's where all my time went!

:w:

Yanal
02-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Nice.

Eric H
02-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Hello SAYA,

Very good, but you forgot to subtract the ten percent of your time spent on the computer, which means a year needs to be another thirty six days longer before you have enough time to study at all. It seems these teachers are asking you all to do the impossible by asking you to study in time that does not exist at all:D

always remember these great words of wisdom,

What you can put off today, you can put off tomorrow.:D

But I know you guys all work really hard for your exams:smile:

Eric

Raudha
03-01-2009, 02:53 PM
:sl: Lovely..We'd be lucky if our lecturers actually fell for this:shade:....Besides, there's also a great deal of time that we spend on Ibadah,Alhamdulillah:peace:

symori
03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
hehehehe....cute!!

Danah
03-02-2009, 09:24 PM
hey people........you have to study, okay ??!!! dont let this affected you and said yeah we dont have time as SAYA said......lol

YOU ARE AMAZING when you decide to do something, it just need a little bit of determination

Sahabiyaat......If you will do it really and show your lecturer this, plz tell me his/her reaction lol

Green_shoes, InshaAllah you will do better next time my dear

Eric, You really mention a good point there....I spent around 4 to 5 hrs on the computer.....so I think this example is not applied on me at all.....thats really funny!!

Raudha, sure sis.....praying and reading Quran do takes time from us, so literally we need another year added so we can do all of our stuff

All the best for all of those who are doing exams "including me" :) :peace:

Raudha
03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Raudha, sure sis.....praying and reading Quran do takes time from us, so literally we need another year added so we can do all of our stuff
Lol..that's so true. I think maybe we should only have exams every second year:smile:

All the best for all of those who are doing exams "including me" :) :peace:
May Allah make it easy and beneficial for all of us. Ameen.

saba muslimah
03-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Oh great u all.... its nice dear sis Saya..!
U all guys r Rock... Do ur best for Best result in Exms
May Allah Give u success... AAameeeeeeeeen

Danah
03-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Ameen to the above duaa's

format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha
Lol..that's so true. I think maybe we should only have exams every second year:smile:
lol, perfect suggestion :peace:

Tara x
03-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Anybody gettin der A level jan results next week?
i am plz pray for us all
we will be successfull Inshallah x
Allah is the Greatest

~Raynn~
03-06-2009, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tara x
Anybody gettin der A level jan results next week?
Yup.....I'm counting the hours...

format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha
Lol, works for me!! :D

Tara x
03-06-2009, 09:38 PM
yeah me to
well inshallah we will do well just have to pray to Allah :)

~Raynn~
03-12-2009, 06:02 PM
yeah me to
well inshallah we will do well just have to pray to Allah :)
Hey, how was results day?? Hope you got everything you hoped for! :statisfie

Mysterious Uk
03-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Why do we mess up exams? because we are all stupid.

just kidding. Nah the best thing to do is plan plan plan. Plan in advance when you are going to revise and set yourself goals, eg. by 20th march i will revise this topic.

Although have to admit i'm a bit of a hypocrit like, i used to leave things last minute, one thing everyone needs to do well: motivation.

~Raynn~
03-12-2009, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
Nah the best thing to do is plan plan plan. Plan in advance when you are going to revise and set yourself goals, eg. by 20th march i will revise this topic.
Lol, I try... I make tons of schedules and resolutions at the beginning of every new year, new term, new week........
Following through is the hard part.

But you're right, we've just gotta stay motivated, work hard...and MAKE time if there's none to be found (which is clearly the case, as this thread shows :p)

Tara x
03-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Salam
Yup i gt more than i ever expected esp as some exams wer really hard i also prayed alot n it payed off
i gt an A, 3 Bs and 2 Cs ( i resat some lol ) mashallah :D
how about you? hope you did well....

Tara x
03-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Salam Hope you did well

Raudha
03-13-2009, 08:32 PM
:sl: MashaAllah sis Tara X..dats eXcellent:D....Plz make dua 4 me..I'm rytin in ten days:enough!:

~Raynn~
03-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Salam
Yup i gt more than i ever expected esp as some exams wer really hard i also prayed alot n it payed off
i gt an A, 3 Bs and 2 Cs ( i resat some lol ) mashallah :D
how about you? hope you did well....
Salaam,
That's wonderful! And thanks, I'm overall pretty happy with mine too (mostly A's, :statisfie)

And all the best with your exams, sister Raudha; I'm sure you'll do great! :happy:

Tara x
03-14-2009, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Raynn~
Salaam,
That's wonderful! And thanks, I'm overall pretty happy with mine too (mostly A's, :statisfie)

And all the best with your exams, sister Raudha; I'm sure you'll do great! :happy:
Salam thats great well done :)

Raudha
03-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Ameen..The exam is tomorrow..I'm so0o nervous!+o(

Al-Layl
04-07-2009, 01:45 AM
how do the people who don't mash up manage it then?

Yanal
04-07-2009, 01:54 AM
^ when your sick then you study. Anyway I don't take two hours to eat my measly plate of food <_<.

~Raynn~
04-07-2009, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Layl
how do the people who don't mash up manage it then?
Lol, I wonder too...it's like some people have more than 24 hrs in their dayy...

Danah
04-13-2009, 07:51 AM
plz keep me in ur duaa everyone, I finished my midterm exams and I am waiting the grades
I must admit that I did my best, but even though, I am still scared:exhausted

nebula
04-13-2009, 02:48 PM
lol funny thread :D

Hugo
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
1. No amount of praying will help you if you have not put in real effort to learn, God is not going to reward or help you because you have been lazy or left it all to the last minute. If however, you become ill or family matters make it hard for you to keep up you MUST talk to your tutors as soon as possible. Almost all colleges and Universities have ways of dealing with exceptional circumstances and most often they will give you more time or let you take the assessment at a later date but there will never be a lessening of the required standards.

2. You will ONLY be able to deal with what is difficult if you have thoroughly learned the basics - else you have nothing to build on.

3. Successful learning is mostly about choices. You can act responsibly and choose to put in committed effort and learn thoroughly evidenced by setting aside time, knowing about due dates and deadlines, reading the notes, doing the exercises, reading books, steadily working on the assessments, asking questions, feeling you are part of a learning community and so on and that will inevitably bring success. If you don't do this then tacitly you are choosing not to learn.

4. Take breaks. Indeed that latests brain research shows that unless your do your brain never gets a chance to organise itself and the learning will be imperfect. Breaks might be for coffee, a walk, dig the garden, anything that for a long or short time gives your brain a chance to daydream all by itself. This also shows of course that learning cannot be rushed so if you think you can leave it all to the last minute you are just deluding yourself.

5. There is not just one way or one place to learn, thoughts and ideas can come any time so don't limit your self to saying you must be at your desk, you must have quiet you must have this or that before you can learn - doing that just become an excuse.

6. You must know what you have to do and then do it. Its not the tutors responsibility, its not your mothers, its not your employers, it's not God's ... its YOURS.

Lots of people have written about learning and wisdom:

Bible Proverbs 2:6 "And here's why: God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding. He's a rich mine of Common Sense for those who live well, a personal bodyguard to the candid and sincere. He keeps his eye on all who live honestly, and pays special attention to his loyally committed ones."

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." (Rene Descartes)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is a habit." (Socrates)
(on learning anything) There is a better way than any of those [teaching methods] and one which is generally overlooked - it consists in the desire to learn. (Rousseau)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.