/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serbs ordered to pay for mosques

Pomak
02-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Serb authorities in Bosnia-Hercegovina have been ordered to pay $42m (£26m) to local Muslims for the destruction of mosques during the Bosnian civil war.

All 16 mosques in Banja Luka, the main town of the Serb-run Republika Srpska, were destroyed in the 1992-1995 war.

A lawyer for the area's Muslim community said the local court verdict was of historic importance.

Hundreds of religious buildings were destroyed in the conflict, in which about 100,000 civilians were killed.

The local court ruling came nine years after the Bosnian Islamic Community sued the Bosnian Serb government and Banja Luka city authorities for the destruction of the shrines in 1993.

The Islamic Community said more than 1,000 of its objects were destroyed or damaged during the war.

"For us, what is far more important than material compensation is that for the first time Republika Srpska has taken complete responsibility for the destruction of the mosques," SRNA news agency quoted the Islamic Community's lawyer Esad Hrvacic as saying.

The Dayton peace agreement signed in 1995 created two semi-state entities: Republika Srpska for the Serbs, and the Bosniak-Croat Federation for Bosniaks (Bosnian Muslims) and Croats.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7902929.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amadeus85
02-22-2009, 12:38 AM
And what about vice versa?

Pomak
02-22-2009, 12:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
And what about vice versa?
Which Churches were deliberately destroyed in Bosnia?

Amadeus85
02-22-2009, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pomak
Which Churches were deliberately destroyed in Bosnia?
During that war Serbs were destroying mosques and catholic churches, Croatians were destroying mosques and orthodox churches and Muslims were destroying christian places of worship. So not only Serbs should pay, but the two mentioned nationalities also.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pomak
02-22-2009, 12:54 AM
During that war Serbs were destroying mosques and catholic churches, Croatians were destroying mosques and orthodox churches and Muslims were destroying christian places of worship. So not only Serbs should pay, but the two mentioned nationalities also.
Examples....?

Amadeus85
02-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Examples....?
Oops, my mistake, The Bosniaks were angels who by mistake took weapon in their hands to fight the incarnate evil Serbs and Croatians...
I cannot give You exact examples, as I dont know every church in bosnian villages and I dont know their names, but from what I know all religious groups were destroying the places of worships of their enemies.

Pomak
02-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Oops, my mistake, The Bosniaks were angels who by mistake took weapon in their hands to fight the incarnate evil Serbs and Croatians...
I cannot give You exact examples, as I dont know every church in bosnian villages and I dont know their names, but from what I know all religious groups were destroying the places of worships of their enemies.
Until you come up with examples, its basically slander.

Anyways i also doubt it because i know of some serbs(christians) who fought for the Bosnians.

Al-Zaara
02-22-2009, 09:00 AM
As if they'll pay. But inshaAllah, I'll try to keep my hopes up.

The_Prince
02-22-2009, 09:10 AM
aaron quit whining, we know who the demented ones were in this war, now go google to try and find something.

Amadeus85
02-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Until you come up with examples, its basically slander.

I just dont agree that in that war only Serbs were the bad guys. In Balkans people have a long memory and the hatred in the hearts of the Slavs there was filled in centuries years ago.

Al-Zaara
02-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I just dont agree that in that war only Serbs were the bad guys.
The rest, you mean the ones who fought against the crimes done to them? They cannot be defined as "bad guys". War is never clean and pure, the good and bad sides are NOT perfectly drawn, because there will always be a gang of people who'll go against the mainstream.

Yet in this war it is obvious who the greater evil, or greatest evil was and what it did. You can't possibly see the few gangs who managed to fight against the Shkau to be as powerful as you make them seem.

Just like some armed Albanians fought against the Ottomans in Kosova, it was in short nothing, a gang of few individuals who took "justice" in their own hands. In Albanian history they take much place of pride, but the Turks of that time barely recognized them as any kind of threat and still don't, bluntly put, care. Simple troublemakers, for the way stronger party they weren't needed to be recognized, because they also won.

Now here we have Serbia who "lost" and I do believe they would like, or others wanting to protect them, to point at those few who were able to fight back and make their part in the war and destruction bigger than it actually was.

But yes! Churches were destroyed! How could they not? It is war! Symbols like that will get targeted.

I don't know which ones or how many, but compared to what the Shkau did, they play a minor part, sad for the loosing party. believe it or not, lots amounts of money have already rebuilt or relocated churches by the Bosnian Serb authorities.

Pomak
02-23-2009, 06:52 AM
I just dont agree that in that war only Serbs were the bad guys. In Balkans people have a long memory and the hatred in the hearts of the Slavs there was filled in centuries years ago.
You have exactly 30 seconds to withdraw that comment.

The Bosnian leadership might have been corrupt and the welfare for their people might be reliably questioned, but they(meaning people/soldiers) did not engage in mass (repeated) rape, mass (gendercide) murder, systematic religious desecration, deliberate targeting of children. (ect, i can keep going)

Amadeus85
02-23-2009, 01:28 PM
You have exactly 30 seconds to withdraw that comment.

The Bosnian leadership might have been corrupt and the welfare for their people might be reliably questioned, but they(meaning people/soldiers) did not engage in mass (repeated) rape, mass (gendercide) murder, systematic religious desecration, deliberate targeting of children. (ect, i can keep going)
Yes, in this one I must admit my mistake, which came from my lack of knowledge about this. I also confused some of the facts with the war in Kosovo between Serbs and Albanians (where Albanians were targetting the serbian monasteries).

Pomak
02-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes, in this one I must admit my mistake, which came from my lack of knowledge about this. I also confused some of the facts with the war in Kosovo between Serbs and Albanians (where Albanians were targetting the serbian monasteries).
Yeah KLA weren't angels.

Btw you are aware that Kosovo is the name for the province according to the Albanians and Kosova is the Serb name, right? (you used each one once)

Amadeus85
02-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah KLA weren't angels.

Btw you are aware that Kosovo is the name for the province according to the Albanians and Kosova is the Serb name, right? (you used each one once)
What I am aware is that Kosovo(as we say in english) is same place for Serbs as Mecca for muslims and Jerusalem for jews and because of the imperialistic turkish politicy centuries ago and ridiculous albanian birth rates, Serbs lost the province for Albanians who already have their country. Great injustice, but its an offtopic.
The topic is- yes Serbs should pay for the destroyed mosques.

Al-Zaara
02-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Great injustice, but its an offtopic.
Hah.

If the Serbs wouldn't have been such blood-sucking beasts, maybe they could have kept their precious "Mecca" from bathing in blood and injustice and then "weirdly" enough slipping away from their loving arms.

The topic is- yes Serbs should pay for the destroyed mosques.
Good you agree with that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.