/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Proposal

anonymous
02-18-2009, 12:03 PM
:sl:
I need some advise, i'm Pakistani and have gotten a marriage proposal from a Palestinian. there is pretty much nothing wrong with the guy but his mother doesn't want him to marry outside of the arab culture. another one of the issues is the fact that if i say yes, than he wan't to get married asap but i can't b/c i'm still in university. there r also other issues but these are the main ones, so based on these what should i do?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
02-18-2009, 12:06 PM
if the issues are minor ones that can be worked around then do istikhara and put your trust in Allah and go forward with it :?

MO783
02-18-2009, 12:12 PM

you need to sit and chat and get family involved.

also try do istikhara

anonymous
02-18-2009, 12:42 PM
i'v tried taking with family but it just seems everybody has different views, and i'm just lost
it just seems that there not taking into consideration what i'm trying to say they just keep on saying "o hes so religious what can be wrong" ... which i think is pretty pathetic
inshallah i will do istikhara and see how it goes
thanks for the help

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
02-18-2009, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I need some advise, i'm Pakistani and have gotten a marriage proposal from a Palestinian. there is pretty much nothing wrong with the guy but his mother doesn't want him to marry outside of the arab culture. another one of the issues is the fact that if i say yes, than he wan't to get married asap but i can't b/c i'm still in university. there r also other issues but these are the main ones, so based on these what should i do?

An elder figure on this forum once told me that one should only get married when they have absolutely no reason left not to.

This advice stuck to me...

Either work things out as clearly as possible until you have absolutely no reason left to refuse or question him and his situation, or let it go before you get in too deep.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.