/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is skydiving haram?

crayon
02-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Is skydiving haram?
Is bungee jumping haram?

Serious questions.

These are two things I've always wanted to do, but a while back I heard that they're haram, because it's leading yourself to your demise, or something like that.

But obviously precautions are taken, it's not like you're jumping out of a plane on a whim.. Is it really that different from riding a roller coaster?

As long as the proper precautions are taken, is it still haram? How is different from going on a roller coaster or any other thrill ride?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayesha309
02-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I dont see why it would be haraam sis. I went bungie jumping. Its defenitly fun :D
Although perhaps for women, you have to make sure the wind doesn't expose your awrah.

S_87
02-17-2009, 03:17 PM
i dont know if its haram but skydiving is defo on my to do list one day

Yanal
02-17-2009, 03:22 PM
^ but if thats how you feel that means it's not haaram?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
02-17-2009, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Skydiving is really appealing. But bungee jumping is just gah. The thought of it makes me wanna puke.
What if the Parachute wont open , or it opens too late ? :skeleton:

or with the bungeejumping what if the rope is a lil , lets say a cm to long ? orsomething :skeleton:

hmm...

not that im afraid though :shade::skeleton:

crayon
02-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Seriously, you guys don't think it's haram?!
I always heard it was haram, not actual proof, just people saying it, and I assumed they knew what they were talking about..

Man, I had a chance to go tandem this summer but didn't because I wasn't sure. Plus, my parents didn't let me. GAH!!

I'd rather go skydiving than bungee jumping, but hey, I'd definitely do both if I had the chance!

Lol, Guven.. It's safe, don't worry. :P

Ayesha- Yeah for sure, you'd be dressed properly, not in a loose skirt or something, lol...:skeleton:

If anyone has any daleel or anything, please share..

chacha_jalebi
02-17-2009, 06:00 PM
well people may say its haraam because of the risks involved, but then that would make most thins haraam, like im usin this bootifull laptop, it could explode in my face n cause me a terrible electric shock:p

sky diving is just one of them thins its a sport you know, you jump out of the plane if you survive then woo hoo, but if u die then o well :D

crayon
02-17-2009, 06:02 PM
This thread is making me super happy. :D

chacha_jalebi
02-17-2009, 06:06 PM
on a more serious note, sky divin/bungee jumpin is pretty cool, like you hear the odd one of two stories, that some mans eye popped cos of the force, whatever, maybe he had weak eye sockets!! :D

its fun to try new stuff, so get out there and dooo it

if your gona try sky divin i recommend takin a parachute :p you know thats advice of the century

Güven
02-17-2009, 06:19 PM
^bring two parachutes or maybe three , you never know what happens :D

Al-Zaara
02-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Make sure your headscarf is tight on when bungee-jumping and sky-diving. :p

Some say using high-heels is haram, 'cause of the danger. Their eyes would probably pop out if you mentioned bungee jumping to them. The answer you get depends on whom you ask and what and how much they prioritize one aspect (like health).

*Yasmin*
02-17-2009, 07:00 PM
^^ and how can some one jump in bungee-jumping and wear jilbab at the same time!!

i really find this not suitable for girls or me i don't know
jump and other look hmmmmmmmmmm^o)

Al-Zaara
02-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Jilbab I really don't know. It could though be used as an emergancy-parachute-like if possible. (joking)

doorster
02-17-2009, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
well people may say its haraam because of the risks involved, but then that would make most thins haraam, like I'm using this beautiful laptop, it could explode in my face n cause me a terrible electric shock:p

sky diving is just one of them thins its a sport you know, you jump out of the plane if you survive then woo hoo, but if u die then o well :D
:sl:

if you are a young person intending to enlist in armed forces or rescue services of your country then bungee jumping could be a nice little icebreaker/confidence builder, but if you are an adult just wanting to waste money/time and risk life & limb to get an adrenaline rush then not much can be said by anyone (without getting banned).

*Yasmin*
02-17-2009, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Jilbab I really don't know. It could though be used as an emergancy-parachute-like if possible. (joking)
lol that's funny
and my brother will give me a box on my eye at the end of the day:D

Al-Zaara
02-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Why would he?

*Yasmin*
02-17-2009, 07:24 PM
^ cause jilbab turned to be an emergancy-parachute :uuh:
plus i was kidding :smile:
if he gives me a box i'll give him dozen :D

Al-Zaara
02-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Haha, awesome.

I thought you were joking but was a bit unsure.. Haha. He should be happy if you get saved with your jilbab! :p

Caller الداعي
02-17-2009, 07:34 PM
:sl:
ask a scholar

*Yasmin*
02-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Haha, awesome.

I thought you were joking but was a bit unsure.. Haha. He should be happy if you get saved with your jilbab! :p
^^ Haha
happy !!
he'll be happy to get rid of me (joking)

ayesha309
02-17-2009, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Skydiving is really appealing. But bungee jumping is just gah. The thought of it makes me wanna puke.
Why would it make you puke? its fun. its like you're riding on a big swing. you feel like you're flying :D

ayesha309
02-17-2009, 07:56 PM
^^
you know when i did bungee jumping, i was really scared of puking. but honestly, nothing like that happend. it felt like i was flying. it was fun. it was relaxing. (which i know sounds weird). anyhow, my experience could be totally different from another invidual. :D
perosonally i wud luv to go again, and for that matter try sky diving. it sounds fun. although abaya does pose a problem

Güven
02-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Deep diving is fun !

Muezzin
02-17-2009, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha309
I dont see why it would be haraam sis. I went bungie jumping. Its defenitly fun :D
Although perhaps for women, you have to make sure the wind doesn't expose your awrah.
That shouldn't be a problem. Skydivers wear colourful jumpsuits/babygrows.

And if you're falling at such a velocity that all your clothes blow off (or burn off in... re-entry), I don't think you'd be worried about shame so much as whether or not your parachute is still attached to your back.

chacha_jalebi
02-17-2009, 09:28 PM
get to get the practice of sky divin, lets all jump out of our bedroom windows, you lot go first :embarrass

crayon
02-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Some say using high-heels is haram, 'cause of the danger. Their eyes would probably pop out if you mentioned bungee jumping to them. The answer you get depends on whom you ask and what and how much they prioritize one aspect (like health).
Lol, high heels dangerous.. Well I guess really high heels are dangerous for me, I might knock my head against the top of a doorway. (yes, that has really happened. yes, i no longer wear high heels, lol.)

But yeah, people always assume skydiving is dangerous!! They think that you're just jumping out of a plane!
It's not like that, it's actually really safe! Hardly anyone ever dies! (I think...).

Although I must admit, I can't imagine what incredible rush you would get if your parachute didn't open.. That sounds a little nuts, but think about it. What an interesting way to die.

I was going to look up skydiving videos on youtube yesterday... I ended up looking at "skydiving accidents"..:offended:
They weren't too horrible, though...

Al-Zaara
02-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Ah, give the high-heels a second chance. Ain't their fault you're clumsy. :p

But to stay on topic, I would love to try if I had a chance. Really, almost anything is dangerous in this life, for some people just going out of the house might be dangerous...

Besides, it might give you a perspective on how valuable your life is, how beautiful the world is, how strong gravity is...

crayon
02-18-2009, 07:17 AM
" Each year about 30 people die skydiving in the United States, and that's out of over 2 million parachute jumps. Given the odds, you're better off skydiving than let’s say driving a car. Every year, over 40,000 people die in traffic accidents, in excess of 3,000 die in fishing accidents (drowning), more than 800 die while bicycling, and about 80 die standing outside by lightning "

:D

crayon
02-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Ah, give the high-heels a second chance. Ain't their fault you're clumsy. :p

But to stay on topic, I would love to try if I had a chance. Really, almost anything is dangerous in this life, for some people just going out of the house might be dangerous...

Besides, it might give you a perspective on how valuable your life is, how beautiful the world is, how strong gravity is...
Oi lol, I'm not clumsy! Tall person+high heels+low doorway = ouch.

I think I'd have more trouble convincing my parents than jumping out of an airplane, lol.

"But mom, I'll appreciate gravity so much more if I have experienced it's full effect!!".. I hope she buys that excuse, lol.

Al-Zaara
02-18-2009, 09:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
"But mom, I'll appreciate gravity so much more if I have experienced it's full effect!!".. I hope she buys that excuse, lol.
Who wouldn't? Haha

fatima_01
02-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Is skydiving haram?
Is bungee jumping haram?

Serious questions.

These are two things I've always wanted to do, but a while back I heard that they're haram, because it's leading yourself to your demise, or something like that.

But obviously precautions are taken, it's not like you're jumping out of a plane on a whim.. Is it really that different from riding a roller coaster?

As long as the proper precautions are taken, is it still haram? How is different from going on a roller coaster or any other thrill ride?
omg i ONLY want to do 2 things in life one of them is skydiving ;)

Raizins
02-19-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't think I'd go sky-diving but I do want to go bungee jumping someday inshAllah.
Ugh I just asked my mom she's like she'll never let me go ever in my life even when I'm older. :'( She's like what if the rope breaks? I'm like if Allah wants me to die that day I'm gonna day. Mama's like "well you're throwing yourself off the cliff :rollseyes:" And I compare it to the roller coaster, and she's like "yeah but you're not by yourself". :S I don't get it. :(
It WAS on my things-to-do-before-I-die-inshAllah list. Until now?

Snowflake
02-19-2009, 03:19 PM
good to see so many sisters wanting to sky-dive. I thought i was the only nutter! One day I might arrange sisters sky-diving trip, so be prepared! (uk only :p)

Just to let u know how advanced my thinking is, I've also thought of a jilbab design which wont blow up as you come down. I hope it works. It wouldnt be any fun if our jilbabs end up being blown over our heads. We'd look like tulips falling from the sky.

crayon
02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
^^lol, no worries sis, there are loads of us nutters out there. :p
I know a hijabi sis who has been skydiving for charity!
And get working on those designs, you'd make loads from us muslim women skydivers, lol.

Raizins- Ask your mom why dying by yourself is any different to dying alone, lol:?

Raizins
02-19-2009, 03:30 PM
LOL I KNOW RIGHT? XD I think she meant like I was .. directly putting myself in danger. :rollseyes:
Oh well I think I'd rather go parasailing anyway. Just flyyy.
Oh there's this ride in kansas city called.. i forget but its kinda like bungee jumping, they tie you to this rope and you just jump and fly. I think I'll do that this summer instead inshAllah. :D I'll get my mom to do it with me, you go in pairs lol. xD

crayon
02-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Ahh yeah, I think I know what kind of ride you're talking about, they have it in Canada's Wonderland.. My parents didn't let me go on that one either.<_<

This is a picture of the one in wonderland

And I'd also love to go para sailing!!

Raizins
02-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Thats so awesome :O I WANNA GO ON THAT ONE :D

This is the one I was talking about
http://www.worldsoffun.com/public/in...es/ripcord.cfm

Snowflake
02-20-2009, 12:55 AM
^^lol, no worries sis, there are loads of us nutters out there. :p
I know a hijabi sis who has been skydiving for charity!
And get working on those designs, you'd make loads from us muslim women skydivers, lol.

Raizins- Ask your mom why dying by yourself is any different to dying alone, lol:?

lol nutty hijabis eh! OK, I'll make one of those jilbabs and see how it goes. Be prepared to volunteer though ;D

Btw, that's one cool sis mashaAllah! I wanna get to know her :p :sunny:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.