/* */

PDA

View Full Version : are images of a skeleton haram??

pridefulmuslim
02-20-2009, 04:06 AM
i have a mug that i bought from Disney world that is a head of a skeleton (pirates of the caribbean!!)......i set it at the top of my dresser, and my aunt came in and said i cant have that up there cuz its haram.

is this true??.... i mean skeletons are not alive and cant be, its like sayin if i had a toy of a hand layin in my room its haram.....i dont get it...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
02-21-2009, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by pridefulmuslim
i have a mug that i bought from Disney world that is a head of a skeleton (pirates of the caribbean!!)......i set it at the top of my dresser, and my aunt came in and said i cant have that up there cuz its haram.

is this true??.... i mean skeletons are not alive and cant be, its like sayin if i had a toy of a hand layin in my room its haram.....i dont get it...
:sl:
There are different opinions on this. Some believe that absolutely no images of living things are acceptable. Others believe that it is acceptable if the thing that is drawn is missing a vital part of its body, like the face, the body or the head. Since a skeleton (or merely a skull, in the case of the Pirates of the Carribean logo) can't possibly be alive and is missing loads of vital parts of the body, that would probably be okay according to that opinion.

But yeah, this isn't really a proper opinion and you should ask somebody qualified rather than posting here. If you post here then all that will happen is people will just copy/paste fatwas from other websites or give their own opinions.
:w:
:w:

Vito
02-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Good question. I got this little statue of a fictional character as a gift a long time ago. I'd like to know as well

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.