/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lactose

Mikayeel
02-20-2009, 06:34 PM
:sl:

I just found out something bad, i am iintolerant to lactose.... My favourite drink milk is giving me problems.. I always had stomach problems during my life but i never bothered finding out where its coming from.

Soo i had some little test, a whole week without drinking milk (THE PAIN!!) and that whole week my stomach wasn't bloated or nothing...

Now i started drinking milk agian.. and the problems started. So I thought of the obvious, i can't digest lactose... I went looking today to buy some lactase pills, but wihout luck... So i was wondering if anyone (in the UK) knows where to get lactase products from.. this would save me alot of time.

:w: :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
02-20-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't know how to advise you but I get constant stomach pains as well and I love milk:-O.

Mikayeel
02-20-2009, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
I don't know how to advise you but I get constant stomach pains as well and I love milk:-O.

Stop taking milk for couple of days see if it improves.

Sister_Zee
02-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Salaam,

I just saw you sig in the other thread and I thought wow this brother likes milk :P , sorry to hear about your problem. Insha'Allah someone will help you out I don't live in England.

Milk is the best! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zanjabeela
02-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Sorry to hear that your body doesn't agree with your taste buds. I know what an agony it is, as I'm in the same boat: Love milk, could drink it all day long, but the body demands small amounts only. :( If you'll have health food stores (you know, the organic oriented stores) in your locality, try those for the lactase pills. Also, look online for a shop that can ship it to you, if there is nothing in your area.

You'll need to get your calcium from somewhere, so make sure you find a substitute that works for you, whether it's yogurt or whatever. Look into soy milk so that you can get your milk fix...although I'll be the first to tell you: It's not the same!!! Better than nothing, though.

Best of luck to you!

:w:

Mikayeel
02-21-2009, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zanjabeela
Sorry to hear that your body doesn't agree with your taste buds. I know what an agony it is, as I'm in the same boat: Love milk, could drink it all day long, but the body demands small amounts only. :( If you'll have health food stores (you know, the organic oriented stores) in your locality, try those for the lactase pills. Also, look online for a shop that can ship it to you, if there is nothing in your area.

You'll need to get your calcium from somewhere, so make sure you find a substitute that works for you, whether it's yogurt or whatever. Look into soy milk so that you can get your milk fix...although I'll be the first to tell you: It's not the same!!! Better than nothing, though.

Best of luck to you!

:w:
BarakAllahu feeki for ur help :)

I will be out tomorrow first thing looking for these pills, No luck online....
I went to the store to get lactose free milk, which has half the lactose taken out of it and the other half if predigested with lactase. But it doesn't taste half as good as real milkimsad

Ye tell me about it, soy milk is really not nice!

InshAllah i am already looking to introduce more calcium in my diet, through different food. I am a fruit fanatic soo that should be sorted :)

Mikayeel
02-21-2009, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister_Zee
Salaam,

I just saw you sig in the other thread and I thought wow this brother likes milk :P , sorry to hear about your problem. Insha'Allah someone will help you out I don't live in England.

Milk is the best! :D
Thank you very much for ur concern :)

Yanal
02-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Im in his same business so brother mikayeel wanna be crime partners? I'm going to ask a SM to change my profile picture.

Banu_Hashim
02-21-2009, 06:32 AM
My little cousin is severely allergic to milk and any product with any trace of milk, or any dairy product (yep, even milk chocolate). The last time he accidentally had something with milk in it, he was hospitalised for a week +. It's so bad that, that he has to have soya milk instead, special cakes cooked without milk and everything. Alhamdulilah he gets through it, so for anyone else it should be fine.

And also, get yourself tested at the doctors so they can confirm your suspicion

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!