/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which Masjid should i go to????!!!!! please help

ayan333
02-17-2009, 01:55 PM
:sl:

ok,im a bit confused...no actually im very confused.

Whats up with all these different sects.Isnt Islam One Ummah who all worship ALLAH (SWA)?

ok well heres my situation

My Family attends Masjid As-Sunnah whose Imam is 100 percent Sunni Muslim.Ive never heard it from my Family but the community seams a little split.they all live in one community yet they attend 3 different Masjid who all worship the same way,i mean everything is the same but they have minor differences.

I gathered students from 2 of the 3 Masjids in this community to work togeather to compete in this Muslim tournament,hoping it would help end the sepration a bit.

in our weekly meeting is i noticed that they work getting a little more comfratabe with one another untill our fundraiser.At the end of the event they were like we appreciate this and all but we heard some one say that the "Al-Momineen girls didnt help and just took their food n left.I was extremly angered but we apologized on everyones behalf ect

but anyway to the point,i started to attend Masjid Al-Momineen much more.i took classes at As-Sunnah for about 2 years so i t wasnt normal for me to just go to another Masjid to take classes.i started going there more n more n beofre i new it i was therer all the time for almost every Prayers

one thing that attracted me to Masjid Al-Momineen is that the girls,especialy the ones my age are so close to one another,they love eachother like they shared the same Mother.when i came i told the teacher n Imam that i was just here to help out ect but i started loving the way they treated me n made me so welcomed.they respected me even tho i was new.they acted as if i was there form day one.it was like i fit into the puzzle...

anyway the aspect they differ in is that they make Dua after every Salah outloud.so the Imam makes a Dua over the mic where as Masjid Al-Sunnah doeasnt do that,i was told that Prophet Mohamed (S.a.w) did not do that so therefore it is Bidah or inovation.i was alwasy ignornat on this matter ut after attending their classes i couldnt believe that these great people where commiting bida',i didnt understand.

they also celebrate Molede which is the Prophet (Saw) birthday,another thing Masjid Al-Sunnah doesnt allow.and they also have male teachers (only the Imam and another teacher)

I need some sicnere advice.I love going to Al-Momineen classes cuz i feel like i will advance in my choice of perfession.i want to study deen and i just think i would learn alot more under these teacher.they also have classes all day so the kids are in the Masjid almost teh entire day MashALLAH.they come in at 10am and leave for break after Duhr.tehy coem back beofre Asr and some leave after Maqrib n some leave after Isha.the girls are very close n i love that! they have little lectures for themsleves and they give eachother advice and tey sit in cirlces and read Hdiths ect.

what should i do?????

when i told my Mom i was going there to help ect,she didnt mind but ifi start going there for classes which ive already done idk how she will react.

if im not mistaken,ALLAH (SWA) said that on the day of Jundgement there wll be 73 differnt sect fo Muslims. n only one wil entire Paradise.so what should i do

is it ok if i go there but i stay away from paricipating in the Moleede and make my own Dua after Salah.

JazakALLAH Khair

WaSalamu Alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sshussain
02-17-2009, 03:51 PM
As salaam alikum,
I would like to recall a Hadith of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) that there will come a time when people will dispute over trivial matters and leave the major issues as if they do not concern them.
Like for example of saying AMEEN loudly or the matter of making the dua after the salah. But the ummah is not really concern about how to abolish the system of Riba, or is not interested in promotion of virtue and prevention of vice.
You should not fall into doubt about a masjid if they do one thing in a way and some other masjid does it in some other way. As far as the masjid is being used to establish the salah then its ok.
And if you feel comfortable going to a particular masjid then you should keep doing so, but be mindful of not falling into any fitnah by adhering to Quran and Sunnah and reject anything which opposes them.
Jazak Allah

MO783
02-17-2009, 04:08 PM

Just go the to the masjid that you feel most comfterable with and happy.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-17-2009, 04:43 PM

I advice you to take out the time and read the following (a little lengthy, but very comprehensive) fatwa regarding these issues. It happens to be the most balanced and inclusive article I've read on this (and similar) subjects:

http://muslimmatters.org/2007/06/03/...a%E2%80%99wah/
what should i do?????

if im not mistaken,ALLAH (SWA) said that on the day of Jundgement there wll be 73 differnt sect fo Muslims. n only one wil entire Paradise.so what should i do
Please read this:
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...-al-oadah.html

Lastly, a little advice based on what I've seen occurring amongst communities. Don't be quick to abandon people and beware of falling into the fitnah of speaking about personalities and organizations and masajid, labeling so and so as an innovator or so and so as this or that. Take the truth wherever it comes from. Beware of carrying hatred and dislike or even a grudge in your heart for other Muslims. Guard your tongue. Remember that the flesh of your brothers is haraam on you, and more so of the people that have 'ilm. Focus on what benefits you and on what increases you in knowledge and strive for that and if anyone tells you other wise, then ignore them as they will not benefit you in the least.

I know that you aren't like that, walhamdullilah. Yet I have seen many people who initially did not engage in such activities, yet out of misplaced zealousness they fell into such a fitnah and caused separation amongst communities, and I just intend to make you aware of it so that you may protect yourself from it Insha'Allaah. (smile).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
02-17-2009, 08:00 PM

JazakALLAH Khair everyone!

i realy appreciate your advice

May ALLAH (SWA) guide us all InshALLAH

:w:

Dawud_uk
02-18-2009, 07:33 AM

try to attend the masaajid that are upon the Quran and sunnah, this way you will remain with the saved sect, avoid innovations and messed up aqeedah but dont boycott ahlul bidah totally,

you should talk to them, gently, guide them to the truth and away from their mistakes and if you leave them and never talk to them then how can you help guide them?

similarly if the ahlus sunnah masjid if making some mistakes, try to correct them, no one or no group is perfect.

Pomak
02-19-2009, 05:37 AM
Ok firstly lets get the basics down. People that go to a sister and ask her if her mother is muslim yet, because they don't following that particular "group".... That is a sect. All the rest is classified as "different groups".

As for quiet vs loud supplication, its apparently recommended to be done silently. I would post the fatwah(its a good read) but it seems like the website is banned from LI for some reason.

This supplication can be carried out loudly or silently. However, it is preferable to supplicate silently, as Allah Most High says:

�Call on your lord with humility and in private� (al-A�raf, 55).

In it stated in the Hanafi reference book, al-Bazzaziyya:

�If the Imam supplicated loudly with the followers, then there is nothing wrong in doing so, so that people learn the Qur�anic and Prophetic supplications. When they learnt them, then supplicating loudly would be wrong� (al-Bazzaziyya).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.