omar_2133
02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I read that the stages involved in Ghusl are:

1. Declaring the intention of performing Ghsul

2. Washing the hands to the wrist

3. Washing the private parts

4. Peforming Wudu

5. Washing the body

When one reaches the stage of Wudu, is it neccessary to declare the intention of performing Wudu before you start, and say the Shahadah at the end of it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zamtsa
02-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Rasulullah said that the Ghusl must be done "by washing the head (below the hair) 3 times (Silsilah Hadits Ash Shahihah 1 by syaikh Nashir Al Albaani)."

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

kwolney01
02-19-2009, 07:55 PM
I would say no, you don't have to declare your intention of wudu. Because wudu, is a step of ghusl which you have already declared. I hope this helps.

Imran7
02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Asalaama Alaykum:
These are the steps for Ghusl:
1)Have intenstion to perform Ghusl (dont need to say it out)
2) Wash both hands
3) Wash front private part and then the back private part (including the inside) - using left hand
4) the Prophet (saw) would use sand to clean off his hands but to follow sunnah, we would use soap as we touched our private parts.
5) THe prophet (saw) would do full Wudu except cleaning his feet
6) After doing the Wudu i.e. stop after cleaning of hair and ears - the prophet would clean his right side and then move to the left side
7) Make sure you clean every single part! not leaving a part that hasnt touched water
8) THe prophet (saw) would move to another place i.e. step away from where he was performing Ghusl and then wash his feet. To follow the sunnah, we would just move back in the bath tub and then wash our feet. THis is because, the other part had all the impurities.

You Ghusl is valid and you dont need to perform Wudu and you have done both!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.