/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nazarene

NazariteofEhyah
02-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Shalama,

I am Nazarene (of relation to a Nazarite) living in the UK. I intend to use this Islamic Forum to attain proper knowledge of the Islamic Relevation as to answer the philosophies of the faith, Scriptures and Teachers can were handed down to me.

Andre

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
02-20-2009, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NazariteofEhyah
Shalama,

I am Nazarene (of relation to a Nazarite)
Salaam...:D

So you were born in Nazareth? or a follower of Christianity?

NazariteofEhyah
02-20-2009, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Salaam...:D

So you were born in Nazareth? or a follower of Christianity?
Follower of Christ

north_malaysian
02-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Follower of Christ
oh..ok... welcome! welcome!:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
02-20-2009, 03:59 AM
[PIE]hello:)[/PIE]

glo
02-20-2009, 06:27 AM
Shalama,

I am Nazarene (of relation to a Nazarite) living in the UK. I intend to use this Islamic Forum to attain proper knowledge of the Islamic Relevation as to answer the philosophies of the faith, Scriptures and Teachers can were handed down to me.

Andre
Welcome to LI, Andre :)

I am interested to find out more about the beliefs and practices of Nazarenes.

north_malaysian
02-20-2009, 07:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

eh..arent you a follower of Christ too?

NazariteofEhyah
02-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Follower of Christ
But as my Username implies, Ehyah has much more then Yeshua. For Ehyah is a name of Deity. Nazarite stems from ancient times, from the time of Solomon and Samson.

NazariteofEhyah
02-20-2009, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
[PIE]hello:)[/PIE]
Hello

NazariteofEhyah
02-20-2009, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

There are the Nazarenes of Mount Carmel.

*charisma*
02-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Hey,

Welcome to the forum!

Dawud_uk
02-21-2009, 03:04 AM
peace be upon those who follow righteous guidance,

i find it interesting you use the term nazarene, the old name for christians before they started using the term christian, the only people i have met who do this are rastafarians, do you follow their philosophies or do you follow a different set of teachings?

NazariteofEhyah
02-21-2009, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk

i find it interesting you use the term nazarene, the old name for christians before they started using the term christian, the only people i have met who do this are rastafarians, do you follow their philosophies or do you follow a different set of teachings?

Shalama,

You are correct. There are some common ground between Nazarenes and Rastarfarians (through the Nazarite Vows for example). Some of the philosophies have a likeness. The word Nazarene I understand to be an authentic work for the early "Christians".

NazariteofEhyah
02-21-2009, 03:13 AM

To discuss such things, I need to find the right section.

NazariteofEhyah
02-21-2009, 03:15 AM
Thanks.

Woodrow
02-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Welcome to LI. Please look around and feel free to ask questions.

Please keep in mind we are not a Fiqh site and most of our information here is at a very elementary level, we are more of an introduction source, not a full scale educational resource. Many of our members and guests are non-Muslims. But, Inshallah, you should be able to find considerable information in our "Discover Islam" section.

You may want to post a thread in the comparative religion section. I am not very knowledgeable about you beliefs and am curious to see what you believe.

NazariteofEhyah
02-21-2009, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Welcome to LI. Please look around and feel free to ask questions.

Please keep in mind we are not a Fiqh site and most of our information here is at a very elementary level, we are more of an introduction source, not a full scale educational resource. Many of our members and guests are non-Muslims. But, Inshallah, you should be able to find considerable information in our "Discover Islam" section.

You may want to post a thread in the comparative religion section. I am not very knowledgeable about you beliefs and am curious to see what you believe.
Shalama,

I don't know what Fiqh means. I will look it up. I know, Nazarenes are rare.

Woodrow
02-21-2009, 03:46 AM
Shalama,

I don't know what Fiqh means. I will look it up. I know, Nazarenes are rare.

Fiqh is an Arabic word usually translated into the English word Law. But it is more of a combination of Law, obedience, methodology and what we are required or expected to do.

NazariteofEhyah
02-21-2009, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Fiqh is an Arabic word usually translated into the English word Law. But it is more of a combination of Law, obedience, methodology and what we are required or expected to do.
Humanity rebels easily. I will have to start new threads on many topics.

Dawud_uk
02-21-2009, 05:43 AM
Shalama,

You are correct. There are some common ground between Nazarenes and Rastarfarians (through the Nazarite Vows for example). Some of the philosophies have a likeness. The word Nazarene I understand to be an authentic work for the early "Christians".
i take it from that you dont worship the last ethiopian emperor then as an incarnation of the creator?

NazariteofEhyah
02-21-2009, 05:45 AM
i take it from that you dont worship the last ethiopian emperor then as an incarnation of the creator?
No, that would be at odds with the LORD's Will.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.